The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
LightningStrike
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hiding from Pikachu
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
P o k e m o n V o l t V e r s i o n

Hello guys, and Welcome to Pokemon Volt version.
Hack of: Firered.

I n t r o d u c t i o n
You live in Soren Town, a small town near the ocean. Rumors have been flying around for weeks about Team Volt, a group of rebels who have declared their leadership over the rest of the world.
Also in the Morainn region, lives Zapdos. He is said to live on the highest peak of Mt. Lightning. Team Volt want to catch him. However, so do you.

F e a t u r e s


D/P/B/W Pokemon Inserted!
Explore the Morainn region!
Fight Team Volt!
Adventure through cave, water and sky!
Catch D/P/B/W legendaries as well as some FR/LG ones.

S c r e e n s h o t s
Spoiler:




P r o g r e s s

Soren Town
Mapping 100%
Scripting 30%

Soren Pass
Mapping 100%
Scripting 70%

Ojel City
Mapping 80%
Scripting 40%

C r e d i t s

TB Pro - B/W Resized Spirite Pack
Full Metal - Grass Battle Background
Me - Mapping, Tileinserting, Basic Scripting
You - If I forgot you contact me.

D o w n l o a d s

None yet!

Note: I'd appreciate it if someone could do CSS for this thread.
  #2    
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:57 PM
LightningStrike
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hiding from Pikachu
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
Update

Here, I've finished Lithorn Pass, which heads west from Ojel City. I'm gonna insert some cave tiles for Lithorn Cave.
  #3    
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM
DVK's Avatar
DVK
Hack based-God
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Zealand
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
a new hack on progressing hacks, i can't really say whether this hack is good or not by the information you provided, but what i do see is that this hack could have potential and i wish you luck with it
__________________
Completed Challenges!


  #4    
Old July 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
LightningStrike
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hiding from Pikachu
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
a new hack on progressing hacks, i can't really say whether this hack is good or not by the information you provided, but what i do see is that this hack could have potential and i wish you luck with it
Thanks.

At this point I'm trying to find someone to do the script where you get your Pokemon. I'm probably gonna use the B/W starters, but anyone have some other suggestions?
  #5    
Old July 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
grotle_grovyle's Avatar
grotle_grovyle
Incredibly Lazy Brainstormer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Female
Looks pretty awesome. Both B/W Pokemon and a new plotline? Can't wait to play it when it comes out :D
  #6    
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM
ahsome's Avatar
ahsome
Scripter Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
If you want a scripter ask me, I'm a good scripter that can do things like that
As long as you don't ask me to make a script like adding the PokeGear or something 0.o
Just PM me, and we will talk
__________________
If you need help/advice with scripting with XSE/PKSV, ask me
_____________________________________________
Not all smart men are wise, but all wise men are smart - By Me
____________________________________________

Scripter
Tile Inserter
If you want to do any of these jobs, PM me and we will talk
Also, you should have proof of work with you
  #7    
Old July 11th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
I'm not sure why, but looking at the tiles it looks like your trying to give a Pokémon Seinna feel. Which is okay after a while.
But oh well.

The mapping and scripting looks gooooooooood either way ;D
__________________
gone.
  #8    
Old July 11th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Wesley FG's Avatar
Wesley FG
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Your maps look very good, I see that the the game will also have the fifth generation of Pokemon, this makes it interresante, quite apart from that everything has harmony, the only one who could give an improved BatleBackGround this is that this very small and round.
__________________


  #9    
Old July 11th, 2011, 03:05 PM
LightningStrike
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hiding from Pikachu
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by grotle_grovyle View Post
Looks pretty awesome. Both B/W Pokemon and a new plotline? Can't wait to play it when it comes out :D
Thanks. I plan on removing almost half the kanto pokemon to be replaced with pokemon from r/s/e/d/p/b/w.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsome View Post
If you want a scripter ask me, I'm a good scripter that can do things like that
As long as you don't ask me to make a script like adding the PokeGear or something 0.o
Just PM me, and we will talk
Thanks, I will.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
I'm not sure why, but looking at the tiles it looks like your trying to give a Pokémon Seinna feel. Which is okay after a while.
But oh well.

The mapping and scripting looks gooooooooood either way ;D
I wan't deliberately trying to make it look like Sienna, but my tiles and mapping style are similar to Harry's. And I consider that a good thing. I love Sienna.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley FG View Post
Your maps look very good, I see that the the game will also have the fifth generation of Pokemon, this makes it interresante, quite apart from that everything has harmony, the only one who could give an improved BatleBackGround this is that this very small and round.
Thanks.

New Idea
My idea (and please do not copy) is to change what H.M. FLY does. It'll slow the game down a bit, but I think it'll ultimately be more fun. My idea was when you use fly, you go up into the sky, and you can fly around the sky, and Pokemon like Pidove and Swablu appear. And it'll say like "You are approaching Soren Town. Would you like to land?" when you get close to your destination. I even plan on (although this will not be easy for the player) you being able to catch Rayquaza up there.

However, I don't plan on implementing this anytime soon, as it's not high on my list of priorities, which are:
Spoiler:
1. Allow the player to get a starter.
2. Script trainers and Gym Leaders.
3. Add new cave tiles (Kyledove's)

Let mw know what you think.
  #10    
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Winter Wonderland's Avatar
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrike View Post
New Idea
My idea (and please do not copy) is to change what H.M. FLY does. It'll slow the game down a bit, but I think it'll ultimately be more fun. My idea was when you use fly, you go up into the sky, and you can fly around the sky, and Pokemon like Pidove and Swablu appear. And it'll say like "You are approaching Soren Town. Would you like to land?" when you get close to your destination. I even plan on (although this will not be easy for the player) you being able to catch Rayquaza up there.

