Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:15 AM
スティブ
Newbie and proud of it

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Great for you!Here in Brazil it's winter so it isn't very nice.
World Challenge Revived
Ultimate Antisocial 0/5

0/8 Dusknoir,Altaria,Ludicolo,Hitmonlee

Ultimate Combined Solo Challenge Ariados 0/5
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:30 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by スティブ View Post
The sad thing is that I enjoy winter more than summer. Its my favorite season.
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Oh hey, I'm back after a month or so...

Many things have been going on, including but not limited to:

Me getting a job
Me going on vacation to Charelston
My girlfriend getting a super awesome job, where she basically gets to travel the US and get free travel, meals, and hotels. And she gets paid to watch little kids while their parents are at conventions. ON TOP OF THAT she gets to take someone with her (wouldn't want employees to get lonely, would we) so I'm with her going to Alaska and Hawaii and places. Not gonna lie, its pretty awesome.
My trivia team getting invited to the trivia championships and getting 3rd place (worth $500 split 4 ways).
A friend and I getting every single artifact on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. That's a whole bunch of grinding. At the end, we were getting like one artifact every two hours of gameplay. It was ridiculous.
Probably other stuff that I can't remember.

So, as you can see, I've had a pretty full summer so far. But, hopefully I'll be able to get back to my Pokemon playing. I've started working on an old fashioned Catch 'em All challenge for Blue. I have at least the basic form of every obtainable Pokemon in the game, now I have to play through Red a few times to get Blastoise/Charizard, Vaporeon/Flareon, and the Version Exclusives. Then I just have to grind grind grind and I'll be done!
You have such a full summer. I have absolutely nothing to do. :/ I wish I could invite my friends over to play games and stuff, but they think it's really necessary to sit around and study. It's SUMMER. Have a little fun. /near rant

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Welcome back Myrrh :D
I hope my summer (with officially starts Friday even though I've only had 2 exams + 1 last Thursday to do this month ) becomes so cool too. Just not so busy i guess (Cant stand being busy -.-)
Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8
Old June 13th, 2011, 01:13 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoRogue View Post

You have such a full summer. I have absolutely nothing to do. :/ I wish I could invite my friends over to play games and stuff, but they think it's really necessary to sit around and study. It's SUMMER. Have a little fun. /near rant
I sort of wish I wasn't doing much. I really wanted to just chill and play video games most of the summer, probably with my best friend (the one who beat FF:CC with me), but no. Maybe the second half of my summer will be less busy than the first half.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:36 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Quote:
Cool, a fellow Brazilian :V

Winter is pretty dull, can't wait till December where I can doing a billion (and one) challenges
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:45 AM
RHIOneAlbum
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Serious
Send a message via AIM to RHIOneAlbum
a lv. 100 challenge? You have to get all 659 to lv. 100? Seems hard but yet fun. or a "catch all 659" challenge? Seems like Syd and Myrrh are the experts here... so what do you two think about those ideas?

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Well a "catch all 646" Pokemon would be weird, since that's just completing the Pokedex, which is pretty much the end aim of the game anyway, so I don't see a point in making it a seperate challenge. Feel free to make it a personal challenge if you want to. :]
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

I guess this is the best place to do this. I'm going to attempt to start back up Alpha Fan now that I'm back to PC. Anyone interested? I think the best idea is to have like 4-6 people working on it, and keeping in communication via skype or AIM or something. Its too much of a bother to PM all 5 people every time one person finds something out. Plus, with AIM or skype, we can have set times where we all meet up and talk about stuff. Sooooo, anyone interested?
Old June 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Alpha fan was that speed run for Guinness right? I can join if the time zone gap is not to big of a deal (GTM +1 here) I have Skype but no AIM :I
Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
Quote:
Why isn't GSC's finishing point Red too?Anyways sounds nice
Oh yeah, you're right! So let it be also for G/S/C.
Then, I'll be opening the thread right now, and I'll make my own list for all you guys to use, and, if you want to add/remove something, just tell it, we can decide together.
3DS Friend Code: 1864-9474-4763 (Matthew)
Safari Zone: Ice-type, Snover/Bergmite/Dewgong

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
I guess this is the best place to do this. I'm going to attempt to start back up Alpha Fan now that I'm back to PC. Anyone interested? I think the best idea is to have like 4-6 people working on it, and keeping in communication via skype or AIM or something. Its too much of a bother to PM all 5 people every time one person finds something out. Plus, with AIM or skype, we can have set times where we all meet up and talk about stuff. Sooooo, anyone interested?
People still use AIM? :[ It's gonna be hard to snatch people use for AIM when hardly anyone seems to use it now. You outta consider getting an MSN.

Quote:
a lv. 100 challenge? You have to get all 659 to lv. 100? Seems hard but yet fun. or a "catch all 659" challenge? Seems like Syd and Myrrh are the experts here... so what do you two think about those ideas?

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne
659? THERE ARE NEW POKEMON ALREADY?! lmao But yeah, like Alt said, that could be more of a personal challenge. The thing with huge challenges like that is just, the updating would be difficult to contain in a thread. Suits more for your PC blog, or Tumblr.

I don't wanna keep on hackin btw...

And all this summer talk lol. I wish I was having a summer. I have speech this month, math next, band camp in August, then starting fall semester with 14 hours. Like...Lord save me. I don't know how I can fit a job in there, but I need one desperately. Y'all hiring?

