The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:33 PM
♠Dawn Rayne♠
Best in the world at what I do

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to ♠Dawn Rayne♠
I noticed alot of things too during my run through these past few weeks.

I am guessing that in the show, the fighting pokemon gym in Saffron is officially a gym? It showed the samurai earning his Marsh badge by beating a Hitmonlee in the episode "Bad to The Bone" So Ash is the only trainer to beat Sabrina I suppose.

Also the animator messes up Team Rockets clothes quite alot, one minute they have gloves and the next just long white sleeves lol.
I've seen it all, I was here first..

Old January 5th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Tombo

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
I've recently started rewatching and so far I'm up to Episode 37 - Pikachu's goodbye.

I'm loving it but it is gonna take me a long time to catch up

There are so many Pikachus in this episode!
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:58 PM
The Red Chain

Wow! I came in here at an interesting time since the older series is also being rewatched almost completely by others too!

I started rewatching the entire Kanto series a few days ago. I finished the Indigo Plateau episodes just last night and started on Johto. :3
Gosh how I missed these old days.. I don't care how bad and how cheesy the episodes are, they are all still so amazing. For Pokemon, I'll always be a kid at heart. <3

.. and Pikachu's Goodbye still manages to make me cry a river. ;~;

Old January 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Tombo

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Chain View Post
Wow! I came in here at an interesting time since the older series is also being rewatched almost completely by others too!

I started rewatching the entire Kanto series a few days ago. I finished the Indigo Plateau episodes just last night and started on Johto. :3
Gosh how I missed these old days.. I don't care how bad and how cheesy the episodes are, they are all still so amazing. For Pokemon, I'll always be a kid at heart. <3

.. and Pikachu's Goodbye still manages to make me cry a river. ;~;
Wow, you must do nothing but watch the episodes to get through them that quickly!

I'm now up to episode 70, I'm loving the series so far.

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people so PM me today!

It's a whole new way to see,
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all
And be the best that you can be!
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM
The Red Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
Wow, you must do nothing but watch the episodes to get through them that quickly!
Hahaha! It was through the course of a few days.. being about a week or so. I'm not sure if that is still quick or not. XD;

Well I haven't been watching much of Johto lately but I'm planning on watching Whitney's episodes here pretty soon. I've seen most of the starting episodes thousands of times over since I have them on tape, so I skipped most of those.

Old January 12th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Tombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Chain View Post

Hahaha! It was through the course of a few days.. being about a week or so. I'm not sure if that is still quick or not. XD;

Well I haven't been watching much of Johto lately but I'm planning on watching Whitney's episodes here pretty soon. I've seen most of the starting episodes thousands of times over since I have them on tape, so I skipped most of those.
Okay, well that is fair enough then. It's still pretty quick though! I've been watching for bout 5 weeks and I'm up to episode 70, I thought tht was pretty speedy before lol.

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people so PM me today!

It's a whole new way to see,
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all
And be the best that you can be!
Old January 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
nickstr
Smoochum

Nature: Gentle
I might be one of the few here who modernized their original series collection. I have all of Kanto and the Orange Islands on DVD along with whittling away at Johto. Recently its been Master Quest here and Johto Journeys on TV.
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM
LD1808
Beginning Trainer

Didn't really like Orange Island, mainly because it had Tracy (who's just as bad as Max and Dawn...woah off topic). Indigo Leauge was the best. Johto had a lot of filler, but what's wrong with filler, as long as it's funny?

A lot of people say it's only because of nostalgia and that we grew up with it, or it came first. That's a part of it, yes, but you'll notice that the writing has improved in Best Wishes, because they (I've heard) brought back the original writers.

Plus, just because Ash could actually suck at being a trainer in the early episodes, Team Rocket was a threat (especially Pokemon Emergency! and Here Comes the Squirtle Squad!), the supporting characters and Characters of the day weren't bland (most of the time), etc.

And this is kinda small, but did anybody else prefer the original coloring style over the new digital style? Oh sure, the new ones are brighter and look newer, but some colors changed (for the worse) such as Jessie's hair went from red to magenta, and Officer Jenny's went from blue to green-ish blue (I think). On top of that, Pikachu was actually cute back then. He was chubby (until Johto or Orange Islands), and he didn't just talk after Ash did. Now (in DP) he's basically like Piplup (off topic again?)....

