The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Justin Drew Bieber born March 1, 1994. In London, Ontario in Canada, mother Pattie Mallette and father Jeremy Jack Bieber are now divorced, Justin's fame started in 2007 when his mother uploaded videos of him on YouTube, he was later discovered by Scooter Braun, Usher later signed him up.
I love Justin Bieber, I'm a male Belieber and I hate why people hate him so much, he's done nothing to anyone to make them hate him, I love him, at
17 years old, I'm proud of him. Did you know he shaves his legs? He also shaves his arms.

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; August 13th, 2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old August 7th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

i like him perhaps you could say i have soft spot for him despite him being more successful than me when i am more musically talented
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I don't have any opinions on his music whatsoever, I've never heard it and never particularly care to.

I don't like him personally because I find him incredibly obnoxious. Though I will admit he is slowly getting better with age.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Arcticblast
Beginning Trainer

I want him to start a death metal band and release an album as a JB album. I would listen to it.

EDIT @Below: I'm only being considerate so I don't get banned :3

Hey, everybody, join Riot Act Forums for metal/punk discussion. ...please? We're trying to revive a dead forum... ._.

Last edited by Arcticblast; August 8th, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:21 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
(S)he receives too much media attention. I admit. at first I was a bit jealous of how much money (s)he makes, no matter how much (s)he sucked at singing. but I never thought (s)he had any sort of talent whatsoever, and (s)he doesn't justify his talent for all the attention (s)he gives out. I'm actually surprised at the reactions. At pretty much 95% of other forums OP would've been bashed and made fun of. Glad that posters in PC aren't so inconsiderate as some of other forums I've been in.

Old August 8th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle
Wow,one of the subjects that are on my hate list,but I'll go easy,because I would get banned for starting a argument on this,I really don't like his music despite his popularity,it's just strange,sure jealous is the right term word for it.I really don't understand on how he became so famous after all,most famous singers have a sorta girlish voice,while some are woman,but don't get me wrong I like just one of his songs,it's just that he's unknown,unclear to me.
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Gold warehouse

He's got potential. At the moment he literally is just an industry puppet for teen pop, but I think when he gets older he definitely has a shot of doing something worth remembering.
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
(S)he receives too much media attention. I admit. at first I was a bit jealous of how much money (s)he makes, no matter how much (s)he sucked at singing. but I never thought (s)he had any sort of talent whatsoever, and (s)he doesn't justify his talent for all the attention (s)he gives out.
you do know he is male right or does your keyboard come with some optional gender pronoun with it? that would be cool. maybe it lights up too. also he's probably a better singer than you who are you to judge?

Quote:
Glad that posters in PC aren't so inconsiderate as some of other forums I've been in.
ashggjdgahjdgajdgajsgdjasgdajgdasjgdsjagdjagdajgdjagdjasghdajh

hahhaahhahahahahahahahhaa

if this wasn't so unintentionally hilarious i'd say you're the best poster on the internet
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Anders
Booted out - don't be like me!

I like all the songs he's released, every collab he's in and every everything about what he wears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I don't have any opinions on his music whatsoever, I've never heard it and never particularly care to.

I don't like him personally because I find him incredibly obnoxious. Though I will admit he is slowly getting better with age.
Okay Shining Raichu. I totally believe that you follow the going ons around Justin Bieber but you have NEVER listened to one of his songs.
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:25 PM
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

Nature: Relaxed
It's funny how you can make a song about never saying never, and then saying never like 50 times in it.

Just sayin'
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Anders
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
It's funny how you can make a song about never saying never, and then saying never like 50 times in it.

Just sayin'
Yeah lol I know what you mean. Like, I know that it like doesn't have anything to do with not actually saying the word never, but like it's just funny lol.
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post

Just sayin'
yes starry night let's judge an entire career on one of his ghostwriters
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I went into a 3D showing of Never Say Never with my friends so we could make fun of it. We came out of it as Beliebers. :(

I mean, I'm not one of the crazy tweens that flip their **** over him but his songs are catchy and I can't lie--I am so jealous of his success lmao. I wish I had that kind of money, though I guess I would never, ever want his fans. His fans are the worst thing about him. D:

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 8th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Binary
え?

I don't like him, but I don't hate him either. I've listened to some of his songs, and I think he does have talent. I don't understand why people go around hating. I mean, there's no reason to. If you like him, that's cool. If you don't, that's cool too.. you don't need to be overly explicit about it.
Old August 8th, 2011, 07:56 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
you do know he is male right or does your keyboard come with some optional gender pronoun with it? that would be cool. maybe it lights up too. also he's probably a better singer than you who are you to judge?

Those things that typical "fans" say always irks me. It comes out of about 99% of those so called "beliebers" to try to defend him (there, you happy?). You don't necessarily have to be good at something that you do to be a critic. Just because someone has different opinions doesn't mean you have to be butthurt over it.

