The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:39 AM
flamz321
Redefining the arts...

Nature: Brave

The Dev Team!
Anglican-scripter, mapper
rydrew123-scripter
Ehibika-Fakemon artist
Beegu-mapper, tileset guy
XxxGoblinKingxxX- concept art
flamz321(me)- music, plot, whatever else i can

Story (Prologue)
Spoiler:
Long ago, two races were created to inhabit the planet Earth. They were the humans and the Pokemon. They seemed to balance each other out; the humans had ingenuity and innovation, while the Pokemon seemed to channel the forces of the world. They lived in harmony, and eventually made a pact. The race of Pokemon elected a select few to inhabit the realm of the legendaries, and the humans elected a single, noble bloodline to become the master of all. These people were known as the Point Sages.

But, as with all stories, there was a consequence. With the introduction of the beings of light, the shadows were born. The Point Crystal, the source of all power, was in danger. That pact of the two races of light was really formed to protect it, for if it fell, all would fall....There was one particular Point Sage who had a vision of the downfall of the Point Sages. Indeed, after some time, on a inky, windy night, the clouds overhead flashed and crackled. All of the Point Sages were gathered in one spot inevitably awaiting their fate. And, in one great crack and jolt of lighting, all of them were struck down, leaving humanity with no Champions, and without the balance of the light against the shadows, even though the Pokemon kept fighting valiantly, the world slowly faded into darkness.

Time passed, and so did the legend from the mind of everyone everywhere, with the exception of the noble people of the Animus region. Their hearts still believed that among them, the Point Sages would rise again even though the shadows had taken over every aspect of the world.

It's the year 27X. This is where your story begins. Journey across the Animus region meeting the many brave people who reside within. Along your journey, meet new friends, discover the true power of Pokemon, and uncover the last details that will let it all make sense. Why did your father, the legendary Red, disappear four years ago? What are the Shadows doing? What is the giant dark mass forming east of Animus? And, above all, what is your role in all of this? Find out in Pokemon Cobalt!

Map is subject to change

Welcome to the Animus region! Come and explore the four contrasting provinces of Animus, each with their own unique atmosphere. The Arbor province, full of lush vegetation and wildlife. The Relic province, with its ancient secrets and hidden wonders. The Mechan province, with its stunning architecture and awesome technology. And last but not least, the Tide province, with the beautiful sea and extravagant resorts. These four provinces play key roles in your journey. And this isn't even the half of it. Once you've seen all of Animus, your story will continue in a realm containing the unimaginable...

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Misc. Art
Spoiler:

This is an updated version of the first title I made. Just did some minor text editing.

I added a brushed metal finish underneath and reduced the opacity of the black and blue. Personally, I think it looks so much better. What do you think?

Just started messing around cuz I was bored but I think it turned out good. Any opinions?

Engine used:
RPG Maker XP

Resources:
Credits to poccil and venom12 for Pokemon Essentials DS

Note: If you see anything that may be yours, PM me and I will give you credit for it.

ALERT! IN DESPERATE NEED OF:
-A Spriter

Show your support for Cobalt! Post this into your sig :D

ANY HELP WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED. PLUS!!! If you're on the team, you get a special banner for your sig!

Credits
Spoiler:
Tilesets-
Rverah-duh
Speedialga
Platinum Tyrant
KageNoSensai
Kyledove
07harris/Paranoid
19dante91
27alexmad27
Alistair
Alucus
Atomika
Bakura155
Blue Beedrill
Boomxbig
Bulbapedia and Bulbaforums
chimcharsfireworkd
Chio
CNickC/CNC
Dewitty
Flood
Fused
G-olden
help14
Jesse TBPro
lordindy
Kizemaru_Kurunosuke
klnothincomin
Kuroda-Taiki
Kymotonian
Newtiteuf
Novus
Pokemon_Diamond
PrinceLegendario
Reck
Red-Gyrados
REMY35
RHN
Saurav
Scarexshivaking
Seiyouh
SL249
spaceemotion
spypoke megafc
ThePokemonChronicles
turtwig2
WesleyFG
zetavares852

Last edited by flamz321; July 22nd, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:56 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Nature: Serious
Can you upload the Screenshots?
And.. How can this happen unless there is no screenshots with that?
[QUOTE=flamz231;250292]Note: If you see anything that may be yours, PM me and I will give you credit for it.[\QUOTE]

Well, good luck with the project!

Can you upload the Screenshots?
And.. How can this happen unless there is no screenshots with that?
Quote:
Note: If you see anything that may be yours, PM me and I will give you credit for it.
Well, good luck with the project!

omega.
No information yet.

Last edited by TheMarkCrafter; April 23rd, 2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Valora17
Something Memorable?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to Valora17
I like your information thus far, it seems like you have a good backstory planned. I hope you can pull this off in the playthrough story though, because you didn't give us much information on the gameplay itself other than the basics of what every existing pokemon game has given us.

Now, just get to your 15 posts and post up them screenshots! Good luck.
Blow the candles out,

Looks like a solo tonight,

I'm beginning to see the light.

Blow the candles out,

Looks like a solo tonight,

Everything's gonna be alright.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
flamz321
Redefining the arts...

Thanks guys. I have some friends helping me out with the ideas but I'm the only person working on it so it might take some time.

As for the screenshots I need to map out some more places for a larger variety of shots.

