Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2011 (10:00 PM).
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
You've forgotten that there's more to Hogwarts than teachers and students. There are the house elfs, the 'nurse', the gamekeeper, and the caretaker. I think driving the train that delivers the students specifically to Hogwarts is part of a job being in Hogwarts.
Old May 24th, 2011 (07:50 AM).
mzmingle
Okay What?...

Nature: Relaxed
If you were asked a job in Hogwarts, would you accept? And what kind of job would it be?
Defense against the Dark Arts, Potions, Charms or Dumbledore's assistant lol =D

What do you think will your patronus be? A bunny? A cockroach?
Deer or Pony, probably.

Well, i'm back '

Oh yea, can I be the assistant head or watever?
Old May 24th, 2011 (07:58 AM).
Zeffy

Well, actually, I already did have someone as the Deputy Head (co-owner) but I seem to have forgotten to move the name. I'm really sorry, though. :'(
Old May 28th, 2011 (01:25 PM).
BlooMilk C.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Fine, fine, If you insist that unicorn are mythical creatures and don't exist, I guess my patronus would be a pony.
Old May 29th, 2011 (07:18 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
I'm not saying they don't exist, it's just that all Patronuses we've seen are real world animals.
Old May 29th, 2011 (07:55 AM).
Zeffy

So hey guys. I was thinking, when Harry Potter's birthday comes should we have a party in here or something? xD
Old May 29th, 2011 (01:25 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Zeffy:
Well, actually, I already did have someone as the Deputy Head (co-owner) but I seem to have forgotten to move the name. I'm really sorry, though. :'(
I thought you had forgotten me. D: But yay. <3

So hey guys. I was thinking, when Harry Potter's birthday comes should we have a party in here or something? xD
YES WE SHOULD. I feel like we should have like... a week-long chain of little events or something like that.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old May 29th, 2011 (03:52 PM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

I wouldn't mind that. We could try to make the club more active and get more members! :D

#mal

#books

#

Old May 29th, 2011 (08:50 PM).
Felly
The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly
That sounds fun! It would definitely give me something to look forward to. xD
Old May 29th, 2011 (10:47 PM).
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Deja vu? xD;
Anyway, yeah. Celebrating Harry's Birthday would be pretty fun. xDD;;
Old May 30th, 2011 (12:56 AM). Edited May 30th, 2011 by mzmingle.
mzmingle
Okay What?...

um can I be the Co-Co owner?
lol
YES WE SHOULD HAVE A PARTY!
Wait...this may be a dumb question, but when is it?

btw, my sig is soon gonna be Harry Potter-ified
Old May 30th, 2011 (02:15 AM).
Tetra
The Long Tail Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Ooh, Harry Potter Fan Club!
Name: Jake
What house are you in?: Hufflepuff
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort.
Describe your wand: 9 inch, Emerald Gems are on it.
Are you excited to see the finale movie of Harry Potter? What scenes are you excited the most? Will you be disappointed if those scenes aren't included?
Well, I'm not sure actually. Um...., Voldemort trying to kill harry?
Um, I would kinda actually be disappointed.
#190 Aipom
Supporter Collab V: Babies!
paired with Hoenn

Old May 30th, 2011 (12:55 PM).
Felly

Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly
If Voldemort killing Harry was cut, we wouldn't have a movie. xD

I'm hoping that Lupin bursting into Shell Cottage to announce Teddy's birth isn't cut. I was disappointed that he didn't have a huge role in part 1, so I'm a little happier that he's getting a slightly bigger role in part 2 since he fights in the war.
Old May 30th, 2011 (05:55 PM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Good idea. Why not Neville's too?

