Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon Amethyst
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: What name is better?
Pokémon Dark Grey 13 29.55%
Pokémon Amethyst 21 47.73%
Pokémon Power of Pasta 10 22.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old July 29th, 2011 (09:57 AM).
01 01 is offline
01
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Adding a poll. Would you like to see some--but not many--fakemon in this hack? These fakemon would be things like legendaries and such, and will not be used by Trainers. They will be obtained through events and puzzles and stuff. They will also not be in the regional dex. I basically want to make it so that it's like undiscovered Pokemon, just to add a little bit of mystery. Oh, and the fakemon will be good looking fakemon with good designs, not fakemon like Quartz *eyes point towards Babos*.
Well, if they look good, I'm all for it! I'd just like to say I really like the new tiles you brought to the game and the Mewtwo scene is just pure awesome. I will definitely be playing this when a beta is out.
  #77    
Old July 29th, 2011 (10:08 AM).
Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 3,444
Any hints on these fakemon ideas before the poll finishes, so we can tell if some are good ideas or not, or is this in general.

Either way, as long as they fit in, that'll be great. The tiles look superb by the way, and so I'm sure that the fakemon will look the part if they are added.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...


Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

  #78    
Old July 30th, 2011 (09:47 AM). Edited July 30th, 2011 by SharpAceX.
SharpAceX's Avatar
SharpAceX SharpAceX is offline
Pokémon: SacredFire creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Queens
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 16
I love the tiles in this hack. They really compliment each others.

Coming August 2011...
  #79    
Old July 30th, 2011 (01:38 PM).
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
what
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,055
Funny how most of the time when I update it's the last post on the page :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 View Post
Well, if they look good, I'm all for it! I'd just like to say I really like the new tiles you brought to the game and the Mewtwo scene is just pure awesome. I will definitely be playing this when a beta is out.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
Any hints on these fakemon ideas before the poll finishes, so we can tell if some are good ideas or not, or is this in general.

Either way, as long as they fit in, that'll be great. The tiles look superb by the way, and so I'm sure that the fakemon will look the part if they are added.
Nope, I want it to be a surprise
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpAceX View Post
I love the tiles in this hack. They really compliment each others.
Thanks.


Update.
Haven't done much in terms of scripting lately, so I'll just leave this here:

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #80    
Old July 30th, 2011 (01:46 PM).
tehGDS's Avatar
tehGDS tehGDS is offline
Grape Soda wut?
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: closet :(
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Posts: 152
The tree doesn't match the style of the other tiles or the OW's, change the colorscheme a bit, and make some overlap the bridge, that's all the crit, so good luck, everything looks good so far
  #81    
Old August 1st, 2011 (03:30 PM).
Snakebyte's Avatar
Snakebyte Snakebyte is offline
About time, I'd say...
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 290
Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
I'm in favor of fakemon if they look good, always have been.
  #82    
Old August 1st, 2011 (03:38 PM).
~Kian~'s Avatar
~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
Spriter In The Making
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ENGLAND ^.^
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 701
Everything looks really professional and tidy, the sprites, story and all of it looks great..
I'm going to vote for Fakemon as long as they are as professional as the hack looks so far..
I have seen your fakemon and they look good.
Hope you finish this hack, i will be keeping an eye on it, maybe play the beta \^.^/

~Thank-you

~Kian

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,
Please visit his Fusion thread.
  #83    
Old August 1st, 2011 (03:39 PM).
Britani Knight's Avatar
Britani Knight Britani Knight is offline
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 604
imo fakemon ruins the game.

  #84    
Old August 1st, 2011 (03:53 PM).
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
what
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
imo fakemon ruins the game.
Like I said, they aren't compulsory. The only way you'll ever see them is if you actually go out and try to get them. Otherwise, just ignore them. No Trainers will use them and they won't be around for a while anyway. If I don't put them in then all the people who want them lose out, but either way the people who don't want them don't lose out at all. However, if more people turn out to be in favour of not having them, they won't be inserted.
Personally, I'd rather have them because it gives the player more to do, even if they don't plan on using them.
Also, I'm thinking of making it so that you choose the name for some of the Fakemon, kinda like you're the first person to discover it.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #85    
Old August 1st, 2011 (04:03 PM).
The Grubby Pup's Avatar
The Grubby Pup The Grubby Pup is offline
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lettin' da madness & da music get 2 me!
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 375
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
From what I looked at in the screenies...it looks mighty fine to me.

