The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
iRock
Beginning Trainer

I was wondering if I could make a youtube account and we can upload shiny encounters to them.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:55 AM
Lake of Retro
Just keep swimming.

Nature: Relaxed
Sorry to be a pest and spam, but while trying to RE a Cottonee, this baby showed up! I got it live as well, it wasn't what I wanted, but hey, it's a shiny! I don't get IV's and EV's but I have a slight understanding of natures, how can I work with her to make her better?

Spoiler:

My next target is definitely going to be MM'ing Litwick, and RE'ing for a Solosis, wish me luck! Also, I think I have rookies luck, considering I got her the day I joined this club.

PS: I had to delete my previous message because I messed up.

Last edited by Lake of Retro; July 3rd, 2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
First off, welcome to the SHC guys! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRock View Post
I join this club, nao!

I was wondering if I could make a youtube account and we can upload shiny encounters to them.

Yes! That is the best thing you can do! Many of us have them! We upload our shiny encounters,hatches,REs, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake of Retro View Post
Sorry to be a pest and spam, but while trying to RE a Cottonee, this baby showed up! I got it live as well, it wasn't what I wanted, but hey, it's a shiny! I don't get IV's and EV's but I have a slight understanding of natures, how can I work with her to make her better?

Spoiler:

My next target is definitely going to be MM'ing Litwick, and RE'ing for a Solosis, wish me luck! Also, I think I have rookies luck, considering I got her the day I joined this club.

PS: I had to delete my previous message because I messed up.
Congratz on your Swadloon! and welcome!

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old July 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club, Lake of Retro! Congrats on the shiny Swadloon! Litwick was a MM target of mine during the spring. I ended up giving up once I reached 1,500 eggs.

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club, iRock!

My Sandile hunt ended at 108 eggs. I got what I wanted when it comes to IVs. So far I've hatched 7 Axews. I'm considering returning to Litwick after I get the IVs I want on Axew. I might try to get the Litwick count up to 2,000.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Lake of Retro
Just keep swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club, Lake of Retro! Congrats on the shiny Swadloon! Litwick was a MM target of mine during the spring. I ended up giving up once I reached 1,500 eggs.
I was just curious, what do you think is the fastest method to collect and hatch eggs?

Old July 4th, 2011, 04:12 AM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

hmm... I sent in my list to lanordus, and it hasn't been updated into the directory... help?

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old July 4th, 2011, 07:11 AM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSonic View Post
hmm... I sent in my list to lanordus, and it hasn't been updated into the directory... help?
Landorus may be busy to come on, you could either wait for him or I am not sure if G-money could do anything with your list, you'd have to ask but yeah.

Signature by Khalei

Old July 4th, 2011, 09:36 AM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Electric View Post
Shiny Chimchar!
Congratulations!

Quote:
Hey guys, my name is Retro and I absolutely LOVE shinies
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRock View Post
I join this club, nao!

Welcome to the club! We don't require proof of shinies, but you're more than welcome to take pictures or post videos of your shinies!

Quote:
Haha, that's about the least spammy you could possibly get, "lol." Congrats on an awesome shiny!

Quote:
I was just curious, what do you think is the fastest method to collect and hatch eggs?
Make sure the first Pokemon in your party has either Flame Body or Magma Armor. What I do is take 5 eggs, bike back and forth, release them, and get 5 more, but I'm not really a hatching expert. Some of the more experienced MMers fill up boxes before hatching, but I'm not sure which method is faster. Latios Master probably knows more about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSonic View Post
That's because...

*drumroll*

I am now the official ShinyDex updater!! Everybody, send me a PM of all of your shinies, and I'll edit them into the ShinyDex and put it on the fourth post of this thread.

2243 Palkia

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 5/18
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

I was right! I win a cookie!

I have an update.

I started keeping track of my shiny snivy SRs, I am up to 320 since I have recorded them, but I can imagine I've done about 800-900 or so before I started! I hope it will shine soon!

Signature by Khalei

Old July 4th, 2011, 11:41 AM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
I am now the official ShinyDex updater!! Everybody, send me a PM of all of your shinies, and I'll edit them into the ShinyDex and put it on the fourth post of this thread.
Great - I'm just back in time for this :D

Old July 4th, 2011, 11:55 AM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

GAH!!! I just SRed over a shiny Chikorita!!! Darn it, I was SRing too fast! The bright pinkness was blatantly obvious as soon as I saw it, but my finger had already pushed the button.

MetalMario is going to kill me. :o

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 5/18
Old July 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Hello all, no luck on shinies so far for July, but I AM trying the july jam thing (not going to tell which one I'm going for)

Old July 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Weber
Thats Farfetch'd

sorry to hear you sr'ed over your chikorita, seems to be happening a quite a bit.

im working on charmander again, getting very frustrated but im hoping it shines soon.

also it will be nice to see an updated list of all the shinies we've all gotten
Old July 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Ben Purse
Eager Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Route 3 hunting. 400 RES and counting without a shiny.
Old July 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
I always take longer than I need to with SRs just so this will never happen.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote:
What I do is I have a Pokémon in the first slot of my team know Fly, in my case Archeops, so that I can hatch eggs on Skyarrow Bridge. In the second slot I have a Pokémon who knows Flame Body, in my case one of the many Litwick that I've hatched. Magma Armor works as well, just like G-Money mentioned. Those abilities cut the number of steps needed to hatch an egg in half. I collect four eggs to round out my party and fly to Castelia City and ride my bike back and forth on the Skyarrow Bridge. When they all hatch I put them in the PC and get four more eggs. When I fill up a box or two in the PC I count them up (30 spots in a box) and add them to the total number that I've hatched of that specific Pokémon on a TextEdit document on my Mac computer. After I count them up I fly to Nimbasa City and go to the Gear station to show each Pokémon I hatched to the judge there to see how good the IVs are. I keep the ones who have good IVs and release the rest.

