The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Kevin's Avatar
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 15
Gender: Male

Advertise here
May I join also? It'd be cool to rejoin the alliance again from the social group.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #102    
Old June 3rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott's Avatar
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nowhere. Yet.
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
I need something like this! I'm a closeted MtoF transgender (for those creepers who really need to know,) and I'd be absolutely devastated if anyone found out; mostly because I'm not sure how they would handle it. And because I'm going through the later stages of...physical maturity, and my dad would say it's just a part of my "who am I?" phase.

In answer to all of the questions adressed previously:

What got you into supporting LGBT rights? Who/What was your inspiration to do so?

I would say that no one really "inspired" me, per se, just the fact that I'm someone who seeks equal rights and treatment for all, justice, etc. etc. But really got me into the supporting was when my mom brought home this gay/lesbian/general homosexuality documentary, and at the time I was twelve and I thought I was gay, and was actually thinking about coming out as gay to my mother. This should be saved for later, though. Anyway, after that we all (except my obnoxious brother) became avid LGB (no "T" at the time; I didn't really know anything about them) Rights supporters. And so.

Have you come out of the closet? If so, and if you feel comfortable enough here in this safe space, share your coming out story with us. How did your parents/friends take it? Describe the scenario.

I have not ever come out of the closet, not once. I actually have been thinking about it as a whole, though, recently, and I'm just bursting to tell someone (as I have now); instead, I'll tell you the story of how I came to identify as female, despite what was in my pants...

I was thirteen, and I had overheard the word "transgender" in a heated debate on television or whatever. Using my superior spelling skillz, I decoded the word as meaning "cross-gender," but looked up, anyway, on Google, "transgender."

I was shocked at what I found. I found something stating that a transgender youth may or may not be uncomfortable with various or all stages of puberty. That being read, I learned more, and found out that I was, in fact, a mildly gender-variant child earlier in life, always wanting to play with my cousins' Barbies and kitchen sets. Whenever I played "made-believe" as a younger child of about five to eight, I would always play from a female perspective and play a female-empowering woman right in front of everyone else. I was also always hovering over skirts and my mom's and cousins' hair, always wanting to comb it or put it up in a ponytail (I actually did live through my mom at one point while I was seven) and actually once prance around in my mom's shoes.


And then I could identify, on further analysis, with many...hints, for lack of a better word, and found that my gender identity differed from my physical sex. And so I came to identify myself as a Male to Female transgender.


Now ain't that a lovely li'l anecdote?


Have you ever been "gay bashed" or know anybody that has? What tips would you give to others to avoid that or to defend yourself?

Luckily, neither I nor any of my friends have been gay-bashed, because no one knows about my...condition, and because of the fact that my school is somewhat gay-friendly. And while acting gay is a popular joke among kids my age around town, I hardly ever partake for the sake of respect.

And if you or anyone around you is being gay-bashed, if it's verbal, I suggest to ignore it and, if that doesn't work, confront whoever and tell them that something to the effect that you are a person too, and that you have rights, and from your eyes, what they do is unfavorable. In a physical case, though, stand up for yourself and don't let them hurt you. Or, at least try. And, if all else fails, just go and tell an authority figure that you are being harassed; no need for the reason. Harassment is enough of an...immoral act, if you will?

And in regard to anyone who might need it, if you are being told you dong belong or shouldn't exist, or what you are is unnatural, if you believe in a God and if they believe in a God, then inquire, "Why, then, if I'm not meant to be here or am unnatural or undesirable, did God make me the way I am? And don't say He made a mistake, because He doesn't make mistakes." Or something to that effect.

I hope to be active here and to gain positive feedback, help, and just people like me to talk to. :3
__________________
Life on Earth is like a man's shadow; it is something to compare the reality to.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.

Last edited by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott; June 3rd, 2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: to change a question to an answer and an answer to an adress
Reply With Quote
  #103    
Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear's Avatar
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: That One Place
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I'd love to join this.

Personally, I'm homosexual. But not gay.

Probably a lot of you are quizzical about that last statement, so let me explain.

Back in the sort of beginning of the year, I was going through a large emotional struggle that was triggered (but wasn't the actual problem) by a crush with this quite amazing guy. Not only did depressed feelings rage in my soul, but so did jealousy and unjustified angst.
When this period of time was over, I started to truly dig into my opinions on the word "gay."

And I came to the conclusion, I'm not gay. I'm a homosexual. My sexuality has no effect on my true personality, and if anything, this was something I given as a gift to get me out of introverted phase of my freshmen year and make me more introspective. But now it's just the sex of my future husband. (Not partner, that's the most ridiculous title for a significant other just because you're the same sex in my opinion. But hey, if you like it, please, be my guess and use it.)

