• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Comeback; Yet another RMT

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Introduction

Um yeah, I'm really piling with the threads now. <__< Anyway, I want to come back into OU and built this team. It sucks. :C It has won quite a few battles but we only win by a tiny amount. I'm not gonna do any team building process things or threat list because I just want to get this team laddering. 8)

Meet the team

445.gif

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Set up with SR. A risky set, SD with SR. But it work's so it's all good.

593.gif

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

Standard Jellicent special wall, can take a huge hit, especially Fire attacks for Lucario and Skarmory. Can absorb Water hits aimed at anyone, idk why anyone would use Water on this team.

227.gif

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

My amazingly annoying Physical wall, Spikes damage plus SR from Chomp really add up and inflict quite a bit of damage making it that easier to kill them off. Brave Bird over roost so I'm not complete taunt bait.

485.gif

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 56 SAtk / 204 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

Pretty tanky. <3 RestTalk is so annoying! @_@ Can take a hit and bite straight back with a stabbed Lava Plume, which has a 30% Burn rate, or use Earth Power to hurt Rock/Fire/Steel types or other Heatran who can usually kill it with Earth Power.

251.gif

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heal Bell

She compliments Heatran nicely, drawing in Fire attacks and letting Heatran receive the Fire attack boost, she's also a good supporter, Giga Drain is a better choice because I can heal myself of it, Hp Ice is for Dragons/Grass types, Leech seed over Recover is a tad risky but worth it.

534.gif

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback

So far Conkeldurr's lived up to that brute power. +2 Bulk up destroy's a lot of things, and physical moves barely do anything to it. I choose Payback over Stone Edge since I always find that Ghost/Psychic types are annoying.

Thoughts

The introduction say's it all really about it being weak. Haxorus kinda tear's this team a new one, Skarmory doesn't do all that well with blocking it.

HELP PLEASE. ;;

Last edited:

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Watch out for for fast special attackers with good coverage like Thundurus and Starmie. I don't think it even needs a boost to 0~2HKO the entire team with Thunderbolt / Ice move. I'm certain that there is almost no way to beat it with the current team if you give it a chance to switch in (which is not that hard).

The "double dragon" strategy can also give you trouble. Your sole steel type Skarmory can be weakened (no Roost :/) by ridiculous things like Latios DM gearing for a Garchomp sweep which your team can't handle, because it's so slow.

The reason I'm just naming weaks right now is because your team has no really viable method to deal with them (I didn't even mention weather). No checks or even offensive presence to prevent them from switching in and setting up. It also doesn't help when your three most defensive pokemon are all fragile to a certain type.

...Well this is a just small nitpick but Skarmory should always have max HP and Roost and either Taunt OR Brave Bird.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Jellicent and Tentacruel are carbon copies of each other defensively. Remove one or the other. Get Roost on Skarmory over Taunt probably, or else it's absolutely useless. Like flamehaze94 said, you're annihilated by special sweepers, most notably Thundurus. This doesn't mean that you can just slap on Blissey and expect to win; you lack offensive presence and honestly when none of your team even breaks 100 base speed on an offensive team there's going to be multiple flaws with the team. You'll go a long way replacing Tentacruel with something fast.

edit: What's with the speed EVs on Skarmory? Anything in particular you're outrunning?

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
The team seems a mix between heavy stall and heavy offence, which never work that well. It's better to decide between all out offence, or all out defence (heavy stall). Semi-Stall is pretty viable, but you'd need to redo the whole team pretty much.

So let's say this is a stall team:

Scrap breloom, lucario and haxorus.

Replace with Heatran, Celebi and Garchomp (lead)

Lead Garchomp @ Life orb
252att 252spe 4hp
Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Double Chop / Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

Reliably sets up rocks and forces switches due to offensive pressure. Sub -> Dragkn Tail s a great way to scout a team/ rack up entry hazards.

Heatran @ Leftovers
248hp 56spA 204spD
Modest
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Lava Plume
- Roar / Earth Power

Phazer and another dragon resist.

Celebi @ Leftovers
252hp 36spe 220def
Bold
- Grass Knot
- Recover / Leech Seed
- HP fire / ice
- T-Wave / Heal Bell

Support Celebi goes great with Tran and provides a fire/water/grass core that people regularly forget about in gen V.

Alternatively use lead Celebi and use scarf Garchomp.

Perriechu

Years
So I've taken the advice given and made my team a lot better, it's winning more and it's not by a little bit. 8) Although I still think there's something missing. ;; I feel that Blissey could give me a whole load of crap is Chomp and Conkel are gone. \:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
So I've taken the advice given and made my team a lot better, it's winning more and it's not by a little bit. 8) Although I still think there's something missing. ;; I feel that Blissey could give me a whole load of crap is Chomp and Conkel are gone. \:

which changes did you end up making? though idk why you're concerned about blissey, taunt/status jellicent beats it all the time because it outspeeds and prevents it from recovering/etc.

Perriechu

Years
which changes did you end up making? though idk why you're concerned about blissey, taunt/status jellicent beats it all the time because it outspeeds and prevents it from recovering/etc.

The changes that are in the main post... It just somehow alway's manages to come in and mess everything up. Although hopefully now it won't. <:

Any more suggestions guy's? 8D

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
I see you have a Garchomp with a Life Orb as your lead, which could not be the best idea. Thundurus is a very common lead in OU and can one-shot you with Hidden Power Ice, which means you won't be setting up any Stealth Rock. Try utilizing a Focus Sash >> Life Orb. Also, locking into Outrage early game isn't the best idea because Steels can use you as setup fodder, so I would actually replace Outrage with Dual Chop to break other sashes.

Other than that, I like the team, and using Celetran is a cool idea for Gen 5 because Celebi really isn't used (well with good reason but here it could work thanks to team support and a lower prevalence of Pursuit in Gen 5). The only other change I would recommend is to consider having a Rapid Spinner on the team, although with the prevalence of Ghosts this gen it might not be as good of an idea.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I see you have a Garchomp with a Life Orb as your lead, which could not be the best idea. Thundurus is a very common lead in OU and can one-shot you with Hidden Power Ice, which means you won't be setting up any Stealth Rock. Try utilizing a Focus Sash >> Life Orb.
Yeah, just noticed the Life Orb in there. Agreeing with common Thundurus leads, but I would suggest Yache Berry over Focus Sash, as even though both can survive at least one Ice attack, Yache would leave you with enough HP to be able to be switched in later, as 1 HP might not take much for just about anything to kill it. Also, if you encountered a Thundurus, then SR, then switched in with 1 HP left, there's a chance the opponent might set up Entry Hazards amd kill it the turn its sent in. But I can see why Focus Sash may be better in some cases, as something could set up a lot of CM's like Reuniclus or Virizion, etc. , and you could survive the turn with 1 HP and manage to kill them. But of course, things like Conkeldurr who use Bulk Up's won't help as you won't do much damage before you go down. So, anyway, your choice on Focus Sash or Yache Berry.
Or, of course you could stick with LO.

Back