Oh. Also. I've hatched over 1000 Petilil and still no shiny. However, I have saved all the Modest and Timid Petilil with Own Tempo. If anyone would like one, I'd be happy to trade'em. That's why I saved them, lol.

paired to crono
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Exile
blvck haze 2001
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Myrrh, this is an intervention. You need to move on from the outdated AIM and indulge yourself in a world of amazing by downloading and using MSN. Syd, myself and most of the other challengers use MSN, so it's sort of a necessary communication tool if we want to have a great challenge event for GT8.

Also happy birthday to challenges! /needs to be more active here

paired to kaori & vrai
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
RHIOneAlbum

@Sydian I have a MSN but its not available to be used for this, AIM or ICQ etc. are easier for this, skype would be useful, but same story as my MSN
Sydian's going to love this :D :

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

EDIT: I just realized this was kinda rude, and I don't mean that at all, I was just explaining why some people such as myself can't use MSN for all things, and the second part was a playful response to your last post :D

Last edited by RHIOneAlbum; June 14th, 2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
@Sydian I have a MSN but its not available to be used for this, AIM or ICQ etc. are easier for this, skype would be useful, but same story as my MSN
But I was talking to Myrrh...lol It's not a necessity. Depends on who all wants to participate and then you could relay that to whatever you wanna use (AIM, Skype, etc). I personally won't be trying to do Alpha Fan, because my play style goes against...every aspect of trying to beat the game that quick, tbh.

If your Skype and MSN don't work though, you're missing out on a world of experiences. lol Most people use one or both, myself included. It's kind of like how everyone moved on to Facebook. It's like you're still using the MySpace of instant messaging. Might as well uninstall your MSN and Skype and then reinstall them tbh.

paired to crono
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
RHIOneAlbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

But I was talking to Myrrh...lol It's not a necessity. Depends on who all wants to participate and then you could relay that to whatever you wanna use (AIM, Skype, etc). I personally won't be trying to do Alpha Fan, because my play style goes against...every aspect of trying to beat the game that quick, tbh.

If your Skype and MSN don't work though, you're missing out on a world of experiences. lol Most people use one or both, myself included. It's kind of like how everyone moved on to Facebook. It's like you're still using the MySpace of instant messaging. Might as well uninstall your MSN and Skype and then reinstall them tbh.
I mean they're for different uses and i don't want my rom hacking and challenges people on them... I use MSN and I love it, same with skype, but they're for different things and I can't mix them.
And I would expect that from the moderator of this area haha, and as for you talking to myrrh, well, yea i probably shouldn't have butted in XD, but I'm also working on alpha fan now... XD

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
And I would expect that from the moderator of this area haha, and as for you talking to myrrh, well, yea i probably shouldn't have butted in XD, but I'm also working on alpha fan now... XD
I would do Alpha Fan, but like I said, it goes all against my play style (slow and steady wins the race kinda thing) and I have way too much stuff to do. I'm currently doing four challenges anyway (technically five if I'd get off my arse about it). I'm a slow poke in the gaming world, lmao.

paired to crono
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM
RHIOneAlbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

I would do Alpha Fan, but like I said, it goes all against my play style (slow and steady wins the race kinda thing) and I have way too much stuff to do. I'm currently doing four challenges anyway (technically five if I'd get off my arse about it). I'm a slow poke in the gaming world, lmao.
Lol, that along with being a mod (a friendly one at that, XD, I've seen bad mods before) would be busy. Good luck on your challenges! Lol
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Because I love Syd, I'm going to post in here and also wish Challenges a happy birthday(or he could be trolling me, either way).

lu syd. ♥ Even though I like, very rarely post here lmao.

edit: how the heck do you remember the exact day the challenges forum was created? xD
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
Lol, that along with being a mod (a friendly one at that, XD, I've seen bad mods before) would be busy. Good luck on your challenges! Lol
Aww, thanks. XD

Quote:
edit: how the heck do you remember the exact day the challenges forum was created? xD
BECAUSE IT'S MY BABY. No, I'm actually going by the date the rules thread was posted, which was June 1st. But the forum was invisible at the time. Didn't become open to the public til I got back from a trip. Although, Nica managed to find this forum somehow, and she has the second post in this thread...

paired to crono
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Exactly. How bad would it be if you forgot when your baby was born? That'd be really weirdif you ask me.
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Exile
blvck haze 2001
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
Exactly. How bad would it be if you forgot when your baby was born? That'd be really weirdif you ask me.
My friend's parents forgot his birthday and it's more irresponsible than wierd.

To make this post relevant to challenges, I am watching over the Nuzlocke thread, even if I haven't updated or posted there in forever. I swear.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

That reminds me, I should totally try and get back into my Nuzlocke again anyway. I beat Flannery, who was easy as putting out a fire (pun intended) and then got called a noob or something and stopped playing it.
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Wait, lmao WHAT. Who called you a noob? OHHHH YOU BEA FLANNERY YOU'RE SUCH A NOOB. Like wtf, how is that supposed to be some kinda insult?

paired to crono
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Idk I think it's Brendan being sexist as always. You walk out the gym and he's like "here have some goggles" and stuff, and then he says something like unlike you your father is actually tough because you're a woman and so forth.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here