The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:03 AM
loldawg
Golf Wang swag

Why aren't you using the old Ash battle sprite back from the Ep. 2 screenshots anymore? I think it looks way better than the current one.
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:57 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

@lodawg: This is the one used in 3.0.

Old July 20th, 2011, 04:29 AM
rockerzz182
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
thats a good sprite..cant wait to play the beta 3..
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:06 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

It will be only temporary, right?
After that episode ASM routine for disobeying will once again activate, won't it? :D

It will be temporary. jambo51 set it up for me so that I can turn it on and off via a variable.

Quote:
That's pretty good!
Can we presume that there aren't any bugs since you're progressing so quickly? .)[/B]
Actually, a few bugs that I'm working out the kinks on - also adding a few things now that I have an asm code from JPAN that allows me to make a wild Pokemon uncatchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loldawg View Post
Why aren't you using the old Ash battle sprite back from the Ep. 2 screenshots anymore? I think it looks way better than the current one.
Nobody liked the old one. The one that is shown in the first post is the backsprite that will be in the next beta.
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
It will be temporary. jambo51 set it up for me so that I can turn it on and off via a variable.
Yeah, Jambo knows his stuff that's great he did that for AshGray =)

Quote:
Actually, a few bugs that I'm working out the kinks on - also adding a few things now that I have an asm code from JPAN that allows me to make a wild Pokemon uncatchable.
So you actually made it :D That's awesome in which episode will we see it for the first time?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Gamader
Beginning Trainer

how can i beat misty... i only leveled up pikachu and sandshrew , pikachu wont fight against her? so i have to take her with sandshrew which cant win because water is strong against him... so what can i do to beat her?
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:36 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamader View Post
how can i beat misty... i only leveled up pikachu and sandshrew , pikachu wont fight against her? so i have to take her with sandshrew which cant win because water is strong against him... so what can i do to beat her?
i leveled up pidegotto and butterfree and the battle was pretty easy from there.

and metapod, hows the bug list thing going? any major ones?

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:38 AM
tigeris56
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
cach i wild pokemon and level up it by fighting wild poke
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
aperso
left to www.thepkmnworld.com

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aperso
Quote:
catch other pokemon like rattatata

Old July 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperso View Post

catch other pokemon like rattatata
Or Butterfree or Pidgeotto =) That'd be better =)

Old July 20th, 2011, 11:29 AM
chaizard_trainer
Beginning Trainer

meta what poke uwant to be unchatchable? will it be mewtwo?
Old July 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Charizard06
Beginning Trainer

hey i was wondering which download i should download. and when the next beta comes out will i be able to continue where i left off or restart? it looks like an awsome hack. i wish u the best of luck with finishing it and cant wait to play it.
Old July 20th, 2011, 05:39 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard06 View Post
hey i was wondering which download i should download. and when the next beta comes out will i be able to continue where i left off or restart? it looks like an awsome hack. i wish u the best of luck with finishing it and cant wait to play it.
Look at the first post and you should see the one he wants you to download, and you dont exactly have to reset, its recemended though cause re-patching a new ips to an old one will cause problems.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old July 20th, 2011, 06:35 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:

So you actually made it :D That's awesome in which episode will we see it for the first time?
Tentacool vs. Tentacruel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
and metapod, hows the bug list thing going? any major ones?
There have been quite a few bugs, most of which weren't present when I initially created/tested the scripts. I'm sure there will be others that crop up after I release the beta, but I'll do my best to fix those when they're reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaizard_trainer View Post
meta what poke uwant to be unchatchable? will it be mewtwo?
No plans to have you battle Mewtwo as of right now. So far the uncatchable wild Pokemon are: 2x powerful giant Tentacruel; 2x powerful giant Onix; and Blastoise from Beach Blank-out Blastoise

A future uncatchable Pokemon will be the crystal Onix.
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:06 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

Is there a reason to not allow them be caught? I mean, sure, Ash didn't catch them, but so many other pokemon would be not allowed then too.

Also, was the Kadabra of Sabrina's nerfed a bit? The fastest of Ash's team is Pikachu, and until it can outspeed Kadabra, it will be killed in one shot. EVERYTHING is killed by one shot. It outspeed it at 40+ or something, so...

Either the level of that Kadabra should be lowered, or it's speed stat dropped. :/
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:26 AM
ahmad707
Beginning Trainer

Hi Metapod Can You Just Inform Us How Much Time Will Beta 3 Need To Be Released ?? Is It Like A Week ?? Or a Months ? Or It Will Need More Time ? Because I Just Cant Wait So Please Answer :D
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:58 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad707 View Post
Hi Metapod Can You Just Inform Us How Much Time Will Beta 3 Need To Be Released ?? Is It Like A Week ?? Or a Months ? Or It Will Need More Time ? Because I Just Cant Wait So Please Answer :D
Dude relax it'll be here very soon. There's a section in the first psot that shows you how many episodes he completed. The one's with the check means that he's already beta tested thouse. Well all of the one's that have been slashed through have a check next to them it means it's time to drop the next beta.
Old July 21st, 2011, 09:57 AM
chaizard_trainer
Beginning Trainer

yahooo the beta testing is almost done
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:46 PM
ahmad707
Beginning Trainer

Thanks Alot For Your Info :D
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:53 PM
Bulbasaurus Rex
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barondante View Post
Also, was the Kadabra of Sabrina's nerfed a bit? The fastest of Ash's team is Pikachu, and until it can outspeed Kadabra, it will be killed in one shot. EVERYTHING is killed by one shot. It outspeed it at 40+ or something, so...

Either the level of that Kadabra should be lowered, or it's speed stat dropped. :/
Could you at least let it use other attacks? Being outsped is one thing, but you don't even give us a chance when it uses Psybeam every single turn.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbasaurus Rex View Post
Could you at least let it use other attacks? Being outsped is one thing, but you don't even give us a chance when it uses Psybeam every single turn.
There's multiple things you can do once it's paralyzed, such as Leech Seed, PoisonPowder, Sand Attack, and Smokescreen that could all stretch out the battle and make victory more attainable. You also can use revives and potions to simply outlast Kadabra as Leech Seed or Poison does its job. I've battled Sabrina countless times and have managed to beat her every time I tested it. It's not easy, but it's more than doable and it's supposed to be hard.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:24 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

@Meta: Oh, once you paralyze it, it isn't hard. The issue is that you never get the chence to do so. I have to wonder how do you manage to do it without an ridiculous amount of levelgrinding for Pikachu. :/
Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
d.gray.man

You should put the poke rap at the end of the hack.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.gray.man View Post
You should put the poke rap at the end of the hack.
That's actually a very good idea, but do you think that it is possible to insert a song in a GBA hack?
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:14 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
There's multiple things you can do once it's paralyzed, such as Leech Seed, PoisonPowder, Sand Attack, and Smokescreen that could all stretch out the battle and make victory more attainable. You also can use revives and potions to simply outlast Kadabra as Leech Seed or Poison does its job. I've battled Sabrina countless times and have managed to beat her every time I tested it. It's not easy, but it's more than doable and it's supposed to be hard.
Well once you paralyze it you are unable to poison it that's the first bad thing :/
Could we at least get Toxic somewhere in Saffron? :D
Or Focus Sash at least? :D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links