• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea/WIP][RMXP] Pokémon Tin/Steel Versions

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
I had this Idea for about 2 years now. Now that I had a bit of practice on RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials, I can now put this idea to work.

Title: Pokémon Tin/Steel Versions

Developed with: RPG Maker XP (With Pokemon Essentials by poccil)

Storyline (please excuse any similarities to the official games): You are a 16 year-old kid. You've just received a gift from the professor, your trainer card and an invitation to the lab for an orientation. So you decided to go. You soon meet up with your friends from town, Jessie and Tom. Soon after you receive your first Pokémon you decided to go out on a journey. But when everything seemed to go right, an evil organization that goes by the name "Team Universe" drops by and takes away the professor. So you, Tom, and Jessie decide to go rescue the professor, and along the way, fulfill your dreams, and become stronger both as friend and as trainers.

Region: Kansil (Based off of the actual region: Kansai)

# of new Pokémon (Fakemon): 251 (Bringing the number to 900)

# of Badges: 16

New Features: New cell phone (Based off of the XTransceiver)

MP3 Player (also you can download music off of the music store)

Pokemon Contests

In-game Mystery Gifts (Codes will be given out each week on the website (witch will be up soon)

New battle looks

New Moves

New Pokedex look

Lottery

Screenies
http://pokefangamesinc.deviantart.com/#/d3knn0n
http://pokefangamesinc.deviantart.com/#/d3knnj4

http://pokefangamesinc.deviantart.com/#/d3knobw

http://pokefangamesinc.deviantart.com/#/d3knoo8

I hope to get everything done, but if anybody wants to 'donate' a fakemon, please PM me with the following info:

Name=

Kind=

Pokedex=

Type1=

Type2=

BaseStats=

BaseEXP=

Happiness=

StepsToHatch=

Color=

EffortPoints=

Abilities=

Height=

Weight=

GenderRate=

Moves=

Evolutions=

Note: for information on how to fill out this information, please refer to the notes.html in pokemon essentials. And a picture would be nice.

So I hope you support me in this, I'm hopeing to release some screenies and/or a demo as soon as I can.

PS If I'm breaking any of the rules, please warn me so I can fix my errors.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The idea is good pretty generic. I think i've seen the kidnapped professor idea used a couple times but never actually got finished.
And you should upload some screenshots.
Also ... I don't think people will "donate" a Fakemon. There is a thread on this forum called 'PokecommunityDex' I think it's called where there are tons of fakemon free to use :P
Jus give credit i suppose.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Thanks for the info. I've borrowed the kidnapped professer idea from Pokemon DX: Gale of Darkness. unfortonetly, I don't have any screenshots to show at the moment, but I hopeing to have some soon.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Lemme see..
Thanks for the info. I've borrowed the kidnapped professer idea from Pokemon DX: Gale of Darkness. unfortonetly, I don't have any screenshots to show at the moment, but I hopeing to have some soon.

The game is called Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.
If we saw screenies, we will rate the game.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
The spellings and the grammar! The only thing here is the storyline, which is not very impressive -_-

And your sig, I honestly think you should work on one project or two, especially if you only put as much thought into them, as you put in this one.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
I know the storyline isn't that great, I kind of made it a mix of different games (storyline: black/white, firered/leafgreen,pokemon xd. region size and badge number: gold/silver). so I hope if this thread continues to stay open, I'll have some screenies by tonight or tomarrow. and as for the number of games I'm makeing, It's because most of them are remakes of the officail games and all of them are going to be able to trade with one another via a single server. this way it IS possable to catch every single Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
I know the storyline isn't that great, I kind of made it a mix of different games (storyline: black/white, firered/leafgreen,pokemon xd. region size and badge number: gold/silver). so I hope if this thread continues to stay open, I'll have some screenies by tonight or tomarrow. and as for the number of games I'm makeing, It's because most of them are remakes of the officail games and all of them are going to be able to trade with one another via a single server. this way it IS possable to catch every single Pokemon.

Few things, I would consider your story at the moment a "base" from which to work with. I have no problem with a story/game incorporating other elements from other games but the similarities should be minuscule IMO. Try writing down a list of things you wish Pokemon games had when you played them, or things you just find interesting. Make your game unique to you and not just a conglomerate of different games/stories. Even if your game is a remake, you can still make it unique with the right mindset and attitude.

Second, I don't really see the point of having two versions of the same game when it comes to fan games. Yeah, the official games do this but I see no point. Also, it's hard enough to finish just one game but 2? I say start off with one and if that goes over well then make a sequel or something.

Lastly, proper grammar is essential. There are some threads on this forum that talk about what in fan games annoy people the most and one of the most talked about things is proper grammar. This includes not only the game but also your posts. Make them look professional and nice. It only takes a minute or less to spell check (I mean that's what it's there for...) and you will get more constructive comments on the game itself rather than "you have bad grammar, fix it."

Grey Metagross

B/W e4 music for the win.
Years
Looks like a cool game. Also Yagerbomb- do you know where I could find said dex? I've searched and all that came up was this thread for mentioning it... thanks!

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Some screenies have been uploaded, please check it ou in the first post (a.k.a. the top)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Here's an idea.
When making screenshots. Make sure it's of your game. Not what Poké Essentials can already do for you.
It kinda shows you havent done anything. Execpt the battle screen looks ... kinda bad :/ Did u change it?

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Yes, graphically so far. The new trainer card layout is still a work in progress but screenshots of that will be up soon. and as for the rest of the mentioned features, they'll come in due time. and one thing about the battle system, I'll post an update when I get better graphics and text boxes. sorry for any disappointment.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Hey everyone. I know it's been a long time since I last updated so I like to give you guys a quick update. I've slowed down on my development for this game and decided to think over how am I going to involve some of the features into the storyline and put it into a GDD format (Game Design Document). So if anyone would like to see a feature put into this game, just let me know and I'll see if I could put it in. If not I'll put it into a different game. and on an other note, I'm going to start up my Pokémon fire red and leaf green remakes, so be on the look out for that thread. well that's it for my update, and I hope to have some more news soon.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Well, here's an update: I recently gotten permission from one of my friends to use her fakemon. as soon as I input them into my pokedex I'll post an update showing their entrees.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Can you please use a different text color other than pink? It hurts my eyes to read through it.

And... Wow. 251 Fakemon. I strongly suggest you trim that number down (way down, to be exact), just for the sake of getting your project done. I am working on a project with Fakemon myself, and the time it takes to not only design each individual mon (making sure it actually fits into the world of the franchise, as well), but to come up with stats, movepool, technical stuff as well as testing it to see if any aspect of those attributes are favorable is time-consuming.

When developing any game independently, you have to realize that you are not going to make anything large-scale, unless you are willing to spend YEARS making your project, and by that time will people still be interested? The key here is to plan out how exactly you are getting from point-A to point-B, and really, your game still has a chance of being good without too many features. Take Pokemon Raptor, for example. That project used the bare-minimum of Essential's capabilities and was still a fun game to play.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
thanks Ratty257 for still believing in my project. sorry about the pink, it turned that way when the interface changed months back. And I never worked on this in about a month due to my college course. but ya, when I came up with this idea, I thought big, long game play, new features, and it looked great on paper, but I think it's still doable, it's just the fact of getting the tiles and battle sprites together, that's what I think is the hardest part.

pokefangames

Sinor Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
Hey everyone! I've created a new account so my old one (triggerhappymonk) is now "dead" but if anyone still wants me to continue with Pokemon Tin/Steel, let me know

Back