• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I edited two maps for trial and error purposes(I'm new to this) and when I go from one map to the other, some of the tiles turn into seemingly random tiles. How would I fix this? I'm hacking Emerald.
Are the two maps connected? Because that's probably since the two maps have different tilesets. You could try and add a gatehouse between the two maps or make the path to the city/route longer so the tiles will change (I hope I explained that alright).

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
Yeah the maps are connected. And that makes sense. I would have to make the path longer seeing how it's Littleroot Town and Route 1. Thanks for your time though.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Concerning JPAN's Hacked Engine; Is the patch enough or should I use the tool as well. If I have to use the tool then how many bytes do I need for each of the offsets

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Concerning JPAN's Hacked Engine; Is the patch enough or should I use the tool as well. If I have to use the tool then how many bytes do I need for each of the offsets

Using the tool is a much better option. It saves a lot of space, since you only insert what you NEED; not everything. I'm not sure about how you know the bytes, though.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
But If I have no concern for space I should just apply the patch and no damage wil be done to the stuff I've already done? So what offsets should I use then?

Also, How do you edit the boxes (you know on the PCs) are they somewhere in UnLz or something?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I con't really say this is a simple question, but I'd like to know.

Does anyone have the offset for FireRed's specials table?

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Yeah, Apart from how to change the boxes on PCs

How do you add offsets to headers, specifically the one that allows NSE to read them in the same table as the other OWs.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Using the tool is a much better option. It saves a lot of space, since you only insert what you NEED; not everything. I'm not sure about how you know the bytes, though.
In the Word document that comes with the tool, JPAN (in most cases) states which offsets/variables/etc. he used for the various added functions. I assume that you'd enter that same data into the tool in order to keep its functioning consistent with the patch version.

It should also be noted that the patch will remove all existing NPCs and scripts (and Pallet Town's warps, but that's a bug) from the ROM, giving you more space to save scripts in. The tool won't do this for you.

Fortunado

Prof. Hemlock is busy now...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
How would I set a step-count limit like in the Safari Zone? I'm trying to make a little minigame.

On a related note, how would I make it a once-daily event?

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
debugging pokemon ruby

hi!

I'd need help to find an emulator which can load pokemon ruby (because I found lots of emulator with breakpoint possibility, but guess what... most of them crash on pokemon games) and I want an emulator which allows for breakpoint (in read and write). the only one I found except the ones that crash is no$gba, for which you need to pay...

can anyone tell me about one working?

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Trying to replace a trainer sprite by importing it into unLZ, but it keeps telling me the image is not Indexed when I've done the standard treatment to Index it (Irfanview, 16 colors, paste into paint, paste over it the original), which has worked for my other sprites... just not this one. Here's the sprite

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Trying to replace a trainer sprite by importing it into unLZ, but it keeps telling me the image is not Indexed when I've done the standard treatment to Index it (Irfanview, 16 colors, paste into paint, paste over it the original), which has worked for my other sprites... just not this one. Here's the sprite
Save it directly from IrfanView as a PNG, after decreasing the color depth to 16 colors. Do not select a transparent color.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
debugging pokemon ruby

hi!

I actually found this by hackmew

ht tp://ww w.pokecom munity.co m/showthread.php?t=117917&page=4

and from what I see, all the people here use VBA SDL H And open pokemon ruby without problem, but when I do, the screen remains white and I have nothing...

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
thx a lot for answering!

actually, I just found that the vba-over.ini file was missing!

it's working now :)

hi!

I'd have another question which is probably simple... with advance map, how do you change the starting map in pokemon ruby?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I'd have another question which is probably simple... with advance map, how do you change the starting map in pokemon ruby?
You can't change it with AdvanceMap. You can change the player's position after the truck cutscene, by using the SMCA tool in HackMew's tool thread. (It's in the spoiler at the bottom of the first post.) I don't know if you can get rid of the truck cutscene itself, though.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
asm hacking

hi!

I would have a last uquestion, about ASM hacking now...

I have a certain address loaded in R1, and I'd like to find where it's done...

so here are my ideas to find it....

have a breakpoint which says : check when R1 = ??? but I don't know how to set it...

find in the cygnus hex editor if there is ldr R1, 08.... but then, I found nowhere what is the instruction in hex for ldr R1, address

that about my ideas...

I,m also not sure if this question isn't too advance for this thread?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
hi!

I would have a last uquestion, about ASM hacking now...

I have a certain address loaded in R1, and I'd like to find where it's done...

so here are my ideas to find it....

have a breakpoint which says : check when R1 = ??? but I don't know how to set it...

find in the cygnus hex editor if there is ldr R1, 08.... but then, I found nowhere what is the instruction in hex for ldr R1, address

that about my ideas...

I,m also not sure if this question isn't too advance for this thread?
Which disassembler are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back