• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 2 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

"You're hardly dumb, Xavier..." I mumbled under my breath. I didn't mean to insult him. I just didn't want anyone else to know that my eyes changed color. They never did in the previous games, thus i didn't find it to be necessary to show that they are this year. I had to keep all my new skills under wraps so that my movements weren't as easily guessed. I leaned off in Xavier's direction, and whispered into his ear.

"It runs in the family, no doubt." I would let him decide who i was talking about there. His knowledge, or my eye color transformation? When, he would soon realize i meant both. I tilted my head, and by my angle, i could just make out his right eye. I brushed my hand casually over the side of my head; like the lights were blinding my eyes. My left eye, now shaded by light... Well, one could see the flecks of white that sprinkled my green backing. They seemed to glow, really. "... Runs in the family," I repeated, before turning my attention to the sudden jolt beneath me.

Next thing i knew, Natruo was announcing the time with his autotuned voice, as the helicopter's hatch lowered down.

- End of Chapter Two -

Chapter 3- Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District
I clasped my hands together. I had this whole setup memorized. Well, besides Natruo's appearance, everything went just as planned. Everything was going to work out this year. I turned my attention from the opening door, to Natruo. He was grinning at me. I just gave him a slight wave, before standing to my feet. He probably left a present in my room like last year. He really needed to stop pestering me outside the arena. These next few days, were for training and luxury, not harrassment. I gave everyone a quick look, before walking a few steps to the opening mouth of the helicopter. And, I could see what laid before me.

A gust of wind had entered the machine that had protected us from such weather, which sent everyone's hair in a mad dance. Especially mine. Planting a hand on my hat, I kept my eyes squinted open and took a few steps forward. It was chaos outside. Rain pelted the helicopter like no tomorrow, which was a pain to the ears. Patter patter... Endless pattering. I took a deep breath, and moved forward. I hated stormed. Loathed them, really. I just wanted to huddle up in my prison/room with a cup of hot chocolate pressed between my palms. I humored myself with the thought of dumping the burning liquid on someone's face. A certain someone. My eyes flickered to my shoulder, but I continued to move down the slop of the exit. The rain was coming down so hard, visibility was a miracle, let alone the ability to make hearable conversation. Just at the edge of the slop, was a line of guards holding two umbrellas each. One open for themselves, and another for one of us. I snatched the first umbrella in my path, opened it, and stepped myself out into the rain. The wind was blowing my umbrella around so much, I was getting drenched anyhow. I squinted off into each direction. My left, and my right... All I could see was some structures towering up into the sickening, swirling black clouds.

Only I, out of all the participants, knew what they were. There were four of these buildings surrounding the training center, which would act as out temporary homes. Nobody outside our group and the government, knew what happened here. No cameras, no listening devices... Just as every other year. To my guess, I believed we were between the Human District Tower, and the Demon District Tower. In front of me, was the training center; a two-story building which would house plenty of stations in the morning. I made a mental note to stay clear of weapons when Shiro, Jin, or Ryuu were around. Speaking of which, Jin was probably all cozy in her new room as we stood here in the rain.

Sighing, I released my grip from my umbrella, and the wind immediately stolw it away. The black umbrella tossled around in flight for a moment, before lamely crashing to the ground and being dragged through the overflowing green grass. My skin stung from the cold drops plastering my body. Without a moment of hesitation, I approached the building, swung the door open, and marched inside.

Inside, it was kind of like an abandoned ghost house. No windows. No anything. Everything was wiped clean from this place. Cement flooring, swept clean of any traces of this place ever having been used. The walls were blank, too. Completely white. I led myself off away from the door, and focused on my drenched clothing which stuck to my skin. It was a gross, weird feeling. Slime-like. I raised my hands out, and immediately, every drop of water exitted my clothes, and i stood in a puddle; dry. "....." I watched as the newly soaked participants entered from my left. Marisa seemed to like being soaked. She was awestruck by this completely boring building, as she ditched her inside-out umbrella, and held Kerin's hand. She pointed around, beaming at the four elevator doors in this place. One on each wall. There were other doors like the one we just entered through, but...

A huff of air escaped my lungs. The air smelt of something new to my nose. It didn't normally rain in the Demon District because of how far south we are. Angels would be used to this cold. This rain. This smell. It rained practically every other day there. Humans and Vampires got it lucky. It was neither too hot, or too cold. They are adaptable, while angels and demons are not. I unhinched my wings from my back. Rain. I do not know how angels put up with it. Wet feathers, meant no flying. Flying was the world.

I shifted myself over to the two vampires, and instantly, Marisa noticed. She gave me a funny look, as she eyed me over. She was probably wondering how i managed to stay dry, while everyone was soaked to the core. I gave her a blank look, as i walked over. "...." I touched the tummy of her dress, and pulled my finger away. A stream of water was being pulled out of her. Once she was dry, i did the same to Kerin silently. With now two balls of water in my hand, i nodded towards Shiro. She was leaning drowsily against a guard. I pressed my hands together, and gave Marisa a slight nudge, as if to say, "Watch this". I stretched the water out in my hands like an elastic, aimed, and fired. The waterball slung over Shiro's head, before falling down and drenching her. Her head whipped around in confusion, since she was inside. She seemed a little relaxed and non-psychotic from the girl on the television. She almost seemed stupid. She blinked, before doing a double-take and looking up. Just slightly, my lips curved into a smile. Marisa was giggling. Natruo glared at me. I shrugged. I had to have fun at some point in my life...

"Uuu. Bern-sama? Wanna come over at...Um... Ten tonight? We're gonna have a party!" Marisa opened out her arms as she said this to me. A party? Before we die? That was a first. I kept my blank look, as I nodded slowly. Alright... Not like I was busy... Marisa beamed and glomped me, almost to the ground. "Yay!"

Chapter 3 - Marisa Ryunatta - Vampire District

The second that hatch opened, I was bombarded by cold gust of wind that left my skin tingling and my hair a mess. "Uu...Brr..." I curled up closer to Kerin as my body began to shiver. Cold, cold, cold! I watched as Bernkastel, along with a few others, left the helicopter into that... Coldness! Hugging my hands underneath my armpits, i hopped myself off of Kerin. I hate being cold. I shifted from one foot to the other to been my body warm. "C-come on. Let's go, Kerin-sama." Before he could react, i zipped through the crowd of people leaving the 'copter, took an umbrella from the least scary guard, and BOOM. The moment I open it, it's in reverse. "Eek..!" I cry out as the umbrella drags me around like a rag doll. Actually, it was fun! I laughed out happily as i leaned back and let the umbrella carry me around. It was like waterskiing! Suddenly, someone grabbed me from around the waist, and pulled me back to the ground just as quickly as I was rising. Fang. I pouted cutely, but I thanked him anyways. Boo. I wanted to fly around! I found Kerin just as he was getting an umbrella, and I clinged my wet self to him. "Mew!" I didn't really pay attention to outside, but i knew we were surrounded with huge buildings and stuff. Like I could see anything more than that.

I beamed brightly, when we came indoors. A huge, empty building with only the room we were in. A gigantic room, with a tall ceiling. "Wow!!!" I cried out, dragging Kerin away from the people streaming through. "Lookie! Lookie!" I pointed to the elevators. I had never been in an elevator before! Were we gonna go in them? If so, I wanted to ride it a million times! Giggling even more, I threw my broken umbrella off into a corner. Didn't need that anymore!

My attention turned to a figure moving towards us. Bernkastel. "....?" I looked on curiously at her clothing. She was dry. How'd she stay dry? Why DID she stay dry? Water was AMAZING!

Storms and lightning and thunder were amazing, too! She came over, and did the exact opposite of what I wanted. She did this weird, but uber cool trick where she touched my tummy, and this string of water just like, was pulled out from me! I felt like a plum, being dried of my juices. I pouted a little more, but, alas, what Bern was doing was just TOO COOL to ignore! I looked on in awe, as she repeated the process on Kerin. Why was she doing this, anyways? She was being silent,and she just approached us out of the blue! Maybe she liked us already!

Then, Bern did something weird. She nodded towards Shiro to get our attention on her. Shiro was that meanie girl who picked on me in the government building, but... Kerin rescued me! She was a big bully, but ever since we saw her strapped to a wheelchair, she's been completely out of it. She acts drunk and silly and completely bonkers. Not psychotic and mean and bloodthirsty... That happened a while ago, so whatever they did to her, was long-spanning. Which, if you haven't noticed, didn't have me complaining.

