The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.25%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 37.50%
Nah, it's fine. 9 56.25%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Barney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard★ View Post
I've heard it lags tho, how bad is it? I mean one of my friends said it isn't that bad, but another says it's pretty bad so he got the new PS3. Not really bad I hope?
To be honest with you, I have no first hand experience of this, as I have an 80gb PS3 that can't play PS2 games, but I think there should be lists of compatibility on the internet which show the games that play well on certain PS3 models and those that don't.
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM
FourCartridge

Nature: Jolly
I'm about to upgrade my computer, and I'm interested in getting one of those two games. I only have money for one, so I came to you guys. Which one should I get?

Moderators note: Merged into the Quick Questions Thread.

Last edited by Alinthea; May 28th, 2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:40 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
This is the best way to compare them:

Quote:
Empire:

+Massive, 3 Theater World (Although crippled by small # of provinces)
+Many different nations to choose from (Sharing the same bland, cookie cutter format albeit)
+Fire by Rank
+Open Ended Campaign

-AI (Campaign and Battle)
-Bugs (Half finished on release and I'm being kind)
-Same units for each army mostly
-Same ships for each navy
-Doesn't feel polished (Wonder why)

Napoleon:

+Better AI
+More army differentiation
+Attrition and Supply System
+More, smaller regions
+Better art design (completely subjective, but the 'portraits' in ETW were horrible)
+Physically larger campaign map
+Enhanced GFX engine

-Smaller scope
-Cost high for what is essentially a glorified expansion
-little, if any integration or enhancement with/for its parent game, ETW
-Only 4 nations to choose from in GC
-was developed and released during a time when CA should have been focusing all its energy on repairing and upgrading Empire
Hope this helps.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
Richard Nixon
Booted out - don't be like me!

Just answer to the title. Wii or DS? If I were to vote it would be DS.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
It's better on the N64. /shot

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:05 AM
linkinpark187
Computer Tech

Nature: Modest
I would have to say the N64, too. I do like the visual updates that the DS brought, but...not so much on playing as 5 different characters.

Many thanks to Shadow_Ball for the sig pic!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
TheWatersGreatGuardian
Beginning Trainer

N64, that was one of my first games, nothing beats the memories I get from playing the good ole games
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
N64.
Original FTW.
Wii...EHHH.
Ds I liked it
But overall N64 is the best for that game.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
TheWatersGreatGuardian
Beginning Trainer

Super Mario Sunshine wasn't half bad either.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
BlooMilk C.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I think it's better for DS, but it's definitely best for the N64 /shot
Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I have a question. I've recently seen Tales of Vesperia go cheap on the Xbox Live Marketplace, and I've seen reviews of the game and it looks like the game anyone should get. Does anyone have any first-hand experience and can tell me to get it at all?
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The reviews say it all. I have played it with a friend when I was around his and it was a very fun game.

If you like games like that, very simple answer for you, if not, read more into the reviews and see!
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:57 PM
lucario giavlés
nothing beats a mud bath!

my game is giveing me problems, its the elder scrolls 4 OBLIVION (game of the year btw), anytime i enter the overworld, CRASH! enter sewers? CRASH! enter any area w/ water? CRASH! exit a city (e.g: BRUMA)? CRASH!

i tried alot of things 2 fix it, patches, modding the .idi file, downloads... no luck, i rly need help... but i tried a site... it says the hardware t&l (transform and lighting) fails, but my game l4d, has the same problem, but it dznt crash, only lags (major lag in dead air)

im not buying a new comp... cnt afford 1 but other ideas r majorly welcome
cuzin
me and kayla
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Is there a such thing as a charger for my DS Lite that I can take on the go with me that doesn't have to plug into something (i.e. a car, wall outlet, etc.)? I have a charger I carry with me for my iPod that runs on AA batteries. Does such a thing exist for the DS Lite? So far I'm not having luck finding anything. Finally, is there something like this for the 3DS? Someday I'm sure I'll have to upgrade and when I do I'd want something to charge this while I'm out as well.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old June 19th, 2011, 03:27 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Is there a such thing as a charger for my DS Lite that I can take on the go with me that doesn't have to plug into something
Hahaha, that's a funny sounding question. |D Ironically though, the answer is yes! There are several types of "Charge at home, then use to charge devices away from home" type deals, such as this one, which very directly shows that it has an adapter for the DSi, among other things. The DSi and 3DS actually have the exact same chargers. (They're literally interchangeable.) So anything that works with the DSi should work with the 3DS.
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Cassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucario giavlés View Post
my game is giveing me problems, its the elder scrolls 4 OBLIVION (game of the year btw), anytime i enter the overworld, CRASH! enter sewers? CRASH! enter any area w/ water? CRASH! exit a city (e.g: BRUMA)? CRASH!

i tried alot of things 2 fix it, patches, modding the .idi file, downloads... no luck, i rly need help... but i tried a site... it says the hardware t&l (transform and lighting) fails, but my game l4d, has the same problem, but it dznt crash, only lags (major lag in dead air)

im not buying a new comp... cnt afford 1 but other ideas r majorly welcome
Have you tried running it on the lowest graphics settings? That should be the most obvious course of action if you're having video problems.

