The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
i looove the girl sprite and the screen shots look amazing cant wait to play this game. going to download it right now.

Old July 9th, 2011, 05:20 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
A support bar would be awesome. Can it have Jirachi and Lati@s. Please and thank you.
which gen sprites should i use then? O & what size do u want, what color/s do u want it, do u want 1 bar with both positioned on the right/left or whatever?

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here

Last edited by qaz015393; July 9th, 2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
which gen sprites should i use then? O & what size do u want, what color/s do u want it, do u want 1 bar with both positioned on the right/left or whatever?
The fourth gen sprites should do. I would like the colors to be purple and blue [preferably dark but any shade will do]. And one on each side with Jirachi in the middle would be cool.
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:54 PM
qaz015393

Quote:
The fourth gen sprites should do. I would like the colors to be purple and blue [preferably dark but any shade will do]. And one on each side with Jirachi in the middle would be cool.
k il see what i can do, thou it wont be up until .... like sometime during the week since i have 2 study 2mor *or should i say later* 4 a test 2mor.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

Old July 12th, 2011, 01:31 PM
loopylu13
Beginning Trainer

what is this a hack of?
i like the design of the female player and the plot sounds good!
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylu13 View Post
what is this a hack of?
i like the design of the female player and the plot sounds good!
What teh ....
It says in the link you clicked to get here

Quote:
Fire Red Hack:[Hotm May 2011] Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:07 PM
qaz015393

Quote:
ok so i gave the userbar a shot & came up with a these . if u want any chances i still have the pdf
Attached Images
File Type: png SD3.png‎ (16.2 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png SD4.png‎ (16.7 KB, 17 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png SD1.png‎ (15.5 KB, 16 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png SD2.png‎ (16.1 KB, 12 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by qaz015393; July 12th, 2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Nice alpha. However, I have a few bugs to report.

Spoiler:

Glitched text.

"Assistant" is spelt wrong.

"Also" is spelt wrong.

After Chrono, there is one extra ":".

The text went out of the box.

You should press spacebar after ":".

Grammar error. You should type, "There are ghosts" instead of "There are ghost".

It should be "grandmother's" instead of "grandmothers".

Glitched text.

"Might I trouble you for a battle" should a question instead of a sentence.

The lady and the picknicker have no script. (I checked them on A-Map, and their script offsets are $000000.)

After the conversation, Ariel disappears in thin air without walking to the exit first.

Talking to this person will cause the hack to freeze.

It's "Potion", not "Potiopn".

3.5/5

Not good, not bad. I'll give you a higher rating if you had fewer grammar/spelling errors and bugs.
Old July 15th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Nice alpha. However, I have a few bugs to report.

Spoiler:

Glitched text.

"Assistant" is spelt wrong.

"Also" is spelt wrong.

After Chrono, there is one extra ":".

You should press spacebar after ":".

Grammar error. You should type, "There are ghosts" instead of "There are ghost".

It should be "grandmother's" instead of "grandmothers".

Glitched text.

"Might I trouble you for a battle" should a question instead of a sentence.

The lady and the picknicker have no script. (I checked them on A-Map, and their script offsets are $000000.)

After the conversation, Ariel disappears in thin air without walking to the exit first.

Talking to this person will cause the hack to freeze.

It's "Potion", not "Potiopn".

3.5/5

Not good, not bad. I'll give you a higher rating if you had fewer grammar/spelling errors and bugs.
Wow, you've got a keen eye. You'd make a great beta tester. Thanks for pointing those errors out. All of them are fixed now.

Update:
Like I said last week I'm on vacation! But if you remember correctly I said that progress would not stop and I'm proud to announce that I've been true to my word! This is one of the biggest updates so far [with the total 12 screenshots] so I'll hop right into it.

Above you see one of my favorite features. The Pokennect! [I told you it was functional] As you can see I've scrapped the whole "Check Mystery Gift" option on the Pokennect and decided to go with "Radio" instead. The Radio station is located in Fiesta Town [the center point of Zinnos] which means you'll get service any and everywhere in Zinnos. Even on the the three Mystery Gift only islands [Scrap, Golem, & Noel]. There are four radio stations. I'll explain them each in the spoiler below. If you don't care skip the spoiler!