Quote:
If Voldemort killing Harry was cut, we wouldn't have a movie. xD
I can't wait for the part where they jump off the tower holding hands to their deaths. XD
Old May 31st, 2011 (01:16 AM).
Zeffy

I was disappointed when Lupin didn't come on Grimmauld Place on Part 1 so I'm hoping that they didn't cut that part! and if they cut that part where Harry dies and Dumbledore talks to him I swear I'm gonna sue them lol

Oh and mzmingle: Deputy Head = Co-owner. I just gave it a better name. P:

So we should have a week of little sort of events and each day a different person manages it? That could be fun. :3
Old June 3rd, 2011 (09:23 AM).
mzmingle
Okay What?...

yea =D

btw, shouldn't we make some Harry Potter Roleplays, banners, etc.
Old June 5th, 2011 (09:49 AM).
Felly

Banners would be nice. I'm not sure how we'd do a role play though, but it sounds rather interesting.
Old June 16th, 2011 (06:17 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

So what do you all think "Pottermore" might be? JKR's next big thing?
Old June 17th, 2011 (08:08 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I hope it's just an extension of not-really-Harry-Potter related things in the Potter world. :D Like maybe more of those textbook things (like the magical creatures one and the Quidditch book [damn you, firefox dictionary, Quidditch is totally a word!]), or some novels about other events in wizarding history or future. I think the series wrapped up pretty solidly for Harry and I worry that basing a new series on the next generation, or continuing his story might cheapen the ending in book 7.

Unrelatedly:

New trailer for DH part 2. ;____; I am going to bawl at this movie guys. This trailer even makes me tear up.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 17th, 2011 (08:20 PM). Edited June 18th, 2011 by hellojazzii.
hellojazzii
s ♥ n e

Nature: Docile
may i join? :D i absolutely love the harry potter series!

What house are you in?: gryffindor.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): cherrywood, nine and a half inches, phoenix tail.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: yellow!

Quote originally posted by Lightning:
New trailer for DH part 2. ;____; I am going to bawl at this movie guys. This trailer even makes me tear up.
oh, i knoww. i got chills every single time i watched it (and i clicked the 'replay' button a lot) and i'm debating whether i watch it in theaters or wait for the dvd to come out because it's the very last movie and i want to put off watching it as long as possible (it sounds a bit silly, i know. ^__^; ), yet watching it in theaters is more fun for me but.. i'd rather cry at the death scenes by myself. xD;

edit:

i find the part where it shows baby!harry with the tear streaks on his face to be so heartbreaking. ):

born to be a ✰l a d y
Old June 17th, 2011 (08:33 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I can definitely relate. I can't wait to see this but at the same time, I'm dreading it because I know it's the end. Except then that pottermore thing leaked out so now I'm not sure what to think. But it's still the end of the saga I grew up with so. ;~;

I'm gonna see it with my best friends from HS. We came out of the first part and went "midnight showing for part 2?" and all nodded in agreement. I'm even cutting a vacation short so I can fly back home and see it with them. And I have one friend who'll cry even more than I will so we'll sit next to each other and not be ashamed at all to be bawling at the sad parts. XD;

tumblrtwitter

Old June 18th, 2011 (07:04 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Someone was criticizing how Rowling ended the final confrontation was a "big anti-climatic farcical let-down". He further stated that the flashing lights, canon correction, and new dialogues will add action to the movie. Either this person is more of an action-type movie-goer, or I don't know what. I'd love to ask him how would he have written that "showdown" scene.

To me, I think because this series have been running for so long, we were awaiting some kind of "stare-down" between Voldemort and Harry, and after so much has happened from Book 1 to Book 6, we're so ready to take him down now, no matter how Rowling ended it. What do you guys think?
Old June 18th, 2011 (09:44 AM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

That's kind of how I felt. I didn't care exactly how it ended, so long as it did and in a mostly happy way.

I do kind of hope that the movie concentrates a bit more on the deaths at Hogwarts in the end. D: iirc in the book, Harry just mutely walks past and takes note of them as he heads for the forest and I didn't feel it did justice to the many established characters (instead of blank faces) who died. :c

tumblrtwitter

Old June 19th, 2011 (06:24 AM).
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Quote originally posted by Lightning:
iirc in the book, Harry just mutely walks past and takes note of them as he heads for the forest and I didn't feel it did justice to the many established characters (instead of blank faces) who died.
I'd feel that way too though, in a daze and not looking left or right at his companions. And at that point, he was the one who's life was in most jeopardy, because he was the one facing Voldemort, not anybody else. So their current situations weren't as important as what he was going through then. Quite understandable.
Old June 19th, 2011 (06:45 AM).
Zeffy

I probably won't be here to nerdgasm over the movie after I watch it, but man I am VERY excited. XD

Sponsored Links