• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Glitch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
Umm, you're not really gonna get any answers posting this in glitch discussion. Try asking in the Q&A thread instead. You'll be noticed more there, since well, that thread is for questions. If possible, could you post a picture? I've never heard of it doing that. Or trying blowing into the cartridge and then playing.

Sorry, I thought I saw people asking questions here, and the game wasn't doing what it's supposed to do, so its a glitch, right?

Anyway, It's hard for me to take a picture of my Gameboy Color's screen since it isn't very bright. I should have also mentioned that I don't hack or anything, I'm not even sure I really understand any of that stuff.

I'll try blowing on it a few times, and try the Q&A if the problem continues. Now that I think about it, I should have been able to think of that on my own, especially since I used to own a N64 Lol. But my game is sentimental to me so I got really upset and wasn't thinking. Thanks for your reply :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Leafgreen memory glitch

I remember when pokemon leafgreen first came out,i played it non stop loved owning that game,anyways i played,and eventually got to Victory Road saved the game cause i had to go eat or something.After turned my game back on to find out my game was deleted!It got me so pissed off,but i just went with it and continued on with my NEW GAME and after a few weeks of playing here and there i got up to Blaine,and was stoked on how much better my pokemon were this playthrough and got over the fact that my game deleted for no reason.So then i save my game and turn it off.Wake up the next morning and turn my game on and it strangely went back to the first playthrough!!!-_____-
got mega trolled. D:

IAshKetchum

Pokémon master.
Years
Not do the missingo glitch since i was younger.. recently done the mew glitch on my yellow version.. wish i knew about that when i was younger..

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I did the Missingno. glitch all the time back when RB first came out, and abused the experience gained by beating Missingno. Never did the Mew glitch, though. I was really young then, so it probably would have been too complicated for me to figure out.

SirCmpwn

Coding Knight
Years
I love glitches :) manipulating them is one of my favorite activities. I've used the Mew glitch recently, and I haven't used the MissingNo Item Glitch since I was much younger. I've done several other less important glitches, and I've played around in the disassembly several times, so I know a lot about how they work. Of course, Gen I is my favorite, so I haven't really done much on other generations, except for the Celebi egg glitch to help fill out my 'dex in Gold.
I don't really like using glitches to cheat, but just to have fun. I like the Mew glitch because it triggers a battle with Mew, instead of just giving it to you, so there is still some skill involved.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
Okay, a query for the glitchers out there. I've been doing the RB glitches for years now, hell I used to nerf the playground with my sky attacking Kangaskhan before anybody even caught onto my bluff, but it's only recently I started abusing hex values to get into trainer fights through the Old Man Glitch.

Now what i'm wondering is what determines the teams they send out? It seems nearly all the time that it's a team of Lvl 32's, including 2 odd glitches and 2 glitcherinos. But I do on rare occasions come across a team of lvl 111's including a Drowzee, a Pidgey, some sort of Pokegod and a Missingno.

Just wondering if anybody knows what triggers the latter team? I have also once come across a battle starting with a third enemy set, but the first glitch pokemon froze my game when it attacked me.

Years
I've done the Mew glitch and have Mew. I've also done the MissingNo. glitch once, but quickly turned off my game. I've never attempted the truck glitch or any of the other ones.

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
I've done:
Experience underflow
Pokemon merge
Celebi egg
Extended cloning (makes non-shiny pokemon into shinies)
Shiny ditto glitch
Mew glitch
Cloning
Long range trainer extended (to get Q)

And a few more..

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
Years
Pokemon Yellow: Glitch Combining. Pikablu

1313918446377.png
1313921904271.png

Anyone interested? I can post instructions, but they're long and rather complicated. If nobody is interested, I'd rather not take the time.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxfy4659f4Y

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
In Red, how can I successfully capture the Glitch Pokémon PokéWTrainer without having the game freeze the second the battle with it begins? I've heard that it and .4 can really screw up your game, and that's what I'm trying to do. (I've already captured .4)

And sorry for the bump.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Can someone describe the Pikablu glitch? I can't view Youtube. (my phone sucks and it's blocked on the school computor)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
When doing the celebi egg glitch, how do you determine what moves it will have when it hatches, or is it just random?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back