The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Baronnecro
AKA TolerantX

Nature: Careful
yes, must be difficult to make one of the "best" Pokemon hacks Metapod, we all hope you continue your work on this project.
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:07 AM
ZiegIce
Beginning Trainer

Check it, first post since I've joined this site.

Hey Metapod just wanted to say a few things:

First and foremost, I joined this forum simply from seeing your hack. I got into the whole hacked poke game scene because I loved yours so much. It has opened my eyes to so many other good hacks I've played through (I plan to go and post thankful messages to them as well). I was just playing through it again a few minutes ago as I anxiously await the next beta release. (literally I'm checking this thing every other day XD) Just saw your post about your inspiration loss as of late. I know the feeling, happens to me all the time with video editing XD But I hope you pull through and remember just how fun and awesome what you're creating is. Seriously I tell all my friends about your game and show it off as much as I can. I really can't wait to see the next beta release of yours, so don't lose hope! Finish at your own pace, but never give up! (would have said never say never but then beiber would have sued :\)

Phew, ok inspirational and a**kissing speech over now :3

Just 2 odd things I wanted to point out for your bug list, idk if this has happened to anyone else: During the charmander episode if you're party isn't empty for him to join a bunch of random characters appear in the box. Took me a minute to realize had to open a spot for him XD and also when doing the squirtle episode after you save pikachu with the super potion and squirtle is supposed to join you, my party was full and he never appeared in my box or my party. . .so I didn't get a squirtle. Quite sad actually lol. So just some things I wanted to point out.

Edit: And now sadly because I don't have squirtle, and my bulbasaur evolved already I won't get exp share from the fan club guy since I can't show the pokemon to the club members

Again keep doing what you're doing man. Don't get trapped in a rut!

Last edited by ZiegIce; June 30th, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:43 AM
gooogle
Beginning Trainer

I found a shiny magnemite in the power plant, was that supposed to happen?
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:46 PM
ZiegIce
Beginning Trainer

Probably not, the only shiny pokemon to appear in the anime was the red gyarados if i remember correctly.

But consider yourself lucky to get a shiny. Since this is a gen 3 game you had about an 8 in 65536% of a chance of finding one XD
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooogle View Post
I found a shiny magnemite in the power plant, was that supposed to happen?
You're pretty lucky =D It wasn't supposed to happen but it might as you can see =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiegIce View Post
But consider yourself lucky to get a shiny. Since this is a gen 3 game you had about an 8 in 65536% of a chance of finding one XD
Why so complicated? :D 1:8192 is easier to understand :D
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM
PaulGR
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
lol.... man some of the graphics are so good.... some of te graphics are like a joke.... well a very good hack by my opinion..... well done.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:51 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiegIce View Post
Check it, first post since I've joined this site.

Hey Metapod just wanted to say a few things:

First and foremost, I joined this forum simply from seeing your hack. I got into the whole hacked poke game scene because I loved yours so much. It has opened my eyes to so many other good hacks I've played through (I plan to go and post thankful messages to them as well). I was just playing through it again a few minutes ago as I anxiously await the next beta release. (literally I'm checking this thing every other day XD) Just saw your post about your inspiration loss as of late. I know the feeling, happens to me all the time with video editing XD But I hope you pull through and remember just how fun and awesome what you're creating is. Seriously I tell all my friends about your game and show it off as much as I can. I really can't wait to see the next beta release of yours, so don't lose hope! Finish at your own pace, but never give up! (would have said never say never but then beiber would have sued :\)

Phew, ok inspirational and a**kissing speech over now :3

Just 2 odd things I wanted to point out for your bug list, idk if this has happened to anyone else: During the charmander episode if you're party isn't empty for him to join a bunch of random characters appear in the box. Took me a minute to realize had to open a spot for him XD and also when doing the squirtle episode after you save pikachu with the super potion and squirtle is supposed to join you, my party was full and he never appeared in my box or my party. . .so I didn't get a squirtle. Quite sad actually lol. So just some things I wanted to point out.

Edit: And now sadly because I don't have squirtle, and my bulbasaur evolved already I won't get exp share from the fan club guy since I can't show the pokemon to the club members

Again keep doing what you're doing man. Don't get trapped in a rut!
Thanks for the compliments - I'm glad this hack could help inspire you.

