The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #876    
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:25 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalordaSerpent7 View Post
I'm not very good at pixel art. Can someone else do it and I give credit to them? The tiles are in the attachment. If you will, will you please put the new tree on a blank part of the tileset? I would like for you to use the Combined Tileset. And also, will you make the tree look like roots are stikking out of the ground. But the ground transparent, so it will work with both grass and rock.

Okay, I changed it so it would look more realistic. It is now known as Vivian City.
Vivian City is a city surrounded by mountains. You will see Hikers here often.
Oh, now you are mixing DPPT/HGSS/and Citrine. Don't do this again, just use 1 tile only.
__________________

omega.
No information yet.
Reply With Quote
  #877    
Old July 22nd, 2011, 06:12 AM
KingCharizard's Avatar
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post
Oh, now you are mixing DPPT/HGSS/and Citrine. Don't do this again, just use 1 tile only.
Wow, did you seriously tell someone what to do?

How he said it is wrong, but snivy is right, its not a good idea to mix tiles
__________________
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
Reply With Quote
  #878    
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
JalordaSerpent's Avatar
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Inside the TARDIS.
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Okay. Sorry. But, I didn't add any HGSS tiles. If you are talking about the building all-the-way to the right, that came with my BW tileset from chimcharsfirworks.
__________________
Let somebody else try first.
twitterpairgithub
Reply With Quote
  #879    
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:57 AM
Rossay's Avatar
Rossay
Quack quack
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalordaSerpent7 View Post
Okay. Sorry. But, I didn't add any HGSS tiles. If you are talking about the building all-the-way to the right, that came with my BW tileset from chimcharsfirworks.
Right. Look, you are mixing way too many styles of tiles as people are trying to point out to you.

4 of your buildings are from DPPt
1 building is a rather strange looking custom tile which looks 3rd gen
the gate house is HGSS
the small trees are 3rd gen trees in 5th gen colours
the big tree is kymotonian's 5th gen tree
the grass is kymotonian's 5th gen grass
the green grass ground looks 3rd/4th gen
the path tiles look 4th gen
the rocks look like Alucus' custom style (though I could be wrong)

The point everyone is trying to make is PLEASE PICK ONE STYLE AND ONLY USE TILES FROM THAT ONE STYLE. Otherwise it looks really, really awful.

Also, there is a tiling error where you have placed the big tree ON TOP of the grass tiles. There shouldnt be grass tiles underneath it.
__________________
Pokemon X - Friend code: 1435-4688-7520
- DeviantArt -


Reply With Quote
  #880    
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:19 AM
JalordaSerpent's Avatar
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Inside the TARDIS.
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossay View Post
Right. Look, you are mixing way too many styles of tiles as people are trying to point out to you.

4 of your buildings are from DPPt
1 building is a rather strange looking custom tile which looks 3rd gen
the gate house is HGSS
the small trees are 3rd gen trees in 5th gen colours
the big tree is kymotonian's 5th gen tree
the grass is kymotonian's 5th gen grass
the green grass ground looks 3rd/4th gen
the path tiles look 4th gen
the rocks look like Alucus' custom style (though I could be wrong)

The point everyone is trying to make is PLEASE PICK ONE STYLE AND ONLY USE TILES FROM THAT ONE STYLE. Otherwise it looks really, really awful.

Also, there is a tiling error where you have placed the big tree ON TOP of the grass tiles. There shouldnt be grass tiles underneath it.
Ok. Then, may I PLEASE have a BW tileset with ALL of the CORRECT land and the CORECT buildings?
__________________
Let somebody else try first.
twitterpairgithub
Reply With Quote
  #881    
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Luka S.J.'s Avatar
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant

You against the champion. Who will be the winner? I know I will, or was. As usual, click the image to see the video. I should warn you, it's 10 minutes long.
__________________
[STOPPED][DEMO] Pokemon Blue Chrome
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Reply With Quote
  #882    
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:00 PM
thepsynergist's Avatar
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California, USA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Great job, Luka. That battle system wipes the floor with about 99% of the games on this forum.
__________________



My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Reply With Quote
  #883    
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Pharetra's Avatar
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Male


