Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Brittani
Pokefan for life!! (:

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
I've recently started rewatching and so far I'm up to Episode 37 - Pikachu's goodbye.

I'm loving it but it is gonna take me a long time to catch up

There are so many Pikachus in this episode!
You mean episode 39 lol. I to am rewatching all the episodes, and I am on that episode to right now :D That episode makes me cry every time I watch it. EVERY time! :' oh and my avatar and prof picture are actually from the episode itself. I looked for a scene I wanted and used an app on google chrome
Friend Code: 5171 - 9762 - 4892
Message me, let's exchange codes! (:

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it." - Gaara ♥

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Old June 29th, 2011, 05:56 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnate View Post
Arceus Dammit! Oh well... I can always find them Fandubbed online, I guess. Thanks for the answer. :D
If you search really well you can find the actual copy; I found a RAW copy a few years back (or what I thought was the actual one) but the problem was that the website removed it a couple of days later.

I've actually saw both the RAW on a 19 inch computer laptop screen and it really ruined me, by that I mean huge headache and wanting to vomit right after. It was probably due to my laptop screen being so High Definition that gave me that result. The fan one isn't so intense, to me the coloring was duller on my laptop screen (but thats just me)

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old July 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Azureth

I've watched Ash fight a lot of battles, but to this day I still think Ash' battle with Drake was the coolest, bar none. I absolutely loved how it went down, especially at the end, anyone agree?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8hS...eature=related
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
This belongs in the discussion thread for the original series.

Yeah, I really liked that battle. While I wouldn't say it was my favorite in the series, it was still very nice. Ash actually used Tauros and even a Ditto was in it! I also loved how Drake's Dragonite knew 10 moves.

Paired to cr4y

Old July 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Lashh
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
This belongs in the discussion thread for the original series.

Yeah, I really liked that battle. While I wouldn't say it was my favorite in the series, it was still very nice. Ash actually used Tauros and even a Ditto was in it! I also loved how Drake's Dragonite knew 10 moves. :|
I think they did that to make Dragonite seem more invincible. I mean, makes sense right? That Dragonite looked hella strong.

Otherwise, I love battles where Ash uses his Tauros. That is easily one of his coolest Pokemon in my opinion and Kirbychu should include it in the next poll I personally love re-watching this battle. One of my favorite parts is the split second where Onix actually had an advantage over Squirtle before losing to Hydro Pump, or Dragonite and Charizard duking it out, or seeing Ash actually use some strategy with Tauros against Venusaur. What I think I like best about the battle is the fact that Dragonite defeated most of Ash's team single handed.

However, that's not my favorite battle in the entire arc of the original series. For me, my favorite battles would have to be Ash's in the Johto league, mainly against Gary and Harrison. Watching fire starters Charizard and Blaziken duke it out was definitely one of the coolest things I've seen in the entire series.

Credit for the theme goes to Hybrid Trainer

anyways, check out my fanfic, Legends of Kanto
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=256341
first volume completed, chapter releases on the way!
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Tombo

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittani View Post
You mean episode 39 lol. I to am rewatching all the episodes, and I am on that episode to right now :D That episode makes me cry every time I watch it. EVERY time! :' oh and my avatar and prof picture are actually from the episode itself. I looked for a scene I wanted and used an app on google chrome
Awww....

I have had a break for a few months but I am back on it now up to episode 98 - Meowth Rules!... This is a really good episode, also quite an emotional one as you see how strong the bond between Team Rocket is. Also quite funny to see Meowth being worshipped!
I whip my Chu back n forth!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people so PM me today!

It's a whole new way to see,
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all
And be the best that you can be!
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:49 PM
LuckyLucario2000

I wonder how that "Paka Paka" effect slipped by the producers in the first season. I mean I'm sure if someone had to watch it when they were reviewing it they'd get side effects too. I watched it online but I turned my head halfway through the "Paka Paka" scene. Definitely avoid watching that.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:38 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
It wasn't too bad, for me anyway. But yeah, it would definitely be one of those things where you'd out "Warning: Risk of seizure, view discretion is advised," etc. I kind of hate how they blame Porygon for the whole thing.
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
charchari
Beginning Trainer

Hello, once again I came across that scene where Ash was kneeling down on the ground and cried in the rain. Also Misty, Brock and Pikachu were sad behind him. This short scene was seen in the episode "Gotta Catch You Later" in a scene montage, at the moment when the trio had to split up.

I wonder if that scene of Ash crying in the rain is from an official episode, as I don't remember anything like that plus I can't find sensible answers via Google. Please englighten me!
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:03 PM
aar2697

Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
I've been watching the whole second season because I don't really remember any of the episodes from when I was a kid. I don't even remember being aware of the Orange Islands. :D
I must say though, now that I am 17 episodes in, this season is excellent. It may be filler between Gen 1 and Gen 2, but almost all of the episodes are funny, creative, and well-written. My favorite so far is Meowth Rules!.
Spoiler:
I thought it was very funny how there is an island of people that worship a Great Meowth of Bounty. I was laughing literally the whole time because of how primitive the people's beliefs were and how tricked they had been by Meowth. Then, when Jesse and James help Meowth out because of their friendship (basically the end of the episode), I was tearing up. I never cry when watching TV shows/movies. Considering this episode is so powerful in that it can make you laugh and then soon make you cry, it is definitely one of the best Pokemon episodes out there.

So, yeah, watch Season 2 if you haven't.
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Sheraku

Nature: Quiet
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I was just watching my collection of the first season awhile ago and was wondering, what's up with that super over-powered Gastly?

