The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old April 6th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Itzmesonicx
Silver's The Name

Advertise here
Is the udate on already yet?

My FC:3482 1863 1219

Silver's The name Playins my Game <--- Nice motto i got there Huh?

Call Me Silver Not Sonic
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Rossay
Quack quack

Nature: Careful
Not yet! But soooooon lol.

Dewitty is helping me redesign my tilesets so I'm waiting to finish updating them before the release. It'll probably take.. a week maximum I should think? I'd love to release it this weekend but that depends how fast I can work lol.

In the meantime, here's a teaser screenie:

As always, you can see all the development screenshots etc on my DeviantArt (link in my sig).

Old April 16th, 2011, 04:25 AM
sasukeanditachi
Beginning Trainer

1. Did you find any glitches? Actually, I found 2, maybe 3. The first was on the first level at one of the corners where you can walk through the sides and theere is a dead end underneath. I tried to jump up through it and got stuck in the corner and had to restart. I also found one on route 2, where there was a sprite that was flickering between 2 different pachirisu. It was up high in the air, but dont remember exactly where. I'm also pretty sure this is a glitch, as it didnt happen any other time i died, but i hit spikes and marill started floating up the screen and got to the top before the red flashy thing happened.
2. What did you enjoy / dislike about the game? I really didn't dislike anything about this game over then those god damned zubats flying through walls. It's a really good game and i look forward to the next release
3. Do you have any other suggestions for improving the game? Not really tbh, I'm not very good at ideas.
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukeanditachi View Post
1. Did you find any glitches? Actually, I found 2, maybe 3. The first was on the first level at one of the corners where you can walk through the sides and theere is a dead end underneath. I tried to jump up through it and got stuck in the corner and had to restart. I also found one on route 2, where there was a sprite that was flickering between 2 different pachirisu. It was up high in the air, but dont remember exactly where. I'm also pretty sure this is a glitch, as it didnt happen any other time i died, but i hit spikes and marill started floating up the screen and got to the top before the red flashy thing happened.
2. What did you enjoy / dislike about the game? I really didn't dislike anything about this game over then those god damned zubats flying through walls. It's a really good game and i look forward to the next release
3. Do you have any other suggestions for improving the game? Not really tbh, I'm not very good at ideas.
Thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey.

I am aware of the getting stuck randomly glitch and I have fixed it by using a more accurate collision code which you can see in the upcomming version. The random pachirisu glitch, I have seen once or twice, I'm not entirely sure why it occurs because the collision code is pretty accurate, but I will look into it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and the next update is taking me longer than I had hoped because I've been really busy inrl. It's getting closer though. As always, you can follow the game's progress on my DeviantArt (link in my sig).

Old April 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking

Nature: Relaxed
Title looks generic, honestly, but otherwise looking good so far. Good luck!

"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:55 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

This game looks great! Nice, clean graphics, too.

Very Nice.

And you get extra points for including Marill in the Screenshots !

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Itzmesonicx
Silver's The Name

whensthe next update? ive been waiting a few months

My FC:3482 1863 1219

Silver's The name Playins my Game <--- Nice motto i got there Huh?

Call Me Silver Not Sonic
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Rossay
Quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzmesonicx View Post
whensthe next update? ive been waiting a few months
Well. I've been busy with exams & working on a side project so I haven't got a full new version released YET. However, there is a somewhat glitchy-test version I could release to keep people happy?

http://www.box.net/shared/ynyz3jjtlp

Thanks to help from the marvellous Dewitty for revamping the tilesets!

Old June 25th, 2011, 12:10 PM
raidersfan09
Dashing Person

Nature: Bashful
thats awesome! never seen anything like it before i'll download that demo for sure!
<-- Click torchic to level it up!! DO IT!!! ............... <-- Click the egg to level it up!!
<-- Click Phione 1 to level it up!! DO IT!! .... <-- Click there to level it up!!
<-- Click Phione 3 to level it up!! DO IT!! .... <--Click here to level it up!!
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
DForte
Trainer

I remember when Marril was the starter and you walked around the first town and the first level looked like Mario. This game has not only come a long way, but has made a lot of mass changes. Congrats and great job.

BTW: you spelled Organizations with an 's' instead of a 'z'
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
I remember when Marril was the starter and you walked around the first town and the first level looked like Mario. This game has not only come a long way, but has made a lot of mass changes. Congrats and great job.

BTW: you spelled Organizations with an 's' instead of a 'z'
Thanks! The project is on semi-hiatus at the moment as I work on an actual Pokemon game with a new engine I've written for Game Maker (which mimics black&white; you can see screenies on my DeviantArt).

PS: That is how you spell "organisations" lol, the "z" is an Americanism.

Old June 26th, 2011, 02:46 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
@Dforte

hahaha. non-american spellings strike back XD

--

Played the demo. I was hoping this game would be good, It's so unique, an RPG platformer. we need more unique like what this promised. Im happy to report it is good!

It just feels fun, i played route 1 and 2. Everythings pretty good, some comments though.

1- change the esc button. I pressed it hoping it would bring up a menu, so I could save the game, but alas, it instantly quit the game :(

2- try removing some of the backtracking, for the starting levels atleast, It's really frustrating falling, then having to climb all the way back up,

good stuff.
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:15 AM
DForte
Trainer

Quote:
PS: That is how you spell "organisations" lol, the "z" is an Americanism.
Quote:
Guess I should change my major from Business to International Studies lol

Quote:
2- try removing some of the backtracking, for the starting levels atleast, It's really frustrating falling, then having to climb all the way back up,
Route 2 really annoyed me. I would keep falling and falling and falling some more. I think it took me about 10 mins after I fell the first time.
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
@Dforte

--

Played the demo. I was hoping this game would be good, It's so unique, an RPG platformer. we need more unique like what this promised. Im happy to report it is good!

