Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Skuntank
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
when you use a trick room pokemon like reuniclus do you base your entire team around it?
a work in progress...
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
You don't have to, but you can. I have a TR Reuniclus on my competitive team, and it can usually hold its own while TR is in play. It only lasts like 5 turns, and if you put the right moves on Reuniclus it should be able to stay alive while TR is in play. However, you can build a team around TR, but it would require keeping Reuniclus alive throughout the match, or you will need multiple TR users.
< < < I know you want these lumps
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Flash Cannon is found in Twist Mountain apparently. Please tell me it doesn't have to be in a specific season, lol. :( I need it now.

paired to crono
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

It's any season. I'm not exactly sure where it is in Twist Mountain, so just look around.
< < < I know you want these lumps
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:28 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Flash Cannon is found in Twist Mountain apparently. Please tell me it doesn't have to be in a specific season, lol. I need it now.
It's in the same area as the ice rock, at the very bottom through the north door I believe.
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Is there a certain number of times that you can enter the dream world areas (pleasant forest and such) before the pokemon stop appearing?
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Skuntank
Beginning Trainer

usually i can re-enter about twice before the forest gets empty

How low should the base speed of a pokemon be if i want to run a trick room team
a work in progress...

Last edited by Skuntank; July 9th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
Does anybody know why, that in Relice Castle, I can't get to other floors, there is a barrier there.

Help?
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
Does anybody know why, that in Relice Castle, I can't get to other floors, there is a barrier there.

Help?
For the Relic Castle, you need to wait until the Plasma invasion there to advance further, and until you've beaten the game before Volcarona's cave is available.
lurid/lucid

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:42 PM
BlackRay
The other trainer.

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
How low should the base speed of a pokemon be if i want to run a trick room team

I can only assume, but it would have to be lower than the average pokemon
sent out into battle. So after taking a glance at the OU pokemon, below 60
is good enough.
(I'm no expert. This is just what I think is good.)

#624 -
Pawniard / Komatana
Dark / Steel
Routes 9 and 11

Blades comprise this Pokémon's entire body. If battling dulls the blades, it sharpens them on stones by the river.

Old July 9th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Is there a certain number of times that you can enter the dream world areas (pleasant forest and such) before the pokemon stop appearing?
If it's anything to go by, imo, it's the amount of Pokemon you encounter rather than the amount of times you've entered a location. For example, if you visit the forest once, you can at most encounter about 8 Pokemon. Then, go to the sky, you'll get about 6 or so, then sea, you'll get idk, 8 (just guesses), but as long as you've won all their mini-games without running from them, then generally Pokemon will keep appearing. However, if you avoid a few and therefore only play a few mini-games, then your chances of more Pokemon appearing next time are lowered from what I've noticed.

So if you enter the forest, decide you want nothing there and exit straight away, then you've potentially lost up to 8 Pokemon, which kinda cuts out 8 from about the 30 or so you can encounter (I believe it goes higher than 30, but I've only found around 27). Then if you enter the sky, and decide you only wanna enter the sea, then that kinda cuts out from your total too. So as a result you'll only be able to enter 2 more areas, assuming you'll have the chances of getting about 8 from those areas each time.

...in other words, when you're at about 30 Pokemon, they'll stop appearing and your time will be up as long as you befriend everything you see. :3

And same goes for items too which I noticed, when you don't find Pokemon, items are generally there as fillers and are usually found often when you know you're at the end of your encountering :x
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
What's the easiest way for me to train my level 21 Solosis when I'm up to the sixth gym? I can't battle trainers around that level.
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Pikachu-dance!
Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)

its says in the official guide volume 2 that eventually i will face up to 6 participants on the pokemon musical but it doesnt say how i do this?? does anyone know how i achieve this??
thanks
Heart Gold: 3911 3695 2467 Platinum: 4812 3076 5683
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
What's the easiest way for me to train my level 21 Solosis when I'm up to the sixth gym? I can't battle trainers around that level.
Wouldn't giving it Exp.Share and switching it once the battle starts be enough?
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 10th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Wouldn't giving it Exp.Share and switching it once the battle starts be enough? :)
Battling Audino from shaking grass well help very majorly with this as well. I'd also say to go in with the EXP. Share until it's a high enough level to battle other Pokémon/trainers without fainting very quickly, and afterward go in with the Lucky Egg.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old July 10th, 2011, 04:18 PM
mewofspades
Beginning Trainer

so in short, I surf'd a lot to get surfacing spots (rare pokemon) and now the spots wont appear, how do I get them to show up again?
Old July 10th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Nato4eyes

Nature: Relaxed
Besides Legendaries What gender less Pokemon cant breed?
The Hunt for Vivillons is REAL. :3
Old July 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato4eyes View Post
Besides Legendaries What gender less Pokemon cant breed?
All non-Legendary genderless Pokemon except Unown can breed (but they don't have Egg Moves since Ditto can't pass any).
lurid/lucid

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 11th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Aust77
Grass Trainer

Any good places to train if my team is levels 56-59, I've beaten the first round of the Elite Four/N/Ghetsis? I'm currently at Route 15 to the right of Black City, the wild pokes are levels 48-50, I get around ~1000-2000 exp with the Lucky Egg, and in the thick/double battle grass they are levels 50-60.
Mysterian- Gengar
Blume- Swampert
Crono- Infernape
Magus- Hydreigon
Zerai- Magnezone
Gourys- Whimsicott/Aerodactyl
Old July 11th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Gymnotide
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust77 View Post
Any good places to train if my team is levels 56-59, I've beaten the first round of the Elite Four/N/Ghetsis? I'm currently at Route 15 to the right of Black City, the wild pokes are levels 48-50, I get around ~1000-2000 exp with the Lucky Egg, and in the thick/double battle grass they are levels 50-60.
Generally, all Pokemon that appear post-game in any area are on the same level caps. I usually use the Giant Chasm.
lurid/lucid

Khaled Hosseini

Old July 11th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Logos
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys sorry if this question was asked somewhere else, I tried searching but couldn't really find anything really related to it. As for completing the pokedex, should I collect the pokemon as I go or should I just worry about catching them after I complete the main story? Some places I have read suggest either/or so I wasn't for sure which would be the wisest route. Thanks!
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If I were you I would just collect them as I see them, and then fill in the gaps after the game is over. Don't stop in every route to catch every Pokemon, but always have some Pokeballs handy in case you run into something you've never seen. Then when you're done with the game, all you'll have to do is evolve some Pokemon and catch a few others.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Logos
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys, so how exactly would events work if I mainly can only do Global Link/Wi-fi for my connections. Also how exactly do events work? I checked on Serrebi and I still couldn't really make sense of their descriptions. Events are new to me so I am just wondering what if any I could be involved in? Thanks guys!
Pokemon White FC: 1249 0279 7285
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:48 PM
dreyko
Isolated System.

Nature: Careful
some events take place at game stores like Gamestop, where they will distribute the event pokemon to you, and they will usually help you out and give instructions. other events like the Victini event usually involve mystery gift where you download an item via wi-fi and then use that item to get the event pokemon.

hope this helps a little =)

Last edited by dreyko; July 13th, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
I'm having trouble with the Dream World and High Link (Entralink). I was on Dream World last night and had two Pokemon on my friend board in my house (one was my birthday Togekiss and the other I befriended and confirmed at the Tree of Dreams), and when I tried to go back into the forest it even said I needed to first go to High Link to tend to the Pokemon I sent. Then today I went to High Link to retrieve the Pokemon and berry I sent and the boy wasn't at the entrance to High Link's forest, and when I went into the forest I checked every area and there were no Pokemon at all. What gives?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here