The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted June 3rd, 2011 (05:30 PM).
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
So far people have agreed to translate it into the following languages:
- Japanese
- Polish
- Italian
- French
- Dutch

I sent off the Brown off to the translators, so now it's up to them how long it takes. Of course, there's no rush.

Since I'm going to be updating the ROM anyway, I might as well improve a few things and fix some problems (Like the Pokemon pictures having lines through them on some emulators). We'll just see what happens.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old Posted June 4th, 2011 (09:02 AM).
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
Since I'm going to be updating the ROM anyway, I might as well improve a few things and fix some problems (Like the Pokemon pictures having lines through them on some emulators). We'll just see what happens.
I know you get this asked far too much but I'm just hoping that that was a hint at maybe full colour support on the horizon?
Old Posted June 5th, 2011 (04:33 PM).
Melash
Back for now.

Hey everyone, I'm back.

I've decided to do a LP of this hack for fun. If you want to watch it, you can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-MWxkQMB4o
Old Posted June 7th, 2011 (07:41 PM).
Westopher
Beginning Trainer

Hey everyone, first off, Brown is amazing. This game takes my top 5; tied up with Rijion X. :3

Anyways, after an intense amount of Google searching I thought I'd ask here, sorry if this isn't the correct location. I'm not a frequent user of these forums.

1. Where do I get HM04 - Strength?

2. Where do I get HM03 - Surf?

3. I'm mildly stuck now. I just completed my 5th gym and I have no clue where to go. I've beaten the Silph Co. place, gone as far as I can in the Haunted Woods before the level 30 "ghost" starts being a jabroni. (That I need the Silph Co. Device, but I have no clue where to obtain it.) I also got as far as I could in Castro Forest, but I think I need a Pokeflute as there's a Snorlax at the end? Also at the end of the Bike Path as well.

If it helps I have a Red Amulet and I heard I need to complete a trade sequence pertaining to that Amulet?

Thanks to whoever answers and again sorry if this is in the incorrect spot; 100 apologies! :D
Old Posted June 19th, 2011 (08:36 AM).
ChainedTeapot
Let's Player

I've started doing a Nuzlocke of Brown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZaTXPExsH0

I've done a fair amount more than I've uploaded so far and have to say I am really enjoying Brown, it's such a fresh of fresh air playing a game where I don't know where to go or what to expect, as well as adding on the extra challenge of a nuzlocke.

I haven't finished/failed so far but I'm hoping to beat the E4 and attempt the final dungeon which should be a lot of fun. No matter how it ends have to say the game is a lot of fun and does offer a good challenge from what I've played so far and pretty sure it will continue on.

Youtube Channel
Old Posted June 20th, 2011 (05:37 PM).
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Sweet nostalgia. I remember this game,
it was the first hack I ever played. (though I must have applied it badly, as it got glitchy)
Old Posted June 20th, 2011 (06:31 PM).
kitred123

I was playing through Pokemon Brown today and I'm stuck, I have 5 badges and have no clue where to go. I have the PokeFlute already and also, where do I get Fly?
Old Posted July 7th, 2011 (03:48 AM). Edited July 7th, 2011 by jvpski3.
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Whats tools did you use? Can you please tell me? Or is it the same as Pok'emon Prism?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh!
I'm sure I already check Rijon.com . Also, is the name french sorta? Rijon?
Old Posted July 12th, 2011 (08:57 AM).
Xadio
Virus Buster

Nature: Gentle
When i try to trade so i can evolve my Kadabra it doesn't evolve. Is this some kinda error? I have traded it several times now and it still hasn't evolved. I am using TGB Dual 7 to trade.
Old Posted July 12th, 2011 (10:00 AM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadio View Post
When i try to trade so i can evolve my Kadabra it doesn't evolve. Is this some kinda error? I have traded it several times now and it still hasn't evolved. I am using TGB Dual 7 to trade.
A lot of hacks change Pokemon's evolution method to not require trading. This may be one of them. Try leveling up.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old Posted July 12th, 2011 (11:32 AM).
Xadio
Virus Buster

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
A lot of hacks change Pokemon's evolution method to not require trading. This may be one of them. Try leveling up.
Oh okay, since a lot of hacks i have played still requires you to trade.
Old Posted July 12th, 2011 (12:23 PM).
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
So far people have agreed to translate it into the following languages:
- Japanese
- Polish
- Italian
- French
- Dutch
Could you say who's the Polish translator?

Whoever that is, I most likely know him.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old Posted July 16th, 2011 (04:33 AM).
ChainedTeapot
Let's Player

You obtain several "Trade stones" in the game which are to evolve Pokemon that evolve via trade.

Youtube Channel
Old Posted July 16th, 2011 (01:44 PM). Edited July 20th, 2011 by Roareye.
Roareye
a.k.a. Khaladar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Could you say who's the Polish translator?

