The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
NikNaks

Nature: Jolly
The Octillery sprite under Gold is actually just the HGSS sprite. xD The revamp is the same as Crystal.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
JalordaSerpent
You are my peace.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNaks View Post
The Octillery sprite under Gold is actually just the HGSS sprite. xD The revamp is the same as Crystal.
Thank you for fixing that mistake.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
OminousMix
"Show me whatcha got."

Location: "Hehehehe... So your here to pick a fight with a legend..."
Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to OminousMix
LAST MINUTE 6 REVAMPS.
Also Jal, save me 3 random pokemon. You pick. :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
JalordaSerpent
You are my peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminousMix View Post
LAST MINUTE 6 REVAMPS.
Huh? I've NEVER in my LIFE ANYONE has said to me you pick, besides my parents. Okay, then. You do Lugia, Ho-Oh & Celebi! Lugia for Gold, Ho-Of for Silver, & Celebi for Crystal! Have fun!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
NikNaks

Quote:
LAST MINUTE 6 REVAMPS.
I really think you need to reshade these; they look more like recolours than revamps. I'll redo Machoke to show you what I mean.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
JalordaSerpent
You are my peace.

Quote:
I really think you need to reshade these; they look more like recolours than revamps. I'll redo Machoke to show you what I mean.
Go for it! I'll keep OminousMix's there too until OminousmIx comes back online and replies.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
NikNaks

Hopefully this will explain what I mean. More needs to be done to update the artstyle to the current standard. There's a lot less dithering, and with more colours to play with, the shading is normally much clearer, the outline is much more shaded, and I've updated the detail of the belt to what it looks like in BW. I hope this helps.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
Couriway
leaping through the woods

Ok, this is from Crystal. Btw I made the things white instead of yellow. Maybe someone can edit it?
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Superjub

Nature: Timid
Done two more.

Mew from Pokemon Silver. I love its Silver sprite. It is so awesomel it's probably one of my favourite Mew sprites.

Voltorb from Pokemon Gold/Crystal. I was originally going to submit it to the Red/Blue revamp project thread, due to them essentially having the same sprite (except the Gold/Crystal sprite uses red and the 'shading' is different), but since someone already did Voltorb in that thread, I just updated it and I am going to submit it here.

Old August 4th, 2011, 12:50 AM
OminousMix
"Show me whatcha got."

Quote:

Hopefully this will explain what I mean. More needs to be done to update the artstyle to the current standard. There's a lot less dithering, and with more colours to play with, the shading is normally much clearer, the outline is much more shaded, and I've updated the detail of the belt to what it looks like in BW. I hope this helps.
Indeed this helps, but revamping doesn't awlays mean that you need to add every detail from the current artstyle of some pixel art. Not adding the belt and recoloring the basics is basic revamping. Shading isn't necessary but if you want to go a little more in detail it never hurts to be a little more detailed. I hope you get what i'm trying to say.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:55 AM
NikNaks

Quote:
Indeed this helps, but revamping doesn't awlays mean that you need to add every detail from the current artstyle of some pixel art. Not adding the belt and recoloring the basics is basic revamping. Shading isn't necessary but if you want to go a little more in detail it never hurts to be a little more detailed. I hope you get what i'm trying to say.
Sure, the exact detail on the belt might be OTT, but in my opinion, you do need to work on the shading for it to be a revamp and not a recolour. I think most people agree that shading *is* necessary.
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

Revamping a sprite often implies you're taking it above the original limitations, and in most cases the GSC sprites are barely shaded because it wasn't possible with the original 4-colour limit and art style.
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:52 AM
OminousMix
"Show me whatcha got."

Well i'm not going to argue since i know i can't win. So okay, i guess shading would be necessary. I'm not that good at revamping anyway so yeah...
By the way, i might not revamps for a while due to....Issues. *Look's right and left*

Old August 16th, 2011, 08:55 AM
JalordaSerpent
You are my peace.

Announcement

Hello everyone! OminousMix is starting a new thread of this so he can take over this project! Sorry for the inconvenience, but I can't handle being the owner of this project any more.
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:56 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Here's one I just made from Silver (feel free to give me comments):
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM
ZeKro
http://zekrowah.deviantart.com

Hey, I like these revamps!
They're very good, but some shadows are a bit bads, and some of the sprites don't look very "cleans".
You maybe can make the shadows like the Black & White style, which is more "clean" xD

Keep it up!

My things

My DeviantArt
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

Sorry, it seems this project has died off! It's possible to recreate the project by creating another thread, but make sure you have moderator approval from me with discussions via PM.

Closed

Sponsored Links