The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Today was the first day it was available at a not-completely-ridiculous time in North America, or at least the Eastern timezone. :x So that's why it filled up super fast.

I'm so glad the quill glitched and they just didn't bother with it. It's the only reason I was able to register since my phone certainly would not have been able to do the quill thing and since I was at work, that's all I had. XD; But I got in! My username is RainDust150 which isn't great, but all my other option had like... bludger in them. @_@

lmao when I realized I had lots of free time at work today, I panicked a bit and started reading the HP wiki for everything I could find on Goblet of Fire, especially trying to find numbers. "THIS DOESN'T LIST THE POINTS PEOPLE GOT IN TASKS. WHAT IF THEY ASK THAT!?!??!" I hadn't heard it was supposed to be easier from now on so when I saw the question I just kind of stared at it. XD

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I really do wish there were better usernames to choose from, like IncendioDerp3 or other cool usernames. I registered and somehow found the magical quill I don't even know how I found it, I got LumosPumpkin66 which I like. I was tempted to go for WalnutPotion or whatever but I thought that'd be weird since I'm allergic to Walnuts. :P
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I agree. Or at least ditch the numbers. There must be SO many possible magical word combinations. I don't believe they could have exhausted them all.

Or if not that, they could have a refresh button so you get a new selection of usernames to choose from. >>

tumblrtwitter

Old August 4th, 2011, 06:00 AM
mzmingle
Okay What?...

I got in, i'm BladeSpirit22.
Well, that was the only good one i could see, like.
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:51 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning
I agree. Or at least ditch the numbers. There must be SO many possible magical word combinations. I don't believe they could have exhausted them all.

Or if not that, they could have a refresh button so you get a new selection of usernames to choose from. >>
Yeah, if only they'd let me change the first word to a certain kind of broomstick!! :P

Today's clue will be revealed at a more convenient time as well, 11:30 ET or 12:30 ET (can't tell cause no one's noting the daylight saving difference). I know British standard time is the norm, they don't have daylight time. But for the US, come on...please make it consistent.
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

The clue is up, y'all. I imagine it won't be up for longer, though.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Last clues are gonna be 1:30-4:30pm BST tomorrow and 12:30-3:00am BST ON Saturday. :X Good luck everyone!

I tried a few more emails hoping for better usernames but all of them sucked so I abandoned the registration pages. I have begun to warm up to my original username as a result.

tumblrtwitter

Old August 4th, 2011, 05:15 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Heh, now the times are all over the place. And are they getting easy or what? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning
I tried a few more emails hoping for better usernames but all of them sucked so I abandoned the registration pages.
Doesn't doing this hurt those who really want to get in by taking away these? But then it doesn't matter as long as you don't validate the account. :/
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

She didn't register them, so no.
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Xyrin
Furret

Nature: Jolly
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Birch, 12 1/2 inches
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: a pony

I loved the series so much. Going to wake up at 8 AM to get the quill. :P I missed every chance so far. Following Mugglecast and the pottermore twitter though. With tweetdeck I should get instand notification and hopefully it won't be to hard. : < Hopefully the question will involve something that happened in the movie because I just watched it. Or something that I can check the wiki for. : /

Furret

The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Seeing as the time when the clues get up REALLY conflicts against my schedule, I guess I'll have to wait until October... ):
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I can have another go at the clue today, hopefully, as long as it doesn't start too well past 4~

Apparently all the numbers you have to multiply the answer by are multiples of 7 :P It seems a very JKish thing to do~