Whoever that is, I most likely know him.
Are you sure? I don't recall ever talking to you.

---

Anyways, work's going pretty good so far, KBM. I'm done with this year of college, and that other guy's working pretty fast too. But there's one thing - we left items as they are for now. Is there a way to make the line for items visible if it's longer than, let's say, 12 characters? We CAN just use abbreviations, but that would leave most of the players perplexed about the actual name of the item. More often than not polish names and words are hella long compared to their english counterparts. Well... I think I mentioned it already.

Also, I was really shocked when I saw your apology thread. Mostly just because I saw no reason in it at all. You stated the rules, clearly. I'm a type of person who would also get mad at your place. I guess that makes me a bad person.

Anyway - good luck on your future projects.

Regards
~ Roa
Old Posted July 17th, 2011 (12:59 PM).
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

What's the tools? Same as Prism? Also, are you gonna put Dark and Steel Pokemon Red on PC? Thanks.
Old Posted July 19th, 2011 (05:11 AM).
Quaresma.pl
Togepi

Hi guys, I need to say that I finsh this hack somethink about 5 times on my cell phone, and today i started again, so I have some questions because I want be sure of my futured team.
1 How to evolve piloswine? Is he evolve into mamoswine by lvl up?
2 Where ca i found clefairy to trade it for lapras because I was searching in first cave 2 hours when i was playing erlier and nothink was there.
3 Is machop evolution chain have edited moves?
4 Raichu vs Electravire vs Ampharos? What you would chose? xD (magneton was beast but i don't want chose him one more time. xD

Old Posted July 21st, 2011 (02:41 AM).
cardboardbox
Roaming Johto

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaresma.pl View Post
Hi guys, I need to say that I finsh this hack somethink about 5 times on my cell phone, and today i started again, so I have some questions because I want be sure of my futured team.
1 How to evolve piloswine? Is he evolve into mamoswine by lvl up?
2 Where ca i found clefairy to trade it for lapras because I was searching in first cave 2 hours when i was playing erlier and nothink was there.
3 Is machop evolution chain have edited moves?
4 Raichu vs Electravire vs Ampharos? What you would chose? xD (magneton was beast but i don't want chose him one more time. xD
I can only really answer the first one, as my memory is kind of failing. But Piloswine evolves into Mamoswine at L.58.
Old Posted July 21st, 2011 (02:59 PM).
Damned

Just wanted to know, are there still trade evolutions in this game, or were those done away with? If so, how do Machoke / Graveler / Kadabra / etc. now evolve?
Old Posted July 21st, 2011 (03:05 PM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
Just wanted to know, are there still trade evolutions in this game, or were those done away with? If so, how do Machoke / Graveler / Kadabra / etc. now evolve?
I'm fairly sure (haven't played Pokemon Brown in a while) that you can find items called Trade Stones (I think that is what they were called XP) which you can use to evolve a Pokemon that would normally evolve by trading.

Check out the new thread soon!

Old Posted July 22nd, 2011 (10:29 AM).
Quaresma.pl
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
Trade stone you can find in forest in bug and use surf on on the nortf of the first town

Old Posted July 23rd, 2011 (07:53 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2011 by Charizardguy.
Charizardguy

Would anybody be able to help me? I am trying to get the game to work with colour on MeBoy (phone emulator). I can get colour on VBA fine, but I can't figure out how to get it to work on my MeBoy emulator. I tried changing the file extension to .sgb like someone suggested but no luck.
Old Posted July 24th, 2011 (02:02 AM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by Decon082.
Decon082
Beginning Trainer

Great game, CBM! I've played on and off for the past few months, and finally got around to beating the Final Dungeon today. Thoroughly a great game, and the best hack I have ever played, by far!

One question though: Who do you talk to to revive the fossils you find in the dungeon?

EDIT: Wow, I'm stupid. It was right next-door... xD
Old Posted August 2nd, 2011 (06:05 AM).
Flarey
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizardguy View Post
Would anybody be able to help me? I am trying to get the game to work with colour on MeBoy (phone emulator). I can get colour on VBA fine, but I can't figure out how to get it to work on my MeBoy emulator. I tried changing the file extension to .sgb like someone suggested but no luck.
I've got the same thing on my mind as you. Been trying, but no luck. I too wait patiently for an answer.
Old Posted August 2nd, 2011 (07:19 AM).
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizardguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarey View Post
I've got the same thing on my mind as you. Been trying, but no luck. I too wait patiently for an answer.
I was wondering the same! I play Brown on my mobile through MeBoy, but it his white and black

I also tried playing prism there, but it's too big :cer_frown:
Old Posted August 2nd, 2011 (11:13 AM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Maybe the emulator isn't compatible with Super Game Boy. I still think no color is nice though.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Quick Reply