• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: SkyDock: The ROM Hacking Organisational Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
This sounds amazing, can't wait until you finish it! :)

So, there should be a tab on the side where it has all of the tools (that automatically open the ROM of your choosing :P).

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
This sounds amazing, can't wait until you finish it! :)

So, there should be a tab on the side where it has all of the tools (that automatically open the ROM of your choosing :P).

As I said, that is going to be what I am doing with the blank bar at the bottom...

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Okay, thanks for clearing that up :P. Wasn't sure what Dock space meant.

msfan645

Back from Inactivity
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
Wow! Nice tool!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years

Actually, if you had read the first post, then you would know it is programmed to be OS independent.

That doesn't mean I'll build it for that OS, I'll only build for Linux and Windows myself. It is open source however, so if someone can figure out how to build to for Mac, then they are free too. Not really any point in doing so, because it runs other tools, which are probably for windows only (or linux if you're lucky)...

Fortunado

Prof. Hemlock is busy now...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
That's the biggest tease I've ever seen, and I waited for Duke Nukem Forever. This looks like it's going to be really great (unlike most of Duke).

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
And...unless I'm misunderstanding G.U. the tool is nearing completion. (:
The dock is completely functional. ATM he's adding kinetics and other nice effects. I don't know if he's got the backup / freespace management system. [ or was I imagining backups? I think I need to talk to him about this idea...haha. ]

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
And...unless I'm misunderstanding G.U. the tool is nearing completion. (:
The dock is completely functional. ATM he's adding kinetics and other nice effects. I don't know if he's got the backup / freespace management system. [ or was I imagining backups? I think I need to talk to him about this idea...haha. ]

Well patching the patching functions have been written, so I just need to change them slightly to integrate with the GUI. And yes, backups are a feature. The main reason why I haven't updated the thread is because there's no visible progress yet. I still need to connect the features to the GUI.
I'm leaving free-space management to last, so no development has been done on this.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I see. Remember that CPPSQLITE wrapper I showed you? It has a blob constructor class. Storing backup patches into that would be a piece of cake, AND FS management would be a PIECEOFCAKEBABEH! :D

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
I see. Remember that CPPSQLITE wrapper I showed you? It has a blob constructor class. Storing backup patches into that would be a piece of cake, AND FS management would be a PIECEOFCAKEBABEH! :D

Thanks for that. I'm working on file loading now. Though storing the free-space manger data isn't a problem, it's finding out when you've used space that is :/

I'm trying to find a way to do it that doesn't involve a map of free space... That would clog up the memory.

On a side note, UPDATE!

The dock is fully functional! Programs are run when you click on them, new items can be added, etc. Scrolling works, except it looks ugly ATM. I will fix that up later when I've finished the rest.
Also if progress seems slow, it is. I'm busy with more important stuff like life and school, so progress will be minimal until I get a break.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
will include Spanish language? if needed, could translate it, if you want hehe​

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Honestly, I can't wait for this tool! It will (hopefully) clear up my hacking clutter and organize it! It will be a time saver and a life saver.

pspdude

:o super shinx?
Years
just gunna guess this is dead? If so, it's a shame to see such a tool go in the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back