Old April 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Nature: Serious
I would be a spriter
Example of Work: My avatar

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Anglican
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
I could join as a mapper, and a bad scripter...
proof: coming soon
Old May 29th, 2011, 06:56 AM
rydrew123
Beginning Trainer

hey man if your still needing people, I can do some Scripting and other things aswell? I can do many things and will spend a lot of time helping you with this, I mainly do scripting, but I can also do, mapping, Stats changer, ETC, many things, one thing im not good with is inserting pokemon into the game and things like that, it just rattles my brains -.-'

so anyway, if you need me go to my youtube channel and PM me, /user/PokemonProject2011

hey man if your still needing people, I can do some Scripting and other things aswell? I can do many things and will spend a lot of time helping you with this, I mainly do scripting, but I can also do, mapping, Stats changer, ETC, many things, one thing im not good with is inserting pokemon into the game and things like that, it just rattles my brains -.-'

so anyway, if you need me go to my youtube channel and PM me, /user/PokemonProject2011

Last edited by rydrew123; May 29th, 2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Ehibika
Beginning Trainer

Looking for a fakemon artist? I'm looking for a position to be one, I have been a practicing artist for 5 years and still going, I also have several years of spriting experience as well.

However I do want to see more of the game, namely the screenshots and what additional features will be in the game.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
YOu should put some screenshots up
but first you need 10-15 posts on this site.
Go look around a post stuff (relavant of course) and come post em
the story is good though i give ya that!
Old June 12th, 2011, 01:34 PM
flamz321
Redefining the arts...

Hey all of you thanks for offering to help. I was busy for the last few months but now i finally have time to work on it. I'll be in contact with all of you soon.

Old June 14th, 2011, 06:49 AM
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Great game! Will you post the screen shots though???
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM
dannyboy601
Musician-in-Training

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalordaSerpent7 View Post
Great game! Will you post the screen shots though???
He hasn't posted 15 times yet. I'm sure he'll post the screenshots after he has 15 posts.

Interesting game though, the plot sounds very interesting. Hope you manage to complete it.

Old June 26th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Beegu
Is Waldo

Nature: Adamant
Wow. The story prologue is very nice. If you need a mapper, I would love to help you out. I apologize for no proof, but my computer is packed up and I may not have it until the end of the month. but THEN I can make you some pretty reasonable maps if you give me a tileset. Patience is always re payed.

Last edited by Beegu; June 26th, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 09:51 AM
flamz321
Redefining the arts...

That's a part of the mystery. The "X" in 27X is supposed to represent a variable, meaning the people have a rough idea of the century they're in, but the exact year is unknown.

Old June 30th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Beegu
Is Waldo

Ah. That is very clever. On another note, here is my map of proof. NO STEALING:
Attached Images
File Type: psd routemap1.psd‎ (747.9 KB, 25 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegu View Post
Ah. That is very clever. On another note, here is my map of proof. NO STEALING:
That map needs serious work done to it, it doesn't look appealing to people who see it. You need to add more trees make the map bigger give a better path with alternate options for the player. There also appears to be errors with the rocks, which on that subject you might want to try place them a bit better, it seems odd just seeing them in a such a linear way. Hopefully that will help you.
Old July 1st, 2011, 04:02 AM
Beegu
Is Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Rai View Post
That map needs serious work done to it, it doesn't look appealing to people who see it. You need to add more trees make the map bigger give a better path with alternate options for the player. There also appears to be errors with the rocks, which on that subject you might want to try place them a bit better, it seems odd just seeing them in a such a linear way. Hopefully that will help you.
Thank you for this advice Rai Rai. This was only to prove I can Map on a grid and such and such. This is not going into any game. This being said, the map was only a sketch at that. It took approximately an hour. Real good maps can take much longer than that. The tiles I used also didn't supply all the supplies needed. But I did also make an edited version of it, though all the things I said above still apply (except that it took about 30 mins more). But I will probably not change it beyond this point.
Attached Images
File Type: psd routemap1.psd‎ (864.6 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:45 AM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
I wish I could see that map, but it won't load. I'm sure you did a good job.
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
XxxGoblinKingxxX
Beginning Trainer

need a concept artist? if yeah PM me
Old July 7th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Hm, didn't notice this. Please upload screenshots in the next 48 hours, or this will be locked.
Old July 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
XxxGoblinKingxxX
Beginning Trainer

i have drawn the grass starter!(well the concept of it )

no name right now that is a job forfor Flamz but its a shaman Pokemon that is Grass/Psychic
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
Beegu
Is Waldo

Good job, GoblinKing. Are you part of our team now?
I just have a few comments if these drawings will be the same for the battlesprites. The stage one is amazing although the pose it is in does not really seem like an attack stance. Also, they may need a bit more connection to grass type. I know it's hard, I've suffered from similar things as well being a pensil artist myself, and I'm not trying to be mean. Please don't take this the wrong way, because other than these two tiny things, the evo looks amazing!:D
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:02 AM
XxxGoblinKingxxX
Beginning Trainer

yeah poses are my absolute worst weakness, any specific critic would be appreciated I dont know if Flamz wants the sprites the same

Old July 22nd, 2011, 06:41 AM
Beegu
Is Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxxGoblinKingxxX View Post
yeah poses are my absolute worst weakness, any specific critic would be appreciated I dont know if Flamz wants the sprites the same
No worries. Positioning is probably the hardest part of pokemon drawing for me too and probably many others. If it were up to me, I'd position it like this(see attachments or spoiler):
Spoiler:
click here to see pose

Of course, It is a pretty rough draft. It took me approximately a minute (10 seconds to think of the pose, 50 to draw). Feel free to use and build on it. Don't hesitate to deny my offer. No hard feelings.
Attached Thumbnails
pkpose1.png‎  
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
XxxGoblinKingxxX
Beginning Trainer

I Ike it! I'll get started on it right away, any ideas for the first Eco though?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links