Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:15 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman

Advertise here
I did the 90's cartoon show word search for vaporeon's get together thing, and it hurt to do. Most of them were cartoon network, but still. RIP good tv shows.

Also, it just hit me that this is like the first time I've visited here in like a week. I sort of forgot there were things that weren't the gettogether...
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Yeah, GT8 takes away from me even looking through for modding things to do. When it disappears, I'll get back into the groove. I haven't even been posting in GPGD that much. I just keep stalking GT8. :<

paired to crono
Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

I'm back again... :x I took a break from challenges after my computer went into a meltdown. Everything is fine and I'm ready to spam challenges again lololol.

I've almost completed my very first un-official nuzlocke. Myself plus some of the CBC regulars started one. So much grief for letting Vrai die twice before the second badge ;____;

but yeah, I'm back.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Yay, finally did a challenge. (Or at least most of one.) It's also safe to say that I'm probably readdicted to challenges. :D

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:42 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

I'm going on a vacation (again ) My egg salad/new mario games/Golden Sun will go for entertainment :D I'll be back with some updates (hopefully) in 9 days
Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Enigma
Community Supporter

Aww lucky you. :/ I'm stuck here doing challenges all day.

...Wait, I'm not opposed to that, am I? :3

Old July 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM
TheBowsinator
Pi Lieker

I have an idea! (inb4saidabilliontimesbeforeme)

A...elemental challenge...like pokemon related to helium which would be drifblim, and uh...yeah thats a bad idea unless someone else can further it

What about a cartridge color challenge? i mean like say Ruby is red so you can only use red pokemon! (so no torchick its orange)

So in leafgreen, only green pokemon, sapphire blue, and so on.

What you think?
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

That'd just be monocolor challenge with an optional rule. We had that a while back, but I think it died. Haven't seen it in a while. So if you wanna make it, that's fine, but might as well make it the monocolor challenge and have that as an additional challenge, if the challenger wants to do it that way.

paired to crono
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:13 PM
TheBowsinator
Pi Lieker

a lot of ideas for challenges are allready done, so there isn't much left for the scrappers to just come up with a random idea :o

Hm...how about a challenge where ( i guess hacks allowed )

you use a pokemon in gen 1, so you have to solo it

THan gen 2, you use the pokemon in gen 2, with the pokemon in gen 1

Than gen 3, you use the gen 1 pokemon, a gen 2 pokemon, and the gen 3 pokemon

than so on untill Black/WHite you have a team of 5!

Wait that would be really hard without hacking and um...yeah...unless someone could trade you the pokemon (the OP)

oh and by gen i mean region, so you can go like...

Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black or something!

:D but theres no way i could host it, so i post the idea here ofc

A possible name could be the "ultimate team challenge"
Old July 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
LaureTheLoner

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to LaureTheLoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBowsinator View Post
I have an idea! (inb4saidabilliontimesbeforeme)

A...elemental challenge...like pokemon related to helium which would be drifblim, and uh...yeah thats a bad idea unless someone else can further it

What about a cartridge color challenge? i mean like say Ruby is red so you can only use red pokemon! (so no torchick its orange)

So in leafgreen, only green pokemon, sapphire blue, and so on.

What you think?
Yeah that was actually a part of the ultimate challenge in the monotype challenge, also for the helium element thing there is almost something similar to it located in the Dream Themes thread known as species, but the element thing could be cool and Dream Themes would be a good place to brain storm it and flush it out

Also Torchic isn't orange
because there is no orange dex color on bulbapedia
and this bugs me because I have the rainbow road challenge
but yet there is no orange
ALTERNATIVE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT ORANGE
*throws a can at Alternative*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBowsinator View Post
a lot of ideas for challenges are allready done, so there isn't much left for the scrappers to just come up with a random idea :o

Hm...how about a challenge where ( i guess hacks allowed )

you use a pokemon in gen 1, so you have to solo it

THan gen 2, you use the pokemon in gen 2, with the pokemon in gen 1

Than gen 3, you use the gen 1 pokemon, a gen 2 pokemon, and the gen 3 pokemon

than so on untill Black/WHite you have a team of 5!

