• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Alpha fan was that speed run for Guinness right? I can join if the time zone gap is not to big of a deal :) (GTM +1 here) I have Skype but no AIM :I

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I guess this is the best place to do this. I'm going to attempt to start back up Alpha Fan now that I'm back to PC. Anyone interested? I think the best idea is to have like 4-6 people working on it, and keeping in communication via skype or AIM or something. Its too much of a bother to PM all 5 people every time one person finds something out. Plus, with AIM or skype, we can have set times where we all meet up and talk about stuff. Sooooo, anyone interested?

People still use AIM? :[ It's gonna be hard to snatch people use for AIM when hardly anyone seems to use it now. You outta consider getting an MSN.

a lv. 100 challenge? You have to get all 659 to lv. 100? Seems hard but yet fun. or a "catch all 659" challenge? Seems like Syd and Myrrh are the experts here... so what do you two think about those ideas?

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

659? THERE ARE NEW POKEMON ALREADY?! lmao But yeah, like Alt said, that could be more of a personal challenge. The thing with huge challenges like that is just, the updating would be difficult to contain in a thread. Suits more for your PC blog, or Tumblr.

I don't wanna keep on hackin btw...

And all this summer talk lol. I wish I was having a summer. I have speech this month, math next, band camp in August, then starting fall semester with 14 hours. Like...Lord save me. I don't know how I can fit a job in there, but I need one desperately. Y'all hiring?

Oh. Also. I've hatched over 1000 Petilil and still no shiny. However, I have saved all the Modest and Timid Petilil with Own Tempo. If anyone would like one, I'd be happy to trade'em. That's why I saved them, lol.

Years
I guess this is the best place to do this. I'm going to attempt to start back up Alpha Fan now that I'm back to PC. Anyone interested? I think the best idea is to have like 4-6 people working on it, and keeping in communication via skype or AIM or something. Its too much of a bother to PM all 5 people every time one person finds something out. Plus, with AIM or skype, we can have set times where we all meet up and talk about stuff. Sooooo, anyone interested?

Myrrh, this is an intervention. You need to move on from the outdated AIM and indulge yourself in a world of amazing by downloading and using MSN. Syd, myself and most of the other challengers use MSN, so it's sort of a necessary communication tool if we want to have a great challenge event for GT8.

Also happy birthday to challenges! /needs to be more active here

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
@Sydian I have a MSN but its not available to be used for this, AIM or ICQ etc. are easier for this, skype would be useful, but same story as my MSN
Sydian's going to love this :D :

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

EDIT: I just realized this was kinda rude, and I don't mean that at all, I was just explaining why some people such as myself can't use MSN for all things, and the second part was a playful response to your last post :D

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
@Sydian I have a MSN but its not available to be used for this, AIM or ICQ etc. are easier for this, skype would be useful, but same story as my MSN

But I was talking to Myrrh...lol It's not a necessity. Depends on who all wants to participate and then you could relay that to whatever you wanna use (AIM, Skype, etc). I personally won't be trying to do Alpha Fan, because my play style goes against...every aspect of trying to beat the game that quick, tbh.

If your Skype and MSN don't work though, you're missing out on a world of experiences. lol Most people use one or both, myself included. It's kind of like how everyone moved on to Facebook. It's like you're still using the MySpace of instant messaging. Might as well uninstall your MSN and Skype and then reinstall them tbh.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years

But I was talking to Myrrh...lol It's not a necessity. Depends on who all wants to participate and then you could relay that to whatever you wanna use (AIM, Skype, etc). I personally won't be trying to do Alpha Fan, because my play style goes against...every aspect of trying to beat the game that quick, tbh.

If your Skype and MSN don't work though, you're missing out on a world of experiences. lol Most people use one or both, myself included. It's kind of like how everyone moved on to Facebook. It's like you're still using the MySpace of instant messaging. Might as well uninstall your MSN and Skype and then reinstall them tbh.
I mean they're for different uses and i don't want my rom hacking and challenges people on them... I use MSN and I love it, same with skype, but they're for different things and I can't mix them.
And I would expect that from the moderator of this area haha, and as for you talking to myrrh, well, yea i probably shouldn't have butted in XD, but I'm also working on alpha fan now... XD

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
And I would expect that from the moderator of this area haha, and as for you talking to myrrh, well, yea i probably shouldn't have butted in XD, but I'm also working on alpha fan now... XD