Plus with the Indigo Leauge, 4Kids did a decent job. They didn't replace riceballs with sandwiches, they actually translated the signs instead of just leaving them blank, they tried harder with translation of dialouge (at least earler on), etc. And the music replacement was lower.

Additionally, I liked the older music better, too. Title Screen especially, the Raid! theme, Team Rocket's Motto theme, Kanto Bicycle Theme, Team Rocket Encounter, Route 1, not to mention the openings, and Pikachu's Jukebox/Pokemon Kareokemon. And I liked Who's That Pokemon? beter than Trainer's Choice (at least they got Who's That Pokemon right, as far as I can remember).
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:09 PM
-Cygnus-
It's an odyssey

Nature: Mild
Just saw episode 35ish, Legend of Dratini or something... Good lord that was quite a shock to the system lol. I was never really big into the anime, but I remember a few episodes as a kid and... Guns? Hitler Meowth?? Seriously lol were all the japanese episodes this different than those viz media VHS tapes I have stowed in my basement? I've heard that 4kids watered it down a bit but... Hitler Meowth lol that's all I got to say.

I was kind of amused at how close Team Rocket's voices japanese voices were to the English versions though xD
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:10 PM
ZeldaStrife
PKMN Trainer for 16 Years

Nature: Jolly
I recently started watching the anime again after I got back into my SoulSilver game, and subsequently my White version. I thought, "Man, I wanna go back and rewatch some Pokemon episodes!"

Well, I worked my way through season one, which was a blast. when I was a kid that was as far as I got, but I'd like to watch further. However, I know that season two was just terrible--it was the reason I initially stopped. But i would like to watch some later seasons and whatnot.

But for now, I'd like to know if there are any episodes in Season 2 that are noteworthy. I watched up to episode three, where Brock leaves (EPIC POUTING MANEUVER), but now I have seen that the rest of the season is dumb.

Thanks!
Old May 17th, 2011, 10:59 PM
JinRazielGames
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Brock leaves, later comes back.
Just watch it all. You know.
Bad things happen but later the good returns.

Keep watching, and Orange Islands are my favorite.
Old May 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Wow, I really enjoyed it - especially since the orange islands are anime exclusive, it just showed the writers imaginations.

I guess the best bet for you would be to just watch the gym battles, and maybe a few captures.

Old May 18th, 2011, 02:10 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The Orange Islands were pretty meh to me. I suggest you watch the battle between Ash and Drake (2 parts if I remember correctly) because it shows how overpowered Drake's Dragonite is.

Old May 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM
ZeldaStrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Wow, I really enjoyed it - especially since the orange islands are anime exclusive, it just showed the writers imaginations.

I guess the best bet for you would be to just watch the gym battles, and maybe a few captures.
A couple of them are a little odd, I mus admit, but a few of them are pretty enjoyable, especially more towards the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
The Orange Islands were pretty meh to me. I suggest you watch the battle between Ash and Drake (2 parts if I remember correctly) because it shows how overpowered Drake's Dragonite is.
haha, "meh" is definitely a word I would use to describe this season, too. I just finished watching that episode between Ash and Drake, and it was a really good match. I enjoyed it immensely.

Once the season really gets going, it does get better. But I wish Ash didnt always release his good Pokemon--like right now, he's gonna release his Lapras. And previously, he released his newly-evolved Pidgeot.

Perhaps I was quick to judge. Thanks, guys.
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:08 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
I think the best part of that season was where Ash's Charizard FINALLY starts to obey Ash in Charizard Chills. At least watch that one if you haven't.
Old May 21st, 2011, 06:11 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Well look at this, Orange Island discussion. Lemme savor this moment while I move this on over to the Original Series Discussion sticky over in the Episode Discussion forum.

I have to admit, the Orange Islands was one part of the anime that I actually didn't follow up on too well. After the Indigo Plateau, I kind of lost track of the show until the Advanced Generation when Hoenn took place.
Old May 21st, 2011, 06:55 AM
ZeldaStrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
I think the best part of that season was where Ash's Charizard FINALLY starts to obey Ash in Charizard Chills. At least watch that one if you haven't.
Ah, yes! That was indeed a good episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
Well look at this, Orange Island discussion. Lemme savor this moment while I move this on over to the Original Series Discussion sticky over in the Episode Discussion forum.