Spoiler:

PokeMarch: Zinnos - Hosted by Dj Autumn, PokeMarch: Zinnos plays songs that any Trainer could march to. They're upbeat, jaunty tracks such as the Route 1 theme. This station cycles through 9 different songs.

Soothing Sounds - Hosted by Dj Nocturnal, Soothing Sounds plays smooth, soft songs. It's almost the polar opposite of PokeMarch: Zinnos and plays songs like the SS Anne theme. This station cycles through 5 different songs and is my personal favorite station.

Scenes! - Hosted by the Scenes Team, Scenes! plays town/city music. It's pretty basic really but a nice station to listen to if you don't like a city's default theme. This station cycles through 12 different songs.

Variety Show - Hosted by Crazy Curtis and Lovely Ciara, The Variety Show plays any and every song. It may repeat songs played by other stations but will also play songs unique to that particular station, such as the Water Labrynth theme. This is Zinnos largest station and plays 16 different songs.

The song that plays on each station is chosen at random so it is entirely possible that a station will play the same song twice in a row. It's also possible that a station may play the exact same song that you are currently listening to. I may or may not put into place some checks that will solve this minor issue. On to the next point:

These are screenshots from Ruby Lake, the route that follows Emerald Town. These screenshots are mainly here to show that I've already begun progressing pass Emerald Town and, subsequently, the first Alpha. There is a Fisherman who gives you an Old Rod and explains diving to you. In Shattered Dreams, Diving will be done similarly to RSE. First things first though, you can only dive from the center point of the dark water. Don't ask me why, it's just cleaner than allowing you to dive from any point in the dark water. Underatwer you will use your Surf sprite. Just like in RSE, under water everything is blue. Also, like RSE, there is seaweed growing underwater that house wild Pokemon. I've done the best I can emulating the Dive feature from RSE. Due to not having Surf yet, you will not be able to Dive underwater in the first Beta, however the Dive system is already incorporated and will be present in future releases. Now for Part 3 of this update:

These are screenshots from Beacon City and Beacon City Gym. Beacon City is analogous to Mirroredge City from the original Pokemon Requiem. It just looks WAY better [credit to WesleyFG for the street tiles] this time around. The police station has been erradicated in favor of the EctoTeam HQ. This means you'll be able to play the minigame Who You Gonna Call? that I announced back in April. Also Beacon Tower [also found in the orignal Pokemon Requiem] makes a reappearance. This time however it is not under seige by Team Rocket nor is it a Trainer Tower. It's a business, similar to Silph Co. and Devon Corp. The Beacon Company focuses on making items that help Trainers. They are the creators of the Pokennect. That said, Beacon Tower is where you'll get your Pokennect.

Conclusion:
I hope you all enjoyed this update. In my opinion it's been long overdue. As I've maintained for the last few weeks, I don't have a specific release date in mind for Beta 1 but I think it's only going to cover 3/8 Gyms. Also regarding the Pokennect. I'm debating on whether or not I should add a "Phone" feature. It would run similarly to the Phone Booths from Shiny Gold and Flora Sky. The only reason I'm not too gung-ho about it is because it would truly serve no major purpose. Trainer Rematches are already in the game so I don't know what I'd use the Phone for. Eh, we'll see about that. Also after running the World Map App, the Radio will shut off. Don't ask why, it just will.
The next update will come in about a week and a half [or so] and will showcase Shell Harbor City and Stargate Cave [which is the location of the first Rocket Event].

~QM
Old July 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
qaz015393

great updates, the new three Mystery Gifts seems awesome. also here is a new support bar with latios *i did 2 bc didnt no if i should leave the size of his sprite as or tr 2 make it small....* well again if u want any changes i can make them later the week *since i got midterm 2mor & then have another test the next dy & gota start my final project*
Attached Images
File Type: png SD5.png‎ (17.0 KB, 15 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png SD6.png‎ (16.8 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old July 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Hey thanks man. These look amazing!
Old July 17th, 2011, 01:37 PM
qaz015393

Quote:
Hey thanks man. These look amazing!
dont mention it *thou i havnt touched PS in a while i thought i should create something so i dont get rusty 4 my class next month :D*

Old July 17th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Great to see you are working.
BTW, Will you add new tiles or just go with Default? New tiles would be good.
Keep up the good work.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old July 17th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
Great to see you are working.
BTW, Will you add new tiles or just go with Default? New tiles would be good.
Keep up the good work.
Well, I like the hack default tiles the way it is now.
It's great. FR tiles are always awesome, y'know.
Old July 17th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
The updates look fantastic! I think everyone including me can see that you've been working extremely hard on this hack. This could be a tough decision for everyone when the HOTY is available.

