Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which name is better?
Shining Orbs 27 75.00%
Shiny Diamond 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:57 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSpirit View Post
What is with the "u mad" and the part after that on the first post? I did not get it? As for your video, why does everything look so... swirly?

The story isn't bad, I see it's a continuation of N from B/W, makes sense. The introduction is weird though, it does not sound like Pokemon. I didn't know people went to school in Pokemon. Why don't we watch Ash in school then?
First of all, HI DASPIRIT FROM DA!!!
Okay, now lets explain, hmm.. "u mad?" was just a thing like a story or plot..
And, for the video. Because I made the mode like Diamond/Pearl

omega.
No information yet.
Old July 24th, 2011, 04:54 AM
flamemaster
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
Quote:
What is with the "u mad" and the part after that on the first post? I did not get it? As for your video, why does everything look so... swirly?

The story isn't bad, I see it's a continuation of N from B/W, makes sense. The introduction is weird though, it does not sound like Pokemon. I didn't know people went to school in Pokemon. Why don't we watch Ash in school then?
well actually, in the pokemon books, ash goes toschool. they just edited that out when they made the show, just like they edited out how he really got pikachu.
Kickin it, old school
Grass - Fire - Water
Who will you choose?
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:12 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Our website
pokemonshiningorbs.wordpress.com

omega.
No information yet.
Old July 24th, 2011, 04:44 PM
DaSpirit
Mad Programmer

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post
First of all, HI DASPIRIT FROM DA!!!
Okay, now lets explain, hmm.. "u mad?" was just a thing like a story or plot..
And, for the video. Because I made the mode like Diamond/Pearl
Yeah, I've had a Pokecommunity account for like 4 years now and go on almost daily, I just don't post much. I still fail to see the relevance of the "u mad" part. Does it have anything to do with the story? If so, then you should edit it into the story section. If not, I think you should remove it, because it is very random and confusing.

As for that mode, It doesn't look too good. I think D/P still used real 3D for the overworld. That mode only angles everything based on the player. It would make sense if you put the other walls for the building and that they get more visible depending on the angle of the building.

Cool website, by the way. The banner on the top that shows trees, you should edit that to show Pokemon instead.
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:08 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Quote:
Yeah, I've had a Pokecommunity account for like 4 years now and go on almost daily, I just don't post much. I still fail to see the relevance of the "u mad" part. Does it have anything to do with the story? If so, then you should edit it into the story section. If not, I think you should remove it, because it is very random and confusing.

As for that mode, It doesn't look too good. I think D/P still used real 3D for the overworld. That mode only angles everything based on the player. It would make sense if you put the other walls for the building and that they get more visible depending on the angle of the building.

Cool website, by the way. The banner on the top that shows trees, you should edit that to show Pokemon instead.
Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------
Anyways, A Shiny banner is coming.

omega.
No information yet.
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Nature: Modest
Doing my sectional rating system for this.

The Game 4/5

I respect the choice of starters, but a tad bit overused, correct?

U mad? 2/5

Eh? That was confusing...

wut? 1/5

Nice to know... Not that important, though...

Introduction 4/5

I love it. Elaynii put a lot of effort into this. Only thing I find
wrong with it is that the video bears no resemblance to this...

Story 3/5

Needs to be written better. Snivy, you sure you can do all that?

Screenshots 3/5

This is where I say no. The graphics are horrible and look like
you spent 15 minutes on it n MS paint. The rooms are still way
too spaced out. The scripts arent modified at all. The systems are
all the basic ones from Venom's kit. Your outdoor mapping is very
bland. The trees are also cut off. I lost to give you something?
No, I forgot to give you something.

Video 3/5

Why is Mom humping the counter..?

Total: 20/35, or a 60% D.

You need to work on this. A lot.

"The sky's the limit," but "Hope is the pillar that holds up the world."
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:10 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
I lot of people have reprehended the work needed for this game already
Old July 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Guys, I am sorry for the 1-day offline. And, Neo-Spriteman is my mapper.

omega.
No information yet.

Last edited by TheMarkCrafter; July 27th, 2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
You'd be better off reporting your own post, then telling them you want the thread name changed. Because, if I recall, both Yuoaman and Cilerba are on a brief leave.
Old July 27th, 2011, 04:55 AM
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party

Nature: Jolly
This actually looks quite good! I do agree with Minezumi's post about the whole overview of the game however. Your video is alright, but the music actually... destroyed my ears, I'm listening through headphones but I'm using a HD Audio Program which increases volume significantly so I'm not really in any position to criticize you for that. Either way it's a good idea and I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, I wish I could offer you some help, but I'm working on some projects of my own over the summer.
Eat pizza and stay punk rock

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:09 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRoller View Post
This actually looks quite good! I do agree with Minezumi's post about the whole overview of the game however. Your video is alright, but the music actually... destroyed my ears, I'm listening through headphones but I'm using a HD Audio Program which increases volume significantly so I'm not really in any position to criticize you for that. Either way it's a good idea and I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, I wish I could offer you some help, but I'm working on some projects of my own over the summer.
Thank you! I know why the music is DAT ANNOYING! Don't worry, Minezumi will give me some new music.
------------------------
EDIT: Edited the main thread.