Bernkastel nudged my shoulder, and I looked up at her in confusion. What was she planning on doing...? She did this odd thing where she stretched the water like rubber, before releasing it into the air. I gaped, as the ball stopped directly over Shiro, before turning back into a liquid. Shiro's face was PRICELESS as she did a double-take, and wondered about how she was dumped with more cold water from inside. I was a giggling mess! When I finally calmed after a few moments, I looked up to see a small, itty bitty smile cross the demon's lips. I beamed. Yup! I was totally sure now!

"Uuu. Bern-sama? Wanna come over at... Um.... Ten tonight? We're gonna have a party!" Bern gave me her usual blank expression in response, before nodding her head ever so slightly. I exploded in happiness, and glomped the older girl. "Yay!" I cried out.

Chapter 2 - Amelia Kunjui - Angel District

"!!!" I jumped as an unexpected blast of air surged through. I had been in my own little world for the last few minutes, I hadn't realized we had landed. No, I was busy thinking about my family. Being the only daughter of my mother, I was supposed to take over as the new government leader when she retired. But now... Would I ever see her again? I hardly believed she wanted to see me after all of this. As I thought about it, I really did love my mother. She didn't deserve that slap... She was trying to cheer me up. To let me forget about the fact I would probably die, and laugh at the whole lipstick thing. She hadn't meant to hurt me. Would she forgive me before I died? The least I could do, was show her how much I appreciated everything she did for me, during the interview. Maybe then...

I stood up as people began to clear out. I didn't want to be stuck with Natruo at my back. Creep. I shuffled my way around, but i didn't push or shove. I kept my distance, but I made sure to stay somewhat near to Shizuka. My only ally now, and probably until I died. I didn't have any fantastic skill which would be useful... I was useless in terms of most magic. Physical fights would be an impossibility...What else was there? My looks? I doubt I could send Ryuu on love-lane if he was drunk on murder lane. There was just my Sense Feeling ability, and how much good would that do? Yeah, looking through a tree will definitely keep a two-hundred twenty pound man with a sword at bay. Yeah... Not.

I didn't really mind the cold or the rain, once I got used to it. It was an instinct, I suppose. I guess I could only hope for a cold, snowy arena this year. That would be my best bet. Demons disliked the cold. Humans could die from the cold... Vampires would be the only threat. If I stayed high where they couldn't reach by ground, I may have a snow-balls chance in Haiti at winning.

I politely refused the umbrella offered to me, and stepped out into the storm. The rain had me weighed down within seconds. I liked this feeling. The cold water freezing my veins... It soothed me. It made me forget things, and just... Go with the flow. I stood there, eyes closed, as I took in this feeling and embraced it. I was originally going to have a cold shower, but a cold, refreshing rainfall was so much more than that. I extended my wings out, so my feathers could be purified. My skin, feathers, and soul... Purified of everything nasty I had witnessed or recieved. Deminished to nothing more but the murky puddle at my feet. I inhaled through my nose, and out my mouth. This smell of freshness. Of just... The rain. The sight of drops sliding away on leaves... The sound of the water pattering Earth at an endless rhythm. The feel of just being... Weightless, even though the rain pounded me to the ground. The taste of everything around me, in the smallest form of air reaching my tongue... Just... Amazing.

But, I eventually had to break away from this trance. The guards were becoming impatient with me just standing there. I wasn't mad, though. I was pure.Unwavered. Naturally blessed. I simply smiled, and slid myself inside to join the others, who were too caught up, to realize just how much the rain cured. I felt optimistic. Everything was possible with little effort. You just had to find the best place to store that effort. Not in living on Earth, but by living on as a soul. That was how my effort was going to be used. To keep my soul living, not my body.

With a soft smile, I approached Shizuka. "I'll tell you everything, and you don't need to threaten me." Before he could react, I leaned in and kissed his cheek with a small peck. I only smiled, as I spun on my heels and headed towards the elevator marked "AD".

Chapter 3 - Fausto - Human District

How depressive, getting the news you were used as a meat puppet by the person smacking down everything to kill you in an arena... I came to after all the shaking Nokoto put me through, however... I didn't really want to wake up. What was the point in living if you just die in the end... From birth, we all share a few common things. Negativity, wounds, heartbreak, and death... So why live if that's what you're going to get? Counsellors can sugar-coat a piece of garbage all they want, but i'll never hide the foul flavor. So, instead of taking a bite out of life, I'd rather just leave it alone.

Nokoto gave me a worried look as I thought about all of this. She asks if i'm okay. Of course i'm not, you stupid girl. Nobody is 'okay'. I smile warmly at her, and take her soft, beautiful hand into mine. I speak in a whisper, my answer. "I'm more than okay, being with you," I can't believe she believed that cheesy crap. No love is immortal. Everything dies, sweetheart. She blushes a harsh, yet cute pink. Good God. She reaks of sweat. I can't believe we haven't all died from air poisoning. I take a strand of her hair, and give it a sniff. I smile, as if she smells of the best perfume. Hardly. Wash your hair more than once a year, girly.

As people begin to slide out of the helicopter deathtrap, I can't help but notice the gloomy weather outside. Finally, something as depressed as me.

I don't pay much attention to everything else. I ignore the offering of an umbrella, and I trudge through the sad downpour. It weighs me down. Just like this life. When I get inside, I immediately head to the Human District elevator. I just want to be away from these people. I hate them all. I hate myself. I hate everything. When Nokoto asks what I'm planning on doing, I tell her, I plan on cooking up a storm. She laughs as if that was funny. Hardly. Cooking up a storm... It's going to be a tsunami that will drag everyone down to drown.

Last edited:
Years
"You're hardly dumb, Xavier..." Bernkastel mumbled under her breath. Xavier blinked, wondering why or how she'd know that, but it didn't quite matter to him. He didn't mean to have her think he was insulted. When you say you weren't dumb, it was just suposed to be like a figure of speech. You say that when someone had done something that is obvious to you, and they deny it, right? That's what Xavier thought anyway. I mean they used to say that all the time a thousand years ago....Did people still use those sayings? Xavier does sometimes....Maybe that's why she thought he was insulted. Hm. "....."

".........!!!!!!" Xavier's concealed brown eyes began to widen, and blink at an unatural rate when Bernkastel suddenly whispered into his ear. Even his cheeks were gaining a pink tint because of the action. Wh-wh-what is she doing?! "It runs in the family, no doubt." Wait. Did she mean his intelligence, or her whole eye changing thing? Well, the smart thing to do here, is just to assume that she did both. That way he's sorta right, without being wrong. Or he's just fully right, he guessed. "... Runs in the family," she added, while his face turned to the ground, at the sudden shock under his feet. They had landed.

"........" Xavier blinked when he caught sight of the game-designer grinning at Bernkastel, then at herself waving at him. Were they....friends? That didn't make much sense to Xavier, so he automatically dismissed it. There was no way that the man, Natruo he believes, would be a friend with the one person he's failed to kill for the past two years. There was absolutely, positively, no way in hell, that they were friends. "........"

"!!!" The moment the door opened fully, a gigantic gust of wind rushed trough, sending every last persons hair into a madhouse. "!!!" Xavier freaked as every single strand of his dark brown hair was moving madly, all of it now out of his eyes way. Quickly, Xavier shielded his eyes with his hands, spreading apart his index finger, and his middle finger so he could see. Oh lord. He thought that all the conversations were bad. "...." A constant patter of rain hit the helicopter. It wasn't what Xavier liked. He liked soft rain, where it seemed to sooth him, but this was horrible. It was a reckless rain, coming down like an endless plague. He never will understand why angels liked this so much. "....."

Xavier walked towards the exit, and a gaurd stopped him to offer an umbrella. ".......No." Xavier shook his head at the man, before stepping out of the helicopter his wings shielding him from the rain. "...." He took a look at one of the angels, and he was doing the same thing. Looks like he was smart enough to use his body as well. "....." Turning his gaze from the angel, he continued to walk ahead, his pants getting somewhat wet, while his torso was perfectly dry, and his head getting a few drops every now and then.

".....?" He looked up at the building in front of him quietly for a second, before realizing what this building probably was. It was the training building most likely. He had never actually seen pictures of the building, but he knew that participants had to go through some sort of training. It'd make thing interesting for the gods. Personally, Xavier didn't think he needed any training, he has been doing magic for fun his whole life. He has like fifty billion magic books anyhow, and he's practiced countless different spells. It'd be easy. The only thing he's need practice in, would be a weapon. He probably wouldn't use one anyway, but oh well. "......"

