The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBarbra View Post
Don't I get a say in this relationship? Why can't we just have a 3-way?

Yes well, This is just gonna be a rant post.
Spoiler:
Today (and for the past few days) I've had Summer Exams, And recently I've been getting "verbally bullied" by some.... neanderthals.. (not that I care about what they say), And have been forced to take action as they have progressed to near physical bullying (E.g Saying "I'll stab your neck" while holding pens and pencils), I've taken up a case with the schools board about the amount of bullying that not just I, but a number of LGBT students have been faced with lately (It's not just my year group apparently... :/ ), And so far it's going well. I could of just decided to break each and every bone in their bodies, But legal matters trimuph once again.
half of all your stuff please
So yeah, Anyone want to hear my argument for the school board?

Only real reason I'm ranting is because Portal2 decided not to work on my PC anymore, No matter how many times I reinstall Steam...
In my eyes, it would be perfectly acceptable (and in some places, legal) for you to use physical force to defend yourself.
Old June 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
In my eyes, it would be perfectly acceptable (and in some places, legal) for you to use physical force to defend yourself.
Well there in lies the problem. While physical force WOULD solve this problem, It would only solve it for me for a short while, They'd still try and spook out other people, And what about when I eventually leave the school? Wouldn't future LGBT students have the same problem, just with different culprits? At least if I go to the school board, they can enforce it even after I leave school, which would be better in the long run. (even though I'd love to break some of their arms and legs.)
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:07 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well there in lies the problem. While physical force WOULD solve this problem, It would only solve it for me for a short while, They'd still try and spook out other people, And what about when I eventually leave the school? Wouldn't future LGBT students have the same problem, just with different culprits? At least if I go to the school board, they can enforce it even after I leave school, which would be better in the long run. (even though I'd love to break some of their arms and legs.)
In some places, self-defense law allows you to use force to protect others, as well.
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Yes, Nurse Barbra, lets hear the argument in full! Though I think some physical pain might have been the order of the day as well - if I had martial arts skills it's what I would do. But I digress...

Point is, lets hear the argument :D

EDIT: LOL I must not have seen Page 7 when I posted this. Oh dear, don't mind me. I'm having a senior moment.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.

Last edited by Katholic Nun; June 10th, 2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
One of the final votes that the Associated Students Senate Democrats having been pushing at my university before they slip even further into the minority (current: Senate: 13 R, 12 D; House: 52 D, 49 R; Democrats will lose 2 House seats on July 1) was a bill that passed the House and was voted on by the Senate. At the Republican Caucus meeting, I tried to solicit some GOP Senators to break with the party on a bill that would allow trans students to change their sex on school documents without having had gone through a sex change operation. There were 2 Democrats (the one for black students and the one for Muslim students) that were opposing the bill. That meant that I needed to sway at least one of my party members.

Final Vote:
14 Yeas, 11 Nays
Yeas: 10/12 Democrats, 4/13 Republicans
Nays: 2/12 Democrats, 9/13 Republicans

April House Vote:
56 Yeas, 45 Nays
Yeas: 44/52 Democrats, 12/49 Republicans
Nays: 8/52 Democrats, 37/49 Republicans

The AS President signed the bill the within an hour of the vote.

Trans students must still use the restrooms that correspond to their birth sexes. A bill that pass a year ago when the Democrats controlled all of the AS was vetoed by the President. The same bill passed the House 51-50, but died in the Senate.
Freaky, as much as I have a lot of differences with you I'm really grateful for the things you do. Especially things like this. It made me smile.

But it also reminds me how lucky I was that my college was so open about a lot of things. It had a GLTBQetc. center and everything. Sometimes it doesn't really hit home how even after high school there are a lot of problems even where people ought to feel accepted like in school.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Freaky, as much as I have a lot of differences with you I'm really grateful for the things you do. Especially things like this. It made me smile.

But it also reminds me how lucky I was that my college was so open about a lot of things. It had a GLTBQetc. center and everything. Sometimes it doesn't really hit home how even after high school there are a lot of problems even where people ought to feel accepted like in school.
We'd surely differ on our opinions on the gun bill that's being considered. My school is in a rural California county. Being in a rural area that has always gone for Republicans in every recent national and statewide election (and also overwhelmingly supported Proposition 8), getting these things done is harder. Most students don't harass or attack LGBT people, but they do have more traditional beliefs on marriage. Also, trans people are accepted less than homosexuals and bisexuals. There was an bashing attack this school year, though.

We have a Log Cabin Republicans chapter that tries to knock out incumbent GOP members in the primaries. I'm the GSA Senator, so I also chair the AS LGBT Committee, and the Log Cabin Republicans wing of the AS GOP.
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
EDIT: LOL I must not have seen Page 7 when I posted this. Oh dear, don't mind me. I'm having a senior moment.
It's okay grandpa, you just go rest. LOL
Old June 11th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Renii
Se(Renii)ty

Hey! I'm a bisexual person and I would like to join this club =)

EDIT: Lol =)

Last edited by Renii; June 11th, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old June 11th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Katholic Nun

Quote:
It's okay grandpa, you just go rest. LOL
LOL. Oh dear, that was embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renii View Post
Hey! I'm a bisexual guy and I would like to join this club =)
Hello Renii! Welcome! If you want to go back through the pages and find some of the questions written in bold and answer them for us, we'd love to hear what you have to say!

Now, I'm putting this bigger so that everybody will see it, because I am an attention wh... seeker. For those of you who haven't seen it already, this morning I posted a blog about being gay that I hope you guys will be kind enough to read and comment on . It is a tl;dr, as my blogs always are, but I've tried to make it funny and read-worthy so you don't notice that so much XD

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old June 11th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Renii
Se(Renii)ty

Shining Raichu!!!!!! Thanks for the welcome. I already commented on your blog.

How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?
I get offended, and I bash them. (I usually don't argue or hit people.) Not that it happens very often. I know many homophobes, most of them try to keep their opinions to themselves when they're around me. Quite often, the homosexual people in consideration do deserve the making fun part: I mean, so many times, this friend of mine tells me that some random stranger tried to feel his "parts" in a public place. He is straight, therefore he is offended. It happens to me too.

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?
IMO, things like religion are just excuses for the homophobia. I live in India, where majority of the people are Hindus and Muslims. As far as Hinduism is concerned, I don't think it talks about homosexuality at all, and still my country is so conservative. It is so hard for people to come out, or even discuss homosexuality seriously.
"People hate/fear what they don't understand."
Old June 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM
World King
Legendary Twilight Master

Location: Used to be on Planet Kenohra; before it vanished for good...
Send a message via AIM to World King Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to World King Send a message via Yahoo to World King Send a message via Skype™ to World King
Where are the social groups?! D=

I just got back to PC after a while, and saw the news about them. Glad to have found this one, once again. So I would like to join up, as the ally I've always been with you people, and as the asexual I am. Acceptance of all people FTW! =D

Leon K. Markowitz

Darkness is strength; symbolizes power
Light is wisdom; represents knowledge
Their combined divinity shall create
The sacred magnificence of Twilight
(Friend Code for Black2)

Last Kingston Alive

Lonely, cold-hearted Twilight Master
On a lifetime journey to fulfill my destiny

To reshape this forgotten, pitiful world
and restore the utopic balance it has long lost
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~

Raichu, it was awesome, and I read the whole thing; but yesterday! Heh...heh...heh...

But from what I remember, there was only awesome. :D

EDIT: At the..."doctor's." Turns out it's my elementary school guidance councillor, whom I was very familiar with due to parental divorce issues.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.

Last edited by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott; June 13th, 2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old June 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott View Post
REDIT: At the..."doctor's." Turns out it's my elementary school guidance councillor, whom I was very familiar with due to parental divorce issues.
My councillor was annoying. I had to go because I spoke out in class and thumped some.... idiot (can't say some "insert swears here").. and knocked him out. I've had quite the emotional outbursts over the last 3 years....
Old June 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Green~

Ah...well, I wasn't very violent as a kid, but it kinda started when I had this one outburst in first grade, when this girl didn't believe in Santa Clause (said as if I do, but I don't) and I slammed my fist on the table and screamed, "MY DAD ISN'T SANTA CLAUSE!" But that was when I was really autistic. I grew out of it.

Buuuuuut, anyway, being stuck in a stupid guy's body (not that there's anything wrong with guys) is sooooo stressful. And people are disgusted by people like me, but it's not wrong; it's just like guys in guy bodies and girls in girl bodies, except our bodies differ from us as people.

I hate labels.

The saying "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade" means to make the best of what you have; but what if you don't enjoy lemonade?