Uh, I really like the character design you made for the main trainer.
  #86    
Old August 1st, 2011 (06:45 PM).
Quickster's Avatar
Quickster Quickster is offline
Dream or Drop?
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Thanks

Update.
...Kinda. Just a few things I changed, such as the mountains and one of the font colours. I also slightly remapped the first route (had to, different tree style from before lol).

Also...I am not going to reveal the starters. At all. You'll have to wait for the first beta to find out what they are
However,like I said, they are indeed actual starters from an official game.

I really like the looks of this game. I cant believe I havent posted here before. I love the way the trees look, well the tiles in general. The overworlds also blend very nicely with the enviroment. I think I know the starters too. With that hint you gave? I also think you shouold add those fakemon, as long as they look good!
I laugh looking at this.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

  #87    
Old August 7th, 2011 (03:18 PM).
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
what
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehGDS View Post
The tree doesn't match the style of the other tiles or the OW's, change the colorscheme a bit, and make some overlap the bridge, that's all the crit, so good luck, everything looks good so far
Thanks.
Scroll down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
I'm in favor of fakemon if they look good, always have been.
Me too :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kian~ View Post
Everything looks really professional and tidy, the sprites, story and all of it looks great..
I'm going to vote for Fakemon as long as they are as professional as the hack looks so far..
I have seen your fakemon and they look good.
Hope you finish this hack, i will be keeping an eye on it, maybe play the beta \^.^/

~Thank-you

~Kian
Thanks :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grubby Pup View Post
From what I looked at in the screenies...it looks mighty fine to me.

Uh, I really like the character design you made for the main trainer.
Thanks :D
I never designed the main character though lol, I saw a public sprite on WAH, and said to myself "hey, if I recolour that as grey, it'll be perfect!" I now realise the sprite is not actually perfect though so that'll be redone but the design won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
I really like the looks of this game. I cant believe I havent posted here before. I love the way the trees look, well the tiles in general. The overworlds also blend very nicely with the enviroment. I think I know the starters too. With that hint you gave? I also think you shouold add those fakemon, as long as they look good!
Thanks :D
And there may have been a hint...somewhere

Update.

This update would've been longer had a certain script not decided to f up. For those who are too lazy to shift there eyes up a little bit, I inserted new cave tiles, fixed the Gym up a little and replaced Volt Tackle with Wild Charge.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #88    
Old August 7th, 2011 (03:28 PM).
tehGDS's Avatar
tehGDS tehGDS is offline
Grape Soda wut?
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: closet :(
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Posts: 152
Lol Volt tackle became wild charge, um the rogenrola needs work, and sort of add more road tiles near the tree, and make it look like the's a shadow under the bridge by making the transition smooth, I couldn't tell what the shadow was, nor the OW's until I looked again, so only fix this and the starly also needs to have a change, it doesn't look like a Starly anymore, it's too small, well I applaud you for trying to make it look real.. well that's it

Other than this, here's things I like the Main OW, the tree, the sync of tiles of bridge and tree, and the bug catcher OW
  #89    
Old August 7th, 2011 (03:30 PM).
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
what
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehGDS View Post
Lol Volt tackle became wild charge, um the rogenrola needs work, and sort of add more road tiles near the tree, and make it look like the's a shadow under the bridge by making the transition smooth, I couldn't tell what the shadow was, nor the OW's until I looked again, so only fix this and well good luck
What road it's a Gym. Lol.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #90    
Old August 10th, 2011 (01:22 AM).
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji DrFuji is offline
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Downia-upside
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Update.