I have to admit, the Orange Islands was one part of the anime that I actually didn't follow up on too well. After the Indigo Plateau, I kind of lost track of the show until the Advanced Generation when Hoenn took place.
Ooooh, my bad! I'm sorry if I placed this in an incorrect subforum. I did search other forums and tried to place my question in the most appropriate one. I wanted to discuss the series as a whole, not a specific episode, so I thought this was the most appropriate. Sorry again! ;
Old May 21st, 2011, 06:04 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemonguy1990 View Post
Just realized something while re watching old Kanto Pokemon.

Ep. 49 so far yet so farfetch'd Jessie has 2 pokemon, arbok and lickitung
HOWEVER, lickitung isn't caught until episode 52 princess vs. princess
I think that is due to changes in the airing dates.

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:30 AM
PickupTeam
Free Item Abuser

Just now.

With the flashing seizure lights.

On this website, no less:

*Mod Edit*

With the subtly seizure-inducing background to enhance the experience.

Now I am shaking and a little, well, disoriented...but at least I can coherently form sentences. That was horrible. Absolutely horrible, and I sat through all of it. I do not recommend this to anybody to watch, unless you are as masochistic as me and have a morbid curiosity like I did.

Ugh.

EDIT:

Spoiler:
It had exactly what I thought it was going to have: flashing strobe effects in rainbow colors, and lots of explosions.
It also had a lot of perfect geometric patterns, which I generally find hypnotic by themselves, much less with rhythmic strobing going on.

I cannot believe this was even made! Who thought it would be a good idea to do all that!? Seriously. Do Not Watch It.

EDIT:

No, you know what? I think it's actually funny in a weird way. Because the essence of Polygon could not have been captured in any other way.

Painting with Smeargles, all day and night.
Mewtwo's laboratory within my sights.
God, grant me a lightning bolt path-
I pray for safe passage thru numbers and math.

Last edited by Kirbychu; May 30th, 2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Needed time to clear my head x_x
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirbychu
Please do not link to websites that illegally show the episodes. We also have a thread for the original series episodes.

I'm disappointed that this episode caused so any seizures because it just ruined every chance the Porygon family would have of ever appearing again.

Oh, and I feel sorry for the children too!

Paired to cr4y

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I have seen it and I didn't experience any where near your "supposed" seizure conditions you mentioned. The episode it's self wasn't that bad, it was an alright filler at the best but I wouldn't say don't watch it just because there are flashes through out half the episode. Just don't watch it if you are prone to seizures, if that is not the case then you shouldn't let the seizure scare impact if you watch this or not.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM
PickupTeam
Free Item Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I have seen it and I didn't experience any where near your "supposed" seizure conditions you mentioned. The episode it's self wasn't that bad, it was an alright filler at the best but I wouldn't say don't watch it just because there are flashes through out half the episode. Just don't watch it if you are prone to seizures, if that is not the case then you shouldn't let the seizure scare impact if you watch this or not.

The thing is, I'm NOT prone to seizures at all. Never had one. The episode left me with some mental confusion and disorientation (during which I perhaps unwisely made a triple post about the event). I wasn't expecting anything like that to happen to me.

Painting with Smeargles, all day and night.
Mewtwo's laboratory within my sights.
God, grant me a lightning bolt path-
I pray for safe passage thru numbers and math.

Old June 5th, 2011, 03:00 PM
poopnate
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Just a quick question here since Pickup got on the topic of Porygon... Does "Denno Senshi Porygon" come on the DVDs (in Japanese or English dubs... I don't care which)? I know it's banned, but as long as there's a Seizure Warning, it should be legal to sell, shouldn't it?
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirbychu
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnate View Post
Just a quick question here since Pickup got on the topic of Porygon... Does "Denno Senshi Porygon" come on the DVDs (in Japanese or English dubs... I don't care which)? I know it's banned, but as long as there's a Seizure Warning, it should be legal to sell, shouldn't it?
I'm pretty sure the Japanese government placed a worldwide ban on the episode.

Paired to cr4y

Old June 6th, 2011, 03:33 AM
poopnate
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post

I'm pretty sure the Japanese government placed a worldwide ban on the episode.
Arceus Dammit! Oh well... I can always find them Fandubbed online, I guess. Thanks for the answer. :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links