But how am I not gay but homosexual?
Homosexual is the actual sexuality.
Gay is a label.

Some people take pride and security with titles, but I'm not one of those people. I dislike very much to be categorized into some label rather than judged as a person for who I am.

Usually people realize very early that they're homosexual, and with that, they label themselves gay. But the ones who are insecure with the fact that their personalities are incomplete as teenagers can easily slip into the stereotype because it's an already made identity, and this gives them security, but they never acknowledge the personality that's the unique individual underneath afterwards. It restricts personality development and can lead to an identity crisis. Those who are naturally are more feminine (guy)/masculine (girl) are especially prone to this, because they think "oh, this is who I am!" when it's not.

I've seen the difference between naturally feminine guys and gay stereotype ones. It's quite staggering. It's like the difference between a naturally feminine girl and a stereotypical hyped-up cheerleader.

To me, the label doesn't fit me to the point where it was actually a hindrance and insulted my masculinity (I am naturally masculine, by the way. I'm also looking for an also masculine guy, if you were wondering.)
Why do I need this label?
So I choose not to use it. Simple as that.
And I felt so much more comfortable with myself and it helped me grow as a person.
I'm a homosexual, it's not even me, it's just who I like.
So why make it seem a huge part of who I am? I'm already comfortable with the fact.

So yeah, there's that summed up in a nutshell.
If you have questions or comments, don't hesitate.

But I have no problem with someone who likes using gay. If it makes you more comfortable like how not using it makes me comfortable.

And unless it's brought up or asked about, then why should I say it? It's not like it's important or anything.

But anyway, that's my spiel.
Now to the questions!

What got you into supporting LGBT rights? Who/What was your inspiration to do so?

Being homosexual, I guess. Equality for the win. Woo. My friend Claire was the inspiration at the time,
so I'd like to thank her for everything.
It's really a pity that's right now she's wrapped up in her own misery.

Have you come out of the closet? If so, and if you feel comfortable enough here in this safe space, share your coming out story with us. How did your parents/friends take it? Describe the scenario.

I suppose you can say I'm out of the closet. I'm honest about it, and hey, if you don't like it, whatever. Your insecurity isn't my problem. Bye.

The first time I admitted it to anyone was via text message to my best friend at the time, Claire. She immediately called me and supported me to the point where I almost drowned. She pushed me to join the GSA, which I did. In my history, saying "Hi, I'm [Name], and I'm a Freshman. And.... yeah, I'm pretty gay." (Even though that term doesn't apply anymore) was one of the best things I ever did; I was on the road to becoming who I aspire to be, that is, a better version of myself.

And that's how it got out for the first time. Yay.

Have you ever been "gay bashed" or know anybody that has? What tips would you give to others to avoid that or to defend yourself?

I know of plenty stories and things that happened to people in my GSA, but I'm confident that I can handle myself and be strong if I ever face it myself. I'm not going to die or get injured because someone didn't follow the golden rule "treat people the way you want to be treated" that we learned in bloody kindergarten.

You just got to stand up for yourself. That's all. And lifting weights help in case a bigot is really violent about it.
Yeah.

*cough*

Thanks for reading this wall of text :D

Last edited by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear; June 3rd, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #104    
Old June 4th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Well wow. Welcome, Destiny Demon, PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott and Kiyoshi the Polar Bear!

Kiyoshi, I agree with everything you say. Gay has always been a default term, a synonym, but I've never thought of it as a hindrance to someone being able to show their masculinity. One point I do have to make though, is that while homosexuality is only about who you like, not who you are, the gay label does grant us certain freedoms that homosexual may not. For instance, gay men are typically (and this is a generalisation so don't shoot me for it) more able to express love for others than straight men would be.

What I'm trying to say is that it's great that you have this great self-awareness about who you are, but in some instances it's good to let a little bit of the "gay" in . I'm also a masculine guy in real life ("straight-acting" if we're using labels), and I know that while I also prefer guys more toward the masculine end of the spectrum, I wouldn't want one so masculine that he'd feel uncomfortable saying he loved me.

That said, never has a wall of text made me feel so attracted to a person in my life.
/inappropriate

I think I'm going to regret making this post, but I don't know exactly why just yet lol
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat


Last edited by Sodom; June 4th, 2011 at 06:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #105    
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:04 AM
NurseBarbra's Avatar
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post
Big wall of text

...... Marry me?


