The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 12th, 2011 (03:57 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Video Game Competitions- Do You take Part?

You occasionally come across flyers or advertisements for game tourneys or for competitions in game stores like Gamestop, Play N' Trade, or EB Games. Do you ever take part in these competitions or do you say, "Nah, I don't stand a chance!"

I don't do the competitions. I don't have the systems or the games that most of the competitions require, like PS3 or a 360. And I wouldn't get one just to compete.

Credits to Captain Fabio for Thread layout

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old May 12th, 2011 (05:14 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
I don't stand a chance. Therefore, I do not partake in official competitions. Simple as that.
Old May 23rd, 2011 (01:25 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I'm not very competitive when it comes to video games. I tend to suck at multiplayer games more often than not. So I avoid competitions. :( The only one I can think of is a Katamari tournament I entered and won at an anime con quite a few years ago. I don't even remember how this worked, really. I just remember beating some guy in the VS in the final match who wouldn't shut up about how good he was at Katamari and I'd never actually played VS in my life. :P

My brother goes to them sometimes. He won a Guitar Hero competition (and got some pretty good prizes for it) at a Video Games Live concert earlier this month. And he's been to some other ones at his high school and whatnot. But it's not my thing so I leave it to him to be the competitive one. XD;

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old May 23rd, 2011 (06:12 PM).
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
I don't really go cause the type of stuff I play, has no competition for most part as they aren't pvp in nature XD also I just don't spend the same level of dedication and time that is required of a tourney.

It's much more fun watching e-sports for me in comparison to participating in e-sports.
Old May 23rd, 2011 (11:06 PM).
Azure Rathalδs
tumblr famous doesn't count
Community Supporter

Ei don't go to them as where Ei live they almost have no competitions.
Old May 24th, 2011 (02:17 AM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Next to no competitions to go to where I live but if I had the chance I would love to go to some.
Old May 24th, 2011 (12:06 PM).
Kenpokid
Hee-ho!

Nature: Adamant
Unfortinately, I don't think they let people under 18 into the FPS compititions, and that's really all there is near me at the local GameStops.
The only reason I don't participate is because I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane250
I really think the [ROBLOX] admins are not satisfied with breaking the game, they intend to break reality itself.
Old June 2nd, 2011 (07:02 PM).
Xetharo
The Illustrious Mew

Nature: Lax
If i didn't live in the middle of nowhere I'd compete like crazy...i think i'm rather good and i've won some competitions at my school in games like CoD, Super Smash Bros, and Halo, but I've never actually tried my hand at a big sponsored challenge but I'm stoked to try my hand when i move to a bigger city here in a month

Double Battle Team:
Black FC: 3525 1492 9194
Old June 2nd, 2011 (07:14 PM).
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
This is basically how I think when it comes to these:
"Ooh, a competition! Nah, there's always someone better than me."
And if I really suck at a game and whatnot:
"God, I suck at these games. I must be the most horrible player out there! Nah, there's always someone worse than me."

So that's how I think. That there's always someone better than me at everything, or in some cases, worse. Obviously, I won't waste my time in entering.
Old June 3rd, 2011 (10:22 PM).
razzbat
dancer

Nature: Quiet
whenever i go to a convention i usually enter the brawl competition if there is one. although i usually get my ass whipped, its fun and gives me another thing to do while i am there. recently i've been into alot of 2d fighters so if i see a competition next time i will probably enter it.

raspberrybat
BLACK FC: 0132 0783 1389
SOUL SILVER FC: 5414 0665 8930

Old June 6th, 2011 (04:34 PM).
eightbit
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
I only play PC these days, but I'd sign up if I came across something for a game I actually play. I'm not fantastic, but I like competition for competition's sake. It's good fun, and I might pick up a new trick or two.
Old June 6th, 2011 (11:33 PM).
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
Nah, I suck at playing multiplayer. I'd definetely lose in the first round, or I might get lucky... and still lose in the first round. :U

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old June 7th, 2011 (11:28 PM).
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
I've never taken part in one. I've seen a few around here but still I've never played in a competition. It's not because "Oh I can't win" if it's a game like CoD then I know I can win. It's that I don't have the time nor do I care enough to take part in them.

That and if I start getting pissed at them then they're right there close to me so I might say something I shouldn't. XD

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old June 8th, 2011 (02:38 PM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Like those Video Game Championships for Pokemon? I don't stand a chance at anything... So no I don't participate in those.
Old June 10th, 2011 (11:51 AM).
TheAppleFreak
If it works, make it better.

Nature: Lax
I like entering in tournaments (especially free ones), but 9/10 times I get my butt handed to me on a silver plattern after the first or second round. I've won a few small tournaments that me and my friends held, but nothing big.

Sometimes the fun doesn't come from the playing, but rather from getting to know the fans who attend. For a soon-to-be 17 year old guy who's never had a girlfriend, seeing female fans of a game that I like gives me hope for the future. #foreveralone

blind engy modding isn't up yet
Old June 10th, 2011 (12:06 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Tournaments aren't my style.
Too serious, and most games require too much work to stand a chance at winning one.
I can have a lot more fun just by playing the game normally.

Sponsored Links