The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Nature: Adamant
My apologies if this doesnt being anywhere but my question is was there any Pokemon in THIS GEN that you should should have been able to learn certain moves but they can't?

For example: the thread title.And I can list other moves I thnk Gothitelle should have but I dont want to make it all about her.

For the Tepig line, they should have close combat as well but that's me.

Old June 14th, 2011, 09:44 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
True Tepig's line needed close combat...but I don't think Gothitelle needed it...
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

yeah, tepig needs close combat, I agree. I do not think Marowak should learn Headbutt at lvl 11, as it already has that move as it's starting moves. Marowak should also have learned Earthquake, sandstorm, and take down. Just my opinion though.

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it." - Gaara ♥

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Old June 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
True Tepig's line needed close combat...but I don't think Gothitelle needed it...
I think she needed because she has Brick Break and low sweep. Also it would make her a good fighter and not so hated. If you mixed:

Close Combat
Karate Chop
Cross Chop
Reversal
Focus Punch
High jump kick

with Swords Dance (a status move Gothitelle should have), you come up with one awesome fighter.

Old June 14th, 2011, 10:16 AM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Ferrowseed definitely needed to learn rapid spin i have NO IDEA why he doesnt he spins constantly for goodness sake. one thing i did like is all the starters had a semi-signature move when i say semi i mean there the only ones in there gen that can learn it. That was really kool especially with heat smash.

BTW anyone notice on Serebi.com and on the 3D dex its says that Scraggy learns Faint attack at lvl 9 but its also labled as an egg move? whats up with dat?
Old June 14th, 2011, 10:50 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
OK, tell me one thing: how is it that Kyurem is unable to learn Frost Breath? Almost every other Ice-type Pokemon is able to learn it. Even Regice can learn it, and has no mouth to expel breath out of. Kyurem's Pokedex entry from White says "It can produce ultracold air." Anyone else think this makes no sense whatsoever?
Old June 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
OK, tell me one thing: how is it that Kyurem is unable to learn Frost Breath? Almost every other Ice-type Pokemon is able to learn it. Even Regice can learn it, and has no mouth to expel breath out of. Kyurem's Pokedex entry from White says "It can produce ultracold air." Anyone else think this makes no sense whatsoever?
Agreed...it's like the creators weren't paying attention when they were making Kyu's moveset...
Old June 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
I think the Pokedex refers to the fact that a start move for it is Icy Wind. But in the same vein, Emboar's entry: "It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin." Emboar does not learn Fire Punch. Wat.jpg
Old June 14th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Autobot Silverwynde
Automaton Protector

Nature: Naive
I really think that Golurk should have gotten Close Combat. It's a robot--they get in the opponent's faceplate when they try and beat the scrap out of each other. Close Combat would make sense in that case.

As you can see, I watch way too much "Giant Robot" stuff.

We've come a long, long way together,
Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should.
Old June 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Yeah close combat is awesome. That's why I said it for Gothitelle. Speaking of Goth, hammer arm.

Old June 14th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
Ferrowseed definitely needed to learn rapid spin i have NO IDEA why he doesnt he spins constantly for goodness sake. one thing i did like is all the starters had a semi-signature move when i say semi i mean there the only ones in there gen that can learn it. That was really kool especially with heat smash.

BTW anyone notice on Serebi.com and on the 3D dex its says that Scraggy learns Faint attack at lvl 9 but its also labled as an egg move? whats up with dat?
It's true. L1 Scraggy can learn Faint Attack from the father (as well as if both parents have it, through the other breeding rule since it learns it at L9).

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Close combat would help the Tepig evolutions, but Gothitelle......? It's just not necessary. If it were Psychic/Fighting, then sure, but as a pure Psychic type, it just doesn't seem necessary. And HAMMER ARM?!?!?!? Gothitelle barely has arms at all! Hammer Arm is for muscular Pokemon, not Psychic types with skinny, weak arms! Gothitelle with physical Psychic moves is like giving a Magikarp access to Judgement. It's just not right. Anyways, Gothitelle's physical attack is so weak that Close Combat would harm it more than help it.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.

Last edited by Atomic Pirate; June 14th, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Snivy's line need Earthquake or something, their move-set is so lame!
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothitelle. View Post
Yeah close combat is awesome. That's why I said it for Gothitelle. Speaking of Goth, hammer arm.
I don't think Gothitelle really needs Fighting moves other than Focus Blast because it doesn't really look like a warrior, IMO.

Other than that, I think that Serperior, Samurott, Reshiram and Zekrom should have gotten Earthquake as a TM move. I can see why Reshiram and Zekrom can't learn it, possibly in order to keep both in balance by not hitting each other supereffectively other than Dragon moves. I don't see why Serperior and Samurott can't learn it.