You sir, are awesome. I shall award you with cookies.
Also:


Anyone else have "Gay Powers"?
Reply With Quote
  #107    
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM
NurseBarbra's Avatar
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
Welcome to all new members! Today is a busy news day!


Oh god...Must... resist...urge...to rant... Anyway, In celebration of LGBT Month, I finally got my dear sweet mother to let me attend the LGBT Pride Festival in Dublin this month~ 17th - 21st is gonna be a long weekend~
Reply With Quote
  #108    
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:07 PM
G.U.Y.'s Avatar
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
[/U]

Oh god...Must... resist...urge...to rant... Anyway, In celebration of LGBT Month, I finally got my dear sweet mother to let me attend the LGBT Pride Festival in Dublin this month~ 17th - 21st is gonna be a long weekend~
FFFFFFFFFF! You're Irish?

We need to find a way to have kids. Now.

I made a little comic regarding "No homo." If you've never seen rage comics before, you might not get the faces. :x

Spoiler:
__________________
♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Reply With Quote
  #109    
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hybrid Trainer's Avatar
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: «UK»
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
Spoiler:
This. This is now my new favorite comic ever.
__________________


"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Reply With Quote
  #110    
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
In relation to the first story posted.

Quote:
"What does flying the homosexual flag, or any other similar display, have to do with your central banking mission under the Federal Reserve Act passed by Congress?" writes Marshall, one of the General Assembly's most conservative members.
I think the real question to be asked is, why not? Does having the flag there hinder their ability to bank? No. So what's the problem, Mr. Conservative? I think the Fed needs to just ignore all this debate and keep the flag there as though there is no controversy going on at all. There is no better defense against bullies than pretending you don't hear them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post

...... Marry me?
Haha, so it wasn't just me, then?
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #111    
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM
NurseBarbra's Avatar
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
FFFFFFFFFF! You're Irish?

We need to find a way to have kids. Now.

Uhhh.. Ok? You mean you didn't know?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #112    
Old June 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott's Avatar
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nowhere. Yet.
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
Also:


Anyone else have "Gay Powers"?
Oh my G! This was just...unbelievable. I mean, I know it's fake, but even in a play, how can parents be that stupid, and totally turn a blind eye to what their child is saying about an important lifestyle?

And I guess you could say I have the "Gay Powers" they were ranting about; but they were utterly cornfused, thinking that homosexual people act like the stereotypical "gender role"(I put quotations around this because they are, in fact, inventions of the human mind), which isn't what being homosexual is, or even transgendered for that matter. I mean, basketball is out of the stereotypical norm for girls, and I like it. And my mommy over there ("Hi!") says I have an "eye for fashion," as if it's the most obvious thing about me.

Ah, well, some people are probably just stupid like that. Heck, I bet my mom thinks I'm gay from what I did when I was little and what skills I have and lack using two inventions of the human populus ("gay powers" and gender roles being these), and just the fact that I don't think that she's ever used, or even known, the word "transgender." Although, see, she does know how to appropriately use the term "drag queen," so I'm not so sure about that last one.

But I'm getting off topic. I'd better wrap this up with a little advice:

Look at my siggggggy! It works.

/rant
__________________
Life on Earth is like a man's shadow; it is something to compare the reality to.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.
Reply With Quote
  #113    
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:11 PM
NurseBarbra's Avatar
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott View Post
Look at my siggggggy! It works.
What If I don't like lemonade? I make life TAKE THE LEMONS BACK! I GET MAD! I DON'T WANT THE DAMN LEMONS WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE. I'LL DEMAND TO SEE LIFES MANAGER. LIFE WILL RUE THE DAY IT THOUGHT IT COULD GIVE NURSE BARBRA LEMONS! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM. I'M THE PERSON WHO'S GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS!!
/portal2 reference....
Reply With Quote
  #114    
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:27 PM
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott's Avatar
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nowhere. Yet.
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
I would think you might take it a little more seriously, but I almost peed my pants reading that! It's just as satisfactory.

My response, myself, to my signature's statements and questions would be, in respective order:

This means that life on Earth is just a trial, and the rest of your experiences will be something more real than what is now.

If I don't enjoy the lemonade, I would pour sugar in it in strife for it to be better! I sugar-coat e'rything as it is...

Ha~

They don't. HA~

Yes...who will argue with an idiot? An idiot?


EDIT: Sorry guys, got off topic. Uh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
Anyone else have "Gay Powers?"
__________________
Life on Earth is like a man's shadow; it is something to compare the reality to.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.

