The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old July 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
rockeymon
Real life Silver Shirubaa

Nature: Serious

Advertise here

Presents you

Table Of Contents
A.) Storyline
B.)Features
C.)Characters(will be added later)
D.)Screenshots(will have some up soon)
E.)Credits

A.) Storyline
Spoiler:
It's been 6 years since the war started... So lond I almost forget why we are fighting. All I know though is that the war continues, and as long as it continues I will fight.
~Someone Who Died

10 Years Later

You are new, your entire family has died at war or gone MIA. Following in your parents footsteps you join the fight for peace. You have many trials ahead along with the struggle to stay alive.. Will you win the war?

B.)Features
[spoiler]:>> You will be able to start as any pokemon of your choice that has more than two evolutions (excluding eevee, sorry eevee fans but she has to many evolutions to choose)

:>> Will be able to have other pokemon join your Troop.

:>> Learn and remember all moves you can learn.

:>> Mission Board, where you will get your missions to progress foward in the game.

:>> Non Features, sorry no Unova pokemon(possibly later but not now).

C.) Characters
We are still in baby stages so what character will be in the game are not yet decided.

D.)Screenshots
Sometime between July 18th-25th we will get some screenshots.

E.) Credits
kyledove because I know that I Will be using his tiles.

To do List(for people that want to know what I am actualy working on)
Spoiler:
Note: I will edit this when I Deem it fit to be edited, ie. once something has been done or a large chunk of something has been done.
These are in order in which they must done, this is also the stuff that must be done before I can even consider adding screen shots.

1 Actors (this is what the player is/team mate, this also controls the how strong the pokemon is) [000]/[493]

2 Add attacks (this is based off of diamond and pearl) [000]/[460]

3 Make Classes for all Pokemon (o.o man this will take forever) [000]/[493]

4 Make States for attacks like Growl (I don't know how many attacks will envolve this) [???]/[???]

5 Items (these depend on how many items I am adding to the game) [???]/[???]

6 Make troops (these are the backgrounds/layout for every battle/battle combo....) [000]/[493+]

7 Add enemies (this is like making classes for pokemon except any boss or anything will have to be made on its own O.O) [000]/[493+]

8 Make attack animations (I think I have to make an animation for both the player/enemy..) [000]/[920?]

Last edited by rockeymon; July 17th, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old July 16th, 2011, 12:57 PM
pokkeball
Beginning Trainer

Looks pretty good!
Looking forward to screenies :D
Old July 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Looks Goood.
But not much is told
just about a war but saying '~someone who died' seems a bit disrespectful you could take the effort to give a name. or initials if you don't want the name given away
Old July 16th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
I don't know if it's intentional, but, "medievl" is spelled wrong. It's "medieval," but, anyways, back on topic!

This idea seems like.. a unique one, no features stand out to me so far, but, I wish you luck on it.
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM
rockeymon

@Pokkeball, Thanks. I dont know when theyll be up thats a estimate, I have alot of Spriting to do mainly cause i have to make the base and everything from scratch.

@Nintendork15, It's not meant to be disrespectfull it is meant to be somebody who died without a name, ie. someone who died but no one knew. The point of saying it like that is the war had been going on for so long that no one really knew why there was war.

@Ęℓαчиıı, It was meant to be mispelt for the reason that there is another hack/game in progress that has the name Pokemon Medieval, another reason was the way I was doing the font for the banner I was creating I couldn't fit the entire name in.
Features wise I really didn't know what to put in there, it will kinda be like opening Rmxp and starting a battle, unless I decide to add a new battle system (which is entirely possible with how I am taking the game). It'll be like mystery dungeon except it isn't Mystery dungeon, I want it to be like a normal game I don't want randomness.

