• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Laughed at how these guys were trying to get that changed. As I saw it looks like the snow has fell from the roof, and the people in the house haven't noticed yet.

Here's the userbar:
Cxy6R.png

The antagonists battle theme is really good. It sounds complete but I guess it's not long enough. I'm glad you changed the starters, but I don't see Chingling as a good starter. It only learns 7 or 6 moves (counting or not counting Wrap). It also doesn't evolve the same as the other two. You might either need to change Chingling, or change it to a different Pokemon, like Spoink.

Spoink gets a full moveset like the other two, evolves like the two, and also seems to have a 'level' ladder with the other two.

Poochyena evolves level 18 (making the game easier), Makuhita evolves level 24 (making the game moderate), and Spoink would evolve at level 32 (making the game a bit more challenging. Yes or no?

I still don't know why he was saying that there was snow under the doorstep, because there isn't, personally I see no issue in the screen. Anyway.

I'm really glad you like the theme, and it will make a bit more sense when I release the art and concept behind the antagonists. I wish to make the music a beat more up beat in places and more textured.

I appreciate your comments on the starters, but I'll be tweaking the movesets anyway, so that whoever you pick you will learn a lot of moves, along with raised stats. Also Chimecho is my favourite Pokémon so I'm bias XD

Lastly, I thank you so much for the userbar and I'll put it in the main thread! Again, thanks! And thanks for the comments guys.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Alright since in mamby pamby land we can't give criticism, and I can't talk about how much I LIKE the game, I have no choice but to not give feedback.

Can I be on the team? I have experience with networking, scripting, C#(I could make DLLs to further expand upon the game's features) Hell, I'm so qualified that if you don't take me it would only be out of vendetta, as you say yourself!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Alright since in mamby pamby land we can't give criticism, and I can't talk about how much I LIKE the game, I have no choice but to not give feedback.

Can I be on the team? I have experience with networking, scripting, C#(I could make DLLs to further expand upon the game's features) Hell, I'm so qualified that if you don't take me it would only be out of vendetta, as you say yourself!

Well if you're honestly interested in helping out, you can PM me any proof of work. We would be using Ruby/RGSS, but if you could explain to me in the PM what exactly you'd like to do with C# then that'd help. If you're willing to work with the game, then I have no issue. Just not entirely sure what you could provide, so just delve a little further and that would be cool.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2011
The game looks fantastic! I can see you put a lot of thought into this. Good luck and I hope you finish this!

bbigman76

Elite 4 Member
Years
This game looks amazing. i would like to say that i will do a lets play of this when the beta's come out. i will be keeping my eye on this thread. I just hope you finish it, unlike some hacks.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Have been watching your progress on dA all the time, and i have to say that this is probably one of my favorite games so far. Everything looks really professionaly done. And those new tunes sounds really great.

The idea of having different starters apart from standart Water,fire,grass its really good.

Oh and you might think about changing the doors on snowy houses, because they seems a bit smaller then others.

Keep up the good work and sorry for my english.

Years
This game looks amazing. i would like to say that i will do a lets play of this when the beta's come out. i will be keeping my eye on this thread. I just hope you finish it, unlike some hacks.

This isn't a hack. This game has no quality of a hack, because the graphics are way more than GBA, and that's a good thing I may add. Also Pokemon Raptor isn't a hack either, it's a fan-made game. As hacks are illegal, games don't face as much trouble as you'd think.

Example:
Q:
I'm looking for a game with pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (Is that 3rd generation pokemon?) with a new storyline. I could go into more depth about what exactly I'm looking for but I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it.
I've found a section in "Emulation" called "Hacks Showcase and a section in "Game Development" called "Games Showcase". What's the difference and where should I look to find proper, finished, working games that I can play through?

A:
Game Development doesn't hack Pokemon Roms and make games out of them. They use actual programs such as RPG Maker or their own client.
If you're looking for Pokemon Rom hacks, see Emulation and Hack Showcase.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Oh and you might think about changing the doors on snowy houses, because they seems a bit smaller then others.

Yeah that map is a little older so I still have to update the tileset a bit. But thanks for noticing and for your comments!

Update

Three things really, some screenshots, a competition, some music, and some information on the first demo. Owait, that's 4. See, I've been working too much.

First off, some Screenshots from Aria City, the home of the gym leader Regan.

334.png
AriaCity3.png
AriaCity1.png
BattleRegan.png

Just a note,
gym leaders will no longer be fought in gyms. Each leader will be in a place corresponding to their personality. You will no longer just be able to enter a gym and face the leader, you must go to their domain in which may lie near to the town, or very far away, just listen to the hints from the locals and think about the type of pokemon the leader wields and link that to certain places in the game.