Wait that would be really hard without hacking and um...yeah...unless someone could trade you the pokemon (the OP)

oh and by gen i mean region, so you can go like...

Red, Soul Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black or something!

:D but theres no way i could host it, so i post the idea here ofc

A possible name could be the "ultimate team challenge"
It's kind of meh it just doesn't seem very original and exciting. There is already the one in each challenge where various gens are being played and by the time you get to 5th gen it's pretty much just a favorites challenge it seems like

I am beginning to find out other than your usual (monotype, solo, etc.) the best tourneys have more limits on team usage this is too much of what i'd call a "free roam"

anyway,
I started a new challenge, not that I needed one, if you enjoyed the battle royale or wanted to join it check out Table Top Supreme. It's a point based / race challenge.

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Tabletop looks super awesome, Laure!

In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:49 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post

In other news, I be doing a personal challenge that I challenge you all to. Its the Ultimate Catch 'em All challenge. Basically, you start on RBY, and you catch all 151 Pokemon. Mew is obtainable, so he counts. I'd do it on an emulator so you can have access to speed button. Also, you can use TGB dual so that you can trade, because you have to have all 151, so you'll have to play both red and blue to get all the starters and version exclusives and whatnot. Once you complete this, you move on to GSC, and catch all 250 Pokemon on one of those games. Celebi is excluded since you can't get it. Etc etc until you've beaten BW (I'm probably going to stop after DPPt, maybe after the third gen since I have a Diamond cartridge that has all the Pokemon on it...
Actually, you can get celebi with the celebi egg glitch, but it is really rime consuming, so I wouldn't worry about it, lol.

I was actually thinking about doing this. I think the most filled Pokedex I've had was in Blue with like 120, but I didn't have Red so I couldn't finish it. I used infinite RCs to level up pokes to evolve them, lol.

But yeah, everything except for event pokemon sounds fun.
Active Challenges:

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
espeon_and_umbreon_4eva
legendary master

Nature: Relaxed
do you know how many AWSOME pokemon i would lose! lol i dont think i could do that.
if life gives you lemons, throw the lemons at life and say," Make your own dang lemonaid!" :D
Old July 28th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Enigma
Community Supporter

I think I might have thought of a new challenge (although I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned before). After looking at the Anime Challenge, I thought of the Character Challenge. Basically, you take a character from any show/anime/whatever, your choice, and use Pokemon that you think that character would use. No legendaries, of course. I'll set it up immediately if anyone else find it to be a good idea.

Old July 28th, 2011, 06:54 AM
LaureTheLoner

Send a message via Skype™ to LaureTheLoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoRogue View Post
I think I might have thought of a new challenge (although I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned before). After looking at the Anime Challenge, I thought of the Character Challenge. Basically, you take a character from any show/anime/whatever, your choice, and use Pokemon that you think that character would use. No legendaries, of course. I'll set it up immediately if anyone else find it to be a good idea.
I think what makes a challenge is the more limits that you put on things. Like, for example, the video game character challenge, I'm not a fan of because it is just up for too much interpretation. Like I could be like 'Oh it's Link his green I can have any green Pokemon"

Maybe you could give people extra added challenges like I said I'm going to use Woobat for Edward from Twilight (which would make sense since Edward can read minds and Woobat is psychic..... I see you judging me over there stop it) be like, okay his a vampire so he has to have leech life and if you are playing your game while daylight is out (GSC and BW ) you can't even have him in your party unless your in a cave or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post

Lol when I found red and blue at a rummage sale (and they both saved) I thought about doing this >: then I found out I had a gba link cable and not a regular gameboy so I was like meh, f the hard copies, and I sold them on Ebay since I could just do roms. I might do this if the table top challenge doesn't force me to hate 1st.

Actually lol I like how your challenge is actually the purpose of the Pokemon games.

