• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

As far as the animations, I didn't make very many. Mainly... Ember, Water Gun, Razor Leaf, Leaf Twirl , Thunder, Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Karate Chop, Absorb, Gust, Low Kick, Smokescreen, Confuse Ray, and i think that's it...
I plan on making more for the next demo, sorry!

Atomic Reactor

Did you follow the link from the first post? Cause I tries to see if it worked... and appatently it still linked to Megaupload... ugh.

try this..
https://rapidshare.com/files/2464755461/Pok__mon_Obsidian_Demo.exe

Oh, and btw, I just tried editting the main post.... and somehow deleted every fricken thing on there OMG!!! So yeah.... i'll be editing the fricken main post later. GRAGGGGHH!!

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Man i Opened Rapid Download Web Page in the morning when i saw Demo was out, waited for 5 minutes, and then i forgot all about it after some time! Finally i download at night *phew* I love the Game.
EDIT
I finished the DEMO got one badge and when i got in boat it ended!
Proof
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Team:
Nidorina(lvl18)
Water Starter(forgot name :P) (lvl11)
Mankey (lvl11)
The Forest was the hard thingy i caught the nidorina in the event.
It was easy to level up my pokemon since they were hard trainers. ( I hate boring leveled down trainers)
EDIT: i received bulbasaur from Gym leaders mom!

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Glad you finished the demo man. In the next release, I will have reduced the levels of your opponents so it's more like the real games.
As of now, here is a preview of Pineroot City, home of the 2nd gym!
1.png

Comments, questions?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Glad you finished the demo man. In the next release, I will have reduced the levels of your opponents so it's more like the real games.
As of now, here is a preview of Pineroot City, home of the 2nd gym!
1.png

Comments, questions?

Cool, i love the tiles (they really match) i like the recolour of the fire-red's footpath.
But there is free space in-between :\ try adding a little more npc's or sumthing
BTW can we continue with previous saved file???
I cant wait for Next demo. :P

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

I'm not 100% sure if you will be able to continure or not... But i believe you can haha.
Here's some screens from what i've been working on lately!

Untitled3.png

Years
Watcha mean continue? the game?
Nice screenies :) shows theres a lot of events in this game, and not just the boring old catch Pokemon train and win.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Man I'm totally loving your new updates. The next beta looks like it's gonna be awesome. Those battle BG's are really cool, I love the style you're going with on them. The cave looks really interesting, and the screens look super. However, I would recommend going with some new water, I always thought those sea tiles by Alistair looked a little too flat.

At any rate, loving the general style dude, keep it going.

Atomic Reactor

Yeah, as much as I love alistairs tiles, i do really wanna find new water haha.
Thanks for the comments guys, i really appreciate any comments and crit i can get haha. (which is very little XD)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yeah, as much as I love alistairs tiles, i do really wanna find new water haha.
Thanks for the comments guys, i really appreciate any comments and crit i can get haha. (which is very little XD)

Well I'm usually up for crit being honest, but I'll drop in with some recommendations, but you don't have to take my advice here.

Spoiler:

For this screen I would recommend changing a few things. The cobble stones under the benches look a little out the style of the game, I like the idea, however I think that the tile choice could have been better, though I'm aware that it can be hard to find the right tiles for things like this. Also I think those barrels could be edited a bit to actually meet the style too. If you look at them, they are sprited a little differently to most of your other tiles and could probably do with some re-shading. Also on the little park area, I'm not a fan of the flowers. They just look like edited FRLG ones, but not fantastic edits. I recommend getting some new ones there.

Spoiler:

By large your mapping is pretty good, though I'm concerned about playability, and I was in the demo also. In the bottom left screen, as you north east, there's verrrrry little space to walk in, I think that the player will start bumping into things everywhere, which can get quite aggravating. So you could possibly just remove some of the rocks around that area.

But watch out for your tile choices in a lot of places, they tend to look a little flat, especially water. And as far as I remember Alistair didn't animate his. I have some autotiles which I used to use for my game which very well might fit the style of your game, if you wish to use them, just send me a VM, they're animated and do look quite well and I think they should suit it a bit more. But if you're sticking with something else that's no bother.

Atomic Reactor

@Abnegation: Thank you for the crit! I replaced the barrels with crates, (ill upload screens eventually) and took some out. I took out the cobblestones, but left the flowers. (there alistairs, which I'm pretty sure are scratch haha)
I'll go through and edit the cave so it's less frustrating to navigate haha.
And i would love your water haha. and any other tiles you won't need or want or care ofr me to have haha. Thanks for the crit :)

@SMA_H: Rock Smash will actually be a good attack in this game. With a power of 85 instead of 40 :)

@Doom: I fixed the shadow haha, thanks for the heads up :)

Atomic Reactor

Just stopping by to post a couple screens. So...here you go.
3.png

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Replacing trading with the astral stone? Nice.

Also, in the demo, If you whiteout in the forest, when you're brought back to the pokecenter, you still have that dark border thing.

Atomic Reactor

Haha yeah i know, it will be fixed in the next demo :)

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
This game is amazing looking, and its simple, I think im in love!!!! haha I'll be following this with alot of intrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back