His (again, happy?) popularity is diminishing though. He's on his way to becoming an Aaron Carter. It was so frustrating when I saw bieber in yahoo news every other day.

I was jealous of him, but now I'm not anymore. Life is about making your own living and enduring hardships that come with it. He could retire in his early 20s, but he's probably not going to be happy with it. If you don't see what I mean, just try playing hacked version of minigames like age of war and tower defense type games with unlimited resources. You quickly become tired and bored with it.

Old August 8th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

tbh the "lol Justin Bieber is a girl" jokes got old when his voice actually did change. :( All I know is he can't sing Baby like he did on the album anymore, lmao.

I totally just looked at his wiki page to see what his latest single was so I could go check my voice-changed fact and while I didn't even skim it enough to read that far, I did notice he has an entire sub-heading for his hair in the article. Wow.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 8th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
(S)he receives too much media attention. I admit. at first I was a bit jealous of how much money (s)he makes, no matter how much (s)he sucked at singing. but I never thought (s)he had any sort of talent whatsoever, and (s)he doesn't justify his talent for all the attention (s)he gives out. I'm actually surprised at the reactions. At pretty much 95% of other forums OP would've been bashed and made fun of. Glad that posters in PC aren't so inconsiderate as some of other forums I've been in.
I thought jokes/insults calling Justin Bieber a girl were considered 'so 2009' nowadays, but lol, someones keeping them alive. Oh well.
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
He's a better rapper than Chris Brown, in my humble opinion. I watched Never Say Never with my little sister since she could only see it on my laptop and I would not leave her alone with it. I enjoyed it. Stuck in the Moment is the only song I like from him, though.
Old August 9th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Ascaris
boogey

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekky View Post

yes starry night let's judge an entire career on one of his ghostwriters
why does he even have a career? all he can do is sing, and hes not even a SPECTACULAR singer.
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Okay Shining Raichu. I totally believe that you follow the going ons around Justin Bieber but you have NEVER listened to one of his songs.
I don't follow the goings-on around Justin Bieber. There was a time when you could barely turn on the TV or a computer without hearing something about him. Also, as a religious viewer of both The Ellen DeGeneres Show and Chelsea Lately, I have seen a fair few interviews of his, and did not like him at all.

And as someone who passively listens to the radio in the car, there is a chance I have heard some of his music but not realised it. Beyond "Baby, Baby, Baby, Oh" I cannot think of one song to associate with his name.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I don't really care for him, I never really liked his music or his voice but I can see why a lot of people love him. I don't get the nail varnish or perfume though, what's up with that? But yeah, I don't hate on him, because well, most of us probably wish we were him. xD

Old August 9th, 2011, 07:29 AM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
tbh the "lol Justin Bieber is a girl" jokes got old when his voice actually did change. All I know is he can't sing Baby like he did on the album anymore, lmao.

I totally just looked at his wiki page to see what his latest single was so I could go check my voice-changed fact and while I didn't even skim it enough to read that far, I did notice he has an entire sub-heading for his hair in the article. Wow.
True that. Though it was funny to see him not hitting puberty until 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post

I thought jokes/insults calling Justin Bieber a girl were considered 'so 2009' nowadays, but lol, someones keeping them alive. Oh well.
Saved your gif for future uses. thanks. (the (s)he comment was inconsiderate on my part though, I'll admit.)

Old August 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Katalyst
Black Rose Immortal

Justin Bieber is being used as a money generator. That's how most of pop works. If you look good and have a high-pitched voice, BAM, there is a money machine. And all this teen craze around him is only an advantage to that.
About the music, I don't like it. Neither do I like his singing. End of story.

© i Katalyst
Old August 9th, 2011, 12:49 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalyst View Post
Justin Bieber is being used as a money generator. That's how most of pop works. If you look good and have a high-pitched voice, BAM, there is a money machine. And all this teen craze around him is only an advantage to that.
About the music, I don't like it. Neither do I like his singing. End of story.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Justin Bieber is very mainstream pop, and none of that is actually about talent, but about how much money you can make. So, you can see that a majority of his songs feature someone like Ludacris or Chris Brown.

The thing I really hate about him is his fans. The pre-teen and teenage girls go as far as border-line obsession into him, defending him from even the remote insults with a vicious demeanor, but I still don't hate him personally. It's more of a neutral stand now.
Old August 9th, 2011, 03:47 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I think Justin Beiber is very talented - that's pretty obvious. Saying he's not talented is like saying Lady Gaga isn't talented, clearly she is and clearly he is.

That being said, I think he is obnoxious. But that's probably due to him being so young and successful so I won't hold that against him. I just don't think his music style showcases his talents. I don't like his music, but oh well.

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here