The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Advertise here
The battle scene looks like it came from raptor, and why is poccil listed as your scripter?
Old February 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Nature: Adamant
Wow! This is a huge improvement! I am really impressed. The battle scene doesss kind of look like raptor's. Other than that, it's flawless!

EDIT: Also, try to take your screenshots at 240x160 it looks cleaner for some reason.
Old February 15th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Poeman

Kind of? It looks exactly like it O.o
Old February 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
That's called stealing isn't it?
Unless you have permission to use those resources, you should remove them to be safe.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old February 16th, 2010, 02:09 AM
gsorby
Pokémon Spiritanium Creator

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to gsorby Send a message via Skype™ to gsorby
Whoa whoa! People, I didn't steal Raptor's script! I saw it and I thought it looked cool so I threw together my own script. I also made my own resources to make it look like it. It's all made by me, NO copying of the scripts and NO copying of the resources. Since it's all made by me, technically it's not stealing...
and poccil has help me script some of my things, that's why he's my scripter.

www.spriters-resource.com you get loads of game sprites from there

Last edited by gsorby; February 16th, 2010 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:43 AM
The_Virus21
Aquamarin Trainer

The Fightsequence Sprites are from Raptor i see.
Old February 16th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Poeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorby View Post
Whoa whoa! People, I didn't steal Raptor's script! I saw it and I thought it looked cool so I threw together my own script. I also made my own resources to make it look like it. It's all made by me, NO copying of the scripts and NO copying of the resources. Since it's all made by me, technically it's not stealing...
and poccil has help me script some of my things, that's why he's my scripter.

www.spriters-resource.com you get loads of game sprites from there
Is there any way you can prove this to us? Such as posting the script(with some needed lines removed to prevent usage)
or PMing it to OG?
Better safe than sorry
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
gsorby

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to gsorby Send a message via Skype™ to gsorby
Why haven't I got a reply? You can clearly see this script mas made by me.
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorby View Post
Why haven't I got a reply? You can clearly see this script mas made by me.
Yeah... no one's going to download a random file, why not just post it... the code tags are there for a reason.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Poeman

I checked both scripts, and I saw both the filenames/paths were the same which I find extremely peculiar, I stopped there but somethings a bit whaley here.
Old February 18th, 2010, 02:32 AM
gsorby

How can that be, I have just had to download Raptor to solve this madness. You lied because the file names for his graphics are battlesel1 battle sel2, etc. and mine says battlerun battle bag battlepokemon. etc. Why cant you just accept that I MADE IT?
Old February 18th, 2010, 02:42 AM
ANinyMouse

I for one am excited for this game, if only because I see you've added to the movepools of a few pokemon. In the end, I feel like a Pokemon game can have the prettiest graphics ever, but if the battles suck, it's just no fun.

So in that respect, I gotta give you some props. At least you're paying attention to the most important part of the game... the one that so many other games and hacks neglect!
Old February 18th, 2010, 02:51 AM
gsorby

Thanks for the good comment. At least you actually like MY battle system and you don't complain that I copied it. Thanks
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
I believe you that you made the script yourself. However, the end result is exactly the same as Raptor's; although you may not have directly stolen from Raptor, it makes your game seem unoriginal and 'rip-off' of Raptor. You seem to have enough scripting skill to make your own system; why can't you make your own design as well?
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:32 AM
gsorby

To be honest, I am really bad at making graphics. The only reason the current buttons look so good is because of luck really Usually they would look terrible. Maybe I'll speak to OG about it.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:14 AM
gsorby

OK I've finished the first gym. It looks more rocky now because it's a rock gym
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:45 PM
tnguye3
Very, very, very lazy spriter.

Story's alright, maybe you could add a team that worships the dark silhouette (darkrai i assume. ;p) and believe that all the people are succumbing to nightmares b/c darkrai's wish is for all trainers to fall into deep slumber for the team to steal all the pokemon and give it to darkrai as sacrifice so he could feast on more dreams? (just an idea)
Some more lore? Like you could make one up, cause Palkia and Dialga/Groundon and Kyogre/Reshiram and Zekrom had some interesting origins which give a little tint of mythology, so you could maybe add the origin of Darkrai -- altho that's a 50/50 idea as the whole point is that the silhouette is unknown soooo....lol. xD

Anyways i can't say much about the mapping etc. as i hven't seen much, but I can say that it's good to see battle animations in the battle system, as most rpg maker pokemon games neglect it, and, well, i love battle animations.
I suggest spicing them up as the animations arent really smooth and lack the "feel" of the impact, if you know what i mean.

Other than that, battle looks pretty solid. keep the good work up.
Old June 6th, 2011, 02:47 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Looks alright, the images seem to be badly compressed though, try using .PNG rather than .JPEG, it's a lossless format, so pictures will never degrade.
only good to use JPEG if you have a large image and want a smaller size, or if it's a real life picture(since you won't find solid colours, thus loss of colour isn't noticible)

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; June 6th, 2011 at 02:52 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here