• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Just popping in here. Though I don't RP much anymore, it's great scrolling through the index page and seeing the RP forums as one of the few active ones. I may try to start up again with RPing like three years ago, but I've become busy and only have about a moth of free time to RP in.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Super-Mudkipz- The Halo idea is great, and I would totally join! Except one thing: Will we be Spartan II's like the Master Chief, or Spartan IIIs? I'd say there would be more freedom in making them Spartan III's, as the characters in general in the books are more free-spirited and vocal than their Spartan II counterparts. Sure, Spartan II's are better and stronger, but Spartan III's have a lot more room for character development. Anyways, up to you. Either way, I'd be totally interested.

@XxSweatDreamsxX Don't worry! People are still posting, as will I, as soon as I make my post. :) But I think the problem you run into is that you're using all of the regions, and we are just too spread out. The area is too big, but there's not quite enough people. Perhaps some NPC's, like FourCartridge suggested?

Years
so it's basically not a TRP :) the idea seems nice! but to be honest it's a little messy. but if you manage to make a plot out of it it'll be great!

Of course, all new ideas are messy at one point or another. That, and I have difficulty with finer details. If anyone wants to help and possibly co-GM, feel free to ask.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Don't worry! People are still posting, as will I, as soon as I make my post. :) But I think the problem you run into is that you're using all of the regions, and we are just too spread out. The area is too big, but there's not quite enough people. Perhaps some NPC's, like FourCartridge suggested?

Idk how NPCs work. X'D
I could try limiting the areas, but how would we move everyone again? Earthquake?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Idk how NPCs work. X'D
I could try limiting the areas, but how would we move everyone again? Earthquake?

An NPC is a non-player character, basically people you create and can use besides your SU characters. In some RPs, everyone can use these, others are restricted to just the GM using.

IDK how an earthquake will work, but maybe you could invent some NPCs to tell the heroes to go to one region, like to the Hoenn or Kanto region to start, because of a tip that Arceus is there (when in reality he is not), that way, people will have a better chance to interact with one another. Then another few NPC can go up to the villains and let them know which regions the heroes are located in. Then we can all be in that region. From there, we can all move towards another region if need be again. Everyone staying in one region is the key, I believe.

Just a thought. You don't have to listen to me, just thought I'd help. :)

BY THE WAY: If anyone would like to join my RP, the Pokemon Odyssey, SU's are still being accepted, even now. :) Get on board while it's not too late! But please post SUs in the OOC thread.

Last edited:

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
BY THE WAY: If anyone would like to join my RP, the Pokemon Odyssey, SU's are still being accepted, even now. Get on board while it's not too late! But please post SUs in the OOC thread.

Well the RP's almost finished, and you said you're gonna make a prequel. So that's Pokemon Odyssey II or something like that. So maybe people can join it when that starts?

The TRP has some progress thanks to Vegeta and my 'gang' 's help xD

and anybody knows that will RPs be accepted if we post them now?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I believe RHCP left someone to accept RPs, but not sure 100%.

And I agree, Lu. I should put off others signing up, at least until I make a sequel, that is, IF I make a sequel...

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Where is everybody!? *rips hair out*

The TRP, how's that going?

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Haha I'm maybe a week away from posting mine. Just adjusting a few tid bits. It'll be for experienced players because I do not want it to die! I have everything planned out so it'll be great!

REALLY GREAT!!!

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Anybody heard of Agatha Christie and her novel, And Then There Were None?

How about an RP like that?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Where is everybody!? *rips hair out*

The TRP, how's that going?

It's going well, If I do say so myself. Plot is basically written out. Now we're discussion other minor details. :)

Super-Mudkipz

Lieker of Mudkipz
Years
I have an Idea:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

There is no name or organized plot but that is what I have thought up so far.

Like it? Don't like it? Would you join it?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I have an Idea:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

There is no name or organized plot but that is what I have thought up so far.

Like it? Don't like it? Would you join it?

I've just had flashes of a modern military RP, complete with commandos, bomb disarming, target finding, and other high-profile assignments. Not something I've seen before and definently something I'd be willing to look into, if the plot is decent and detailed enough.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
I've just had flashes of a modern military RP, complete with commandos, bomb disarming, target finding, and other high-profile assignments. Not something I've seen before and definently something I'd be willing to look into, if the plot is decent and detailed enough.

Isnt that a little like my War RP? Commandos, bombs, spying, military... xD

just joking. but is there a twist?

Super-Mudkipz

Lieker of Mudkipz
Years
@ SuperVegeta: That is what I was thinking of.

@ Aura: It willl be different than your RP and I will plan a possible twist.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
I would love to see some more mature Pokémon RPs, in the sense that characters deal with more than just a journey to be the best they can be at whatever it is they do, and are slightly older than the usual demographic (and perhaps without the sob-story histories*). Trying to think of my own plots for them is tough though because I want to be involved successful roleplays, not ones that people will lose interest in - it feels like a waste of time and brain power.

*Not saying they're a bad thing, just that I see one or two in every roleplay.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Aura.Lucario

Not quite, you see, I imagine this RP with more military protocol, and no Pokemon. Also, there most likely will be ranking systems, well, at least ones that makes sense. At least that's how I see it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I would love to see some more mature Pokémon RPs, in the sense that characters deal with more than just a journey to be the best they can be at whatever it is they do, and are slightly older than the usual demographic (and perhaps without the sob-story histories*). Trying to think of my own plots for them is tough though because I want to be involved successful roleplays, not ones that people will lose interest in - it feels like a waste of time and brain power.

*Not saying they're a bad thing, just that I see one or two in every roleplay.
This is exactly what i try to look for! you should have seen my last roleplay; misfits. it was based on misfits the tv series but it was great because i made everyone older (everybody was out of school at least) and everyone was a criminal of somesort. true, everyone seemed to go for the i was a dark teenager, brought up in a mafia background. then i was caught because i was betrayed by ... sort of approach but it worked really well since pokemon were only really a minor role (they did play a role though d: ). i like those kinds of rps; ones that spend less time worrying about the battles and more time worrying about the storyline! mine are more... based on creativity on the writer i guess. i try to give roleplayers their room while still holding a storyline. theres no such thing as pokemon moves, i hate mary-sues and i try to encourage no more than 4 pokemon. I also love dark ones, that dont hesitate to show blood or romance. PG 17 is my favourite genre. d:

im about to start a new one soon which i think... you may like!

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
I'm back >.< Lawl. I missed the PC-RP section very much. After moving residences, I decided to check on PC, but apparently, the site wouldn't load...until now. I'd just like to say sorry to everyone who's RP I've left without notice ^^ Starting today, Ace is back to RPing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back