The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 30th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Yagerbomb
←Apple Jack

Nature: Relaxed
Pokemon D.N.A. Version
Created by Yagerbomb

Hello, I am Yagerbomb. You may or may not have seen me around here. I have an Idea for a game, Pokemon D.N.A. Version. Please give constructive criticism and ways to make my game better.

Background:

Spoiler:
The Legendary D.N.A. Pokemon Deoxys has been noted to live in the Hoenn Region. However, the Legendary Pokemon has been sighted multiple times in the Vitos Region, which is just SouthWest of Hoenn. The Pokemon which is believed to be a virus from space, is capable of producing D.N.A. which is a key part of carrying Genetic information. These sighting have created a buzz in the Vitos Region. The Scientists and Studies of Pokemon alike have been searching for Deoxys. Although, not everyone is looking for the D.N.A. Pokemon for scientific purposes. A group of Criminals, known as Team Nucleo, have been hunting for Deoxys in their effort to create what they refer to as an "invincible army". With this "Invincible Army" Team Nucleo plans to achieve World domination. All of these events have brought the Vitos Region into a state of fear.

You:

Spoiler:
You are the son/daughter of Professor Cottonwood, a renowned Pokemon Professor from the Vitos Region. Your Father, Professor Cottonwood, advises you to experience the world of Pokemon. Your Father lets you have one of three Pokemon, and lets you head out of your Hometown and battle the Gyms of Vitos, while collecting research Data in a Device known as a Pokedex, a Device that Professor Oak gave your Father. While on your Journey, you can't help it but to be intrigued by Deoxys and the search that follows the Legendary Pokemon. How does your interest in Deoxys affect Team Nucleo's plans?

ScreenShots:

Coming Soon!

Features:

-167 Pokemon!
-New Vitos Region to explore!
-Starters from other games obtainable!
-Buy Houses and Property!
-All New Champions League!
-Bike Races!

Gym Leaders:

Chaplin Town: Grace,Grass type

Boulderbridge City: Rocco,Rock Type

Bellham City: Mason,Steel Type

Baronbay City: Matt, Water Type

Ring City: Gloria, Psychic Type

Toothridge Town: Hamilton, Ground type

Vincen City: Brent, Bug

Sansetto Island: Arnold, Flying Type

Team:

Yagerbomb-Creator,Team Leader,Writer,Character Development,Mapper

Positions Needed:

Spriter-
Scripter( Or someone who can teach me to script)-
Music(might not need)-

Questions:

Is the Plot interesting?

How can I make the game better?

Is there anything else I should implement in the game?

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis

Last edited by Yagerbomb; July 7th, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:42 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Firstly it's a good story.
Secondly Some screens would be nice.

But I see a great future with this game.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:57 AM
Beegu
Is Waldo

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagerbomb View Post
Questions:

Is the Plot interesting?

How can I make the game better?

Is there anything else I should implement in the game?
This game sounds very interesting and I would like to play this game.

You could make it better by maybe adding more detail to the plot. Not necessarily more information but a cliffhanger like "But will your intrest in the D.N.A. pokémon draw unwanted attention from team Nucleo?" Although a bit more information would be nice.

Yeah, more minigames besides bike races would be more exciting (although bike races does seem cool and original.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
XxxGoblinKingxxX
Beginning Trainer

I would love to help you with this game! I can draw fairly well if you need art! I can't sprite to save my life however >.<
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:40 AM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
That is interesting! You might want to have other Legendaries in the game, though, to add some depth to the plot.
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Rashdi04
A Good Spriter !

That looks creative! Can't wait for more features!
Lucario
Mewtwo
Thyplosion
Ampharos
Absol
Weavile
Mamoswine
Gliscor
Tropius
Octillery
Wanna Make For You Sprites, Yes?
Visit http://pokemonspritemaker.wordpress.com, Go into Hello World! And Chosse Pokemon/Sprites

Old December 3rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
teamrocketjessie

hi i was interested in making a team rocket hack of fire red where u can be butch and cassidy or jessie and james and meowth, but i need help making the sprites. could someone help me?
Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
Master-Pixel
Fakemon Artist

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Master-Pixel
Hmm; not the first time I've heard this kind of idea; but this one has been executed well
However I doubt been able to buy your own house or property would be appealing; as in the actual games you can have Secret Bases - so I'd re-think that idea.

Team Nucleo sounds cool, however try and event another way of making them evil - Team Plasma were trying to liberate Pokemon from trainers but did it through demonstrations; and stuff like it however you then have Ghestis's original plan - to rule Unova; maybe make a cover story that can tie in - instead of the Team being like Team Rocket or Galactic.

Bike races sound fun; be cool to enjoy the cycling road once more; maybe recieve a pokemon with Extremespeed at the end (like the Zigzagoon from Pokemon:Box)

I'd try and get some screenshot's up as everyone loves a bit of eye-candy; we can also help you more with them up :D

Moreover try and go a bit more indepth overall; instead of having drab descriptions which are quite empty.

Hope I've helped :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links