Gotta Catch Em All

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Enigma
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
I think what makes a challenge is the more limits that you put on things. Like, for example, the video game character challenge, I'm not a fan of because it is just up for too much interpretation. Like I could be like 'Oh it's Link his green I can have any green Pokemon"

Maybe you could give people extra added challenges like I said I'm going to use Woobat for Edward from Twilight (which would make sense since Edward can read minds and Woobat is psychic..... I see you judging me over there stop it) be like, okay his a vampire so he has to have leech life and if you are playing your game while daylight is out (GSC and BW ) you can't even have him in your party unless your in a cave or something.
I'll add in that part as well, if I can explain it properly. xD

EDIT: Made the thread! I'm excited for it. I'm doing the Ultimate Character Challenge. :3

Last edited by Enigma; July 29th, 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Sire
Making Flareon Own You

Nature: Hasty
Put on my thinking cap, and thought of a new challenge.

Basically, you go here, to a random number generator. Pick a region, let's say, Kanto. Episodes 1-118. You get a random number, check the episode on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and use one wild pokemon in your episode on the team. You basically do it six times and get six pokemon.

Not sure about it, yet, just wanted some thoughts.

Leaf Green|Crystal|Emerald|Platinum|White

Join The Move Challenge
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:22 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sire View Post
Put on my thinking cap, and thought of a new challenge.

Basically, you go here, to a random number generator. Pick a region, let's say, Kanto. Episodes 1-118. You get a random number, check the episode on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and use one wild pokemon in your episode on the team. You basically do it six times and get six pokemon.

Not sure about it, yet, just wanted some thoughts.
That sounds awfully familiar to the Random Pokemon Challenge. In the Random Challenge, you signed up with saying what game and how many Pokemon you'd be using, and then the OP went to a random Pokemon Generator, and generated however many Pokemon you wanted that are catchable in your game.
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Sire
Making Flareon Own You

It's similar, yes. I'll probably forget about it, anyways.

Thought of one where your team consists of three pokemon that are all super effective against another, like Water Fire Grass.

Join The Move Challenge

Last edited by Sire; July 30th, 2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old July 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
For some reason, I've been distracted from my challenges for a while. So what I did was make a fancy list of all of my games, and the challenges that I am currently doing on them. Before I start a new challenge, I'm going to try to complete all of my current ones that I haven't finished yet. I just got finished with my Walrein solo run on Platinum, which I left sitting after getting 6 badges. Now, to decide what to do next: Swellow / Guardevoir dual-species on Ruby (8 badges), regular run on Sapphire (8 badges), a regular run on Emerald (7 badges), or Flygon solo on Diamond (7 badges). I think I'll continue with the Sinnoh region since I should be able to get through the story pretty quickly after just completing Platinum, then try to work on the R/S/E runs at the same time.
< < < I know you want these lumps

Last edited by Gulpin; July 30th, 2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sire View Post
It's similar, yes. I'll probably forget about it, anyways.

Thought of one where your team consists of three pokemon that are all super effective against another, like Water Fire Grass.
That doesn't sound all that challenging, you'd end up with a strong balanced team with good type coverage in the end anyway.
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Yeah, gotta think outside the box here. Like a challenge where you have to learn every new move a Pokemon attempts to learn, getting rid of the oldest move it has when a new one comes along. Which...we totally don't have that, I don't think. We have the opposite though, with that perfect memory challenge. Hi guys I need to sleep.

paired to crono
Old July 31st, 2011, 02:15 PM
Enigma
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Yeah, gotta think outside the box here. Like a challenge where you have to learn every new move a Pokemon attempts to learn, getting rid of the oldest move it has when a new one comes along. Which...we totally don't have that, I don't think. We have the opposite though, with that perfect memory challenge. Hi guys I need to sleep.
I just thought of a variation of that where every time you get a new TM, you have to immediately teach it to one of your pokemon. (HM slaves and such don't count.)

Old July 31st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Sire
Making Flareon Own You

The TM one would be hard because what if none of your pokemon could learn the TM? You basically lose the challenge.

Thought of one where you get a certain number of moves and each pokemon on your team has to know one move. I like fun challenges more then hard challenges. x_x

Join The Move Challenge
Old July 31st, 2011, 05:19 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

That could work, actually! I really like this idea.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here