I would do Alpha Fan, but like I said, it goes all against my play style (slow and steady wins the race kinda thing) and I have way too much stuff to do. I'm currently doing four challenges anyway (technically five if I'd get off my arse about it). I'm a slow poke in the gaming world, lmao.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years

I would do Alpha Fan, but like I said, it goes all against my play style (slow and steady wins the race kinda thing) and I have way too much stuff to do. I'm currently doing four challenges anyway (technically five if I'd get off my arse about it). I'm a slow poke in the gaming world, lmao.
Lol, that along with being a mod (a friendly one at that, XD, I've seen bad mods before) would be busy. Good luck on your challenges! Lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Lol, that along with being a mod (a friendly one at that, XD, I've seen bad mods before) would be busy. Good luck on your challenges! Lol

Aww, thanks. XD

edit: how the heck do you remember the exact day the challenges forum was created? xD

BECAUSE IT'S MY BABY. No, I'm actually going by the date the rules thread was posted, which was June 1st. But the forum was invisible at the time. Didn't become open to the public til I got back from a trip. Although, Nica managed to find this forum somehow, and she has the second post in this thread...

Years
Exactly. How bad would it be if you forgot when your baby was born? That'd be really weirdif you ask me.

My friend's parents forgot his birthday and it's more irresponsible than wierd.

To make this post relevant to challenges, I am watching over the Nuzlocke thread, even if I haven't updated or posted there in forever. I swear.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
That reminds me, I should totally try and get back into my Nuzlocke again anyway. I beat Flannery, who was easy as putting out a fire (pun intended) and then got called a noob or something and stopped playing it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wait, lmao WHAT. Who called you a noob? OHHHH YOU BEA FLANNERY YOU'RE SUCH A NOOB. Like wtf, how is that supposed to be some kinda insult?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Idk I think it's Brendan being sexist as always. You walk out the gym and he's like "here have some goggles" and stuff, and then he says something like unlike you your father is actually tough because you're a woman and so forth.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years

You know I'm up for it! :) Just not specifically right at this very moment, since I'm kind of on a challenge-break. (My 151 solos have my brain fried)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
@Syd: But, but, I love my AIM! I know how to navigate it so well and we've grown up together! I don't wanna move on!

In all seriousness, though, I'd be perfectly fine with getting a MSN. I think I might have one maybe at some point, I could probably remember the username and password since I only have like 3 usernames and 3 passwords ever. Honestly, its whatever the most people want.

So, RHI, jespoke, jd, chaos, what do you guys think? What do you guys use the most?

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
None actually, i have MSN because of my e-mail being Hotmail, and skype for this kind of situation, but ive never used either of them :I

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I think that msn might be better for all involved, as I use Skype with my real identity, and not a anonymous one. I actually wouldn't have a problem using skype for this, but others might :|

Anyway, my skype is broken right now, so msn would be the way to go for me right now anyway, lol.

also Myrrhman, I have aim as well, since I started using the internet with AOL way back when dinos roamed the earth I was a kid with my parents - my mom still uses AOL! (not AOL online, the actual program, with the browser and everything!) However, I haven't used it since the open browsers started coming on strong.

I really don't see much difference between one IM service and the other (besides Skype, which is a whole other animal), but more people have msn then something like aim, so...

And I guess I'm a member of Alpha Fan now.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
None actually, i have MSN because of my e-mail being Hotmail, and skype for this kind of situation, but ive never used either of them :I
rofl. I'm in the exact same boat. I've got hotmail, and I think I have logged onto MSN maybe once
I think that msn might be better for all involved, as I use Skype with my real identity, and not a anonymous one. I actually wouldn't have a problem using skype for this, but others might :|

Anyway, my skype is broken right now, so msn would be the way to go for me right now anyway, lol.

also Myrrhman, I have aim as well, since I started using the internet with AOL way back when the earth was formed I was a kid with my parents - my mom still uses AOL! (not AOL online, the actual program, with the browser and everything!) However, I haven't used it since the open browsers started coming on strong.

I really don't see much difference between one IM service and the other (besides Skype, which is a whole other animal), but more people have msn then something like aim, so...

And I guess I'm a member of Alpha Fan now.
MSN or Skype will work for me too. I fixed your little crossed out bit. It sounds like we're going to do MSN, then!

In other news, my personal "Ultimate Catch 'em All" Challenge is going aight. Just beat Falkner with a Pidgey and Totodile. I'm so pumped to get the first two of my party, Abra and Machop. then all i'll need is a scyther

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back