The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice

Advertise here
This hack is currently on an indefinite hiatus. If you want to see my most recent ROM hack, Pokémon Gaia, click me.


Pokémon Cobalt

Cobalt is a ROM Hack of Pokémon Firered BPRE in English.

Entei, Raikou and Suicune are part of a trio known as the legendary Beasts. The Beasts all possess items of great power; the Molten Garnet, the Arctic Lapis-Lazuli and the Charged Topaz. If brought together, the items will create an energy with the potential of reshaping continents; flattening mountains; evaporate oceans. Team Aura have set out to capture the Beasts, to harness this energy.

Your brother won the Felith Pokémon League a few years ago. Now it's your turn to have an adventure in the world of Pokémon! After choosing either Treecko, Torchic or Mudkip, your adventure begins! Along the way, you'll investigate the shady Team Aura, venture to the Hoenn region, discover new Pokémon, win badges, go to a virtual world, battle trainers, and, at the end of it all, become a Pokémon Champion! What are you waiting for? Leap into the world of Felith in Pokémon Cobalt!

Features (in Beta 1.4)

  • Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos Pokémon. Be prepared to encounter Pokémon such as Sylveon, Sandile, Riolu and more!
  • Updated mechanics. The Generation 4 physical / special / status split, updated moves and learn sets, the Fairy-type, Generation 4, 5 and 6 moves and more.
  • Hidden Grottoes. These hold rare Pokémon and items!
  • Gold Poké Balls. Try and collect them all for special prizes.
  • Access to Hoenn. Connected via Slateport City, your journey will take you through both Felith and Hoenn!
  • Rock Climb and Climbable Walls. HM05 Rock Climb requires no badge to be used, and allows access to secrets and rewards!

Screenshots











Known bugs and oddities

  • Saving does not work. You must use Save States.
  • Refrain from using Autofire A or any speed up options when taking part in the Berryfall Bridge Juicing Contest.
  • The textbox that says "the caught Pokémon was sent to the Box" does not display.
  • Juices have no sprites yet.
  • Running when dressed in the Team Aura uniform will glitch the sprite.
  • Moves without their new animations simply use Pound's animation.
  • Camouflage is just bugged - it doesn't do what it's supposed to, it hurts the user, and sometimes misses!
  • The Move Relearner's interface shows a Fairy-type icon.
  • Some Pokémon still do not have updated sprites.

Special Thanks and Credits

Tools used


Downloads

  • Cobalt Beta 1.4
    Release Date: 18th February 2014
    Notes: Fixes loads of bugs, introduces the Fairy-type, completely overhauls certain parts of the game (including maps, flags, scripts, the level curve, Hoenn is no longer accessible, etc.). Essentially what 1.0 was to Dark Cobalt, but for 1.3. Four Gyms. Ends at Corona Walk.
    Mirrors: sphericalice.co | sendspace
  • Cobalt Beta 1.0
    Release Date: 2nd August 2013
    Notes: Completely redid Dark Cobalt, with a new name, new maps, rescripted events, and more. Four Gyms. Ends at Ash Hills. Very buggy.
  • Dark Cobalt Beta 1
    Release Date: 7th July 2011
    Notes: This version is very outdated, is no longer supported, and is only up for archival purposes.
__________________

Last edited by hashtag; July 5th, 2014 at 12:57 AM.
  #2    
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
I have a question: would people prefer a shorter, closer alpha, or a longer, but further away alpha?

Teaser:
I'll eventually change the Rocket OW for Team Aura OWs
__________________

Last edited by Spherical Ice; February 1st, 2014 at 12:46 PM.
  #3    
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
This all looks good :3
And to be honest I'd rather wait for an official beta. They'd be more stuff for us to do in the game. :D
__________________
gone.
  #4    
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:16 AM
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upside-downia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Yay, Dark Cobalt is back :3

You've always been able to make the generic FR tiles look far better in your game than most others. But can I make a few suggestions? In the eighth screenshot the pond/ lake would look much better if it had greater rounding around it's edges (which you can do by using tiles 1AB and 1AC in a regular tileset). The last screenshot also shows a small ledge being sucked into a mountain - While I can see this as being useable I generally find it preferable to end the ledge is it's regular fashion. Your screenshot are still looking great though and I would have to agree that a beta would be preferable to an alpha.

