The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:25 AM
Red's Charizard
Beginning Trainer

That reamain only 6 episodes to be tested!!! :Q______________

Old July 23rd, 2011, 01:21 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Charizard View Post
That reamain only 6 episodes to be tested!!! :Q______________
To be more accurate, it's 11 because there are 5 more episodes to be tested.
As for the 6 episodes, they aren't even done yet.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:17 AM
LugiaSWE
Beginning Trainer

Wow, I'm feeling kind off weird. First thing to do in the morning? **** breakfast, I want to see Ash Gray.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:27 AM
zumba
Skyline

Nature: Calm
You guys it really isnt hard to beat sabrina. Yeah it may take several times but shes a gym leader. Its suppose to be hard. Jus use leach sead and poison powder for double hp draining and then use agility or double team to have a greater cause of her missing then hit her with quick attacks to ensure u get attack off. Try those tactics and see if it works.

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
nightskyedge
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to nightskyedge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbasaurus Rex View Post
Could you at least let it use other attacks? Being outsped is one thing, but you don't even give us a chance when it uses Psybeam every single turn.
I did grind my pikachu up to beat it, but it also started off using calm mind instead of psybeam sometimes, so maybe you're just unlucky. Because if you outspeed it and it uses calm mind first, then you should be able to get in 2 thunderbolts like I did and beat it easily.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
PKMN Master111
Beginning Trainer

what do i do to get into kogas gym?
Old July 23rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Patpatl
Unhatched Egg

I have found a bug. When you start the game and go to the pc, after you quit the pc for some reason when you walk around the bubble is there and says what would you like to do?
Old July 23rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
ZiegIce
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKMN Master111 View Post
what do i do to get into kogas gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
How do I get into Koga's Gym? I don't understand the statue's riddle.
The intent of the riddle when it says that you must "turn South" is that you must face the back of the statue. The intent of the riddle when it says you must "go back" is that you must hit the Back button while facing the back of the statue. This will open the secret entrance to Koga's mansion.

This is what is listed on the first page in Metapod's help section. Take a second to examine it.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

@Zumba: And, will you go ahead and point how is that to be done, when the Kadabra outspeeds EVERYTHING, and kills them in one shot, with an attack that never misses
Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
ZiegIce
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barondante View Post
@Zumba: And, will you go ahead and point how is that to be done, when the Kadabra outspeeds EVERYTHING, and kills them in one shot, with an attack that never misses
I don't know about everyone else since this seems to be the topic of discussion in the past few pages but here's my current team:

Charmander: 26
Ivysaur: 26
Kadabra: 26
Picachu: 26
Nidoking: 27
Gyrados: 30

All of them have been caught, raised, and evolved regularly in battles (i used the moon stone on nidorino obviously)

Now Kadabra's only level 35. I leech seeded with ivysaur, it killed me, and then my gyrados Thrash otk'd after the one leech seed. So at those level's if I had no problem, I can't imagine how with whatever team everyone else has built raising them to level 30 or higher isn't good enough to kill kadabra.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
barondante
Beginning Trainer

And there is the issue. You see, one part (An important part), is that many will be wanting to do this with Ash's pokemon.

At this point, the team would be (In your level range):
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pidgeotto
Pikachu

Out of all these, Pikachu is the fastest. It won't outspeed Kadabra before level 40 or so, which is a tad too much. All of them will just die in a single hit. Nothing else in the game is even nearly as hard, and requires no level grinding. :/

If I made my own team, I would easily be cheesing through the battle at ridiculously low levels.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
BrainstØrm
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to BrainstØrm
Quote:
And there is the issue. You see, one part (An important part), is that many will be wanting to do this with Ash's pokemon.

At this point, the team would be (In your level range):
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pidgeotto
Pikachu

Out of all these, Pikachu is the fastest. It won't outspeed Kadabra before level 40 or so, which is a tad too much. All of them will just die in a single hit. Nothing else in the game is even nearly as hard, and requires no level grinding. :/

If I made my own team, I would easily be cheesing through the battle at ridiculously low levels.
I grinded Pikachu to Lv 34/35 (and the rest of my team to lv 26 or so) and I beat her easily. And I use Ash's team.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
zumba
Skyline

Here is my team that i used for all those who are complaining bout my technique i said earlier.

bulbasaur-36
Charizard-37
squirtle-35
Pikachu-41
Pidgeotto-35

NOTE* all legitimatly leveled up, faced almost every trainer from beginning to end of beta and used EXP share. So if i can beat sabrina with ash's pokemon after several frustrating attempts, u can too. BELIEVE! lol.

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old July 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
ZiegIce
Beginning Trainer

thank you zumba and fizz that's what I'm trying to get across. Doesn't matter what team you're using the battle is possible, level grind a little, that's how you play the game. It's not supposed to be easy people! You want easy, go play Pokemon Sako.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 02:47 PM
redwolf915
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Just a suggestion. Make most of the Team Rocket battles, double battles. It'll take 15 minutes tops to add the scripting change to the battles
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
aperso
left to www.thepkmnworld.com

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aperso
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf915 View Post
Just a suggestion. Make most of the Team Rocket battles, double battles. It'll take 15 minutes tops to add the scripting change to the battles
I think he is doing it for the next beta.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
I think this hack is way better and more challenging than Ash's Quest hack. Great work metapod. I hope that after this hack I see more from you. You are great at this.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Then start beating Pidgey and Zubat and EV train
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:40 AM
tigeris56
Beginning Trainer

These episodes will be in beta 3.0
All Fired Up!
Round One - Begin!
Fire and Ice
The Fourth Round Rumble
A Friend In Deed
Friend and Foe Alike
Friends to the End
Pallet Party Panic
???????????
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:13 AM
LugiaSWE
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeris56 View Post
These episodes will be in beta 3.0
All Fired Up!
Round One - Begin!
Fire and Ice
The Fourth Round Rumble
A Friend In Deed
Friend and Foe Alike
Friends to the End
Pallet Party Panic
???????????
No. Those will be in the next beta (3.5).
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:05 AM
nohaynicklibre
Beginning Trainer

This sounds fun! Now that I completed Flora Sky I have a new hack to play.
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:45 PM
redwolf915
Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperso View Post

I think he is doing it for the next beta.
Awesome. Can you tell me how you know??
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:50 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf915 View Post
Awesome. Can you tell me how you know??
its on the first post, the ones with a cross on it are done, the ones with a check are tested and ready.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Bulbasaurus Rex
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
There's multiple things you can do once it's paralyzed, such as Leech Seed, PoisonPowder, Sand Attack, and Smokescreen that could all stretch out the battle and make victory more attainable. You also can use revives and potions to simply outlast Kadabra as Leech Seed or Poison does its job. I've battled Sabrina countless times and have managed to beat her every time I tested it. It's not easy, but it's more than doable and it's supposed to be hard.
I meant give us a chance without level grinding Pikachu. If it were to use say Disable sometimes instead of always using Psybeam every turn, we'd be able to do something that turn and actually have a chance, while it would still be much easier if you level grinded Pikachu to outspeed it.
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Bulbasaurus Rex
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Then start beating Pidgey and Zubat and EV train
That's the problem. It takes way too much level grinding to get to those levels at that point of the game. I get what Metapod is saying about Ash being totally outmatched by Sabrina in the anime, but I'd like it to at least be possible to beat her without all that level grinding. After all, Pikachu did manage to take a Psybeam attack and hit Kadabra with a Thunderbolt in their second battle in the anime.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links