• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hey Zeikku thank you for answering my question I do like your new sprites. I do have a few more questions though, are you going to include the Sevii Islands? And I know I've already asked this but I really want to play this on my gba so it will seem like an actual pokemon game and I can trade to my other Pokemon Gba games everyone says you need a flash cart and I don't know which one you need or how to get it from a well known site like EBay or Amazon. Could I just overwrite a game on a Gba Cartridge or no? Sorry to ask so many questions I just need to ask someone who knows what they're doing. :D Thanks, LCF

Thanks for the feedback. The Sevii islands won't be included purely for the fact they were only included so that the Pokédex could be expanded in FireRed. We already have like 3 regions. To play the game on the GBA you need a GBA flashcart. Use an online store called Shoptemp (google it) to find one.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
Progress seems to be comming along smoothly. Quick Question; Will the Pokemon be animated in the newest version?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Which carts will work with the real time clock Ez-Flash V?

Which flash carts have the real time clock the Ez-Flash V?

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Which carts will work with the real time clock Ez-Flash V?

Which flash carts have the real time clock the Ez-Flash V?

I don't think any cart will work with Liquid Crystal's Real-time clock because the GBA didn't have a clock feature. You see the game reads the time on the system you play on. The only reason the Real-time clock works in games like Ruby/ Sapphire/ Emerald is because the game keeps track of time from the moment it is set..

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Oh I see so basically you would would have to set the clock in the game for it to work which you can't do in the game. I did see a cart called Ezf Advance that says it has a real time clock but that wouldn't work would it?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Oh I see so basically you would would have to set the clock in the game for it to work which you can't do in the game. I did see a cart called Ezf Advance that says it has a real time clock but that wouldn't work would it?
Don't buy that. I have one, and they are nowhere near as good as the iv,or the vi with gba expansion pack. The reason the RTC won't work (to the best of my understanding) is that it reads the time from the emulator. This means that the it wouldn't work on any flashcart without either haveing the cart specially designed for the game, or without rewriting the RTC feature almost completly. I think I saw a vba emulator in the homebrew browser on the wii, so that might work, but your best bet is to just play it on the comp for now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2014
When battling the Elite Four, and when Lance is over, it doesn't save, and so I can't go to Kanto :( Why ?

Sazandora

bleh
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
When battling the Elite Four, and when Lance is over, it doesn't save, and so I can't go to Kanto :( Why ?

Sadly, before you started the game, I think you forgot to change the save type to Flash 128k (I think that's the right one :P), which means you'll have to start over if you want to progress to Kanto. Sorry. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2014
Ahah, I thought it was something like that x)
Starting over so :D

Great job anyway, can't wait for beta 3.1. :D

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I don't think any cart will work with Liquid Crystal's Real-time clock because the GBA didn't have a clock feature. You see the game reads the time on the system you play on. The only reason the Real-time clock works in games like Ruby/ Sapphire/ Emerald is because the game keeps track of time from the moment it is set..

GBA does have a clock feature but the clock is in the cart, hence the "battery run dry" message with emerald it has it's own battery in the cart to keep it's time. I'm pretty sure there is a flash cart which has a clock, but LC can't have the clock set the time for it so it would only start either at 0:00 or whatever time it might of had before. Just a hunch xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
alright, so i have been playing this hack obviously, and i must say; it is just so awesome. however, i have beaten all the gyms but i cant get to red? i did some research and it says i had to go talk to prof. oak. and i did and he told me i had to get all the gym badges before i could go beat red. So i have beaten all the gym leaders and im really confused. Is this where the game lets off until 3.1?

xLatematt0707x

Expert at pwning n00bs.
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2011
YES! It Is Open now! i used to Play liquid crystal all day! now a Beta 3.1 is COMING SOON!!!! :-) :-) :-)
EDIT:Apperently, when you put a picture up, it won't show up on older posts.

Last edited:
Back