I also think Ben is pretty smexy.
__________________
  #5    
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
This all looks good :3
And to be honest I'd rather wait for an official beta. They'd be more stuff for us to do in the game. :D
Thanks, and okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Yay, Dark Cobalt is back :3

You've always been able to make the generic FR tiles look far better in your game than most others. But can I make a few suggestions? In the eighth screenshot the pond/ lake would look much better if it had greater rounding around it's edges (which you can do by using tiles 1AB and 1AC in a regular tileset). The last screenshot also shows a small ledge being sucked into a mountain - While I can see this as being useable I generally find it preferable to end the ledge is it's regular fashion. Your screenshot are still looking great though and I would have to agree that a beta would be preferable to an alpha.

I also think Ben is pretty smexy.
\o/

Thanks. I actually have changed that since I took that screenshot. Thanks anyway. And I've fixed the ledge too. Okay, so far beta is winning.



Will the doors ever close? Will Ben ever find true happiness?
Find out next time. The same bat-time, the same bat-channel.
__________________

Last edited by Spherical Ice; June 18th, 2011 at 04:52 AM.
  #6    
Old June 18th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Chimchar 9's Avatar
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England, Southampton.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
This looks fantastic! I like the way you presented your hack, I also love your storyline, it sounds very interesting. Another thing, will you change the palettes a little? Not a major change though. Urm... and maybe change the hero Ow?

Anyway, I wish you good luck! I also want a beta, and not an alpha.
__________________
Pokemon Green Diamond
Status: On Hold.
  #7    
Old June 18th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
You already know I love this hack,and I'm so glad it's back now.
The tiles--although the original FR tiles--look really nice with your mapping.
I think that maybe using the emerald grass would be a good idea though.
Also, any screens of the fakemon?
Oh, and release the beta whenever you want. Take your time with it.
__________________

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #8    
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
This looks fantastic! I like the way you presented your hack, I also love your storyline, it sounds very interesting. Another thing, will you change the palettes a little? Not a major change though. Urm... and maybe change the hero Ow?

Anyway, I wish you good luck! I also want a beta, and not an alpha.
Thanks! I'm not so sure what to change the palettes to, so for now they're going to remain the same. As for the player overworld, I've definitely got plans for that. The same applies for the Gym Leaders, Team Aura, the rivals, etc. etc.

Thanks again, and I'm probably going to stick with a beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
You already know I love this hack,and I'm so glad it's back now.
The tiles--although the original FR tiles--look really nice with your mapping.
I think that maybe using the emerald grass would be a good idea though.
Also, any screens of the fakemon? :)
Oh, and release the beta whenever you want. Take your time with it.
Hey, I guess it's only me who hates my mapping, whatever. I dunno about Emerald grass, for now I'm keeping it as it is. I'm probably going to reveal a few fakemon soon, but I can't right now because I'm a lazy so and so they aren't actually inserted yet. :x

__________________

Last edited by Spherical Ice; June 18th, 2011 at 06:46 AM.
  #9    
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty

There should be shading on the building where the roof meets the walls. Jus sayin'

Apart from that ... Yay :D
__________________
gone.
  #10    
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Slicer224's Avatar
Slicer224
Pokemon Amethyst-WIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In the Middle of Nowhere
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Very nice looking. I like the story as well, keep up the good work!
__________________
Pokemon Amethyst
The hack I'm working on, thread coming soon!
  #11    
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post

There should be shading on the building where the roof meets the walls. Jus sayin'

Apart from that ... Yay :D
Aha! That's what was wrong. Thought something looked off. Thanks.

I've fixed it, but I reuploading means playing through the whole game again, so yeah. It is fixed though. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicer224 View Post
Very nice looking. I like the story as well, keep up the good work!
Thanks!

--

Thanks to diegoisawesome's awesome research, I've removed the "Previously on your quest" part. It was glitchy anyway. :D

__________________

Last edited by Spherical Ice; June 18th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
  #12    
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice

A video showing some undercover work you do for Cobalt/Cyan about Team Aura...or a fetch quest - take your pick.
__________________
  #13    
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:47 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
I'm glad to see it back! :3 You always seem to make FR tiles look good. Definitely better than my hack, at least. I'll look forward to a beta. :D
__________________
  #14    
Old June 19th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
I'm glad to see it back! :3 You always seem to make FR tiles look good. Definitely better than my hack, at least. I'll look forward to a beta. :D
Thanks, and I wouldn't know, I haven't seen your hack. >: Thanks again!


