The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Shiny Victini
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Stunfisk needs Hyper Beam, Superpower, or lyk Judgement or somethin'. Just saying.
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Westie7
Trainer

Personally, I despise Gothitelle due to its design, but that's my opinion.
What ISN'T my opinion is that Gothitelle has absolutely awful physical attack, so Close Combat, although powerful, wouldn't do much of anything on anything other than Chansey or something. Gothitelle just isn't built for physical attacks at all, so it's a pretty pointless move to give it, that's why she doesn't get it.
EDIT: Also, I highly doubt that the "1 out of 10 actually like Gothitelle" is a real statistic. I do believe she is a rather unliked Pokemon, but I doubt that giving it a move it wouldn't be able to use at all would change that.

You're birds can use it well because they have half decent attack stats, while Gothitelle has a dismal physical attack of 55. Not so good, compared to the birds. I'm sure future generations will throw in usable special fighting moves, but now we just have 70% accuracy Focus Blast.
D: 1 P: N/A Pt: N/A
HG: 3 SS: N/A

Soft Resetting: 1
Random Encounter: 3

Last edited by Westie7; June 15th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Uhm, Let's see

Samurott and Serperior are unable to learn earthquake... That doesn't make any sense at all, even empoleon is able to learn earthquake.

Ferroseed doesn't get rapid spin, which is also weird, considering his sprite...

And Conkeldurr and Emboar should've gotten Superpower via level up.
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarmasecreta View Post
Uhm, Let's see

Samurott and Serperior are unable to learn earthquake... That doesn't make any sense at all, even empoleon is able to learn earthquake.

Ferroseed doesn't get rapid spin, which is also weird, considering his sprite...

And Conkeldurr and Emboar should've gotten Superpower via level up.
Conkeldurr already has Superpower via level up.

I can't help but wonder why Keldeo and the Tympole line got denied of Ice Beam. Every Water Pokemon but Magikarp has it.

Old June 18th, 2011, 07:33 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I'm stuck on Heat Wave......
Ho-oh and Reshiram....can not learn Heat Wave, yet they have wings " and they are Fire Types

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old June 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
I don't understand your logic, Gothitelle. You said earlier that it isn't acceptable to be a fan of Gothitelle. However, if you simply said that you are a fan, nobody would care. However, you whine about Gothitelle's moveset to the point that you don't even seem to be a fan of Gothitelle. That's why people think you're annoying. A true fan of a Pokemon accepts them for what they are and doesn't complain about them endlessly. I am an Elgyem/Beheeyem fan and you don't see me whining about their poor speed and mediocre defenses. And why do you think its "bad" and "perfectionistic" for a Pokemon to have good Attack and Special Attack stats? So Reuniclus (and Beheeyem) have better Sp. Attack stats. They serve different purposes than Gothitelle. And by the way, if you want a Physical Attacker Psychic so much, get a Gallade or Medicham then.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Gilgαmesh
Phantasmic ☆

Whimsicott should've hade a wider movepool than to leave everything grass. I suppose it's similar to Lilligant's situation, but Whimsicott has so much potential to do so much more, especially with it's Prankster ability. I wanted that ability to be abused to the fullest, but with more diverse and a wider set of moves. If anything, I would think poor Whimsicott is pretty much walled by any other grass type pokemon. D:

Calm like the wind, blow my worries away before me...
Cold like the moon, embrace my warmth...
And help me find company with the stars, so they can lead the way...
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
Breaker
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgαmesh View Post
Whimsicott should've hade a wider movepool than to leave everything grass. I suppose it's similar to Lilligant's situation, but Whimsicott has so much potential to do so much more, especially with it's Prankster ability. I wanted that ability to be abused to the fullest, but with more diverse and a wider set of moves. If anything, I would think poor Whimsicott is pretty much walled by any other grass type pokemon. D:
Whimsicott also gets Hurricane which hits most grass types for SE damage. ^^

I would like some more moves for Serperior such as Earthquake (that goes for Samurott as well), Dragon Pulse, Power Whip, maybe some tail moves like Aqua Tail and yeah just more moves in general.
Samurott should get Earthquake, Shell Smash, Sacred Sword.. Hmm, if Serperior would get Aqua Tail, Samurott could get Leaf Blade so both get a move that fits their appearance from each other's type.
Stoutland should get Earthquake, I think it is big enough.
Liepard should get Dark Pulse.
Jellicent should get Giga Drain since it already gets Absorb.
Seismitoad and Keldeo should get Ice Beam.
Reuniclus should get Thunderbolt and Gothitelle Thunder..
Watchog should get Bullet Seed and Seed Bomb. (Black Pokédex entry: When they see an enemy, their tails stand high, and they spit the seeds of berries stored in their cheek pouches.)
there is probably more...
I'd also like, if Butterfree got Hurricane to go with its Compoundeyes ability.(The Butterfree Effect xD)
It would also be cool, if Zekrom's Bolt Strike would lose its signature move status and become available to some electric Pokémon who could use a good physical STAB such as Luxray, Electivire and Zebstrika.