I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Chikorita, G-Money.

Litwick: 1,548
Axew: 8
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:53 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

Quote:
What I do is I have a Pokémon in the first slot of my team know Fly, in my case Archeops, so that I can hatch eggs on Skyarrow Bridge. In the second slot I have a Pokémon who knows Flame Body, in my case one of the many Litwick that I've hatched. Magma Armor works as well, just like G-Money mentioned. Those abilities cut the number of steps needed to hatch an egg in half. I collect four eggs to round out my party and fly to Castelia City and ride my bike back and forth on the Skyarrow Bridge. When they all hatch I put them in the PC and get four more eggs. When I fill up a box or two in the PC I count them up (30 spots in a box) and add them to the total number that I've hatched of that specific Pokémon on a TextEdit document on my Mac computer. After I count them up I fly to Nimbasa City and go to the Gear station to show each Pokémon I hatched to the judge there to see how good the IVs are. I keep the ones who have good IVs and release the rest.

I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Chikorita, G-Money.

Litwick: 1,548
Axew: 8
I have a suggestion for you Latios. You could also go left of the pokemon center in Nimbasa City, I call it the battle club but anyway save in front of the guy, and well yes it's only one specie at a time, but it's much more accurate to check IV's since they are leveled up to 50. But whatever works for you just a suggestion for a fellow hunter.

Signature by Khalei

Old July 5th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Lake of Retro
Just keep swimming.

Quote:
Thanks for the amazing reply! But when I use a Litwick with Flame Body it seems that it only effects the eggs closest, are you sure that it effects the whole party?

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:48 AM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
GAH!!! I just SRed over a shiny Chikorita!!! Darn it, I was SRing too fast! The bright pinkness was blatantly obvious as soon as I saw it, but my finger had already pushed the button.

MetalMario is going to kill me. :o
I'm sorry to hear that -- I hope you reclaim yours soon! You could do a race with MetalElectric cos he SRd over his too :p (actually it was a Cynda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
Hello all, no luck on shinies so far for July, but I AM trying the july jam thing (not going to tell which one I'm going for)
Haha same here =P Don't give up -- the month just began!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weber View Post
im working on charmander again, getting very frustrated but im hoping it shines soon.
never give up on an hunt! GL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Purse View Post
Route 3 hunting. 400 RES and counting without a shiny.
I hope you get yours soon although don't give up, most people take like 15k for it (don't get discouraged either)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
I always take longer than I need to with SRs just so this will never happen.
haha same here! :p

And yeah people I actually came here to say I just have a 2 month drought. And I have like 1k eggs for Taillow... >.< But yeah I hope you get your shinies soon! GL everyone! :D
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8 View Post
I have a suggestion for you Latios. You could also go left of the pokemon center in Nimbasa City, I call it the battle club but anyway save in front of the guy, and well yes it's only one specie at a time, but it's much more accurate to check IV's since they are leveled up to 50. But whatever works for you :) just a suggestion for a fellow hunter.
That's something that I plan on doing later on with the ones that I checked in the Battle Subway that I already know have a perfect IV or two to see what the rest of the IVs are. I use the Battle Subway to quickly weed out the bad ones.

Lake of Retro: It works for all eggs you have with you, not just the close ones.

Litwick: 1,590
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Congratz to everyone on their shinies!

My hunt on panpour is giving me the ****s! Not sure how many Im up to on it but i know its atleast 1000, but hey its less reliable then MM and im still under what Latios has for his litwicks
Old July 5th, 2011, 05:40 PM
DarkraiDaviz
Darkrai Master

Nature: Hasty
So I went on a road trip for the 4th of July and I did somehwhere around 14 hours of breeding lol. I got around 400 eggs from that! I gotta say though it's pretty dull going back and fourth and back and fourth..... BUT IM NOT COMPLAINING because its so exhilarating when you finally get a shiny!

Black
DAVIZ
3868 7343 7037

MY SHINIES
Random Encounter:
HG:

Soft Reset:
None Yet

Masuda Method Breeding:
HG:

BLK:

CURRENT GOAL
Masuda Method Shiny Solosis
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

G-Money... Shiny mew and celebi can definitely be legit even if they're really hard to obtain. (Mew from SRing in Emerald via old map & celebi from Japanese Colosseum bonus disc)

On other news.... July Jam is officially over

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Cranidos, 2Cool4Mewtwo! Btw, the gen 4 Pokémon for July Jam is Cresselia, not Cranidos, so it's far from over.

Litwick: 1,601
Axew: 39

The Axews that I'm hatching are terrible in many ways, so it may be awhile before I hatch a good one. Bronzor will be my next target after Axew.
Old July 6th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Tails05
It's Electric!

Nature: Docile
I would like to join!

Name: Tails05
Shines I've found before: Tentacool, Gyarados (Both Diamond)
Games I have:
Diamond and White
Reason for joining: Shiny hunting sounds really fun, I would love to have my own collection.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to find and catch shinies? So far all of mine have been from random encounters.

O, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in it!

Pairless - PM me! | Owner of the ::Global Pokedex Plus Fanclub:: | GPX +
Jesus is the way ~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links