Jack is back!
__________________
  #15    
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:54 AM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hey, that team Aura headquarters -script looks pretty nice !
Keep it up, this hack seems to have potential to go far
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
  #16    
Old June 19th, 2011, 08:57 AM
M.L's Avatar
M.L
Busy atm
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
i doubt we have spoken but i have to say looks great its sricts look deent maps look great you make the Fr tiles work i will be honest most fr tiles look well bad but you make em look great hmmm i like the story line with the jewels (whatever they are called ) i thinks its awsome haha its orginal and i like the concept ..... uhm well good luck i will always be a supporter lol
__________________
Fluffy
  #17    
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Hey, that team Aura headquarters -script looks pretty nice !
Keep it up, this hack seems to have potential to go far :)
Thanks. It's not that good if I'm honest - the player hardly has any control except walking up to the guard. :/ Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post
i doubt we have spoken but i have to say looks great its sricts look deent maps look great you make the Fr tiles work i will be honest most fr tiles look well bad but you make em look great hmmm i like the story line with the jewels (whatever they are called ) i thinks its awsome haha its orginal and i like the concept ..... uhm well good luck i will always be a supporter lol
I think I managed to decipher this. Thanks, most people have been saying I make the FR tiles look good, but that's not true because the FR tiles /are/ good. The story really revolves around the Static Fur, Molten Rock and Arctic Shard but I guess you're talking about the Power Sapphires. Thanks anyway. :D

Some new/unseen screenshots:

And a video:
__________________
  #18    
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
:O Cardboard trees ... This is blasphemy!!!
Professor Redwood seems kind ... a bit to kind.
I mean these sapphires and a Pokémon. Something must be up xD
__________________
gone.
  #19    
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:33 AM
M.L's Avatar
M.L
Busy atm
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
CARDBOARD...... CARDboard ...... cardboard
i have to say now thats original haha awsome sreenies
__________________
Fluffy
  #20    
Old June 19th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
:O Cardboard trees ... This is blasphemy!!!
Professor Redwood seems kind ... a bit to kind.
I mean these sapphires and a Pokémon. Something must be up xD
Nah, he'll have quite a few tasks for you in return when you meet him at his lab. After all, unlike most Professors, he has no aides. >:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post
CARDBOARD...... CARDboard ...... cardboard
i have to say now thats original ;) haha awsome sreenies
:D Thanks


A preview of the not-yet-scripted Fire Gym. :D
(yeah, I've noticed the tile error in the second screen ;o;)
__________________
  #21    
Old June 19th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Nah, he'll have quite a few tasks for you in return when you meet him at his lab. After all, unlike most Professors, he has no aides. >:


:D Thanks


A preview of the not-yet-scripted Fire Gym. :D
(yeah, I've noticed the tile error in the second screen ;o

Woaah! D: That's worse then Elm and his one Aide. >:

Anyway the firegym looks good.
But here is a suggestion.There's water in the bottom floor you could replace it with LAVA :D To give it the fire fym taste :3
__________________
gone.
  #22    
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Chimchar 9's Avatar
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England, Southampton.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
The updates look really nice! I love how the Professor gives us an energetic Psyduck, and makes us look after it and chasing it around the place. xD

I also love the great idea of knocking down a cardboard tree! That's so different to any other hack. :D

I hope to see a new feature in the next few updates or so! Good luck!
__________________
Pokemon Green Diamond
Status: On Hold.
  #23    
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Woaah! D: That's worse then Elm and his one Aide. >:

Anyway the firegym looks good.
But here is a suggestion.There's water in the bottom floor you could replace it with LAVA :D To give it the fire fym taste :3
Exactly, you can hardly expect him to look after a Psyduck like that on his own.

Thanks. And yeah, lava - you have to walk through that water. It's basically the idea of a hot spa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
The updates look really nice! I love how the Professor gives us an energetic Psyduck, and makes us look after it and chasing it around the place. xD

I also love the great idea of knocking down a cardboard tree! That's so different to any other hack. :D

I hope to see a new feature in the next few updates or so! Good luck! :)
Thanks!

I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve, so I hope you'll be satisfied. :D
__________________
  #24    
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Bisharp's Avatar
Bisharp
Patched up, Crazy Matryoshka
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loud & Clear, 524!
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Bisharp
This hack looks like it's gonna be great, I can't wait for open beta! c:
I could do some trainer sprites for the people that need them, I just need references. I'm not exactly the best sprite editor in the world so don't expect something that's super flashy.
__________________
  #25    
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisharp View Post
This hack looks like it's gonna be great, I can't wait for open beta! c:
I could do some trainer sprites for the people that need them, I just need references. I'm not exactly the best sprite editor in the world so don't expect something that's super flashy.
If I'm honest, I can't wait for the beta either. :D

And thanks for the offer! I'll probably do most, but if I need some help, I'll be knockin' at your door. :D

Fixed the tile error, and a few new screens of the Gym.
(which now only needs the Gym Leader to be scripted!)
__________________

Last edited by Spherical Ice; June 20th, 2011 at 06:35 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.