Last edited by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott; June 6th, 2011 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #115    
Old June 6th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear's Avatar
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: That One Place
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
COLOR COATED ORGANIZED RESPONSE TIME, EVERYONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu
Kiyoshi, I agree with everything you say. Gay has always been a default term, a synonym, but I've never thought of it as a hindrance to someone being able to show their masculinity. One point I do have to make though, is that while homosexuality is only about who you like, not who you are, the gay label does grant us certain freedoms that homosexual may not. For instance, gay men are typically (and this is a generalization so don't shoot me for it) more able to express love for others than straight men would be.

What I'm trying to say is that it's great that you have this great self-awareness about who you are, but in some instances it's good to let a little bit of the "gay" in :). I'm also a masculine guy in real life ("straight-acting" if we're using labels), and I know that while I also prefer guys more toward the masculine end of the spectrum, I wouldn't want one so masculine that he'd feel uncomfortable saying he loved me.

That said, never has a wall of text made me feel so attracted to a person in my life.
/inappropriate

I think I'm going to regret making this post, but I don't know exactly why just yet lol
I'm not quite sure I know exactly what you mean.
Not that I didn't grasp what you said, I'm just not sure of the concept.
I don't see how being "gay," rather than homosexual or heterosexual, allows one to feel more comfortable with expressing their love for someone else in any type relationship (familial, romantic, etc.)

If you could elaborate how this works in your opinion, that would be great for me to understand just exactly your point is. :D

If someone feels uncomfortable saying they love someone, whether it's a homosexual or heterosexual relationship, I don't think that's a problem of being über masculine; that's more of a problem of being insecure or fear of commitment.

However, if it is a problem because he thinks saying "I love you" is emasculating, he's a moron who thinks every little thing threatens his masculinity and you should dump him anyway, simply put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra
...... Marry me?

You sir, are awesome. I shall award you with cookies.

Anyone else have "Gay Powers"?
Oh yay! I do enjoy cookies.

Gay Powers?
People tell me I can pull off a lot of different clothes and look great, so if you consider that a "gay power," then yes, I guess I do.
If being a wise-cracking prick is one too, then call me supergayman.
Reply With Quote
  #116    
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:43 AM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
I'd like to comment on the whole masculine thingy.

In Hispanic and Black homosexual male culture (especially among youth), being effeminate makes you somewhat of a pariah. Being masculine to the point where you are considered passable as heterosexual is considered golden. I think this stems from the whole DL thing where closeted men might be married to a woman and have children, but have secret relationships with other men on the "down-low". Thus, being able to pass as straight is needed so that no suspicion is drawn when the two are seen in public. Even for those who aren't hiding their sexuality, it seems like its been ingrained in their psychology due to when they might have been doing the same thing in the past.

Being of Hispanic heritage myself, I know what I'm talking about. I had a friend who discovered that her boyfriend was cheating on her. All hell broke loose when she also discovered that he was cheating on her with a guy. She's not homophobic, but slurs were used by her because she was literally in shock.

Last edited by FreakyLocz14; June 6th, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #117    
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear's Avatar
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: That One Place
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14
In Hispanic and Black homosexual male culture (especially among youth), being effeminate makes you somewhat of a pariah. Being masculine to the point where you are considered passable as heterosexual is considered golden. I think this stems from the whole DL thing where closeted men might be married to a woman and have children, but have secret relationships with other men on the "down-low". Thus, being able to pass as straight is needed so that no suspicion is drawn when the two are seen in public. Even for those who aren't hiding their sexuality, it seems like its been ingrained in their psychology due to when they might have been doing the same thing in the past.

Being or Hispanic heritage myself, I know what I'm talking about. I had a friend who discovered that her boyfriend was cheating on her. All hell broke loose when she also discovered that he was cheating on her with a guy. She's not homophobic, but slurs were used by her because she was literally in shock.
I believe the concept you’re talking about is Cultural Machismo.

But what I was saying was, my masculinity was being subconsciously threatened by the stereotype that was associated with the term "gay." It was "in all honesty" type of comment.
Which doesn't really relate to what you just said, but you do bring up an interesting topic of your own.

Personally, I think it's awful and selfish when somebody lives on the "down-low."
Why?
Because think about it; A guy/girl can't accept themselves to the point where they lie not only to themselves, but the other people, bringing them into the lie. They get married to a member of the opposite sex, making their life a lie, too. Then they have kids, and their existence is a lie to.
So just because you can't accept yourself, you make other peoples' lives a huge bundle of lies?

