The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:48 PM
AntiZero
Remember?

Nature: Timid
I restarted my White version a while ago, so I don't think I'm going to participate in a contest until I've progressed further in the game. I can't shiny hunt in White yet, seeing as I'm only at Castelia City ;_;'
So I guess I'm gonna take a small break to progress through the games before doing any contests or anything. Ehehe...sorry.

Old July 11th, 2011, 05:22 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K 9 View Post
I've been doing this all day, and I've decided to save myself some time and just record my encounters, rather than record the pokemon I find, to get the job done faster.
doing this, 2587 encounters in (exc. the encounters in kanto) I encountered a shiny murkrow in the lost cave outside of five island! woo! :D

PROOF:
Spoiler:

naughty nature... not brilliant for competitive battling, but ah well.
*Throws DS out of the house*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato4eyes View Post
Nice one :D

How do you take pictures like that?
He's using a ROM probably.....

Alright, I'm participating on the new event. (Is there any emblem for that as well?)

Gen IV

Route 23

Edit: Oops... Route 23 ain't in HGSS.... =___= I'll do this again (I'll post pic as soon as I feel like using random generator)

Last edited by 2Cool4Mewtwo; July 11th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old July 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
a slight error or two in the pokedex. I don't have a rapidash or Hariyama, I didn't evolve them when I caught them.

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Wow, it's been busy here. Congrats to all the new shiny Pokémon and contest winners, and welcome all new members!

I didn't get past route 1 before the previous contest ended, lol. I will enter the new contest. I got gen 5 route 17, which means that if I get a shiny it will be Frillish. Of course I get stuck with a route that has nothing but water when I don't like surfing, lol. Can I alternate between surfing and fishing, or do I have to choose one? If I can only do one, then I'll just surf.

Old July 11th, 2011, 10:12 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

I was really bored... so I "improved" some of the terrible shinies to look "better" (IMO) - Some might like it more, some might not.

Spoiler:

#121 Starmie

Pretty simple... I changed the color from annoying reddish-pink ring thing to steely gray.

#128 Tauros

Yucky green-yellow combo is yucky. I just eased up on the colorful colors so they wouldn't look "yucky" and more natural. (Ignore the green legs error)

#135 & 136 Jolteon & Flareon

Jolteon & Flareon. I mean, I like eeveelutions, but these are just terrible. Green doesn't fit into Jolteon and lighter colored flareon is no appeal to me. Jolteon I just changed to light blue, because color of real thunder is close to light blue (as far as what we can see) and I recolored Flareon to dark blue, because it looks much cooler that way IMO (Some might not like it, oh well)

#150 Mewtwo

I actually have no problem with current mewtwo shiny sprite despite its common color green. It's still pretty cool. But I just wanted to experiment with it to see the frightening outcome of White & Red... Not bad actually.

#242 Blissey

Current Shiny Blissey is just a lighter version of its real self. I thought light yellow would fit in because it's a really light color :D (It could've been green or blue, but I wouldn't think it would've fit as much)

#371, 372, 373 - Bagon Evo Line

Green simply does not fit into these guys at all.... I tried to experiment with Red & Black, and it worked perfectly imo. (Bagon's sprite is bit off though... I couldn't get rid of the white on the top)

#382 Kyogre

I don't like purple Kyogre, so I changed it to silvery color, to contrast with Gold Groudon (Which GF incidentally messed it up with unnecessary extra lime-yellow in Gen IV IMO)

#445 Garchomp

Current Shiny Garchomp is as pathetic as it can be. It's almost exact same hue as the original, just with slighter hint of darkness than normal garchomp. I wanted to change it dramatically from the jet-blue pre-evos with white (To resemble a bit more of real-life sharks), which worked out fantastically IMO.

Of course it's just opinion (Who knows, some might find shiny garchomp attractive), but I just wanted to change it the way I wanted to

Old July 12th, 2011, 09:25 AM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
Wow, the other contest is over already? o.o guess I'll be joining the new one, lol.

So, based on my results, I'll be hunting at Route 37 on Heart Gold. The shinies I can possibly get are:

They're all yellow or green except for Spinarak xD but I really like these~
I stay away
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:37 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
So, I found an old notebook of mine and I saw that I recorded Beldum SRs from Pokemon Ruby on it. I had a total of 711 SRs for it. I was like.."What the hell, might as well do it."

So, I picked up my Ruby..and of course it didn't work. So I downloaded a ROM and after just 874 soft resets..a shiny Beldum has appeared!