Let mw know what you think. :)
That is actually a REALLY cool sounding idea. I'd imagine you'd have to switch what Fly does with Dive. Then make that DIVE accessible on every tile(which I think you can do by changing the behavior byte on Advance Map) And basically just make a HUGE map that pretty much covers every city. But, then set flags that don't allow you to land anywhere you haven't been before. I'm glad you thought this up, 'cause now I really wanna see how this works.
__________________


Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

  #11    
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:49 AM
LightningStrike
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hiding from Pikachu
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post
That is actually a REALLY cool sounding idea. I'd imagine you'd have to switch what Fly does with Dive. Then make that DIVE accessible on every tile(which I think you can do by changing the behavior byte on Advance Map) And basically just make a HUGE map that pretty much covers every city. But, then set flags that don't allow you to land anywhere you haven't been before. I'm glad you thought this up, 'cause now I really wanna see how this works.
Thanks. I'll explain a bit. I'm no ASM maniac (meaning I'm not good at it, but I wish I was), but the best I can figure it out, there are three parts needed to make it work:
Spoiler:
Mapping:
Blue Sky tiles and Cloud tiles (must have Block Is Covered By Hero)

Scripting:
To tell you when you're above a city and to ask you to land. And to take you to the city that you're landing in.

ASM:
Changing H.M. FLY's value and making it take you up to the sky



Today's News

Today I resolved to try and have an update every day, and have Beta 1 in 2 weeks. It's more work for me, but you guys are worth it.

I stayed up until 11:00 last night working on Volt, and therefore I've got some stuff to show you guys. It's mostly Ojel City. Check it out:

  #12    
Old July 12th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Your flying idea is a good one.
And idea i actually thought of when I was a kid. :l
Great minds thing alike.
Although it will take alot of work (mainly ASM) to do so.
__________________
gone.
  #13    
Old July 12th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
New Idea
My idea (and please do not copy) is to change what H.M. FLY does. It'll slow the game down a bit, but I think it'll ultimately be more fun. My idea was when you use fly, you go up into the sky, and you can fly around the sky, and Pokemon like Pidove and Swablu appear. And it'll say like "You are approaching Soren Town. Would you like to land?" when you get close to your destination. I even plan on (although this will not be easy for the player) you being able to catch Rayquaza up there.
Uhh...what? So nobody else can use this idea because you said? I had this idea ages ago (but decided against it), does that mean you can't use it?


Why would anyone put a signpost where nobody can read the front of it?

Uhh...probably best you went back to the old backgrounds, this looks really bad. :)

And if you do change the battle backgrounds, change all of them.

Story doesn't say much so I can't really comment on that.
Same about the features.

Looks decent, just fix up all of the above.
__________________

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #14    
Old July 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Cricco's Avatar
Cricco
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Looks promising although it would be better to insert the tileset different from those based
  #15    
Old July 12th, 2011, 03:05 PM
LightningStrike
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hiding from Pikachu
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Your flying idea is a good one.
And idea i actually thought of when I was a kid. :l
Great minds thing alike.
Although it will take alot of work (mainly ASM) to do so.
I know. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Uhh...what? So nobody else can use this idea because you said? I had this idea ages ago (but decided against it), does that mean you can't use it?


Why would anyone put a signpost where nobody can read the front of it?

Uhh...probably best you went back to the old backgrounds, this looks really bad.

And if you do change the battle backgrounds, change all of them.

Story doesn't say much so I can't really comment on that.
Same about the features.

Looks decent, just fix up all of the above.
I mean don't copy my exact ideas. And please don't say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Looks decent, just fix up all of the above.
You can make suggestions, but please don't tell me what to do.
This is my hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricco View Post
Looks promising although it would be better to insert the tileset different from those based
I have inserted some new tiles, I'm doing FR/LG style.
  #16    
Old July 12th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrike View Post
I know. Thanks.



I mean don't copy my exact ideas. And please don't say:

You can make suggestions, but please don't tell me what to do.
This is my hack.


I have inserted some new tiles, I'm doing FR/LG style.
I was giving you some constructive criticism to help you improve your hack, no need to be such a jerk about it HackDeoxys.
If you are going to be rude to people who try to be helpful, your hack has no future.
__________________

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #17    
Old July 12th, 2011, 03:54 PM
LightningStrike
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hiding from Pikachu
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningStrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
I was giving you some constructive criticism to help you improve your hack, no need to be such a jerk about it HackDeoxys.
If you are going to be rude to people who try to be helpful, your hack has no future.
1. OK, I'm sorry, I overreacted.
2. I'm not HackDeoxys, how many times do I have to tell you?
  #18    
Old July 12th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Quilava's Master's Avatar
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
I'm going to go ahead and have to agree with Fireworks. If you're gonna change the battlegrounds it's a good idea to change all of them, not just the grass. Speaking of the grass battleground I assume you're using that one Rombase from the Rom Hacking Resource thread and that's the reason that only the tall grass has altered battlegrounds. It's a good idea to either learn how to import others or find someone who can insert them well cause to be honest the current battleground is far from impressive. Just imaging what would happen in the case of a double battle. One of the Pokemon would be falling right off the platform.
On the topic of tiles they look good, but they remind me too much of Sienna. Even the mountain palettes bare too much of a resemblance to Harry's. This is just my opinion.
The maps [namely the lab?/place with computers] seem empty. It'd be a good idea to either make them smaller or fill them up some more.

Also one more thing: the Fly idea, as good as it sounds on paper, seems a bit over-ambitious. Especially since the reality of it is that you probably don't even know where to begin implement an idea like that. Heck, a vast majority of hackers here [including myself] wouldn't know where to begin with that. Either way good luck on this.
__________________
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
  #19    
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
No need for this anymore.

Closed
__________________

Brother of Vrai
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.