That's it for now. I hope some people like my ideas.^^
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Leavanny should have gotten Night Slash and Brick Break. Look at scyther it gets them and they both have similar arms. And -Silver- you come over here now to talk about physical attacking Gothitelle >_< I told you on serebii to read it's stats more.
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
I don't understand your logic, Gothitelle. You said earlier that it isn't acceptable to be a fan of Gothitelle. However, if you simply said that you are a fan, nobody would care. However, you whine about Gothitelle's moveset to the point that you don't even seem to be a fan of Gothitelle. That's why people think you're annoying. A true fan of a Pokemon accepts them for what they are and doesn't complain about them endlessly. I am an Elgyem/Beheeyem fan and you don't see me whining about their poor speed and mediocre defenses. And why do you think its "bad" and "perfectionistic" for a Pokemon to have good Attack and Special Attack stats? So Reuniclus (and Beheeyem) have better Sp. Attack stats. They serve different purposes than Gothitelle. And by the way, if you want a Physical Attacker Psychic so much, get a Gallade or Medicham then.
I dont complain about her endlesly. I just wish that she had fighting moves that's all. All I want is for it to be okay to think that Gothitelle is better and not have to copy Smoogens opinions.

The reason why I called Renuclus and Beheeyem perfect was because everyone always saus how they are god and that if I dont think they are better than I'm a fanboy with no taste.

Old June 24th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothitelle. View Post

I dont complain about her endlesly. I just wish that she had fighting moves that's all. All I want is for it to be okay to think that Gothitelle is better and not have to copy Smoogens opinions.

The reason why I called Renuclus and Beheeyem perfect was because everyone always saus how they are god and that if I dont think they are better than I'm a fanboy with no taste.
Who on Smogon has ever called Beheeyem even near viable?

I feel like Sky Drop should have been better (and not a TM) since it's Wargle's signature move... In real life too.

Soo... At least a stronger version of Sky Drop (preferably exclusive too...)

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
XaiXo
The ZombiePimp

Quote:

I mean that Gothitelle is not really accepted in general. Alot of people hate her in fact 1 out of 10 fans will like her.

...And you did this research where?

Also, why do you care?

While not pertaining to moves, I really wish GF would stop making Fire/Fighting starters.
Plus, Samurott should have been Water/Fighting. He's a goddamned Shogun, he's a warrior.

I think the reason Serperior doesn't have access to Earthquake is that it would wreck Emboar, since for once the Grass starter is faster than the Fire one.
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Quote:

You love her except you want her to have a different type, ability, moveset, and different stats. You've mentioned all of those in various threads, by the way. So basically you like her design :x Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, there are plenty of Pokemon that I love the design of but don't think are viable to use competitively. Then there are Pokemon that I hate the design of that I use because they are viable. It's fine to only like her design, you should just accept it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnotide View Post
Who on Smogon has ever called Beheeyem even near viable?

I feel like Sky Drop should have been better (and not a TM) since it's Wargle's signature move... In real life too.

Soo... At least a stronger version of Sky Drop (preferably exclusive too...)
And a version of Sky Drop that's not glitched so it can actually be used online. :c
PM
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

You love her except you want her to have a different type, ability, moveset, and different stats. You've mentioned all of those in various threads, by the way. So basically you like her design :x Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, there are plenty of Pokemon that I love the design of but don't think are viable to use competitively. Then there are Pokemon that I hate the design of that I use because they are viable. It's fine to only like her design, you should just accept it, lol.
But I dont just like her design. She's won me many battles :[

Old June 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Forever
let it go

Okay guys, that's it, no more mentioning Gothitelle here, because hey that ends up off-topic, with the member Gothitelle arguing why Gothitelle is awesome, with the recent posts showing that. Going to change the title too, so people don't come in here thinking it's only Gothitelle based. Really guys, there's a lot more Pokemon in Unova and there's a lot more attacks than the ones Gothitelle should learn.
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:22 PM
clancytar
Beginning Trainer

I agree that Gothitelle should really have gotten any of those moves but it might have been nice for it to have a slightly wider special movepool.