Slowly, Xavier stepped inside, blinking at how absolutely plain the room was, only white walls and such. It was just....just...odd. The only speck of detail he could see was the four elevators, but even then, they still didn't really count. "......" Xavier moved to a wall in the room, sliding down it, and sitting criss cross. He rested his elbow on one of his thighs, then using his hand to rest his head. Xavier had a blank expression on his face, but he curiously watched Bernkastel. She had a puddle underneath her feet, and there was no evidence she had been wet AT ALL. "....Hm...." Xavier patted his wet somewhat wet hair down, it falling halfway down his eyes, but it was good enough. Not saying it didn't bothered the hell out of him. ".....?" He blinked when he saw her dry Marisa, and Kerin, then drench Shiro even more. Since when was Bern a deviant? "......" He turned away from the scene, holding his face in his hands.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Kerin screwed his eyes up as everyone stepped outside of the helicopter; it was wet, cold and windy. It was almost hilarious, watching everyone's hair (mainly the girls') go insane, whipping around in the wind as if they were trying to escape from the head. Marisa grabbed him and pulled her self close, shivering violently. She was in a summer dress, the girl must be frozen! Kerin quickly pulled his parka off and wrapped it around Marisa, at least covering her arms. It wasn't long though before she was hurrying off somewhere else.

"C-come on. Let's go, Kerin-sama," Kerin managed to hear over the whistle of the wind before she had disappeared and reappeared over by the guards, grabbing a umbrella and immediately opening it, which was not the best idea with this wind. Inevitably, the umbrella pulled itself inside out and began pulling the small girl along with it, before she was caught by Fang. Kerin smiled at himself and quickened his pace, grabbing an umbrella himself as Marisa thanked Fang. Opening his own umbrella against the wind, keeping it in its actual shape, he shaded himself and now Marisa, who had clung back onto him, from the rain. It didn't do a whole lot of good though, they were already quite wet. Kerin smiled as he put an arm around Marisa and the group walked inside the approaching building.

Marisa, being Marisa, was first to react, adding some wows, oohs, aahs and giggles to the crowd. She grabbed Kerin and separated themselves from it, pointing at a few things and commenting on them. Kerin nodded and smiled at her as she discarded her umbrella. And again, it did not take long before her attention was stolen by something else. Kerin turned around as Marisa did, blinking at Bernkastel as she approached them. Her eyes... they weren't red anymore. Did that mean something? It didn't really matter anyways. Though there was something weird about her; she was completely dry. Before Marisa could ask about it, Bernkastel did some weird demon magic, pulling the water out of Marisa. Kerin gave her a small "thank-you." At least now Marisa wouldn't get frostbite or pneumonia or... wait, could vampires get diseases like that? He didn't know. He blinked at her as she did the same magic on him. Ah, that was better. It was wamer, and not as disgusting against his skin. He nodded at Bern, thanking her again.

Though, what she did next was rather unexpected. Using the water she had taken from the two, she formed it into a ball and dumped it on a still kind of drugged Shiro, who looked like she almost pissed herself when the icy water hit her head. Marisa broke into a giggling fit and Kerin couldn't help but let out a laugh. She was a stupid psychotic cow (though she didn't look like it now) and probably deserved it. Too bad she wasn't fully conscious for any of it. A fight between Shiro and Bernkastel, that was something Kerin wanted to see.

"Uuu. Bern-sama? Wanna come over at... Um.... Ten tonight? We're gonna have a party!" Kerin looked at Marisa and then at Bern, who nodded in reply at the invitation. Marisa pretty much jumped on her, squealing wildly in excitement. This time, Kerin let out a hearty chuckle. Marisa was so innocent and naive and cute, it was just... it was just funny.

"We'll see you then, I guess," Kerin smiled and nodded at Bern. You know, despite how grim their outlook was, it really didn't feel like they were going to die soon. He felt good, the best he had in a while. To see Marisa smile just warmed him, he didn't need his hoodie anymore. He had wished so hard the last 3 years to have his family back and he had gotten a small portion of it back, just with a different face. He twisted his biker cuff on his wrist, the one that hid his bites. Despite his temporary family though, he missed his old one. And most of all, he missed Quinn. Maybe though, maybe if they watched the games this year, they could see him trying his hardest to get back.

"You still cold?" Kerin asked Marisa as she released Bernkastel from her terrifying grip. He still had his hoodie, the one he was wearing under his parka, which was now on Marisa.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
Shizuka had pretty much gone into a trance after Marisa had revived him from his attack by Natruo, a quick flash of his entire left side of his bodying giving up on him and leaving him unable to physically scream out in pain - but he did on the inside the whole time. But this little girl, who he ruled in the beginning would be quite the competitor, had saved him with a mere touch - he was now eternally in debt to her until he repaid the favor in his mind. Shizuka's little trance was quickly destroyed by the sudden gust of wind that came through the helicopter doors he hadn't seen open, not that he had felt the helicopter actually land either, and everyone's clothing and hair began to swirl around in every direction.

Well, apparently we're here.., he thought to himself. Everyone began marching out of the helicopter one by one, Shizu watched and took another second to look every competitor up and down one more time. This was probably going to be the last time things were as 'calm' as they had been, well that is calm to the types of people everyone who was here was. Shizuka was one of the last to stand up and as he reached the doors he stopped and let the down pouring rain that was now splashing against his face revitalize him. Shizuka continued down the ramp, his ears ignoring the sounds of speaking around him and just honing in on the drip dropping of the moisture hitting the ground beneath his feet - the rain was so relaxing and healing to him. One of the guards tapped his shoulder and interrupted Shizuka's thinking and his eyes flashed a bright blue color as he began glaring at him - he was offering up an umbrella. Shizuka extended his wings and knocked the umbrella from his hands while continuing to glare in hatred at the guard, he was caught off balance by the Angel's sudden extended wings and had stumbled backwards and fallen. Using his wings, Shizu created his own umbrella and used them to cover him slight as he continued to walk - the rain still came crashing down against his face and dripped down each strand of hair. Hopefully when the time came for him to fight for his life, it would be raining.

Got to keep those things to myself, don't need to give away my own secrets so early on, Shizuka continued to talk to himself. That was when he reached the doors and returned his wings to their closed state and walked into the large room, everything covered in white, and his eyes quickly shifted around the room and located everyone he needed to; Bernkastel, Marisa and Amelia. Bernkastel and Marisa were both dry, but how Shizu wondered, and Amelia was heading in his direction as soon as she noticed him come inside. He didn't have time to react to anything that had happened next, what was this girl doing to him and why had he felt the need to protect her since the beginng..

"I'll tell you everything, and you don't need to threaten me," and she then leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. Kissed? Why had she done that, what was the reason behind everything going on. Shizuka told himself to stopping worrying so much about the simple questions like this because he had learned he was clearly blind to the worlds he thought he had known. All he knew now was that his future was paired with Amelia's and if he was destined to die, it would be dying to protect them both. Protecting anyone who would be willing to sacrifice themselves to help bring down this corrupted government they were all living in. With that he followed after Amelia in quick strides, water still dripping from his hair and the tips of his wings.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

I nod slightly in Kerin's direction in approval. Why was I even bothering going to this 'party'? There wouldn't be any meaning for me. Nothing for me to gain. These people were probably going to question me. Ask me questions which they hope would appear innocent... I suppose it was because Marisa asked me first. If it had been someone else, I would have been more hesitant. I remove myself from Marisa, and happen upon a scene which makes me raise my eyebrows ever so slightly. ".... I got to go," I mumble, swiftly moving from the vampires without a second glance. I had seen Amelia kiss Shizuka's cheek. Odd. Very odd. As I pass Shizuka on his way to the elevator, I whisper into his shoulder, something he was probably waiting for. "You have my attention," and I was off. Not a single pause. As I walk off in Xavier's direction, I look over my shoulder to purposely watch Shizuka. Hm... So, Amelia kissed him. That definitely got my attention indeed.

I'm directly before Xavier, when I finally pull my gaze to him. His face is covered behind his hands. I give him a blank, emotionless look. Why bother outcasting yourself, when you could just go to the elevator? I sigh lightly, and take one of the hands pressed against his face. "No use being here," I breathe out, simply because it's true. I didn't need to speak with anyone else. I wanted to rest up in my new room before the 'party'. However, I wasn't going to leave Xavier here, because he honestly looked like he wouldn't move without being told so. "Let's go," I lightly peel his palm out from his face, taking in the chocolate eyes beneath. "....." I avert my gaze, and begin to pull him along for a few steps, before breaking away and moving to our elevator. Paris isn't here, so that must mean she's already in her compartment. Ryuu... He's watching me with hawk-like eyes. I stare right back. He had a fight with Natruo in this very room, at midnight.

Once Xavier's at my side, I make a point to fixate my attention to the opening elevator door. The elevator itself is quite a large amount of space. You could have about twenty people lay in here. The crimson carpet is welcoming, as well as the glass walls that reflect our faces back at us. "....." I step in wordlessly, and spin on my heels to face the training room. A control panel, like last year, is formed into the wall. As Xavier comes in to accompany me, I press the button marked "Dining Room". The sliding doors close shut.