Ash shouts, "Go Pikachu!" Gastly comes back with a mouse trap. "Fine then, Charmander." Chased by fire extinguisher. Team Rocket joins in, "Koffing and Ekans!" Mongoose-"Dinner time!" Plus gas mask stomp on Koffing. Ash jumps back in, "Bulbasaur, Squirtle!" Gastly just spawns a Blastoise and Venusaur. "Just for fun I'll combine them into one super Pokemon, Venastoise. Try that on for size!"

Why can it do that, is it supposed to be the anime's equivalent to a lv.100 Pokemon or what?
Old June 24th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm going to move this into OS Discussion; please use the stickied thread rather than making new topics for old episodes.

I'm not sure what the deal with the Gastly was, but I suppose it is a Pokémon that deals in illusions. They weren't really fighting a Gastly; they were fighting smoke an mirrors and psychological tricks.
R & R

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Tombo

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
Just seen episode 119 where Ash gets a Heracross! It is such a great episode :D
I whip my Chu back n forth!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people so PM me today!

It's a whole new way to see,
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude
But you still gotta catch 'em all
And be the best that you can be!
Old December 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Cobber

Can I just say Season 1 Episode 1 "Pokemon I Choose You" just melts my heart. I just love Pikachu in that episode. My heart beats fast at the climax of that episode every time I watch it.
Old December 17th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Wobbu
γ ℯ ℯ

The first episode is certainly one of the most memorable episodes. It's hard to believe how greatly Ash and Pikachu have grown and bonded since the beginning.

Avatar Source | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old December 28th, 2013, 08:45 AM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
watching the Squirtle Squad episode. also I'm glad Cartoon Network is Airing classic episodes.
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:31 AM
GamerTimeUS

Nature: Brave
Cartoon Network is suppose to be showing the Original Pokemon Movie this Saturday morning
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Wobbu
γ ℯ ℯ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerTimeUS View Post
Cartoon Network is suppose to be showing the Original Pokemon Movie this Saturday morning
Seems like a proper way to end the broadcasts of the Indigo League episodes during this transition to XY. It's a digitally remastered version, so I'll be watching it fo sho. Even though I've watched the first movie too many times.

Avatar Source | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Banz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraku View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I was just watching my collection of the first season awhile ago and was wondering, what's up with that super over-powered Gastly?

Ash shouts, "Go Pikachu!" Gastly comes back with a mouse trap. "Fine then, Charmander." Chased by fire extinguisher. Team Rocket joins in, "Koffing and Ekans!" Mongoose-"Dinner time!" Plus gas mask stomp on Koffing. Ash jumps back in, "Bulbasaur, Squirtle!" Gastly just spawns a Blastoise and Venusaur. "Just for fun I'll combine them into one super Pokemon, Venastoise. Try that on for size!"

Why can it do that, is it supposed to be the anime's equivalent to a lv.100 Pokemon or what?
That Gastly could have been lv. 100 since it has been there for many many years. The mouse trap and fire extinguisher weren't real though, Gastly was showing them those visions using Hypnosis.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 06:33 PM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Recently watched EP152, Hot Matches. Loved it so much as Skarmory was one of my favorite Pokemon back when I played G/S. Also Cyndaquil <3

That training sequence tho. Super intense.

pairs!
wac!

Old March 3rd, 2014, 12:14 PM
Famon

I believe the secret of Original series is that ''Fans could expect Ash to do anything''
We could believe that Ash can capture Legendary Pokemon , Win Pokemon League , Beat E4 champion , catch all Pokemon and Beat the ♥♥♥♥ out of Evil Team Boss .
Nothing seem impossible for Ash back then !
But Now ,Writer/Director put so many restriction & Limitation on Ash that Fan are too scare to expect anything from Ash.
As for shipping , Ash & Misty's relationship goes per with Shinichi & Ren (Detective Conan) unlike other shipping pair with Ash!!!
Plus , The Comic timing was perfect back then!
The script was great and it felt more realistic .
Also , Ash Brock and Misty has perfect chemistry back then ! Their friendship seemed more real and everlasting then all other Ash Group so far.
Also there is Ash personality .
Back then , Ash's personality was like a real Boy so he could synchronize with other Kids !
Unlike now , Writer/Director made Ash more like an Angel rather then a Boy ! He's now the Obedient ''Good Boy'' that Every parent Dream about!
Thats Why Original series still the best Because it didn't tried to be a Kids Anime , Its tried to be a Popular Anime!!!

For for Fav episode , I really like ''School of Hard Knock'' Because of Giselle .
PS : I'm not bashing anything ! I'm simply showing what made Original series so good compare to other series .
This signature has been disabled.
29px too wide. Limit is 600px.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Famon; March 3rd, 2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old March 25th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Piks

The Original series will always be number 1. Because it was more like an adult anime and not a kids anime like it has become nowdays, the original trio Ash, Misty and Brock will always be the best.
Old May 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM
danick123

The season 2 opening is by far the worst thing I have heard. Any other people agree or disagree?

I am only on season 2 because I haven't watched this since I was 10.

Last edited by Wobbu; May 20th, 2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old June 7th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Scotash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danick123 View Post
The season 2 opening is by far the worst thing I have heard. Any other people agree or disagree?

I am only on season 2 because I haven't watched this since I was 10.
I watched a few episodes of the Orange Islands series today, and having not watched in in at least a year my opinion was that the intro theme was one of the worst. ...but, today I found myself singing along. Its still one of the worst, but it's pretty cool if you get me.

I dunno, I dislike it but like it at the same time. It has that catchy effect.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here