More specifically, though I'm best-guessing;
Try turning the option that goes "none, bloom, HDR" to none.
If there's an option for choosing the pixel shader, set that to 1.0 (might have to be done via the in-game console if anywhere).
Turn shadows off.
Turn reflections off (both windows and water).

Also, try looking around on forums for people who were/are having the same problem as you. Given the age of the game it's likely the issue has been discussed and resolved someplace.

If you haven't already then I recommend getting this, the 'Unofficial Oblivion Patch' as an aside. Don't expect it'll fix the problem you're having, but it stops a lot of quests becoming broken and suchlike occurances. Things Bethesda should've fixed themselves but never did.
Old June 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
lucario giavlés

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Have you tried running it on the lowest graphics settings? That should be the most obvious course of action if you're having video problems.

More specifically, though I'm best-guessing;
Try turning the option that goes "none, bloom, HDR" to none.
If there's an option for choosing the pixel shader, set that to 1.0 (might have to be done via the in-game console if anywhere).
Turn shadows off.
Turn reflections off (both windows and water).

Also, try looking around on forums for people who were/are having the same problem as you. Given the age of the game it's likely the issue has been discussed and resolved someplace.

If you haven't already then I recommend getting this, the 'Unofficial Oblivion Patch' as an aside. Don't expect it'll fix the problem you're having, but it stops a lot of quests becoming broken and suchlike occurances. Things Bethesda should've fixed themselves but never did.
tried most of those, not working either and its not the quests tht r broken, its the water thts broken

and HOW do i manage 2 put it on 1.0?
cuzin
me and kayla

Last edited by lucario giavlés; June 19th, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old June 19th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post

There are several types of "Charge at home, then use to charge devices away from home" type deals, such as this one, which very directly shows that it has an adapter for the DSi, among other things. The DSi and 3DS actually have the exact same chargers. (They're literally interchangeable.) So anything that works with the DSi should work with the 3DS.
Wow, are they typically that expensive? (thanks for the link btw)

Will it also work with the DS Lite?

EDIT: What about something like this?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/

Last edited by Jeikobu; June 19th, 2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old June 20th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Cassino

Quote:
tried most of those, not working either -_- and its not the quests tht r broken, its the water thts broken?
Just said as an aside, not so much to do with your problem, but a general recommendation which could on the off chance make the problem go away. Doubt that, but thought I'd mention it.

Quote:
and HOW do i manage 2 put it on 1.0?
Looking about I'm not sure one can, but to open the console press the key to the left of 1, could be `, could be ~, or something else, depends on your keyboard. That opens the console.
Type bAllow30Shaders=0
That doesn't set the shader model to 1.0, I'm not sure if anything really does, it just disallows 3.0 (Oblivion normally runs on 2.0, apparently), and it should be set to 0 by default anyway.

Failing everything else, if you've got a kind of computer you can open the case and change parts of, you could simply upgrade the video card without buying a whole new system.

Sorry I'm not much of a help but I thought better than to say nothing.
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:24 PM
lucario giavlés

tried the shaders thing (and i use the console alot)... no luck... still crashes

wuts the best vid card i culd get fer under or at $300? (max budget if i say so)
cuzin
me and kayla
Old June 21st, 2011, 04:57 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Is there a way to send messages via DS systems to people a great distance away? I know the PictoChat allows message exchange, but I'm under the impression the senders have to be within a very short distance from each. What if I wanted to chat with someone in another city in my state? What about in another country? I would think if Nintendo fixed it so Pokemon Black and White players can battle people across the world on Wi-Fi, we could also chit-chat with people. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
LugiaSWE
Beginning Trainer

Pc specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 3,00 GB
System-type: 64-bit Operating System

Someone think it can run it?
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

I usually use that to tell whether my computer will run something. It's never failed me yet, but I guess your mileage will vary. You just have to install something which I'm... pretty sure is quite harmless. It reads your specs and then you can use the site to tell what'll be compatible and whether it's bare minimum or recommended settings.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
LugiaSWE
Beginning Trainer

Thanks! I got everything that is recommended even :D
Old July 3rd, 2011, 05:07 PM
Dragonite's Wrath
Dragons are my Heart and Soul

Nature: Hasty
I just got online to play Smash Bros Brawl, and the Spectator Mode and the Options were gone. I figured a lot of people play Brawl, so I thought PC would be a good place to ask.
Is Spectator Mode and Options gone for anyone else, or is it just me?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links