I've updated the battle system of Deep Balance once more graphics-wise, as you can see.
The battlebases and the messagebox are new and 100% custom
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #884    
Old July 29th, 2011, 05:56 AM
ProdigyX's Avatar
ProdigyX
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Amazing luka O.O looks great with the 3d effect
Reply With Quote
  #885    
Old August 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Rai Rai's Avatar
Rai Rai
Master of everything!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Just a starter kit I'm doing as a side project.
Reply With Quote
  #886    
Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
DaSpirit's Avatar
DaSpirit
Mad Programmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Rai View Post
Just a starter kit I'm doing as a side project.
Wow, does the bottom screen animate? Are you sure this isn't a screenshot of Pokemon Pearl?
Reply With Quote
  #887    
Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSpirit View Post
Wow, does the bottom screen animate? Are you sure this isn't a screenshot of Pokemon Pearl?
Look at above the below screen, you will see this thing.
Also, good job Rai Rai ;D
__________________

omega.
No information yet.
Reply With Quote
  #888    
Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
ProdigyX's Avatar
ProdigyX
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Yes.. the bottom screen does animate, Rai rai showed me :D

And no.. he scripted it from scratch as development of his starter kit
Reply With Quote
  #889    
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
thepsynergist's Avatar
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California, USA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Heh, is it cool for everyone to make starter kits now? Just curious...Feels like its almost a fad.
__________________



My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Reply With Quote
  #890    
Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet


Latest screenshot from ammo friends, a game I've been working on recently.

Note: This level may not be in the final release.
__________________
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
Reply With Quote
  #891    
Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:28 PM
aquakip's Avatar
aquakip
You jealous, betch
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: United States
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
I'm in love with Ammo friends. :3 I follow your progress on dA right now, and it's looking amazing. I really like the fog effects you use in the game. It really sets the mood and gives it that feel that it needs.

This new screenshot looks excellent. It's of the level selection screen, right? Where you see all the levels you have beaten and have yet to beat?
__________________


Co-Founder & Artist of




Reply With Quote
  #892    
Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:36 AM
Rai Rai's Avatar
Rai Rai
Master of everything!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Thanks guys, yes it does animate plus loop back to the intro once the song has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
Heh, is it cool for everyone to make starter kits now? Just curious...Feels like its almost a fad.
It's a personal thing lol, I'm just doing this to help my game be better .
Reply With Quote
  #893    
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
herojelly's Avatar
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Just posting some screenies from my new game while waiting for the thread to be approved in the showcase.
Spoiler:


Reply With Quote
  #894    
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakip View Post
I'm in love with Ammo friends. :3 I follow your progress on dA right now, and it's looking amazing. I really like the fog effects you use in the game. It really sets the mood and gives it that feel that it needs.

This new screenshot looks excellent. It's of the level selection screen, right? Where you see all the levels you have beaten and have yet to beat?
Thanks! I appreciate that.

Yes, that is the level selection screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
Just posting some screenies from my new game while waiting for the thread to be approved in the showcase.
Spoiler:


Those look interesting, however you might want to stick to one style of tiles.
__________________
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
Reply With Quote
  #895    
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
herojelly's Avatar
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post

Those look interesting, however you might want to stick to one style of tiles.
Thanks a lot. I just need to find some more tiles as I suck at making them :P

I saw your level selection screen too, that looks boss.
Reply With Quote
  #896    
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:53 AM
KingCharizard's Avatar
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSpirit View Post
Wow, does the bottom screen animate? Are you sure this isn't a screenshot of Pokemon Pearl?
yes it does, I already have seen it
__________________
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
Reply With Quote
  #897    
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM
tImE's Avatar
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia...
Age: 19
Nature: Relaxed


Just a Lodge near a town called Lucent Springs, in my game Pokemon Cyan.

Credits to Kymotonian, and Nintendo, aswell as myself.
ALL TILES ARE PRIVATE. NOT FOR PUBLIC USE.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #898    
Old August 9th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Himalama's Avatar
Himalama
Ghost and Psychic type addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Himalama


My newest town, called Funera Town.
__________________
visit my deviantart!
I need someone to help me with my own project, Pokémon Nocturne! Interested? PM!
Reply With Quote
  #899    
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:00 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalama View Post


My newest town, called Funera Town.
Looks good, can't wait to see more from you
__________________

omega.
No information yet.
Reply With Quote
  #900    
Old August 10th, 2011, 04:01 AM
jim42's Avatar
jim42
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by tImE View Post


Just a Lodge near a town called Lucent Springs, in my game Pokemon Cyan.

Credits to Kymotonian, and Nintendo, aswell as myself.
ALL TILES ARE PRIVATE. NOT FOR PUBLIC USE.
I would suggest a lighter outline for that white fence you have, and a darker one for your lodge. Your trees look excellent, as do the cliff edges.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.