I have often wished for better abilities and moves for some of my favourite pokemon as well. Although I don't tend to stray too far from what is plausible.
My favourite pokemon aerodactyl I really wish it got brave bird, head smash and acrobat but its movepool is pretty wide otherwise. Sturdy would have been great for it but that ability doesn't really suit aerodactyl's frail constitution.
Another favourite of mine Poliwrath. Although I love how he can use swift swim and belly drum I really wish he had got no guard from the dream world. He could then be more awesome with abuseable dynamic punch, hydro pump and hypnosis.

as for serperior learning earthquake I don't think that really makes sense. Its a lithe, agile, grass snake. Making tremors is not its style. Samurrot could do with a wider physical movepool also, sacred sword would be nice but I don't think the muskateers would be willing to divulge their secrets.

anyway thats just my 2 cents
Old June 25th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Lost Christmas
Extra coated with nice hot syrup!
Community Supporter

Quote:

I think she needed because she has Brick Break and low sweep. Also it would make her a good fighter and not so hated. If you mixed:

Close Combat
Karate Chop
Cross Chop
Reversal
Focus Punch
High jump kick

with Swords Dance (a status move Gothitelle should have), you come up with one awesome fighter.
You got to look at height and weight of the pokemon which limits it's fighting moves.

I loved the fact they brought back Frenzy Plant and Hydro cannon ect.

~ Shihoko Hirata feat. Lotus - Beauty of Destiny ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~ MyAnimeList ~

Old June 25th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Anyways, I agree that Ferroseed/Thorn should have learned Rapid Spin. It would have made it a shoo-in for OU. It will probably already be in OU anyways. I think that was just Game Freak trolling us. Plus, Samurott should have learned Frost Breath by TM. That would have made my Ghetsis battle in my first playthrough much easier.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:34 PM
竜の子
Avy made by Trainer Touko

Nature: Brave
I think that Purrloin should learn Night SLash or any powerful Dark type move before long

Old June 25th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
My post is a little off topic...I apologize. I just saw comments about Pokemon that have moves as Level, Starting and Egg Moves. This has been common since Pokemon first began. Some Pokemon learn the same attack twice, once as a starting move and then again 2 moves later. Egg Moves...ever since they've been introduced they had Pokemon that had Egg Moves in their Level list as well as some Move Tutors. Its always been that way.

For the move pools...I really wished Larvesta and Volcarona learned the same moves. Their level lists are greatly different and you have to either keep Larvesta to learn like two of its best attacks then Evolve it, or evolve it then and there and either way be forced to use Heart Scales to get the good missed attacks Volcarona missed because it was a Larvesta.
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:36 PM
nchlzk
Beginning Trainer

Samurott needs to learn Sacred Sword and Shell Smash
Serperior needs Dragon Breath/Pulse and Aqua Tail and maybe have Psychic available as a TM
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:46 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchlzk View Post
Samurott needs to learn Sacred Sword and Shell Smash
Serperior needs Dragon Breath/Pulse and Aqua Tail and maybe have Psychic available as a TM
They won't give Samurott a legendary trio's signature move. I don't see Serperior getting psychic but I can see it with extrasensory.
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM
竜の子
Avy made by Trainer Touko

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
For the move pools...I really wished Larvesta and Volcarona learned the same moves. Their level lists are greatly different and you have to either keep Larvesta to learn like two of its best attacks then Evolve it, or evolve it then and there and either way be forced to use Heart Scales to get the good missed attacks Volcarona missed because it was a Larvesta.
Yeah,Larvesta w/out Volcarona's signature suck T.T

Old June 26th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Well, if you look at the stats, they're two ENTIRELY different Pokemon. Larvesta is a physical attacker while Volcarona is a special attacker. The generally accepted (at least competitively) moveset for Volcarona is Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Fiery Dance, and something like HP Rock, all things it can learn as a Volcarona as long as you evolved it at 59. :x
PM
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:31 AM
ohsoRANDOM.
totally, utterly unnecessary.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to ohsoRANDOM. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohsoRANDOM.
seriously, we need some Power Whip Serperior up in here
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here