When I pull away from Bern, there is a huge, unwavering smile on my lips. She agreed! Extremely happy, I glomp Kerin next. Bern pardons herself, and I pull the parka closer into me as the older vampire asks if I am still cold. I shake my head. "Au au! Kerin-sama's park'chi kept me warm!" I playfully raise my hands and wave them around; the long sleeves past my hands fumbling around. I giggle, and take Kerin's hand. "Let's make a Biiggggg party! Really really big, desu!" I wave over at Fang with my other hand, who is standing by the door in a sort of trance. Fang had been rather silent since boarding the helicopter... He needed to be happy and active for the party! "Boooo Fang! Come!" He blinks up at me, grins, and runs over. "So what's happening with Bern, Mari?" I take his hand into my right, and beam brightly. "Bern is gonna come to our party!" Fang raises his eyebrows. Right. He didn't know. "A party with me and Kerin-sama and Fang and Bern and really special people!" Fang's eyebrows only go higher. I huff cutely. "Uu... While we wait, we're gonna watch a Population Game with Kerin-sama before Bern comes over! It's gonna be fun!" I say, pulling the two boys over to our elevator. I couldn't wait! Supper while watching the seventh Population Game! Then, Bern would come over... Everything was so exciting!

"Hau au au! Onward!"

Last edited:
Years
Xavier simply, kept his hands laying over his face rendering him sightless, but his ears, sadly for Xavier, continued to take in the noises of his surroundings. Chatter. Mindless, boring, useless, stupid, chatter. There was no need to talk mindlessly. Only if something of importance was needed to be said, then he'd understand. But what he's heard from all these people sounds absolutely--!!! "!!!" He blinked into his hands, when he heard the sound of lips smacking. Did...somebody, or some people, just kiss? Here? ".....?" Really? Wouldn't that be something to do in private? Hm....

Soon, Xavier's wandering thoughts were interrupted, when he heard the soft sound of footsteps moving towards him. Didn't they see that he was away from the group? Didn't the person see that he had his face hidden away? Weren't those pretty sure signs that Xavier wanted to be left alone. They were pretty easy signs to show that someone didn't want to be spoken to, or just wanted to be left ALONE for that matter. It's all the Game's fault. If he hadn't been picked he would be able to just rest, and most importantly, BE ALONE. How difficult was it to see that he just wanted to be alone?! REALLY?!

"......" The footsteps stopped suddenly, and Xavier hoped and hoped and hoped, but he never did hear the footsteps walk away. Damn. Xavier felt as if he should go off on the person, but he automatically dismissed that option. He wouldn't go that low as to be hypocritical. He hated hypocrites.

"....." Xavier blinks as he hears a sigh, then blinks even more when a hand is taken off from his face, and into another hand. Who would be bold enough to touch him of all people. Xavier looked up. Answer to the previous question, Bernkastel Vermilia, that's who. "No use being here," she breathes out. Xavier blushes as she removes his other hand, then stares down at his unconcealed brown eyes. He stares back at her emerald colored eyes, his pair brushed with light surprise. Why was she doing this? Again? First, she holds his wrist on the helicopter, second, she whispers into his ear, and now, she was holding his hand. Why?

Xavier's blush increases to a dark pink, when Bernkastel raises him up by dragging him over to the elevator. She let's go halfway, and for awhile, he could only stare at her moving body dumbly. He was shocked from all her actions. "......" After blinking a few times, he snaps out of his daze, and walks over into the elevator. Xavier stares straight in front of him blankly as the elevator shuts close. The dark pink still remained on his cheeks.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Hau au au! Onward!" Marisa pulled Kerin and Fang towards the vampire district elevator, her enthusiasm quite unmatched. Wait, if they were going to the vampire district's area, they were still missing one. A drugged, ditzy, psychotic one.

"Hang on a second," Kerin left Marisa with Fang and stepped over to Shiro and her accompanying god. The god gave him a funny look as Kerin pulled the vampire away but didn't say a word. Just as he rejoined the rest of the group, the elevator arrived, as well as frowns and such from Fang and Marisa. Kerin gave them a bleak smile. "She's still drugged, might as well dump her somewhere. I don't know, I feel sorry for her, okay?" He made a face. Yeah, he would feel sorry for himself later when she snapped out of it.

They all got into the elevator, Kerin pushing Shiro gently into one of the corners then taking Marisa's hand. There were several buttons to choose from, though Kerin picked the one that he was looking forward to most; their rooms. Each button even had their names next to it, how... convenient. He pushed two buttons; F4 and F6, Shiro and Marisa's floors. Kerin glanced at the names, reading exactly how they were spelt. Fang, Shiro, Kerin and Marisa. His name looked a little bland by itself without the Knight on the end. Speaking of which, he had no idea of anyone's full names. He couldn't really remember if they were shown on that TV Kerin saw when they first arrived at the government building, back in the vampire district. Ah well, what better way than to ask?

"What's your last names?" Kerin asked everyone in general asthe elevator lifted and silently ascended into the tower. It moved quite fast as it was only a few seconds before they had reached Shiro's floor. Kerin quickly escorted her out, pretty much pushing her onto her floor and opened the door for her to go in. She might be drugged, but she could figure out how to walk inside. He jumped back into the elevator and the doors closed, taking them up to Marisa's floor. The doors opened to a door, which Kerin opened first and led Marisa and Fang in. It was... quite beautiful. Better than Kerin had stayed in before. Ever. Though, the only things he had stayed in was a small church in the Human District and a dingy house in the Vampire District.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"....?" I felt Kerin slip from my grip, and I immediately turned around in confusion. Where was he...? Oh. I watched, a slight frown upon my face as he took Shiro from the guard and brought her over. She was soaking wet, miserable, and looked extremely intoxicated. She was silent, but you could definitely make out the mistrust, uncertainty and fear in her eyes. Fear? What did they give her, to make that happen? Oh well. I smiled nervously, and hopped into the elevator alongside Fang. He didn't pay Shiro much notice. Kerin, though, was quick to push her into a corner and take my hand. Shiro, being her odd drunken self, stared at the corner as if she was in time-out. I tilted my head at her, and then, at Kerin's out-of-the-blue question.

"Hau! Ryu-na-tta~! Marisa Ryunatta, Kerin-sama!!" I cry out almost immediately, swinging our hands along. Fang raises his eyebrows. "Uh, Yumigami...Please tell me you're not gonna address me by that name!" He grins jokingly. "Otherwise i'll address you as 'Sir Knight'." He laughs out. Shiro blinks and glances over her shoulder; mumbling something about eating before going back to staring at the corner. I blink even more. When we get to Shiro's room, Kerin doesn't hesitate to walk her in a bit, before pushing her in and coming back to the elevator. The psycho stumbles a bit, before falling to her knees dumbly. The elevator door closes.

When they open again, I am looking at my new room. A bed too big for someone my size, takes up the top left corner of the room. Not much occupies the rest, except for a closed door which must lead to a bathroom, as well as a small coffee table. "!!!" I smile widely, completely forgetting about the pity I once felt for Shiro. I love my bed! It's so...So... I fling myself face-first it. FLUFFY. I squirm around and manage to sit up. A big,gleaming smile appeared on my face. "This is SO COOL."

Because of my short attention span, it wasn't long before I was gaping out at the glass doors showing me the balcony. It was storming like no tomorrow! I huffed cutely, before glomping Kerin. "We still have a long, long time before Bern comes over, so lets get something to eat and watch the seventh Population Games!" Fang chuckled a bit, and ruffled my hair. "Alrighty, but we don't need you getting nightmares..."

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Ryanatta? Oh, no, Ryunatta? Okay, I got it. And I can't believe you remember me in the human district," Kerin laughed at Fang. He had next to no memory of Fang, only his face was vaguely familiar. Vaguely. Maybe if he stared at it hard enough, he could remember something. But that would be considered a little creepy. "You went to my school, right? Fang is just a nickname, isn't it? Because Fang doesn't sound as Japanese as Yumigami."

Kerin gave Marisa a bright grin as she happily frolicked her room, inspecting as much of her room as she possibly could, darting from one thing to the next. Kerin made his way out to the balcony, watching the storm. Oh look, some stairs. He poked his head out in the rain briefly to check where they led. The roof it seemed. That was pretty cool. Kerin was almost thrown to the ground as Marisa jumped on him.

"We still have a long, long time before Bern comes over, so lets get something to eat and watch the seventh Population Games!" She said, a bright, adorable smile on her face which Kerin could not help but smile back too.