This is new, it doesn't have alot of progress in it but it will be worked on, whether progress is slow or not please except what there is, and please dont complain about what isn't there (I am not saying you all who have posted are complaining).
Old July 16th, 2011, 08:07 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Please dont take this the wrong way, but your banner looks horrible, like a 5 year old made it and you barely have anything here worth showing... why didn't you wait to make progress before trying to post i know your anxious to get it out there but patience is key!
Old July 16th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockeymon View Post
It was meant to be mispelt for the reason that there is another hack/game in progress that has the name Pokemon Medieval, another reason was the way I was doing the font for the banner I was creating I couldn't fit the entire name in.
There's no written rule saying that two games/hacks/whatever can't have the same name -- sure, it gets a bit confusing, but who really cares? It's a name. If someone gives you a tough time because you're both using the same name, just shrug it off. Do you know how many Pokémon Amethysts have probably been created? Using a misspelling doesn't really do the game much justice, really. Not to mention you can redo a banner in the first place.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:45 AM
MonsterMMORPG
Monster Game Developer
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
looking for some screenshots and images
Old July 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM
rockeymon

@KingCharizard, I posted it because it helps me personally keep track of what I am doing in the game and also have a place to easily get criticism and help (I don't know anyone who would be helpfull besides posting a forum).
At the same time your right I should be patient. I did kinda jump the gun by posting a forum(by the time I had realized that the forum was already up and now there is no sense in taking it down).

@Daedalus, True. I will probably go back and change it later just for the simple fact it is bugging me lol.
Which banner? The rock solo thing was something I had made in like 5 minutes for something I was making that didn't need a fancy banner. If it is the Pokemon medieval banner that is a WIP and will hopefully look pretty cool once it is Done (not to mention I am a Gfx Designer I make stuff like that in my spare time lol).

EDIT: Also another thing about the banner, when I made that banner I was planning a COMPLETELY different game, it was more in the style of you playing someone in the medieval time period who could capture pokemon, so the banner will probably change to something different.

@MonsterMMORPG, So am I, not sure when any will be up seeing as my work timeline got screwed up beyond beleife (life is chaotic).
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Nature: Jolly
This does look really interesting, but I must agree with @King Charizard about the banner. You really need to work on that. I look forward to screnshots as well Any news on mapping, tiling and the like? Or have I completely scrolled past it

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM
rockeymon

Well I am not starting mapping/tiling tell I at least have the characters inputed. Once I have the first 151 pokemon I will probably start mapping. I am planning to base the cities off of each region, I mean the cities where created there for a reason right?
Anyway no major updates besides working on the pokemon classes (I hate this XD).
Old July 19th, 2011, 07:36 AM
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Quote:
Well I am not starting mapping/tiling tell I at least have the characters inputed. Once I have the first 151 pokemon I will probably start mapping. I am planning to base the cities off of each region, I mean the cities where created there for a reason right?
Anyway no major updates besides working on the pokemon classes (I hate this XD).
Sounds good Clever idea to do it after you have the first 151 pokemon.
If you base the cities from cities from eahc region... if this is pokemon 'Medievl' are you going to... make them... older? Like, stone buildings and stuff rather than the modern places you'd find at, say, Saffron City?
:D

Old July 19th, 2011, 08:44 AM
rockeymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRoller View Post
Sounds good Clever idea to do it after you have the first 151 pokemon.
If you base the cities from cities from eahc region... if this is pokemon 'Medievl' are you going to... make them... older? Like, stone buildings and stuff rather than the modern places you'd find at, say, Saffron City?
:D
Yes. Basically it will be life before humans could capture pokemon, do humans exist? Most definitely. Can they capture pokemon? No, although they can befriend them. Looking at it I would say that it will be kinda like Narnia (based around prince caspian timeline).
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:10 PM
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Ok, it sounds great :D Another question (sorry lol, I'm really curious about this ) how is your player going to get a pokemon?
Is he going to be given one?

Old July 20th, 2011, 12:53 PM
rockeymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRoller View Post
Ok, it sounds great :D Another question (sorry lol, I'm really curious about this ) how is your player going to get a pokemon?
Is he going to be given one?
You are the pokemon, this is set before humans knew how to capture pokemon. Sure a human can befriend one, hence it being kinda like narnia.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:06 PM
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Quote:
You are the pokemon, this is set before humans knew how to capture pokemon. Sure a human can befriend one, hence it being kinda like narnia.
Sounds really cool. I do have to admit, small mobile balls that emit bright beams to capture creatures and compress them really small is a bit futuristic for 2011 But yeah, that's about all my questions! I'm going to watch this thread for updates and everything though.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here