Also a look at the current indoor tiles, I'm going to make some better ones, and change up the map a little.

3445455.png

This is the theme for the antagonists. I need to make it faster I know.

And lastly I wanted to talk about the first demo. Well I do intend on doing all I can to finish this game, and that is my set goal. Very few developers have ever done this. At any rate, we're hoping to release a demo this summer. Not putting a deadline on it, but that's what I aim for. I am more than half way there. And that's only because I have exams, and had school and little time. What needs to be done is one or two maps, then some indoors, a few sprites and a little eventing and scripting. So do you guys think I should release demos or simply wait for the finished product? I would be doing a demo for every 2nd leader battle. So 3 in total, then the finished game.

Now for the competition.

Competition #1 - Design a Support Banner

Want a chance to be in the first demo of Forever Lost as a trainer or have a cameo appearance? Want to see yourself in the game, sprited in your chosen description by me or my talented team? Then here's what you've gotta do!

Design a support banner, for the game, and the person with the best banner (chosen by me) will get their appearance. And be sure I'll put in you in the updates too before the release! Here's the rules and guidelines:

• Must be related to Pokémon: Forever Lost only.
  • You may use sprites, screenshots or any art related to the game.
  • The size must be within 500x300
  • You have 1 week until the 10th of June.
All support banners will be put in the main thread anyway, unless you don't want them to be used. So good luck guys!

Last edited:
Years
AriaCity3.png
AriaCity1.png

I love the brick tiles. It reminds me of those old brick roads in my hometown. One thing I see is that in front of the door is grass, not brick. Great work on the Pokemon Center, this is building has brick in front of the door so it's fine. Lots of shade for a building not to tall.

The Music

The music seems just fine to me. If you speed it up it will only make the music worse, IMO. Great tune, I will probably be listening to this when I battle online/Wi-Fi.

And lastly I wanted to talk about the first demo. Well I do intend on doing all I can to finish this game, and that is my set goal. Very few developers have ever done this. At any rate, we're hoping to release a demo this summer. Not putting a deadline on it, but that's what I aim for. I am more than half way there. And that's only because I have exams, and had school and little time. What needs to be done is one or two maps, then some indoors, a few sprites and a little eventing and scripting. So do you guys think I should release demos or simply wait for the finished product? I would be doing a demo for every 2nd leader battle. So 3 in total, then the finished game.

I think if you demos it'll put less time off your back, and have some time to lay off until you start working on the next. Plus I really want to play this game so... If you did start working til the Final Product... One, I'll be very, very sad, two, put more time on your hands, and three make others wait.
I'll be glad to help if you need anything.

I will be participating in this competition. One question, animation is allowed or not allowed?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well I'll be happy with doing demos then, I thought it might be the best idea to do so anyway. As for the music, it does just need some overall refinements.

Yes, animation is allowed. Anything at all. I may consider runner up prizes too of course, depending on the quantity and quality of the entrants.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013

I smell jealousy

The game itself is better than most of everything on this section, who are you to judge.

I'd be surprised if your 'experience' would be any useful with RMXP, as it is just a walk in the park.

OT: Good luck with this, it looks very nice. Especially as you're doing this for a hobby. I however think the starter Pokemon is a bit dull, but it can be something I can get used to. :p

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Lets add my entry, minimalism at best. Well, except that in minimalism you don't really use colors but still :P

9hnszo.png

Simple enough I suppose.

Edit; Also I made a smaller version of it, a 16kb png with a inline style:
2115sw0.png

I couldn't decide which one to submit :B But I'll just post this one here just in case.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Gavin, your game is looking amazing. I have been looking forward to it for a long time and I'm gald to see it's coming along nicely- I love the idea of not having Gyms, it's waaay too old already.

About the song, I'd improve a bit the intro (it's way too empty at first), and maybe speed it up a bit, as you said.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
I like the new screens and like the idea of not having indoor gyms. The only thing that bugs me are indoor tiles but as you said you're going to change them so i know that they will look amazing.

The music is really well composed and i don't think you need to speed it up. Its just fine that way.

Looking forward for new updates !

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thanks for the comments guys, I'm loving the support. And most definitely thank you for your entries so far guys, they look great!

I changed up the music for the antagonists, how is this? I added some panning, some more motifs and sped it up a little.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
made a banner for the contest, hope you like it. (if its to fast, i can slow it down a bit)
Untitled-1.gif

on to the music, the antognists theme sounds great, but the forest theme sounds to, robot-like, try to make it sound more wild.

EDIT: ok i slowed it down a bit, what do you think, slower,faster?

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm a huge fan of the redone antagonist theme. I'd definitely be A-OK fighting plenty of battles with background music like that. :B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back