Hm..I hope you can Pal Park Pokemon on emulators..O_O

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Shelmet
Spiraling Disastertastrophe

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shelmet
I'd quite like to join this club. I don't have any shiny Pokémon currently, but I have caught a few before. Since then, most of my games have been victims to fatal accidents or accidental deletions. The last shiny Pokémon I caught was a Shelmet.
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:56 AM
2Cool4Mewtwo

My new route is...

....Oh God... As far as I know this route has some of the worst-colored shinies >.> (Yes, I'm talking to you, Tauros & Miltank )

Old July 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
My new route is...

....Oh God... As far as I know this route has some of the worst-colored shinies >.> (Yes, I'm talking to you, Tauros & Miltank )
You can't change routes. That ruins the point of being random.

Old July 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
You can't change routes. That ruins the point of being random.
But I had 23... There's no grass... (and I had Gen IV - Yes, I used to have FireRed but I lost it couple weeks ago) does that mean I can't participate in the event? )

Old July 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
But I had 23... There's no grass... (and I had Gen IV - Yes, I used to have FireRed but I lost it couple weeks ago) does that mean I can't participate in the event? )
Oh I didn't know that. O:

Then you're fine.

-----

So, I just went though hours of trying to get VBA to connect to Desmume so I can use Pal Park between emulators, I eventually did get it to work with a Diamond game. So, I put that on my R4, traded it to Platinum, and then transferred it to White. afihasifjajis! Can't believe it! <3

These are from VBA when I first found it.
This is from Desmume when I used Palpark.
Trading it to Platinum.
Transfering it to White.
White Profile (1)
White Profile (2)
Box
In battle (way over its head I may add)

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Last edited by G.U.Y.; July 12th, 2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Lake of Retro
Just keep swimming.

Oh my god, I am thrilled to say I want to enter, and I just did the random thing, and I got Unova and the EXACT same route I'm ALREADY doing a hunt on! YES!

I'm RE'ing on my new DSi on Soul Silver for a Grimer, I'll alternate hunts, good luck to everyone!

Quote:
Right now I am inside Pinwheel Forest. I have a total of 1100 encounters. No shinies.

If I do get a shiny there I'd prefer..

It looks like an Emonga with a leaf blanket.
Took me like 9500+ to get that thing.

Last edited by Lake of Retro; July 12th, 2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:11 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Too bad emulator shinies don't count... or am I missing something?

Also you know how much I love random target hunts.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 13th, 2011, 03:48 AM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
So, I found an old notebook of mine and I saw that I recorded Beldum SRs from Pokemon Ruby on it. I had a total of 711 SRs for it. I was like.."What the hell, might as well do it."

So, I picked up my Ruby..and of course it didn't work. So I downloaded a ROM and after just 874 soft resets..a shiny Beldum has appeared!

Hm..I hope you can Pal Park Pokemon on emulators..O_O

you can get the .pkm file out of the .sav, and then put the .pkm file on something like pokécheck. btw gratz!

o___0 Wow, this is getting insane. I now hatched 1355 eggs (Really close to the odds) And haven't gotten anything. Not even a 6x 0 IVd Modest Taillow. I really hope I get it soon cos I'm loosing my patience, cos I also have a 2 month drought... GL to all! I hope you get awesome shinies
Old July 13th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
ROM shinys have never counted in here.It just ruins it you can speed up the roms and everything to speed up encounters and resets. don't make emulator ones count please :)

Kanto
Route 13

Going to join the new contest. Will be fun to do :) random encountering is fun.

ust looked at my route. Its horrible haha. Not even got any shines I really want. I think I will RE in water rather than grass.
Old July 13th, 2011, 05:51 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Too bad emulator shinies don't count... or am I missing something?

Also you know how much I love random target hunts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
ROM shinys have never counted in here.It just ruins it you can speed up the roms and everything to speed up encounters and resets. don't make emulator ones count please
Uh, why would emulator shinies not count? They're still 1/8192, if speeding it up is a reason to disqualify them then so should using more than one system at a time to hunt, or the Masuda Method, or using the double encounter grass.

Also, where is "here"? In this club, I've always allowed it. In the past club there are no rules disallowing it.

I don't make rules that would contradict one another. On top of that, finding a shiny is completely luck based. It is not dependent on how many encounters or soft resets you do, therefore how fast you do those encounters and soft resets is completely irrelevant.

