• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Really nice hack, love how you map and the sprites dude, its a really good one, try to finish him. Also you forgot me on the credits =/ that's not nice.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Looks cool, you need workers, because i want to help someone making a successful hack.
Thanks. I don't use a team because 1.) it slows me down, 2.) I'm capable of doing almost anything associated with hacking on my own. I also prefer to have complete creative control over my project.
Congrats on HotM. Your hack is definitely one of the best on Progressing Hacks.
Thanks. Such a huge compliment.
Really nice hack, love how you map and the sprites dude, its a really good one, try to finish him. Also you forgot me on the credits =/ that's not nice.
Thanks. Also fixed. I really didn't even know. Minor misunderstanding.

To Do:
Currently In Progress; Done
  • Edit movesets [First 150 Pokemon are done]
  • Insert Trainer Sprites
  • Restore OW's
  • Restore World Map
  • Insert remaining ASM Routines
  • Restore Maps
  • Rescript up to Emerald Town

*When every thing on this list is done I will release a proper beta*

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Congratulations on finally getting HotM mate :P

The dedication you have put into this hack is amazing and your 'event Pokemon' idea is pretty unique in itself (I hope to see this continue in the future). I love the idea of varied sidequests as it really does make the game longer and gives the player a sense of accomplishment. This hack is by far, one of Progressing Hacks biggest stand outs for me.

Keep on truckin' and crank out that beta.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Congratulations on finally getting HotM mate :P

The dedication you have put into this hack is amazing and your 'event Pokemon' idea is pretty unique in itself (I hope to see this continue in the future). I love the idea of varied sidequests as it really does make the game longer and gives the player a sense of accomplishment. This hack is by far, one of Progressing Hacks biggest stand outs for me.

Keep on truckin' and crank out that beta.
Thanks. It surprises me that not many other hacks have the event pokemon feature implemented as it's fairly easy to implement.

Update
As you can see from the progress checklist I'm making a lot of headway with this hack. I just got through editing all of the Pokemon movesets [mainly Johto & Kanto as their FR movesets were atrocious]. I've inserted 70% of the trainer sprites so far. Then I'll be adding the Ow's. That said this hack should start pumping out fresh updates before the end of the month. Also with the first major update I'll introduce a new feature as well as revealing a list of the Event Pokemon [along with their release date and acquisition conditions] that are going to be released when the updated alpha is released. Hang tight =3

To Do:
Currently In Progress; Done
  • Edit movesets, TM/HM data
  • Insert Trainer Sprites
  • Restore OW's
  • Restore World Map
  • Insert remaining ASM Routines
  • Restore Maps
  • Rescript up to Emerald Town

*When every thing on this list is done I will issue a proper release*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
When i go to load the rom it just has a blank white screen? I did everything i believe, and nothing seems to work? Just letting you know

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #6

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted an actual update. Anyways, I've been hard at work working on this hack and just couldn't find time to update with something worthy enough. But I've finally got something! You've read about it in the opening post, you've heard rumors about it, they said I was a madman but now I introduce: SEASONS! [cue evil laughter] All jokes aside though, I really am introducing Seasons. Visual seasons at that. So far from what I've seen not many hacks have incorporated seasons. I don't know why but whatever, it's here.

Seasons run on real time and thus changes with the actual month according to your computer. I know a lot of hacks can be finished in a matter of days but by releasing seasonal betas I'll ensure that each seasons can be experienced by the player. The biggest season change is in Winter. That's when it becomes all snowy out. The trees, bushes, ground, paths etc. become paved in snow. Be warned though nothing will ice over [as in there will not be icicles hanging from the houses]. Maybe in the near future I'll add that but for now I love the tiles the way they are. There are, however, a few bugs with the Winter season that I have to work out. Namely the fact that automatic animations don't occur. This means that the water animations and the flower animations don't happen. I'm currently working on a way to fix this. I may just end up having the oceans/lakes freeze over = thus allowing you to slide over them. This won't be a big deal because, as you can see from the world map, there is only one mandatory body of water to traverse. Another bug is that the tileset refuses to turn all snowy in December. I don't know why but whatever. As of right now, it won't begin to snow until January 1st and the snow will last until April 1st. The seasons also dictate certain events, but I'll save those revelations until later. Without further ado, screenshots.

snow.png
snowy.png
regular.png

Note: The last screenshot is simply for comparison.

Hope everyone likes this rather small update. On my next update, I'm goign to introduce the Pokennect, any guesses as to what it can be? First person to PM with the right idea will get a cameo in the hack!

~QM

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
love the new pics and updates. specially the snow pics. idk if u fixed this bug since last time but every time u push A on the trees, a script comes up. i havnt played in a long time so i cant remember what it says. seems like toshiba messing ur computer up more was a good thing haha. looks like it motivated u even more. anyways, cant wait for the new release.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I can see that you took the indoor battle background, the cave battle background, their palettes, and the overworld for the youngster character directly from beta 2 of my hack without my permission. At the very least you could have listed my name in the credits, and I would've let it slide, but you didn't. It took a great amount of time and effort for me to get these visuals inserted into the game itself, so I'm kindly asking you to remove all of my content from your game. Thank you.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #7

Nice Hack! The pallets could be a little better, but very nice!
Thanks. I do like the pallets so I won't change them.
love the new pics and updates. specially the snow pics. idk if u fixed this bug since last time but every time u push A on the trees, a script comes up. i havnt played in a long time so i cant remember what it says. seems like toshiba messing ur computer up more was a good thing haha. looks like it motivated u even more. anyways, cant wait for the new release.
Haha, agreed. The whole mess up really lit a fire in me.
This looks really good. I like the season screenshots! I'll be keeping an eye on this hack. ;)

Good luck!
Thanks! The seasons is also one of my favorite features.