"Alrighty, but we don't need you getting nightmares..." Fang gave Marisa's hair a ruffle.

"Where do we get food? The fridge?" Kerin towards his stomach. The last thing he ate was that blood capsule. Vampires needed to eat too, y'know. None of that "food turns to dust in the throat" rubbish.

Last edited:

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

I plant my face against the glass door, as Kerin questions Fang about his name. I already knew the answer, so I decided to watch outside. My nose squished, my golden eyes watch the rain attack the balcony mercilessly. Yes, there were stairs... Maybe if it cleared up soon, we could have the party on the rooftop! I was giving nature about four hours.

"Huh? Oh. Yea. I went by a different name in the Human District. I skipped school often, so I wouldn't put it against ya if ya don't remember me. Heck, we weren't in the same classes! But, Fang is the name I go by now." He shrugs, and moves himself back over to the open elevator. "Kitchen is gonna be in the dining room. Food is probably out for supper. Ya coming?" I perk up immediately, and attach myself to Kerin.

"Uuu! And then we find a T.V!" I cry out. For the twenty-third time today, I take Kerin's hand and drag him into the elevator. Once we're all inside, I stab my finger onto the correct floor. Underneath my feet, I feel us shoot downwards to our destination. We're there within seconds. And, what we are now staring at, is probably the most fancy dining room all of us have ever seen.

A glossy wooden flooring, accompanied by a beautiful hue of purple staining the four walls, takes my attention almost instantly. I step in, and admire the expensive artwork hung against the wall. Though I do not know the artists, I am simply floored by the creativity in their design. In the center of this room, is a large, golden table drapped by a black veil. Atop it, are the nesessities for dining. Expensive china plates with fancy cuttlery, as well as about a million spoons and forks. The table is lined at the center with stunningly fresh white roses, as well as three-point candle holders. The candles have not been lit, but by seeing the servant standing off by a door, they will be if we are seated.

Out of pure curiousity, I approach the female servant. Standing at about five feet, five inches, she wears this odd black and white uniform I have never seen before. It's black, mostly, but the apron is a stainless white. Her eyes are a blank aquamarine, as the stare at the floor. She seemed... Sad. I cocked my head to the side, and she looks up to see me. She's immediately startled not by my presense, but by how young I look. She stumbles back slightly with her eyes jumping to each point of my body. Slowly, she relaxes, and mumbles an apology.

I smile sweetly. "It's okeii!! I'm just wondering if we could have some food and eat! We wanna watch the previous games! Mew!" She blinks a bit at my request, and slowly slides herself into the next room. I patiently wait. She, and two others come back with our dishes.

What I see before me, is the most rich, sensational meal in history.A fluffy cloud of mashed potatoes center my plate. Surrounding it, are cut-up pieces of salmon, steak, and chicken. Between the trigram of these meats, is another to fill up the side gaps. Steamed veggies. Yum. Broccolli, califlower, and carrots... Delicious.

I take a long sniff of the foods, and thank the servant. She only nods, and points to a staircase. I give her a confused look. "Oh. Is that where we'll find a T.V? Thankies!" I give her a happy grin, before turning to Kerin and Fang. They too, have gotten their meals.

"Au au! Let's go!"

Chapter 3 - Amelia Kunjui - Angel District

Because of my cleansing, I do not notice the full extent of my actions right away. But as I settle myself into the elevator compartment, I really begin to think. 'Oh. You did it this time. He'll probably think I'm trying to infatuate him. When... Oh I don't even know why I did that! I guess because I wasn't thinking?' I sigh softly, and watch as he brushes past Bernkastel. I can only hope that he doesn't bring it up. Wonderful. Now I made an awkward air. I look around desperately for Pewita and Kaito. They're speaking off in a corner, and Pewita looked like she was getting angered over something... Hm.

When Shizuka is inside, I immediately jab my finger against the floor marked with his name, and then mine which just so happens to be the floor above his. I'm soaking wet. He's pretty wet himself. New clothing would be best. I cross my arms over the chest of my dress. I was thankful that most of the fabric was pink, but I was still conscious of the triangle space centering my chest where it was a creamy white color. Alright. Standing in the rain wasn't the best idea either. I was making wonderful choices today! My thoughts were dripping in sarcasm. 'Slapping my mother... Saying thatI hated her... Punching the game designer in the gut... Standing in the rain... Kissing Shizuka's cheek...' They were all bad decisions on my part, and I was surely gonna take karma full-throttle in the games. Just my luck...

The minute we stop at Shizuka's floor, I lightly nudge him into the hallway seperating the elevator, from his room. I give him a weak, painful smile at the touch I just given myself. Crap. I didn't think that through, either. I'm silent as the doors close between us. "...." When the elevator is on my floor, I dash out and throw myself at the door of my room. Opening it after a bit of fumbling, I fling myself onto my bed without a glance at the rest of my surroundings.

I don't pay mind to my soaked clothes. It's the least of my worries how dry my bed is. I worry about how I'll even bevable to survive a day in the arena. I cry. For no reason, but of how frightened I am of death. I had seen what happens in these games. What kind of things Natruo throws at the people inside... He's ruthless. He doesn't give mercy, and, above all else, he gives false hope. I cling to hope. And if I do in the arena, he'll kill me without the bat of an eyelash. And if his creations don't kill me, everything else, will. I'm built to be admired indoors. I've hardly spent any time outside. How can I know anything? The time... What's edible... What is going to kill me... None of that is within my knowledge. Killing? I wouldn't have the guts to do it if I had an easy kill before me. Fighting is out of the question... I'm useless. Completely useless.

When I finish crying into my blankets, I sit on the floor. My vision is blurred, but I can make out glimmering crystals and diamonds and gold... Even at my home, I was never in the presense of something this beautiful. A white carpet beneath me, with shimmering gold walls encasing me. A small table in the corner is where a potted lily lays. I calm to this scene, and I slid out of my clothing. Even my undergarments and corset are drenched. I take it all off, and head to the bathroom naked. The bathroom is just as glamorous. I don't explore much to find the fluffy white towels awaiting me. After drying off my body and what I can of my wings and hair, I go back into my room. Clothing... I spot a closet over by the table, and I approach it. When it is open, I can't help but stand there in amazement. Beautiful gowns hang by several poles, which slide back into the wall at the press of a button. But, there are also normal articles of clothing I have never worn in my life. It was all fancy dresses.

I was dressed in the most normal clothing I had ever worn. Wash out jeans snug to my skin... A long-sleeved purple shirt... A turtleneck was what it was called, I think. Just a plain purple, but I loved it. Looking myself over in the mirror, I brushed through my long, dirty blonde hair. I had washed off all my makeup, and for once... I could see my beautiful, original face. I loved this face. I didn't know why I needed to be under so many layers of makeup... I had ditched my corset into the garbage. I was never going to wear something like that again. I liked being able to breathe.

Once I was all cleaned and happy with my normal appearance, I left my room. My old clothing had been hung to dry inside, since it had still be storming horribly outside. I made my way to the elevator in only my flat white shoes. No heels... It felt amazing on my feet. I was relaxed. I was fresh. I was me. I stepped into the elevator, and went down to the dining room. I was starving. Shizuka was probably down there already. Maybe Kaito and Pewita as well. I put on a light smile, as the elevator doors opened.

This room was like a palace, no doubt. A chandilier hanging overhead of a stunning table of food. The walls were of soft shades. Blue...Green...White. It had a calming effect. As I stepped in, I noticed the male angel sitting down at this feast. I gave a slight wave,and squeaked out a hello, to Shizuka.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Kerin felt himself being dragged again by Marisa, this time again to the elevator. It took the three down to the Dining Room after a few seconds of travel, and it was as big and wonderful as Marisa's floor. It didn't take long for Marisa to toddle up to one of the people standing aimlessly around the floor and happily order something to eat. The person disappeared then reappeared with two others, the lady Marisa talking to giving her her own plate and the others passing a plate to Kerin and Fang. Indeed, as fancy as the room, all garnished, served with style and grace. It looked... fantastic.

"Oh," Kerin stopped the male waitor as he began to walk away. "Can I please have another plate of this and uh... something to munch on. Like snacks or something." The waitor nodded, disappeared into the kitchen and reappeared again with another plate and a bag of assorted party food. Kerin took a peek inside; chocolates, lollies, crisps, popcorn. Just bits and pieces. It was plenty. Kerin thanked the man as he returned into the kitchen. "For Shiro." He added to his companions as he gestured to his second plate.