Thanks to everyone else for the encouragement as well.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
KillerMontage
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys, I just recently started playing Ash gray, and this probably has been asked before, but how can I make me charmeleon obey? And if I can't because it's suppose to be like the anime 100%, then what should i do?
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMontage View Post
Hey guys, I just recently started playing Ash gray, and this probably has been asked before, but how can I make me charmeleon obey? And if I can't because it's suppose to be like the anime 100%, then what should i do?
You can either send it to the PC or you could attach the Exp Share to it and keep its level up - there are certain events that it will obey for in the next beta, but just for those event battles, and it will listen to you by the end of Orange Islands.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:18 PM
KillerMontage
Beginning Trainer

You put in the Orange islands season as well??? OMG AWESOME!!!

Thank you. And alright, so long as he will listen to me eventually then I'll keep him in my party. thanks.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:42 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
You can either send it to the PC or you could attach the Exp Share to it and keep its level up - there are certain events that it will obey for in the next beta, but just for those event battles, and it will listen to you by the end of Orange Islands.
By that you mean in Blaine's gym, right? :D
I hope you finish last 3 (?) episodes soon :D
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:09 AM
zumba
Skyline

this hack was so awesome! i can not wait to play the next beta. it has also givin me the opportunity to watch every episode of the anime as i play through the game : )
just wish there were more then one everstone so i wouldnt have to keep pressing the B button everytime squirtle leveled up. u think u could add a few or one more into the game?

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:25 AM
aperso
left to www.thepkmnworld.com

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aperso
you could just use the chat code that gives you everstones because FR cheat codes work in ash gray

Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:32 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Metapod will make starters hold Everstones in the next beta (I thought it's also in this beta but I guess not)
Old July 3rd, 2011, 06:25 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

One ore episode for beta 3!

Um, those with already saved files for 2.5, is there any way for us to get everstones?

Could it be possible to have Everstones sold in Poke Marts for a very cheap price?
Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:46 AM
szerh
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I'm having a problem with playing the game...maybe I need a different emulator? Not sure, but can you help me? I'd really appreciate it!
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:00 AM
aperso
left to www.thepkmnworld.com

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aperso
did you patch it to a Fire Red rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

By that you mean in Blaine's gym, right? :D
I hope you finish last 3 (?) episodes soon :D
he only has one episode to do!

Last edited by aperso; July 3rd, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
barry guava
Beginning Trainer

when the next beta is out, will i be able to cointinue from the end of beta 2.5 or do i have to restart the game?
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!" copy this as your signature!!!

I wonder what they would do if it was jls i'd be screaming jump off it
Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by szerh View Post
Hey, I'm having a problem with playing the game...maybe I need a different emulator? Not sure, but can you help me? I'd really appreciate it!
You tried to play the ips file didn't you? :D
You must patch it to a clean Fire Red ROM =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barondante View Post
Um, those with already saved files for 2.5, is there any way for us to get everstones?
Why not play the game again? :D Check last part of my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barondante View Post
Could it be possible to have Everstones sold in Poke Marts for a very cheap price?
Everstones have fixed price. It's 200 according to my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry guava View Post
when the next beta is out, will i be able to cointinue from the end of beta 2.5 or do i have to restart the game?
This is question that only Metapod can answer.
You see, you can continue either way but there are 2 possibilities =)
1) Metapod did not try anything in the old episodes. That'd mean that you can use your old save states even in the new beta =)
But...
2) Metapod edited something in them. This means he used different flags, or var... just something trivial like that =)
That way I'd strongly recommend to start the game anew because some event might not work as desired.
Old July 4th, 2011, 03:55 AM
wayl0n
Beginning Trainer

my game freezes after I leave the house with the imitator, also after the event with James parents there is an empty field...

W00T! Now I can pee on Ash's shoulder!
Wait... do Pokémon pee!?
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
LugiaSWE
Beginning Trainer

SWEET MOTHER OF GOOD, ONLY ONE EPISODE LEFT! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

/spam

Metapod for ... err...Butterfree!
Old July 4th, 2011, 06:52 PM
smilewolfy
pokemon photographer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to smilewolfy
yay only 1 one ep left :D and its bad to the bone, which should be ralatively quick compared to others like "light, camera quacktion" and "mastering the onixspected" and i get a new laptop in 3 days so yay, just in time. dont rush though.
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:30 AM
jamieruby111
Beginning Trainer

Hey metapod im relatively new to this whole rom hacking world but this hack is the best anime hack/hack ever im looking forward to beta 3 hope you finish last episode soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM
101baby
Beginning Trainer

HOLY COW!!!!!! i see some progress holy macaroni
just one ep. left OHYEAHH!!!!!

i thought he gave it up, but im glad he didnt
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

All episodes for the next beta are complete. Just need to do odds and ends editing and beta testing.

How soon I'll be able to release the next beta will largely be dependent on how many errors I encounter as I play my way through the game again. Again, thanks to everyone for your support/patience.

Sponsored Links