Update:
Hola folks, I'm back with another update. After a weekend of doing absolutely nothing related to hacking I decided to boot up the ol' hack and see what I could get done. Voila! In a few short hours I've managed to accomplish a buttload! But before we get to the screenshots there is something I want to elaborate on. That is the Realistic Weather Generator [RWG]. This isn't like most hacks which do random weather. In my hack the weather is pretty realistic. There will be no sandstorms in towns or it won't be snowing in the desert. Instead the hack will load the weather properly suited for both the environment and the season. This means that from March - June it will rain WAY more frequently than usual. During the winter it will obviously snow and so on. Another thing that seperates this from the Random Weather Generators of other hacks is that the weather affect won't wear off simply by leaving the map. Using a series of variables and flags makes it so that you're going to have to wait out the rain, like everyone else. Occasionally it will start to thunderstorm [but only after it has already been raining]. Also during the rain some people in the town will disappear [just like the kids do after 8pm] to avoid getting wet, and during a thunderstorm almost everyone will disappear [barring story-centric characters]. In short the RWG adds a lot of realism to the game and definitely influences what goes on during the course of the game, leading to a different playing experience for all involved.

Below are the screenshots, but here's a quick explanation:
I finally got all of the Battle backgrounds done, [thanks to the Spriters Resource] and they look quite nice if I do say so myself. There's a screenshot showing off the new OW's for Dr. Phenix [Rival's dad], Mrs. Phenix [Rival's mom], and Eris [Prof. Oak's guide/7th Gym Leader]. I decided I didn't like the ugly orange color in the Female Trainer's Trainer Card so I changed it to purple [which is one of my favorite colors, second to green]. I added the Cut Tree's from R/S/E as I thought they looked better and remapped a few places to make them look better. The EctoTeam is the team you may join for the minigame Who You Gonna Call that I announced a few months ago. Now without further ado:

SD77.png
SD75.png
SD78.png

SD71-1.png
SD76.png
SD72-1.png

Conclusion:
I just remembered! The Pokennect! Well out of the 9 guesses I got only one person came close to guessing what Pokennect was. It's a Key Item that functions like a PDA. It's like the Pokegear/Poketch. [It actually functions!]
Using it allows you to view the world map, the date, the time, as well as checking for what mystery events are available! The script for it is just about done but I am contemplating adding a "Radio" function and possibly removing the option to view what Mystery Events are coming up. If anyone has any ideas as to what else I should add to the Pokennect feel free to leave a reply stating your idea. The Pokennect is obtained in Beacon City after beating their leader and obtaining your second badge which means it will be obtainable in the first beta [which still has no release date].
My next update will include screenshots [or maybe a video] of the Pokennect in action! It will also include information regarding a third mini-game and whatever else I think of! Until then!

~QM

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I can see that you took the indoor battle background, the cave battle background, their palettes, and the overworld for the youngster character directly from beta 2 of my hack without my permission. At the very least you could have listed my name in the credits, and I would've let it slide, but you didn't. It took a great amount of time and effort for me to get these visuals inserted into the game itself, so I'm kindly asking you to remove all of my content from your game. Thank you.
That's false. I imported each of those myself using the this page right here:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmnplatinum/sheet/18502
Please don't acuse me of such things as I truly worked hard on everything I did. The cave palette I used was done to emulate the colors used by Manioulation in Sienna. If you'd like I can recolor them but don't go around acusing me of things. Regarding the youngster sprite, again I did this on my own, all i did was recolr the shirt and hat to match his battle sprite [which is the HG/SS one]. Give me a minute and I'll post his entire sprite library.

Edit: That's his entire sprite library, open it using NSE and look.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
That's false. I imported each of those myself using the this page right here:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmnplatinum/sheet/18502
Please don't acuse me of such things as I truly worked hard on everything I did. The cave palette I used was done to emulate the colors used by Manioulation in Sienna. If you'd like I can recolor them but don't go around acusing me of things.
As much as I'd like to be wrong, my argument still holds merit. If you take a look a comparison of both screenshots from their respective games they are exactly identical right down to every little detail with respect to the placement of the lines on the backgrounds and their palettes.

9348719841.png

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
As much as I'd like to be wrong, my argument still holds merit. If you take a look a comparison of both screenshots from their respective games they are exactly identical right down to every little detail with respect to the placement of the lines on the backgrounds and their palettes.

9348719841.png
As I said in the VM, I maintain that I stole nothing from you but out of respect I'll change them anyways. Give me 15 minutes and I'll provide screenshots of the new battlegrounds.

Edit: Sorry, I got preoccupied here's the new cave BG. The new indoors will be up in a few
Edit2: The indoors are up. As you can see I'm more than able to import my own battlebackgrounds.
newcaves.png
newinsides.png

Last edited:

jbeeber95

Miracle Painting
Years
It sucks that he had to do something like that to you :/. I like where this hack is going! I hope to give it a try after I play through half of the hacks I'm already playing!

Years
To be honest Quilava Master, I think you should change them back. Because you've proved that you didn't steal, and you can insert them yourself. ;)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
To be honest Quilava Master, I think you should change them back. Because you've proved that you didn't steal, and you can insert them yourself. ;)
No, I respect Frostbite so I changed them.. I already proved I can do it myself and that I didn't steal them but I want to make sure there is absolutely no room for any further acusations. Besides I quite like the new indoor looks as well as the cave [although I want to change the background color to something else but nothing really matches].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back