The only way to achieve true bliss is to die; if moms knew this, we'd be short 50% of the female population.

If two electric trains are running on two different planes of reality, and those two planes merge, how would one find out about the other before the crash?

And, in closing, if one squabbles with a true fool, after a while, he will begin to question who the real fool is.
Old June 13th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Katholic Nun

Welcome, World King! And welcome back to PC too! If you want to go back and find some of the bold questions posted throughout the pages and answer them like Renii did, that would be great it helps everyone get to know you as a person/ally/asexual XD

And thank you so much PIW :D

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Renii
Se(Renii)ty

I was wondering something.

How do you deal with crushes on straight people?
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
I assume you deal with it the same way you deal with liking someone that doesn't like you back...which...yeah, I have yet to figure that one out myself. Anyone else wanna chime in? :D /not helpful

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Renii
Se(Renii)ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I assume you deal with it the same way you deal with liking someone that doesn't like you back...which...yeah, I have yet to figure that one out myself. Anyone else wanna chime in? :D /not helpful
That is interesting. =P

But you don't creep the said person out... or am I just so scared?
Sometimes I feel I haven't been able to accept my homosexuality myself properly; not knowing any other gay person does not help
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:06 AM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

My relationships have been all disasters until recently... and I mean RECENTLY.
Care to have an educated discussion?
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Merzbau
it's just a ride.

Send a message via AIM to Merzbau Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Merzbau
I say that relationships are suck. I haven't been in one since November (ended on my birthday, actually), and I haven't found anyone I'd even remotely want to date. So, I think that's good. My standards are getting a lot higher.

If things don't go right... in my experience, you could just cause a bunch of property damage to their kitchen with a hatchet.

Wait, sorry, that was my advice to Carrie Nation, not to queers with relationship struggles.

If things don't go right... or if they're straight... SCREAM!
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

Quote:
Start crushing on someone else! :D
If it's just a crush you'll get over it, you just need to find something/someone to take your mind of said person.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I'm pretty much asexual, so I guess I'll join.

I've had crushes on about 50+ people, though never felt anything sexual. I pretty much a real oddball in my school. Though many people classify me as gay because they think being asexual doesn't make sense. But yeah, it's nothing serious or nothing. There are some pretty amazing people in this thread too, with some great stories.

/I give free hugs btw. I'm a hugable person. Even for me reason. I enjoy teletubbie hugs the best. You all should try one.. [/pffttt...]

Old June 14th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Renii
Se(Renii)ty

I hope I'll be over him soon.

Tbh, most of my relationships have sucked a lot, don't have much to say about that.

@Mew~: *Huggles* :D
To tell you the truth, I haven't ever felt sexually attracted to any person.
Not that I'm trying to tell you that you aren't asexual, because you always know in your heart who you are and where you belong =)

And the song, "Take me or Leave me," I love it too. [/offtopic]
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

After that one big crush on a hetereosexual guy that sent me into the gutter a for a period of time, I don't develop crushes anymore.

I feel attraction, but unless I know everything can work out, I don't emotionally attached.

But hey, whatever! More friends for me if they turn out to be into girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
I'm pretty much asexual, so I guess I'll join.

I've had crushes on about 50+ people, though never felt anything sexual. I pretty much a real oddball in my school. Though many people classify me as gay because they think being asexual doesn't make sense. But yeah, it's nothing serious or nothing. There are some pretty amazing people in this thread too, with some great stories.

/I give free hugs btw. I'm a hugable person. Even for me reason. I enjoy teletubbie hugs the best. You all should try one.. [/pffttt...]
Crushes on people?
What's it like for an asexual to have a crush?

Sorry, but, honestly, I'm unsure of how asexuality functions as a whole- I haven't had that much experience with it.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Katholic Nun

Quote:

It depends on the straight person. I've crushed on a few straight guys who sorta figured it out with me saying it, and then they used it to banter with me and joke-flirt with me, which helped get them out of my system, even though it did make me like them more as friends. Some of them still give me banter about it, which is awesome lol

But I'm lucky, I doubt very much all straight guys would feel that way. Generally if you have a crush on someone who's straight, don't ever tell them because it could make things incredibly awkward between you. As Hybrid Trainer said, if it's just a crush find someone else to crush on lol

EDIT: Oh, and welcome Mew~!

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR

Last edited by Katholic Nun; June 14th, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links