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM
pankakes123
Beginning Trainer

Tepig doesn't need Close Combat, it already gets head smash and hammer arm. Gothitelle? You can be a fan of the poke all you want, but that's just totally unnecessary. It's not part fighting, it's not even an agressive looking Pokemon with high attack like Zangoose, an example of a non fighting pokemon that learns CC. Also Tepig is slow, and CC is a move for very swift pokemon like infernape and gallade.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:26 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
Close combat would help the Tepig evolutions, but Gothitelle......? It's just not necessary. If it were Psychic/Fighting, then sure, but as a pure Psychic type, it just doesn't seem necessary. And HAMMER ARM?!?!?!? Gothitelle barely has arms at all! Hammer Arm is for muscular Pokemon, not Psychic types with skinny, weak arms!
Agreed I think Gothitelle actually has one of the more thought out sets, Unlike Emboar It has the word Fire punch in its Dex description yet it does not learn fire punch, and Ferrowseed cant learn rapid spin i just don't think nintendo had their head in the game when designing move sets. More retardedness the most powerful fighting move emboar learns naturaly is arm thrust and it learns Roar at lvl 55! pokemon learn that at like lvl 2 for goodness sake
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Why is everyone so against Goth having close combat? Don't you agree that it needs better moves? Or do you want it to be hated forever?

Old June 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
pryce10

Quote:
Why is everyone so against Goth having close combat? Don't you agree that it needs better moves? Or do you want it to be hated forever?

CC is for the physicall attacker... like inferape or gallade... for Goth... it needs to learn focuse blast to take care of dark weakness like Alkazem... seriously look at its state and tell me how on earth goth is pysicall attacker...

Mamoswine FTW
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
I've seen some posts of yours that seem to have some correlation to Gothitelle learning x fighting move because it can? Gothitelle is better off being a special wall more than anything else. I don't care whats even said at this point, it's a fact that base 55 attack on a Psychic pokemon use a Non-stab move won't do anything on any Pokemon(shame on you if you mention Blissey). I mean, if you're going to do that, why not punch a fighting move on Alakazam for that matter(who, amusingly, has the same base attack as Gothitelle, so this comparison can be made)

And I have a question: Why are you so against having Gothitelle learning Focus Blast? Not even that, slap CM on it and have spam HP Fighting. I will just about guarantee you that it will always do more damage that anything close combat or any physical fighting move that you could ever give it.

Just some advice here, is all. In fact, I will personally show you why each and every move you listed is wrong:

Quote:
Close Combat
Karate Chop
Cross Chop
Reversal
Focus Punch
High jump kick
Karate Chop/Cross Chop = Base 55 attack. Enough said. Same for Reversal. Not like it's going to work anyway even if you're at low HP.

Focus Punch = Doesn't work unless you have sub up. IMO. Gothitelle could use SubCM, but I don't think thats the best strategy ever since you need something to recover off that substitute damage or it become priority and weather weak, along with being revenge kill bait.

High Jump Kick = It missed! GG Gothitelle.

---

To be on topic, Lilligant needs better movepool, IMO. Quiver Dance/Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/HP Fire

...If only it could learn sludge bomb. ):

Last edited by Zorua; June 14th, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:01 PM
pryce10

I really wish every speciall attacking pysics to be able to learn Focuse blast.

Mamoswine FTW
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM
ohsoRANDOM.
totally, utterly unnecessary.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to ohsoRANDOM. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohsoRANDOM.
lol, a Lilligant is alright I guess, but it's the ultimate Grass-type sweeper.

Own Tempo Lilligant + Miracle Seed/Meadow Plate + Quiver Dance/Teeter Dance/STAB Petal Dance/Synthesis = boombah<3

Also, I agree Gothitelle is better as a special wall, rather than anything else. Giving it more Fighting attacks ruins her purpose, it would rather be better with Charm to take care of those physical Dark-types, and Shadow Ball to get rid of Ghost-types.
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoRANDOM. View Post
lol, a Lilligant is alright I guess, but it's the ultimate Grass-type sweeper.

Own Tempo Lilligant + Miracle Seed/Meadow Plate + Quiver Dance/Teeter Dance/STAB Petal Dance/Synthesis = boombah<3
It's kind of a shame that one taunt on Lilligant ruins that entire moveset. .__.; That's why I'm not so fond of it having so many status moves and whatnot.
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
...Gothitelle wouldn't even be able to use Close Combat correctly. I'm all for being a big fan of a Pokemon, but I think the fact that Gothitelle is your favorite is getting the better of you here.

Now, Emboar could have made use of Close Combat though.
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
ohsoRANDOM.
totally, utterly unnecessary.

Send a message via AIM to ohsoRANDOM. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohsoRANDOM.
Well, the 3/4 of that is a set by itself, the last move can be Energy Ball or SolarBeam or something else, but it's recommended to be Synthesis, just because it's a sweeper/wall.

I seriously think Serperior should've learned Power Whip instead of Leaf Storm. I mean, it's obviously not cut out for special attacking, so why give it an attack that lowers the stat by two stages? I mean, Serperior doesn't learn Power Whip, but Venusaur does?

wtf troll freak.

...Then again, Leaf Storm is probably just there for all those who've managed to somehow encounter a DW Serperior/Snivy with Contrary. Then they can murder everyone with Leaf Storm.

Last edited by Forever; June 14th, 2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old June 15th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Lilligant needs something else to do... Mine has the Sleep Powder/Dream Eater combo since it was like the only non grass-type special move that would work with mine (mine had a crap HP type).

Eelektross with Water Pulse. It is an EleFISH Pokemon, after all.

Samurott line needs Earthquake. Frost Breath would be nice as well on it since you don't get Ice Beam till the postgame.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP