The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.


Advertise here

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Care_Bear's Avatar
Care_Bear
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm

Advertise here
LEAD:
Ninjask (speed boost)
Item: leftovers
Moves:
Substitute, Protect, Baton Pass, Sword Dance
(messed up Evs)

Breloom (Poison Heal)
Item: Toxic Orb
Moves:
Substitute, Focus Punch, Seed bomb, Spore
12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe

Dragonite (multiscale)
Item: ???
Moves:
Roost, Dragon Claw, Heal bell, Dragon Dance

Blissey (Natural Cure)
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Wish, flamethrower, ThunderWave, Protect

Blazikin (speed boost)
Item: life orb
Moves:
Flare blitz, Thunderpunch, protect, Sword Dance

Tyranitar
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Substitute, Focus punch, crunch, Ice beam


Ok guys this is my team, tell me what you think how to improve etc.
x
  #2    
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Perrie ✿'s Avatar
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Well since your have Tyranitar this is a sandstorm team, right? If so why haven't you got any sand abusers?

Also, Blaziken is banned from standard play. \: Replace him with someone like Excadrill. Also; it would be nice to know the Ev's on your Pokemon. Not just Breloom. Heal Bell is an XD Exclusive move... so how did you get it's DW ability on to it. \: Don't play with hacks.

That's all for now.
__________________
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
  #3    
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:32 PM
dreyko's Avatar
dreyko
Isolated System.
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
first off speed boost blaziken is banned so you should consider a replacement for it.

for your lead ninjask a taunter completely shuts it down especially priority taunter such as whimsicott, tornadus and thundurus.

for your dragonite highly recommend the rain abuser set to help combat rain teams.
and leftovers could be a viable held item.

a good rain abuser set would be
dragonite @ leftovers
timid
multi scale
4 HP 252 Sp. attack 252 Speed

hurricane
draco meteor
surf
roost

multi scale helps nite surviive super effective hits and hurricane get 100% accuracy in the rain and surf gets boosted in the rain roost is to heal off SR and other damage, while draco is for STAB. oh and hurricane gets stab too! =)

oh and what are the EV's for t-tar?

hope this helps!!! 8D
  #4    
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Care_Bear's Avatar
Care_Bear
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
Well since your have Tyranitar this is a sandstorm team, right? If so why haven't you got any sand abusers?

Also, Blaziken is banned from standard play. \: Replace him with someone like Excadrill. Also; it would be nice to know the Ev's on your Pokemon. Not just Breloom. Heal Bell is an XD Exclusive move... so how did you get it's DW ability on to it. \: Don't play with hacks.

That's all for now.
Oh well the blissey was given to me as part of an online trade so i will get rid of him now you have told me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyko View Post
first off speed boost blaziken is banned so you should consider a replacement for it.

for your lead ninjask a taunter completely shuts it down especially priority taunter such as whimsicott, tornadus and thundurus.

for your dragonite highly recommend the rain abuser set to help combat rain teams.
and leftovers could be a viable held item.

a good rain abuser set would be
dragonite @ leftovers
timid
multi scale
4 HP 252 Sp. attack 252 Speed

hurricane
draco meteor
surf
roost

multi scale helps nite surviive super effective hits and hurricane get 100% accuracy in the rain and surf gets boosted in the rain roost is to heal off SR and other damage, while draco is for STAB. oh and hurricane gets stab too! =)

oh and what are the EV's for t-tar?

hope this helps!!! 8D

oh didnt realise blazikin was banned lol! I was thinking of removing T-tar completely and introducing a few 5th gen pokes what dya think? x

Last edited by Care_Bear; July 26th, 2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #5    
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Perrie ✿'s Avatar
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care_Bear View Post
Oh well the blissey was given to me as part of an online trade so i will get rid of him now you have told me :)




oh didnt realise blazikin was banned lol! I was thinking of removing T-tar completely and introducing a few 5th gen pokes what dya think? x
Blissey wut? ;-;

I was referring to Dragonite who has Heal Bell & Multi-Scale. Which is an impossible combination. \:

But if you're going to replace Tyranitar, perhaps replace it with Drizzle Politoed? It can be a nice rain set-up for Dragonite. And replace Blaziken with a rain abuser such as Toxicroak or Tornadus.
__________________
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
  #6    
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Hi there.

It'd be nice to know not only the EVs, but the nature of all of the Pokemon as well. EVs and Nature are very essential to your team and they're also essential for us to know to give you a proper rate.

If you're going to run a Dragon Dance Dragonite set, use Fire Punch > Heal Bell (which is illegal anyway, like dragonomega said). I am not a fan of Ninjask as a lead. Any opposing lead with Roar, Taunt, or even just a priority move essentially makes Ninjask useless. I just do not like it and it provides little benefit for the rest of your team.

If I can ask, what exactly is the team's focus? How do you want to win? Right now, it seems like you just picked a bunch of Pokemon that looked snazzy. Is there a particular Pokemon you want to set up and sweep your opponent? How do you plan on getting rid of that Pokemon's counters and checks? These are the kinds of things you should be thinking about when you're teambuilding. :)

Anyway, get up EVs and Nature and I'll be able to help a little more but to be honest this is the extent of what I can do. :<
__________________
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ

Last edited by Vrai; July 27th, 2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: server gdfknck
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.