Sorry for the double post, but why nobody will comment?

omega.
No information yet.

Last edited by TheMarkCrafter; July 27th, 2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
titiy
Beginning Trainer

You should practice before trying to make a game.

Last edited by titiy; July 29th, 2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old July 30th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Silver25
Trainer

KingSnivy, I'm sorry but the quality of the video is not good and shows nothing about the story itself or anything other than to show what little you have done. In your first post the layout appears to be ameatur. What on earth is with the "U mad?" and "wut?" segments. You could at least spell out the words correctly and not use text/Internet abbreviation.

And with the credits, I see practically every job done by someone else. You have said you are a spriter you could learn something else to contribute to YOUR game. That's the whole point, if you do 20% of the work on your game then it's really only your game by title which is worthless really.

Sorry to be so harsh but I think it may be the only way to get through as you have in the past rejected criticism (I see you commented on the music which is a start).
I Support...
Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:13 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Guys, I made a new title screen, and made a simple edit for the 1st post.

omega.
No information yet.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope

Nature: Calm
1. Your first post is an eyesore. All the pink is really kind of annoying. It makes the text kind of hard to read in some parts of the post.
2. Shining Diamond was, to be honest, a better name than Shining Orbs. "Orbs" just doesn't sound like anything in a Pokémon universe.
3. Don't use trollslang like "u mad" and "wut". It's unprofessional, and the information contained in those segments is useless.
4. Both the Introduction and the Story are plagued with terrible grammar and punctuation. Your spelling could use some touching up.
5. In the video, your entire world shakes with each step. That's not a good thing. Maybe that's just because it's a video, but you should get that checked. You also have the character walking over areas that shouldn't be walked over.
6. Why is Lucas so skinny? Overworld sprites aren't that skinny, and if they are, their heads are normally sized. That Lucas sprite is honestly terrible. His head is massive compared to his body.
7. I must commend you. You've taken unoriginality and laziness to new lows. Your game lacks new characters, it mixes Dawn and Lucas with Generation 5 characters in an entirely new game, and you've credited yourself with "Logo".

I have to ask, and I expect an answer, what do you do on this project? Please don't just avoid the question. Really, answer it. Why did you start this project if you don't plan on doing anything for it other than taking bits and pieces of other stories and mashing them together?
Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
The css background is really eye hurting.
and the maps u ahve there are pretty empty/open too:\
i think everything i said until now was said though...
anyways good luck in doing this!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 05:20 AM
Ultimo Spriter
I'm back ...

Nature: Sassy
Watched the video. Dialogue needs improvement, I recommend getting someone else to check it before you release anything. The story I find odd and without any explanation as to why. Why is N suddenly a crazed supporter of Giratina and why does he want to rule the world. What I got from Black and White is the the character of N wanted to liberate Pokemon from Humans peacefully so that they can live in harmony with one another. Also why does the player hold the fate of Ueno, did they discover some artifact, are they part of some ancient family clan, sheer luck? More explanation is needed. I'm going to be honest, you have a lot of work to do for your game. A lot of aspects of your game need much improvement.
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:54 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo Spriter View Post
Watched the video. Dialogue needs improvement, I recommend getting someone else to check it before you release anything. The story I find odd and without any explanation as to why. Why is N suddenly a crazed supporter of Giratina and why does he want to rule the world. What I got from Black and White is the the character of N wanted to liberate Pokemon from Humans peacefully so that they can live in harmony with one another. Also why does the player hold the fate of Ueno, did they discover some artifact, are they part of some ancient family clan, sheer luck? More explanation is needed. I'm going to be honest, you have a lot of work to do for your game. A lot of aspects of your game need much improvement.
Now, I changed the story, and deleted the video.
N was replaced with Cyrus.
Giratina was replaced with Reshiram

omega.
No information yet.
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

To be honest with you, KingSnivy...

Leaving it as Giratina and replacing N with Cyrus would've made much more sense. Cyrus, if I recall correctly, was stuck in the Distortion World after the player defeated/captured Giratina.

Be that as it may, I am still willing to help you with your dialog and plot.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Silver25
Trainer

What exactly is the point of having the pics and video still on there and just saying they are "outdated?"
I Support...
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

UPDATE!
I've updated the textbox, changed the SpriteWindow script lines 11 to 15, and made the font white, thanks to Abnegation for telling me how to do this.

omega.
No information yet.
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:12 PM
danko Kordic
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post

UPDATE!
I've updated the textbox, changed the SpriteWindow script lines 11 to 15, and made the font white, thanks to Abnegation for telling me how to do this.
You didnt know how to make your font white?
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by danko Kordic View Post
You didnt know how to make your font white?
He means transparent,like you're able to see the tiles while the text is visible.
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:03 PM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

Nature: Bold
From what I can see is your style is not cohesive. You have the 5th gen sprites with the 4th gen indoor tiles, and some of your outdoor tiles do not look that great with the transparency.

Old August 4th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Oh, and, I would still like some sort of credit for that Introduction I made you.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here