"Au au! Let's go!" Marisa called Fang and Kerin, and followed behind as she trotted up the stairs. Upstairs was just as magnificent as downstairs. Though this one, was not full of food or fancy dining tables. It was video games, pool tables, giant TVs, stereos, arcade systems; pretty much anything fun. Kerin blinked at it all. Who possibly had the money for this all? Oh wait, the gods. Kerin walked over to one and simply picked it up. It wasn't heavy at all, though Kerin wasn't sure if that was a mix between they were light TVs or he was just so strong. It was a little awkward, two dinner plates in one hand, a bag on the arm, a TV in the other hand, though he would manage. He had relatively good balance and the elevators were quite steady. He gave Fang and Marisa a funny smile.

"So, do we go back?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"For... Shiro?" I asked, looking at the two plates he held. It was beyond me how he could carry so much stuff, but I was more concerned with him having a plate for Shiro. What if the drugs were out of her system, and she attacked him? I was just beginning to protest, when Fang stepped in. His face make have looked happy and innocent now, but it was slightly grim earlier.

"Here, I'll take it off your hands," He took Shiro's plate from him, and grinned. "You guys start watching. I'll take it up. I need to change clothes, anyways!" Right. He was soaking wet. I giggled lightly, and looked at the trail of water he had made.

"Uu, okaii Fang. Be quick!" I ushered him to the elevator, and he was off. I looked back around the room. "Hmmm..." I wandered fora moment, before switching the gigantic television on. 'What would you like to watch?' It said on the screen. I plopped down in a beany chair. "Population Games, Seventh Season." I said clearly. Instantly the screen switched, and we were watching an interview. An interview of the contestants before the games. Sure enough, Bernkastel Vermillia was among them. Being fifteen, all of the competition was older than herself. Men that towered at 6'5, 220 pounds... Wisp-like women who were stealthy... She was clearly at a disadvantage phyically. But, if it came down to beauty, she would win hands down.

All the contestants were dressed up for the occassion. Sexy, beauty, handsome, strong, weak, smart, and blood-thirsty... They were all there. First vampires, then demons, humans, and angels... That was the order for the interview. Bern happened to be sixth for the interview. And if you thought Bern was dark and mysterious now, you should have seen her last year.

Her outfit was the most beautiful thing my eyes had ever laid upon. A dazzling, plain black dress that was fitted tight to her upper body, before fanning out greatly. It fell down in wisps at her knees. This was a strapless dress, so it showed all the curves on the demon. Her wings were as black as the night... Hair as dark as a raven... Glowing emerald eyes... She was the Queen of Darkness. The two burnt symbols on her shoulders especially stood out. Untouched, they were bloody and that only made her look more deadly, yet so... So beautiful. As she sat down to have the interview with a man named Venius Cloud, I couldn't help but whisper to myself. "She's beautiful... Underneath that witch hat and all that clothing... This is her?"

The interview had an edge to it I hadn't seen in the other ones. Bern obviously wasn't one for talking. She would answer questions with little detail, and she put no effort into these answers. However, she changed tramatically half-way through.

"... Bernkastel, what we want to know, is why you decided to say in the Demon District. Why?" Asked Venius, a slightly plump man wearing a striking black outfit. His blonde curls had some obviously dyed black streaks to them. His forest eyes were questioning.

Bern paused for a moment, and pretended to be busy fixing her dress. Finally, she answered. "Because I have someone to take care of," Venius made a face.

"Family?"

"No,"

"A friend?"

"Somewhat,"

Now Venius was leaning back in his chair in thought. "A boy?" There is another brief pause.

"Yes," She answers quietly. "He doesn't know I exist. But, I'm alright with that. As long as he's safe from harm." The crowd goes silent, and the buzzer goes off. Bern excuses herself silently.

"Bern has a crush?" I ask curiously, as the next interviews begin. "But she's so...Emotionless... Au..."

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Kerin thanked Fang, put the TV down where Marisa instructed (though he was under the impression he would be putting it somewhere in her room) and joined her in a chair next to her. Even the chairs themselves were of the best quality; the most comfortable Kerin's ass had ever felt. He shuffled around a little and tucked his legs up next to him to try and retain his heat. As Marisa started up last year's population games, Kerin put the bag he had gotten earlier aside and dug into the food on his plate. It was extremely delicious. The meat was perfectly cooked and the vegetables perfectly steamed. Though Kerin wouldn't admit it aloud, the blood sauce on the steak was the cream of the cake. Ah... so good. He pulled himself away from his food for a minute to watch Bern's interview. How odd. She looked so... naked without her hat.

"Bern has a crush? But she's so...Emotionless... Au..." Marisa's voice rang as the next interview started. Kerin looked at her, chewing slowly.

"Well, she was hanging out with that other demon," Kerin tapped his lip thoughtfully. "You know, the one the tattoo snake tried to get on? But I'm not sure if that's an alliance or something... different." He let out a small cough. "Besides, everyone has someone, right?" He added with a smile. Kerin himself always had someone to think about; his family. Though he could never reach them, he always thought about what would happen if they were to meet again. And now, he had Marisa and Fang. His first vampire friends.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"Oh..." I mumble softly, looking back at the screen. "I didn't really have anyone.... My dad was...Um... A bully. And mama was scared... Dad kidnapped her and they died." I whisper softly, picking at my food. I have no interest for the meat, so I only eat what I can of the potatoes and veggies. When I'm watching the television, everything suddenly stops. I'm staring at this older woman from the Human District. A huge woman with broad shoulders, muscled limps, and a six pack. With black hair, and the same olive eyes as Fang, I have no doubt in my mind, when I see her name flash on the screen when it's the end of her interview.

Presia Yumigami.

I stumble not to drop my plate, and I watch this woman wide-eyed. She was... Fang's older sister? Was that why he was so willing to leave? I set down my plate, and slowly nuzzle myself into Kerin's side. Nobody survived these games, except Bernkastel. My face goes pale, as I come to the realization that Fang watched his sister die last year, and is participating this year. The angel interviews go unnoticed by me, and the screen flickers to the opening of the games. The participants are in a small field of tall grass, while just outside, is a rain forest. Immediately I pick out Presia and Bernkastel. The two are directly beside eachother on their metal plates.

3....2....1. The cannon sounds, and before I can even blink, Bernkastel is over by what every refers to, as the Karma Heap. Basically, it's a pile of supplies and weapons set before the participants at the start of the game. Bern easily picks out the best supplies, which includes a District bag, tent supply, the Lemon Bag, and finally, the Gadget Pack. Those are the most expensive things set out in the games, and she got them all before anyone came within ten feet of the heap. She didn't even touch the weapons. Immediately, she was out of the and carrying all this stuff by flight.

Presia is the fourth person at the pile. She fights over the rights to a sword, before making do with a mace and clubbing the male over the head. She takes back the sword with ease, grabs a jacket, and runs out in the opposite direction of Bern. The fight goes on in the field for quite some time. In total, five people are already dead. Eleven people left.

Now we watch, as all of them slowly die out in the rain forest. It rains alot, but this is literal, acid rain. It burns the flesh and leaves you screaming. Humming birds with long beaks skewer participants through their arms, legs, neck... Another four are dead by sunrise. The next few days, are silent. Bernkastel seems to be holding the camera's attention. She has made a camp. Everything she'll ever need, is in this area just by the electric barrier circling the arena. Tent, fishing supplies, rope, food, water, night vision goggles, and a knife... She's all set. It only becomes clear what happened to her gadgets, when a huge man goes to attack her, and he's suddenly upside down in a tree. A vampire. This vampire is screaming bloody murder, as Bern sits there. Sipping her water and watching him thrash about like he's a bird. After an hour of him throwing fireballs, only for them to be caught and thrown into the nearby acid stream, does Bern do something about him. In the most casual way, she walks over to the tree and touches the wire. The vampire is screaming for her to spare him, but it's no use. With little emotion, Bern flicks the wire and goes inside her tent to sleep. It rains during the night, and there are screams of mercy. When Bern comes out in sunrise, there is nothing left of the man. The acid ate right through to even his bones.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"I didn't really have anyone.... My dad was...Um... A bully. And mama was scared... Dad kidnapped her and they died," Marisa said softly. Kerin tucked his arm around her. How awful, for one so young to have their whole family stolen away from you. Though surely Marisa wasn't that blind.

"I'm sorry," Kerin gave her a small hug. "I didn't used have anyone either, but I always... I always thought about them. But now, it's only been a little while, but I have someone now." Kerin smiled at her. "And so do you! Me and Fang, right? We're your friends?" Kerin let out a small laugh. How embarrassing would it be if she said no? Oh boy. Kerin moved his eyes back to the television to watch the rest of the interviews, watching as one by one, a teenager came up, answered some questions, then left. This went on for a little, each teen telling their story (they all seemed quite similar to Kerin) until Marisa pulled her face into Kerin's chest. Confused, his eyes switched between the TV and her. There was an older girl being interviewed at the moment. Did Marisa know her? She was from the human district and her name was... wow, Kerin had no idea how to pronouce that. The last name seemed easy enough, Yu-mi-ga... oh. Oh. That was... Fang's last name. Oh.

As he watched the games commence, his stomach took a turn. This was... this was disgusting. Probably the most disgusting thing Kerin had ever seen in his life. Acid rain? And the blood, there was lots of it. How could he have ever watched this before without being completely... without completely hating it. This was such a stupid and crazy idea. Bernkastel though, seemed to just cruise through the whole thing. Was this exactly the same as what would happen this year? Would five of them die within the first day or so? He gritted his teeth and put his plate down as he lost his appetite. He hoped that Bernkastel had something good planned. What was the deal with Bernkastel anyway?

"So when are we having this party?" He cleared his throat out. It was a pretty poor attempt to lighten the mood, but it would have to do. He couldn't pull his eyes away from the slaughter on the television. It was like watching contortionists. They were disgusting, but it was just hard to pull your eyes away; you just had to see what they did next and how they ended their routine. Their big finale.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"Kerin-sama isn't my friend," I mumble softly, listening to the subtle sounds of Bern switching the trap back on. I nuzzle deeper into Kerin. "I think Kerin-sama can be my brother. He'd be a good brother, mew..." I look up at him, and smile. Yup. My brother. He could be the sibling I never had.

"Uhm. Ten. It's....8:45 right now. Uu."

I look back at the screen, as a voice catches my attention. Presia's voice. Jacket over her shoulders and the sword in hand, she's running heavily through the forest; hot on the heels of a vampire. She opens out her jacket, takes out a knife, and it digs right into the spine of the vampire. Now Presia is on top of the vampire. This female blood-sucker is swearing that she'll kill Presia. Presia only sighs, rolling the knife along her fingers.

"Well, a compromise would be to change me into a vampire. Then we'll hunt down Bernkastel together." The vampire grumbles, since she has no choice but to obey. The screen flickers back to Bern, just as the vampire bites Presia, and Presia digs the knife into her throat. Bern is doing her usual weird stuff. Drawing pentagrams in the dirt. Mumbling spells. At one point, she summons a huge snake. But it all disappears within seconds. Then, she looks up to find Presia holding a gun to her head.

I give out a tiny squeak. "T-there's one empty gun in the game. You have to find the bullets hidden around..."

Bern only smiles lightly, and offers her a piece of fruit. Presia, not expecting this, slowly lowers her gun. Within the hour, the two become allys and friends. Bern allows her to drink her blood, in exchange for Presia's station as guard. Down to the last four, the two final people; an angel and a demon, find their way to the camp and attack Presia. Presia manages to shoot the demon, but he easily stabs her gut with her own sword. Bern comes out just to see Presia collapse.

The angel and demon back off slightly as Bern grabs Presia in her arms. Bernkastel doesn't say any kind words. She's silent as she stares into Presia's dying eyes. When the woman speaks for the final time, Bern looks... Saddened.

"I...Just wanted to see my little brother again... Am I dying?" Bern nods, and watches, as the woman goes limp; eyes still open.

When Bern moves, the angel backs slightly with obvious fear in her eyes. The demon is confused. Until Bern looks up at them. Blood-stained red eyes.

"You didn't need to kill her. She was a vampire. It wouldn't affect your winnings... But... That was a fatal mistake on your part." She takes her bloodie hand to her face, and looks at it calmly. "I suggest begging for your lives. You will regret killing her, and not me." She licks the blood off her fingers, and bares her teeth. Two of them which are more defined than the others.

"Nothing. Nobody, can kill me now."

With a quick, sliding movement, it's all over. I watch as a gigantic snake comes out from Bern's palm, and eats the demon whole. The angel, terrified, flees. No use. Bern is quick to catch her. She whispers into her ear.

"You... I'll kill anyone who hurts the people I care for. Now with nobody left, but him, I won't hold back, until he's safe for an eternity. Long live, Lord Ashura." And with a quick motion, Bern snaps the angel's neck.

I close my eyes. What I see, is everything I must do before the games begin. Did I miss anything? Are there any gaps to this plan? None that I am aware of. Just stick to the plan, and everything will go smoothly. Only small conversations can be made outside the schedule. Nothing more, nothing less. Follow each move I make, and think about how it will affect the outcome of the future. No guessing. I have to be completely certain of everything. There are no second chances.

I open my eyes, just as the elevator door slides away. As expected, nothing has changed when it came to style and decor. I step into the dining room silently. Everything is the same, so I only give a few glnces here and there. It's the same pattern of dark colors as last time. Dark blues...Reds...Purples...Black. The odd white. I seat myself down on a wooden chair with red csions. Before us, is an elegant black table cloth with a few unlit candles here and there. Besides the red rose petals, its empty. However, it won't be for long. A male servant approaches me, and asks if I am ready for supper. I nod, and direct my attention accompanying me in this room. He also, just happens to be my ally.

"Please, sit and eat... I would like to know your strengths so I can be a better ally to you. The same goes for you. Since there is nobody to hear, feel free to ask anythng." I watch as the servant comes back with my meal. He must have remembered me from last year, because my portion is much, much smaller compared to a regular meal. A bit of chicken, veggies, bread, cheese, and some fruit. I don't eat much, so food is never a problem in the arena. Water, is the main difficulty. Nothing can live long without water. Even then, water sources are usually tainted.

"I suppose you have come to the conclusion that Ryuu is stupid as well...?" I ask. I take the knife given to me for my chicken, and instead cut a tiny slit in my thumb. Silently, I draw a symbol on my wrist. After a few seconds, my blood turns into a rest smoke and manifests beside me. What forms, in none other than Mammon. Wearing her blood-colored dress with bones lining across it, she snickers. "It's hilarious, really~ I didn't even feel a thing!" I look at Mammon, and pass her my fruit. "You're just too good at playing dead, Mammon."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Kerin-sama isn't my friend," Marisa said, nuzzling closer to Kerin. He felt his heart drop into his feet and a lump rise into his throat. Did she really mean that? What were friends then, if they weren't this? "I think Kerin-sama can be my brother. He'd be a good brother, mew..." Kerin exhaled and almost slapped himself in the head. Right, his sister. She would be his Dana. No, wait. No, she would be his Marisa. She was not like Dana, or Nora or ... Quinn. He couldn't just replace his family. No, she was Marisa.

"Thank you," Kerin said and pulled his eyes back to the television. Fang's sister was a good fighter, he could see. She kept her calm, even turning into a vampire for the sake of the competition. Kerin screwed up his face as he watched the vampire bite the girl, then the vampire's neck immediately being severed by the girl. Who would... want that? He looked away for a little, inspecting the buckle on the cuff on his wrist until he heard Bernkastel's voice again. Oh good, at least Bernkastel was capable of alliances. And when the angel and demon attacked, she fought quite valiantly. And when the girl died, she avenged her with a giant snake. A... snake? Was that the one on her arm? Though that wasn't the only question he had for Marisa.

"What happens if a vampire was to bite a demon or an angel? And do the rules change for Humans who change? Like, are they still considered a human if a them and a vampire from the vampire district remain?" Kerin fiddled with the buckle again. "Oh, and do you think... that snake is the one from Bernkastel's arm?"

He smiled again. He sure felt stupid, asking someone who was at least 5 years younger than he was so many questions.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-As I stepped out of the helicopter, I was immediately blown back in, or at least I would have been had I not grabbed the door frame. I pulled myself outside, accepting the umbrella offered to me, and an idea hatched in my brain, but I didn't allow my smirk to be seen. I made good show of trying to control the umbrella, before it was ripped out of my hand and sent flying towards that heli, and the corrupt game master. Silently hurrying on, I tried to ignore the daggar rain that seemed to have inconveniently shown up to pester us. Our building was kind of a let-down, as I had been suspecting a more grand apperence, but it looked like no one had touched the place in years.

I turned my head slightly so that I could see the others of my race, and how far back they were, and to my slight suprise, saw that they were already at the elevator. As I walked over, I heard Fausto trying to sweetalk Nokoto, and it seemed to be working, but I could also sense a false tone in which he was speaking. As Fausto let go of her hand, he seemed to turn away and continue scowling at something. I walked past him into the open elevator, and when I was close enough, I whispered something in his ear quickly, yet his voice was stone cold "Don't say something you don't mean with your heart. I don't want anything more sorrowful than this,"I said gesturing to the situation we were in"happening while we are here, got it?"