That's quite awful. And pretty unforgivable.
Reply With Quote
  #118    
Old June 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM
G.U.Y.'s Avatar
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
I am not going to comment on the whole masculinity thing lol. However I will say, I like a mix. I don't like only manly, or only feminine. I like them to be like me, a mix of both!

I made a comic about relationships..well, mine. Again, you probably wont understand the faces if you don't read rage comics.

Warning: Contains vulgar writing.

I'll update the list and news later.
__________________
♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Reply With Quote
  #119    
Old June 6th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Sodom's Avatar
Sodom
with a capital Y.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post

I'm not quite sure I know exactly what you mean.
Not that I didn't grasp what you said, I'm just not sure of the concept.
I don't see how being "gay," rather than homosexual or heterosexual, allows one to feel more comfortable with expressing their love for someone else in any type relationship (familial, romantic, etc.)
Well, I was sort of expanding on your concept that the term 'gay' is a hindrance to masculinity (therefore being stereotypically feminine), and that you don't see yourself as 'gay'. Displays of affection are typically seen as feminine (in my experience, anyway) so many men aren't comfortable partaking. That's what I mean by 'letting some of the "gay" in'

Quote:
However, if it is a problem because he thinks saying "I love you" is emasculating, he's a moron who thinks every little thing threatens his masculinity and you should dump him anyway, simply put.
I quite agree, but still lol

Also, Nurse Barbra and I both hit on you and you don't acknowledge it? Are we not pretty enough?
__________________

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Reply With Quote
  #120    
Old June 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott's Avatar
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nowhere. Yet.
Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant
Oh, oh, oh, your comic was just...AWESOMELY HILARIOUS. LURVZ IT. DO MORE.

Oh, and, uh...

I came out today. To my parents. They received it very well. I wrote a note to my mom, upon my request she called my dad, and on his way there, my mom and I talked and I explained. My dad took me to Dairy Queen and got me ice cream, and we talked about it too. I was comfortable. We talked as a family (my little bro was at Camp Fitch, THANK GOD) and then my Dad went to go tell my stepmom at their house. My mom told her boyfriend over the phone, and he said that it didn't matter who I was inside. He didn't think any different of me.

I am sooooo relieved that all of the major people who need to know know now, and that they all understand. I have a meeting with the nearest professional, and we'll go from there. My parents are cutting me off whenever I say I'm sure, but we're on hypos like "if we start hormones..." and "I'll pay for this, she'll pay for that..." and all of it. I'm a lot happier NOW. I have to wait until this is all over and see how THAT feels!

/wall of text that bores you but is the best thing I've ever written

I'm happy. :3
__________________
Life on Earth is like a man's shadow; it is something to compare the reality to.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.
Reply With Quote
  #121    
Old June 6th, 2011, 03:56 PM
NurseBarbra's Avatar
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott View Post
Wall'o'texts
Congratz~


I say we celebrate with a party!... GROUP HUG!!
Reply With Quote
  #122    
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Hybrid Trainer's Avatar
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: «UK»
Age: 20
Gender: Male


Thats awesome that everyone took it all so well :D i love the idea of the note btw x]
__________________


"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Reply With Quote
  #123    
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM
NurseBarbra's Avatar
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post
Scary kitty
That's the most scariest f'ing kitty ever.
Reply With Quote
  #124    
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Hybrid Trainer's Avatar
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: «UK»
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
That's the most scariest f'ing kitty ever.
It was either that or some weird tellitubby things jumping up and down, and i think that could've been a bit insensitive xD
__________________


"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Reply With Quote
  #125    
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott View Post
Oh, oh, oh, your comic was just...AWESOMELY HILARIOUS. LURVZ IT. DO MORE.

Oh, and, uh...

I came out today. To my parents. They received it very well. I wrote a note to my mom, upon my request she called my dad, and on his way there, my mom and I talked and I explained. My dad took me to Dairy Queen and got me ice cream, and we talked about it too. I was comfortable. We talked as a family (my little bro was at Camp Fitch, THANK GOD) and then my Dad went to go tell my stepmom at their house. My mom told her boyfriend over the phone, and he said that it didn't matter who I was inside. He didn't think any different of me.

I am sooooo relieved that all of the major people who need to know know now, and that they all understand. I have a meeting with the nearest professional, and we'll go from there. My parents are cutting me off whenever I say I'm sure, but we're on hypos like "if we start hormones..." and "I'll pay for this, she'll pay for that..." and all of it. I'm a lot happier NOW. I have to wait until this is all over and see how THAT feels!

/wall of text that bores you but is the best thing I've ever written

I'm happy. :3
That's great!
I thought I'd just comment to say I'm happy for you!
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.