It just feels fun, i played route 1 and 2. Everythings pretty good, some comments though.

1- change the esc button. I pressed it hoping it would bring up a menu, so I could save the game, but alas, it instantly quit the game

good stuff.
Thankyou! It's been difficult to establish such a unique and unconventional game here at PC (we're more used to standard Pokemon games, and there's nothing wrong with that).

Sorry about ESC, that's a standard key for all Game Maker games as a default to close the game (it can be changed but I'm used to catering to a GM familiar community who insist on keeping it like that for easy closing). What I could do, is make a pop-up box that says like "Do you want to quit?" sort of thing?

I'll take another look at some of the routes which have a lot of back-tracking. There will only be about 50 levels in total so I wanted to make the routes quite large and long so that the game wasn't overly short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
Guess I should change my major from Business to International Studies lol

Route 2 really annoyed me. I would keep falling and falling and falling some more. I think it took me about 10 mins after I fell the first time.
. Haha, I'll take another look at Route 2 in particular then (when I return to the project properly). I didn't want to make the routes too short because I wanted the game to be a long play.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
SisterPsychic
Beginning Trainer

I'm aware on your first post you claim saving can be glitchy, but for me it was completely glitched. I could not save at all - whenever I chose to, the game would close. "Load Game" froze the entire game.
I'm not sure about the others, but Pansear's second attack is messed up. At level 5, I'm able to "switch" attacks, but there's no icon in the attack box thing, and the attack itself doesn't happen when I press X. However (hopefully this will make sense) I see an animation, occasionally, that only happens after I obtain the attack (as I have to start over for every playthrough) and attempt to trigger it - but it seems something else (not the attack button) triggers it, but I haven't quite figured out what. It seems to be as I switch back to the attack that DOES work, but I'm not sure. It doesn't damage, it's just an animation of... like... a "force/arrow" going outwards away from Pansear.

2. What did you enjoy / dislike about the game?
Obviously you're aware your game is incredibly unique, and I agree wholeheartedly. The deviation from the regular "starter" Pokemon is also quite refreshing.

3. Do you have any other suggestions for improving the game?
Perhaps a choice on other obtainable Pokemon? I mean, I understand we're going to get more as Eggs, but is it in a certain order? Are we always going to get our monkey, then Shroomish, then whatever, then whatever... every time? Everyone has different tastes and some variation here, if possible, sounds nice. ^^;

This isn't so much a suggestion as a question: do only "boss" Pokemon have moves? The only attacker besides Pansear for me has been the Nincada. The other Pokemon damage me if I touch them, but that's it..
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:20 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossay View Post
Sorry about ESC, that's a standard key for all Game Maker games as a default to close the game (it can be changed but I'm used to catering to a GM familiar community who insist on keeping it like that for easy closing). What I could do, is make a pop-up box that says like "Do you want to quit?" sort of thing?
Yeah, a pop up box would be a good addition.
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Rossay
Quack quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterPsychic View Post
1. Did you find any glitches?
I'm aware on your first post you claim saving can be glitchy, but for me it was completely glitched. I could not save at all - whenever I chose to, the game would close. "Load Game" froze the entire game.
I'm not sure about the others, but Pansear's second attack is messed up. At level 5, I'm able to "switch" attacks, but there's no icon in the attack box thing, and the attack itself doesn't happen when I press X. However (hopefully this will make sense) I see an animation, occasionally, that only happens after I obtain the attack (as I have to start over for every playthrough) and attempt to trigger it - but it seems something else (not the attack button) triggers it, but I haven't quite figured out what. It seems to be as I switch back to the attack that DOES work, but I'm not sure. It doesn't damage, it's just an animation of... like... a "force/arrow" going outwards away from Pansear.

2. What did you enjoy / dislike about the game?
Obviously you're aware your game is incredibly unique, and I agree wholeheartedly. The deviation from the regular "starter" Pokemon is also quite refreshing.

3. Do you have any other suggestions for improving the game?
Perhaps a choice on other obtainable Pokemon? I mean, I understand we're going to get more as Eggs, but is it in a certain order? Are we always going to get our monkey, then Shroomish, then whatever, then whatever... every time? Everyone has different tastes and some variation here, if possible, sounds nice. ;

This isn't so much a suggestion as a question: do only "boss" Pokemon have moves? The only attacker besides Pansear for me has been the Nincada. The other Pokemon damage me if I touch them, but that's it..
Thanks for taking the time to write this.

I realise that the Saving/Loading system I'm using at the moment is less than ideal and incredibly glitchy. I think I'll need to re-write it completely in the next version -- I think I'll do it using '.INI' files instead.

The pokemon you can obtain as the story moves along will unfortunately be quite limited. Adding a playable pokemon requires quite a significant amount of work so I don't want to set myself a challenge I'll simply never complete. I'm aiming for a possible 20 separate evolution lines to be playable by the game's completion.

Boss pokemon do have special attacks and some normal pokemon have them as well -- swinub in the current version can use ice-shard. The number of pokemon with special attacks will increase as you progress through the game.

Old July 5th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Xehanorth
Twitter Person

Nature: Bold
I love the look of that world map, very good man!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here