-Stepping past him I walking into the elevator, I waited for the rest of us to file into the elevator, then I pushed Fausto's button first with an emotionless face. He was on the second floor, I was on the 3rd, and Nokoto was 4th. As the door opened for Fausto, I shoved him a bit, and I guessed he would probably flip me off so I just leaned back and closed my eyes until the doors shut. I then pushed Nokoto's button, and just in case she asked, I said that I had something to take care of. As the door opened, he did a wide fancy gesture with both of his hands, pointing towards her door, a slight smile on my face, just for looks. When she had left, I pressed the button to go back to the ground level, slightly hoping that that helicopter and Natruo were both gone, and thankfully they were. Raike surveyed the area the best that he could in that disaster weather before spotting the Demon district building, and scowling.

"I have to climb that thing?.... or use the elevator..." I thought as I began walking over there. I was time to pay a visit to Bernkastel...and see what those other alliances were planning, maybe even join one if he had to.-

((Postin for Evee))

Chapter 3 - Nokoto - Human District

"....?"

Alright. There isn't much I get, but everyone here must be bipolar or simply crazy. To my left, I have Ryuu being extremely silent as he watches the game designer and Bernkastel. What was going through his mind? Murder, probably. He was the more stereotypical demon of the four. Honestly, he was too stupid and rash to be a threat. Bernkastel, is being friendly, but also rather mean. Does that even make sense? Well, from the way she's with the two vampires and dowsing the other named Shiro... Well, I don't know what to think. On the helicopter, she was trying to stay silent, but situations kept arising where she needed to speak. I've seen her play in the previous games, so I know most of what she is capable of. She was a definite threat, but she would probably leave the humans alone since it wouldn't effect her winning the games. But then there's Fausto. The sweet, optimistic boy from the train. He keeps contorting his face slightly as if he's in pain.

Raike, being Raike, whispers something to him which immediately makes Fausto angered. But only for a second. He composes himself and gets into the elevator with us. The second we're at Fausto's floor, Raike shoves him out of the elevator. I sweatdrop. What the heck was going on? Like I knew. I just went with the flow. I didn't really pay much attention to Fausto's reaction, but I smiled when Raike said he had something to do.

"Mysterious~ Don't get yourself into a mess." I warn, but it isn't much of a warning because i'm smiling. Atleast he wasn't as hostile as Ryuu.

When I came to my floor, I gave an awkward wave, and left him be in the elevator. Great. Now what was I supposed to do? Fausto wasn't in the best mood... Jin was psychotic... And Raike was doing something shady. He'll probably come back with an injury of some sort. He was up to something sneaky, most likely... I was NOT curious enough to follow him. Sighing, I enter my new room.

The place reminds me of a fancy hotel my former home lived beside. An expensive place with servants and all imaginable. This, was what I pictured to be inside such a place. Soft, welcoming white carpets... Creamy yellow walls... A white-framed bed with light blue blankets. Yup. Exactly so. I take my time exploring the place, because I have nothing better to do. I'm relieved not to find anything suspicious poking around. The bathroom is a blinding room of white. Within ten minutes, I'm done exploring and now tucked deep into my bed. With the lights off, I can watch the flashes of lightning bounce off my walls. I'm not hungry. Not after everything I've been through. Sleep is what I need, and sleep, I do.

Chapter 3 - Raike Destan - Human District

-Raike pressed the button that spelled out the name of the person he aimed to see, "Bernkastel" and silently waited until he arrived at her floor. As the doors opened, he found that she was not there. Cursing, he went over the places that she might be, and found that he couldn't think of one, since he knew nothing about her. He could just wait till she came but that would probably give her the wrong idea. What about the angels?

He hadn't really talked to any of them on the heli ride, and for some odd reason, he was slightly concerned about Amelia, then again, he didn't feel like walking all the way there, specially in this rain. Sighing he decided to check out the training room, since he needed some practice anyway. As the elevator doors closed, his jacket was caught between the doors, he pulled on it until it came free, breaking of the zipper, which irritated him slightly. All of this, he would at least be able to take out on the training dummies or whatever they had. A tiny flame flickered on his finger, before going out just as quickly.

Just as he was at the ground floor, he remembered something that he probably should have thought of at the beginning. The entertainment room was right above the dining hall, at least in his own district's dorm, and perhaps it would be the same with the demons. He pushed the button for the desired room, and waited with slight impatience as the elevator quickly acended the floors until it finally stopped at the entertainment room. He didn't really even want to know what "entertained" demons, so he paid little attention to those things, and headed for the steps. He cursed himself slightly for bringing metal grip bottom boots, as they slowed his progress drastically, as he wanted to make no sound.

When he was close enough to make out the voices talking, he stopped, and sat on the steps, listening.-

"Please, sit and eat... I would like to know your strengths so I can be a better ally to you. Since there is no one to hear, feel free to ask anything." Raike recognised that voice as one that belonged to Bernkastel. Raike guessed that she was talking to someone else, but who? Normally he would be against eavesdropping, but his life actually might depend on doing it, so in this case, he had no problem with it.

Last edited:
Years
Xavier moves his eyes over to Bernkastel's form, and from what he could see from the awkward position, was that her eyes were shut...Why would she do that? Was she in deep thought? If so, what was she thinking about? Him? The Games? Why? And why am I asking all these questions? "........" He hears a soft 'ding' enter his ears. Xavier sighs lightly, moving himself through the elevator at a slow pace. Oh how he didn't want to be here....

Slowly, quietly, and peacefully, Xavier walked through the elevator. "...." They were in a dining room of some sort, and dark colors flowed throughout the room. His favorite of the colors were those on the rose petals scattered across the table. Red. Although, the room was so...so...big. It made Xavier oddly uncomfortable, being in such a monstrous sized room. He had lived his whole life in the same, miniature, riggity on the outside excuse for a house his entire life. Most would call his 'house' a shack if they didn't see the inside. Gosh...Just this room made him feel uncomfortable...How was he going to sleep?! "........" Xavier watches as the servant blatanly ignores him, and immediately goes into the kitchen after talking with Bernkastel. Hmph.

"Please, sit and eat... I would like to know your strengths so I can be a better ally to you. The same goes for you. Since there is nobody to hear, feel free to ask anything."

Xavier moves from his awkward standing, and moves to the seat opposite of Bernkastel. He sits down, leaning back into the chair, his eyes resting on the table. Almost immediately, the servant comes back out, two platters in each of his hands, and placing them out before Bern & Xavier. "....?" Xavier blinks when he sees his meal. They just...gave him a whole chicken. It even has sides with it too. "....." He doesn't say a word about it, but takes small bite out of his platter. Xavier never was able to eat such large meals all the time. He'd prefer to eat a necessary amount, then save the rest to eat for a later date. You have to be smart with your food when you don't buy it.

"I suppose you have come to the conclusion that Ryuu is stupid as well...?" He nods silently, keeping his half unconcealed eyes locked on his food, taking a small sip of the water presented to him. Well, it wasn't very hard to think that everyone has come to the conclusion that Ryuu is stupid. Everyone. "...." Out of the top of his eye, he can see Bern prick her thumb, make a symbol, then smoke. "..............?" His eyes trail up from his food, to the red haired woman from before. Mammon. "It's hilarious, really~ I didn't even feel a thing!" Xavier looks all the way up, not hearing Bernkastel's words to the woman. Xavier speaks softly. ".....I knew you weren't dead...." There's not even a hint of surprise on his face from seeing Mammon. He wasn't lying.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

Mammon smiles at Xavier with sharp, pointed teeth, before a piece of fresh pineapple becomes their victim. "You're a smart boy. Believe or not, most in that flying death trap think I'm dead... Foolish." She plucks a grape into her mouth, as her razor, strawberry colored eyes fall onto me. I take the glass of cold water into my hand, and give it a gentle sip. "... What Mammon is saying, is that anyone who knows Mammon is alive, will become either allies, or strong enemies. I already know the little vampire knows, but she won't be a problem. Her and those two male vampires. I'm not sure about anyone else, however. Hadn't had the means to make contact with them." I set my glass back down, and look directly at Xavier. "I don't like being the only one to be talking... If you think that if your silence proves capability, you're wrong. I learned that my first year here. If people know you have knowledge, they keep you around in order to obtain information." My right hand is busy spinning my fork, when I say; "And to be honest, I want to keep you around for a time extended past the games... It's hard to find decent intelligence these days."

From the corner of my eye, I see Mammon scrunch up her eyebrows and perk up. Though, I don't worry much about this, since Mammon is... Weird. I finish up my meal quickly, to continue conversation. "Well, I will be busy most of tonight. The vampires want me to go to some... Party. Ten o'clock. And after..." I look back at my drink. Mammon finishes for me. "Fausto will die tonight!"

Back