If you find a reason, just one, that does not contradict with something that is perfectly allowable, I will add it to the rules.

And my Beldum wasn't for a contest, it was just because I wanted to hunt for it, and I did so at completely normal speed (although I can't prove that, but playing with toggle gives me a headache.)

Last edited by G.U.Y.; July 13th, 2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:48 AM
R.K 9
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
ROM shinys have never counted in here.It just ruins it you can speed up the roms and everything to speed up encounters and resets. don't make emulator ones count please
what the hell..? if they're still shinies and they're still legitimate then that should be all that matters. besides even if you do speed it up, the encounter rate remains the same, so there's no reason for it to be banned. >.>
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Nato4eyes

Im just wondering but how many REs do you guys average a day?
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:33 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Oh I didn't know that. O:

Then you're fine.

-----

So, I just went though hours of trying to get VBA to connect to Desmume so I can use Pal Park between emulators, I eventually did get it to work with a Diamond game. So, I put that on my R4, traded it to Platinum, and then transferred it to White. afihasifjajis! Can't believe it! <3

These are from VBA when I first found it.
This is from Desmume when I used Palpark.
Trading it to Platinum.
Transfering it to White.
White Profile (1)
White Profile (2)
Box
In battle (way over its head I may add)

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
Lucky you didn't find that beldum in safari zone... It has a catch rate of 3. (0.4 percent chance of catching it with regular pokeball and full health with no status, which means if you find shiny beldum in safari zone then it's pretty much a shiny gone down the drain)

Also I hit 2000 encounters for the new event. I'm really hoping not to get Tauros or Miltank. -____-

Last edited by 2Cool4Mewtwo; July 13th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old July 13th, 2011, 08:12 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

I think I am going to soft reset for a Shiny Torchic. I saw Mirage Island yesterday, but I didn't stay at it after I found it and it went away.
Quote:
Lucky you didn't find that beldum in safari zone... It has a catch rate of 3. (0.4 percent chance of catching it with regular pokeball and full health with no status, which means if you find shiny beldum in safari zone then it's pretty much a shiny gone down the drain)

Also I hit 2000 encounters for the new event. I'm really hoping not to get Tauros or Miltank. -____-
Yeah lol. I've seen a few videos of them on Youtube, sucks for them!

Last edited by G.U.Y.; July 14th, 2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Shelmet
Spiraling Disastertastrophe

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shelmet
I finished Black yesterday, so I decided to try and find a shiny today. I got bored after 3 and a half hours of running around Route 14, though. The only good shinies there are Altaria and Drifblim, anyway. I'm going to pick another route - if I get a shiny, I want it to be a decent one...
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:13 AM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
It's an example of an unsupported device. Please refer to the Shiny Hunter's Manual, article 4, section 2:
Quote:
Condition 1: Its data has been generated or modified within the software environment of an Unsupported Device. Examples of this include use of emulators and save file modification.
Keeping shinies on emulators is okay. It counts as Unsupported Transport--the same category which includes all wi-fi interaction. But shinies originating from there don't count under the Manual. I dunno what rules you want to follow in this club.

Savestates can make SRing go super fast.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:04 AM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Since the shc on Serebii is closed, I guess this is the only one alive still...Too sad that one was closed because it was pretty big, with a lot more posts every day than here. RIP SHC#3

Well I just got up to 1550 Taillow eggs (I know) and I'm getting sick of this hunt, but I'm not giving up ever because who searches, will find! And it is my favorite pokémon & shiny. Also have some hunts besides that; stole my brothers DSi because he's away for the whole week and started hunting on his White (he was already hunting Mienfoo so I'm finishing that and will of course keep the shiny :3) So yeah that's everything guys; GL to all of you and gratz on the new shinies!
Old July 15th, 2011, 07:43 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
It's an example of an unsupported device. Please refer to the Shiny Hunter's Manual, article 4, section 2:

Keeping shinies on emulators is okay. It counts as Unsupported Transport--the same category which includes all wi-fi interaction. But shinies originating from there don't count under the Manual. I dunno what rules you want to follow in this club.

Savestates can make SRing go super fast.
Here's my stance on it: As long as it's not hacked it's fine. If it was obtained through the normal chances of getting a shiny, I see no reason for it to be not counted.

I will discuss it with the co-owners to see if they think I should ban 2nd and 3rd generation ROM shinies from contests only because of the ability to speed it up (you can't really speed up 4th generation roms or 5th generation roms).

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links