• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen What attacks should Unova Pokemon learn, but didn't?

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Maybe some kinda head attack she has a very pointy large head.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

Headbutt is okay. I'm not all to crazy about it lol

The pokemon fanbase of course.

Each Pokemon has their own fanbase. Lots of people like some Pokemon (like Tyranitar) while very few people like some others. It's probably going to be impossible to change the popularity level of any kind of Pokemon because generally a reason why a person likes _______ is because of its design, name, and other style stuff that's specific to that Pokemon, not so much the moveset. I mean if you gave Gothitelle like wings or something that might radically change some people's opinions (for better and/or worse) but simply changing some moves that aren't going to be very good at all for it anyway won't change much. Besides, you should revel in the fact that you're one of the few people that likes that Pokemon, not try to force other people to like it. If everyone liked it, wouldn't it be less special?

I wish that Haxorus got a Fire-type move (preferably physical!!). It'd be even better then. :(

Years
You have to realize that each and every Pokemon has a specific and distinct purpose. Gothitelle's purpose is to be a special attacker/wall to those who use it. If you personally use yours for a different purpose, thats fine, no one could really force you otherwise no matter how questionable it may be, but Gothitelle in general is accepted as a Pokemon that is unable to use any physical move whatsoever because of it's abysmal attack power.

Gallade is a far better physical psychic, if anything.
I mean that Gothitelle is not really accepted in general. Alot of people hate her in fact 1 out of 10 fans will like her. I know it's an opinion thing but can you see where Im coming from and why I would want to make her this god mod Pokemon?

I use mine as a special attacker now sense I now about stats. I used to use mine as a Phsycal attaker. It only had one special move come to think of it. The rest was Brick break, Rock slide and Low sweep.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
You don't have to make it anything different. People will like it if they like it and if they don't, sucks for them.

Klingklang needs some kind of non-Steel, non-Normal physical move so it can actually abuse its signature stat-up move. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Personally, I despise Gothitelle due to its design, but that's my opinion.
What ISN'T my opinion is that Gothitelle has absolutely awful physical attack, so Close Combat, although powerful, wouldn't do much of anything on anything other than Chansey or something. Gothitelle just isn't built for physical attacks at all, so it's a pretty pointless move to give it, that's why she doesn't get it.
EDIT: Also, I highly doubt that the "1 out of 10 actually like Gothitelle" is a real statistic. I do believe she is a rather unliked Pokemon, but I doubt that giving it a move it wouldn't be able to use at all would change that.

You're birds can use it well because they have half decent attack stats, while Gothitelle has a dismal physical attack of 55. Not so good, compared to the birds. I'm sure future generations will throw in usable special fighting moves, but now we just have 70% accuracy Focus Blast.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Uhm, Let's see

Samurott and Serperior are unable to learn earthquake... That doesn't make any sense at all, even empoleon is able to learn earthquake.

Ferroseed doesn't get rapid spin, which is also weird, considering his sprite...

And Conkeldurr and Emboar should've gotten Superpower via level up.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Uhm, Let's see

Samurott and Serperior are unable to learn earthquake... That doesn't make any sense at all, even empoleon is able to learn earthquake.

Ferroseed doesn't get rapid spin, which is also weird, considering his sprite...

And Conkeldurr and Emboar should've gotten Superpower via level up.
Conkeldurr already has Superpower via level up.

I can't help but wonder why Keldeo and the Tympole line got denied of Ice Beam. Every Water Pokemon but Magikarp has it.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I don't understand your logic, Gothitelle. You said earlier that it isn't acceptable to be a fan of Gothitelle. However, if you simply said that you are a fan, nobody would care. However, you whine about Gothitelle's moveset to the point that you don't even seem to be a fan of Gothitelle. That's why people think you're annoying. A true fan of a Pokemon accepts them for what they are and doesn't complain about them endlessly. I am an Elgyem/Beheeyem fan and you don't see me whining about their poor speed and mediocre defenses. And why do you think its "bad" and "perfectionistic" for a Pokemon to have good Attack and Special Attack stats? So Reuniclus (and Beheeyem) have better Sp. Attack stats. They serve different purposes than Gothitelle. And by the way, if you want a Physical Attacker Psychic so much, get a Gallade or Medicham then.

Gilgαmesh

Whimsicott should've hade a wider movepool than to leave everything grass. I suppose it's similar to Lilligant's situation, but Whimsicott has so much potential to do so much more, especially with it's Prankster ability. I wanted that ability to be abused to the fullest, but with more diverse and a wider set of moves. If anything, I would think poor Whimsicott is pretty much walled by any other grass type pokemon. D:

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2016
Whimsicott should've hade a wider movepool than to leave everything grass. I suppose it's similar to Lilligant's situation, but Whimsicott has so much potential to do so much more, especially with it's Prankster ability. I wanted that ability to be abused to the fullest, but with more diverse and a wider set of moves. If anything, I would think poor Whimsicott is pretty much walled by any other grass type pokemon. D:

Whimsicott also gets Hurricane which hits most grass types for SE damage. ^^

I would like some more moves for Serperior such as Earthquake (that goes for Samurott as well), Dragon Pulse, Power Whip, maybe some tail moves like Aqua Tail and yeah just more moves in general.
Samurott should get Earthquake, Shell Smash, Sacred Sword.. Hmm, if Serperior would get Aqua Tail, Samurott could get Leaf Blade so both get a move that fits their appearance from each other's type.
Stoutland should get Earthquake, I think it is big enough.
Liepard should get Dark Pulse.
Jellicent should get Giga Drain since it already gets Absorb.
Seismitoad and Keldeo should get Ice Beam.
Reuniclus should get Thunderbolt and Gothitelle Thunder..
Watchog should get Bullet Seed and Seed Bomb. (Black Pokédex entry: When they see an enemy, their tails stand high, and they spit the seeds of berries stored in their cheek pouches.)
there is probably more...
I'd also like, if Butterfree got Hurricane to go with its Compoundeyes ability.(The Butterfree Effect xD)
It would also be cool, if Zekrom's Bolt Strike would lose its signature move status and become available to some electric Pokémon who could use a good physical STAB such as Luxray, Electivire and Zebstrika.

That's it for now. I hope some people like my ideas.^^

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Leavanny should have gotten Night Slash and Brick Break. Look at scyther it gets them and they both have similar arms. And -Silver- you come over here now to talk about physical attacking Gothitelle >_< I told you on serebii to read it's stats more.

Years
I don't understand your logic, Gothitelle. You said earlier that it isn't acceptable to be a fan of Gothitelle. However, if you simply said that you are a fan, nobody would care. However, you whine about Gothitelle's moveset to the point that you don't even seem to be a fan of Gothitelle. That's why people think you're annoying. A true fan of a Pokemon accepts them for what they are and doesn't complain about them endlessly. I am an Elgyem/Beheeyem fan and you don't see me whining about their poor speed and mediocre defenses. And why do you think its "bad" and "perfectionistic" for a Pokemon to have good Attack and Special Attack stats? So Reuniclus (and Beheeyem) have better Sp. Attack stats. They serve different purposes than Gothitelle. And by the way, if you want a Physical Attacker Psychic so much, get a Gallade or Medicham then.

I dont complain about her endlesly. I just wish that she had fighting moves that's all. All I want is for it to be okay to think that Gothitelle is better and not have to copy Smoogens opinions.

The reason why I called Renuclus and Beheeyem perfect was because everyone always saus how they are god and that if I dont think they are better than I'm a fanboy with no taste.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

I dont complain about her endlesly. I just wish that she had fighting moves that's all. All I want is for it to be okay to think that Gothitelle is better and not have to copy Smoogens opinions.

The reason why I called Renuclus and Beheeyem perfect was because everyone always saus how they are god and that if I dont think they are better than I'm a fanboy with no taste.

Who on Smogon has ever called Beheeyem even near viable?

I feel like Sky Drop should have been better (and not a TM) since it's Wargle's signature move... In real life too.

Soo... At least a stronger version of Sky Drop (preferably exclusive too...)

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
Years

I mean that Gothitelle is not really accepted in general. Alot of people hate her in fact 1 out of 10 fans will like her.

...And you did this research where?

Also, why do you care?

While not pertaining to moves, I really wish GF would stop making Fire/Fighting starters.
Plus, Samurott should have been Water/Fighting. He's a goddamned Shogun, he's a warrior.

I think the reason Serperior doesn't have access to Earthquake is that it would wreck Emboar, since for once the Grass starter is faster than the Fire one.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

You love her except you want her to have a different type, ability, moveset, and different stats. You've mentioned all of those in various threads, by the way. So basically you like her design :x Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, there are plenty of Pokemon that I love the design of but don't think are viable to use competitively. Then there are Pokemon that I hate the design of that I use because they are viable. It's fine to only like her design, you should just accept it, lol.

Who on Smogon has ever called Beheeyem even near viable?

I feel like Sky Drop should have been better (and not a TM) since it's Wargle's signature move... In real life too.

Soo... At least a stronger version of Sky Drop (preferably exclusive too...)

And a version of Sky Drop that's not glitched so it can actually be used online. :c

Years

You love her except you want her to have a different type, ability, moveset, and different stats. You've mentioned all of those in various threads, by the way. So basically you like her design :x Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, there are plenty of Pokemon that I love the design of but don't think are viable to use competitively. Then there are Pokemon that I hate the design of that I use because they are viable. It's fine to only like her design, you should just accept it, lol.

But I dont just like her design. She's won me many battles :[

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay guys, that's it, no more mentioning Gothitelle here, because hey that ends up off-topic, with the member Gothitelle arguing why Gothitelle is awesome, with the recent posts showing that. Going to change the title too, so people don't come in here thinking it's only Gothitelle based. Really guys, there's a lot more Pokemon in Unova and there's a lot more attacks than the ones Gothitelle should learn.

Back