Quote:
Today's clue will be revealed at a more convenient time as well, 11:30 ET or 12:30 ET (can't tell cause no one's noting the daylight saving difference). I know British standard time is the norm, they don't have daylight time. But for the US, come on...please make it consistent.
OK, OK, if I don't correct this, I will go insane, I'm so sorry. BST doesn't mean British Standard Time (no such thing), it means British Summer Time. BST is UTC +1. When we go back an hour it's GMT, which is UTC 0 and the standard. Those are the two time zone names we use. Whatever your time zone is, it's currently UTC -4, which is 5 hours behind BST/UTC +1. I hope this helped. /lessonover
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Zeffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Apparently all the numbers you have to multiply the answer by are multiples of 7 :P It seems a very JKish thing to do~
I kind of noticed that and didn't seem surprised tbqh. xD
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I didn't notice at all, but then I think I've only done 2 of the questions XD

The next clue is up now~ Wow, it was so simple. Heh, they were right, this one is times by 14, so the last one is going to be times by 7 XD
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Zeffy

I got in guys. It was so awesome! /really thought he couldn't get in right now
I'm so happy right now. My username is KeyStrike8. Pretty good if you ask me compared to the other choices which was almost gibberish... :D
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Xyrin
Furret

:D I got in as well. My username is Chestnutwillow171. Which is a pretty good name I guess. I'm just extremely happy to get in. It was easy and could be found by one or two google searches. Sadly I used Google because we don't own HBP.

Furret

Old August 5th, 2011, 07:32 AM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Congrats, Zeffy. JKR is making it so easy for hard-core HP fans to get in early *rolls eyes*. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyrin
It was easy and could be found by one or two google searches. Sadly I used Google because we don't own HBP.
Hehe don't worry. Reading the books again isn't the only way to um...er get the answers. Especially in this day and age.
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

The final quill challenge is up. Last chance!
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Xyrin
Furret

I got my account this morning but when I got a tweet saying the clue just went up I remembered my mom said she would have liked one. I got on and saw the clue. I was completely shocked. The question was completely easy! Honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottermore
How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7.
sdjs That was... Horrible! Ugh I feel they could have done much better then that. I understand it's supposed to be pretty easy but.. That's just a little too easy. Someone could have given you a summary for the last book and you would be able to get that right. >_>

On another note I believe once school starts and I get that mandatory reading time that my school does I'll re-read the books. n_n

Furret

Old August 5th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

They did say that they'd go from hard to easy, and how much easier can it get than that? The first question was really rather hard. You had to actually go back and look at it in the book because it was something that didn't stand out at all.
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Zeffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
They did say that they'd go from hard to easy, and how much easier can it get than that? The first question was really rather hard. You had to actually go back and look at it in the book because it was something that didn't stand out at all.
He's right. When I tried answering the first clue I had to read the book again and that made me read the a few chapters. Which was quite fun, even though I didn't get the chance to look for the magical quill. xD
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Wow, they really were trying to give people of all time zones a chance, I was sleeping then XD I'm supposing it was evening time in America, though.

The easy question must've meant places went super quick, though. Now all there's left to do is wait for the welcome email for the opening of the site. Wonder how long that'll take.
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Actually from the time the clue went up for the last one, it spanned all the way until the end of the time period. I think they just left it open until then rather than until all spots were filled. The biggest fans who would appreciate the harder clues earlier on probably all got in so the seventh day was just for "everyone else". :P

tumblrtwitter

Old August 6th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
Reading the books again isn't the only way to um...er get the answers.
Which is so unfortunate, too. I feel that the beta period accounts should be reserved for those who have been with the Harry Potter world through thick and thin; not just who watched the movies, but those who actually read the books. I realize that for some, the movies were an important part of their lives, but if you compare it to someone who has read the books and has re-read them, you really don't get the same level of dedication and the one who hasn't picked up the book has little room to speak whilst watching the movies and speaking of the world in criticism as a whole. At least that's how I feel.
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

My friends and I were talking for hours in a coffee shop last night after seeing DH2 again, and we all sort of agreed that if you couldn't check the "all" button under movies and books (or at least books) in the registration form, you probably shouldn't be taking up a beta spot. Rather elitist of us but... one of us especially is absolutely obsessed with the series so. XD;

tumblrtwitter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here