Anyway, good luck.
Old July 18th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

The new updates are amazing. I really like the pokennect feature.

Old July 18th, 2011, 04:23 PM
LapeFruitz
Khaos Hacker

Nature: Lax
Wohohoooow! Damn! This hack is amazing, dude, you gotta finish this thing!

Old July 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Well, I like the hack default tiles the way it is now.
It's great. FR tiles are always awesome, y'know.
Sorry mate, I can't agree with you. Well yea it better than others but you know it boring to play with same thing. There are a lot of hack based on FR. so, I think at least Tree tiles and some pallet should be changed to make it non boring hack.
I really don't like FR trees.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old July 19th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
The updates look fantastic! I think everyone including me can see that you've been working extremely hard on this hack. This could be a tough decision for everyone when the HOTY is available.

Anyway, good luck. ;)
Hahaha HoTY? I doubt it. There are definitely some better hacks out there [namely Lilac]. Thanks for the support though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
The new updates are amazing. I really like the pokennect feature.
Thanks, I really like it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LapeFruitz View Post
Wohohoooow! Damn! This hack is amazing, dude, you gotta finish this thing!
Thanks! I plan to finish this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post

Sorry mate, I can't agree with you:(. Well yea it better than others but you know it boring to play with same thing. There are a lot of hack based on FR. so, I think at least Tree tiles and some pallet should be changed to make it non boring hack.
I really don't like FR trees.
Sorry, the tiles are not changing. I like the way the game looks right now and so the look won't change.

Minor Update

I'm going to scrap the Who You Gonna Call? minigame. I have it scripted and everything but I REALLY don't like the way it is right now. If I were to redo it, it would delay the beta so I decided I'm going to just scrap the whole thing. We'll see about putting in a different mini-game other than Tasty's To Go.

That's all for now, I have to get back to working on this. Next major update to come this weekend,
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Do you mind if i make my own custom support bar? Or at least try to lol. If not, thats fine. Ill just use one that qaz made ( :

Old July 20th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Do you mind if i make my own custom support bar? Or at least try to lol. If not, thats fine. Ill just use one that qaz made ( :
You can go ahead and make your own support bar, I don't mind.
Old July 20th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Quote:
You can go ahead and make your own support bar, I don't mind.
signature done! ( : hope you like it.

Old July 20th, 2011, 08:53 AM
icychill66

I don't think I've ever directly communicated to you, Quilava's Master--which is a shame because I've always appreciated and admired your diligent work on Fire Red hacks. Obviously, this hack will impress me, and others of course. Specifically, the scripting looks very solid, as well as the graphical side of the game. Keep up the good work!
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
drew6464
Artist, spriter

Nature: Relaxed
Quilava, I'm too bored =_= so I put together a new Userbar for you.

hope you like it.
If you cannot get ahold of me / sent a message with no reply to me, the best course of action would be to send me a message on Skype (hesitationaggravation) or deviantART (monochrome0), because I am by no means consistently active on these forums.

Every tear is
Every tear is
Every teardrop is a waterfall
Every tear is
Every tear is
Every teardrop is a waterfall
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:54 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
signature done! ( : hope you like it.
I do. It looks really good :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icychill66 View Post
I don't think I've ever directly communicated to you, Quilava's Master--which is a shame because I've always appreciated and admired your diligent work on Fire Red hacks. Obviously, this hack will impress me, and others of course. Specifically, the scripting looks very solid, as well as the graphical side of the game. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, I really liked TheTempest. Sad to see it go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew6464 View Post
Quilava, I'm too bored =_= so I put together a new Userbar for you.

hope you like it.
I love it! If you don't mind, can you make one with the girl too.

Minor Update

The other day I stated that I scrapped the Who You Gonna Call? sidequest. I lied. I found some unexpected down time and managed to rescript it. It's so much better! I'll explain it further in the next update, which should be next week.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links