This update would've been longer had a certain script not decided to f up. For those who are too lazy to shift there eyes up a little bit, I inserted new cave tiles, fixed the Gym up a little and replaced Volt Tackle with Wild Charge.
Is that a Roggenrola in the first screenshot? If so, then lol.

Anyway, the cave and gym tiles are looking very nice, but I think Starly's sprite is too small - I mean, it looks seriously tiny. Good work and all that jazz :P
  #91    
Old August 11th, 2011 (12:04 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Is that a Roggenrola in the first screenshot? If so, then lol.
It looks to me like it's just remaded Duskull's OW =)
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #92    
Old August 11th, 2011 (01:15 AM).
CrimsonChronoX CrimsonChronoX is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
This looks awesome so far. If you add fakemons, i would suggest you making good ones. Fakemons for me, makes the game more interesting. Gives you more pokemon to catch, and is always a better change to have different pokemon to use then the regular ones.
  #93    
Old August 11th, 2011 (01:24 AM).
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
what
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

It looks to me like it's just remaded Duskull's OW =)
Nope, completely scratch, there isn't a Duskull overworld overworld in Ruby.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #94    
Old August 16th, 2011 (03:08 PM).
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,282
I'm just curious, but why am I in the credits?
  #95    
Old August 16th, 2011 (10:52 PM).
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,578
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight

Familiarity anyone? XD
Feel free to keep it as it is, though. It's not like it has copyrights reserved or something.
  #96    
Old August 17th, 2011 (12:31 AM).
Omega Zero's Avatar
Omega Zero Omega Zero is offline
Is back...
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I'm always living aren't I?
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 445
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
good tiles and such and your scripts are great!
btw *off topic*
what if more people vote against you smell? :D
  #97    
Old August 17th, 2011 (01:05 AM).
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
what
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Is that a Roggenrola in the first screenshot? If so, then lol.

Anyway, the cave and gym tiles are looking very nice, but I think Starly's sprite is too small - I mean, it looks seriously tiny. Good work and all that jazz
Ya Roggy.
Thanks. But tiny birds must be tiny to be tiny.
Thankz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonChronoX View Post
This looks awesome so far. If you add fakemons, i would suggest you making good ones. Fakemons for me, makes the game more interesting. Gives you more pokemon to catch, and is always a better change to have different pokemon to use then the regular ones.
Thankz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
I'm just curious, but why am I in the credits?
Idk I think it was a few sprites I used for your resizing project. Idk if I'm still using them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post

Familiarity anyone? XD
Feel free to keep it as it is, though. It's not like it has copyrights reserved or something.
Lol, I only noticed that a while after making my Gym xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
good tiles and such and your scripts are great!
btw *off topic*
what if more people vote against you smell? :D
Thankz.
Then I need a bath


Horrific Update.

My Mum deleted all of the Pokemon stuff from my desktop and pictures folder. Guess what? DarkGrey's folder(along with my other hack's folder) was on my desktop.
So yes, my hack has been deleted. Don't worry though, because I still have a patch of my ROM somewhere. However, I'm not sure how much there is. I don't think I really did much other than insert a few overworlds (which weren't too hard to make tbh), insert a few sprites and insert a few tiles (OK, now that will take a while to fix). So yeah, hack delayed for a while I guess. :\

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
  #98    
Old August 17th, 2011 (01:09 AM).
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,578
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Horrific Update.

My Mum deleted all of the Pokemon stuff from my desktop and pictures folder. Guess what? DarkGrey's folder(along with my other hack's folder) was on my desktop.
So yes, my hack has been deleted. Don't worry though, because I still have a patch of my ROM somewhere. However, I'm not sure how much there is. I don't think I really did much other than insert a few overworlds (which weren't too hard to make tbh), insert a few sprites and insert a few tiles (OK, now that will take a while to fix). So yeah, hack delayed for a while I guess. :\
...How frustrating is that. :\
  #99    
Old August 17th, 2011 (02:21 AM).
Omega Zero's Avatar
Omega Zero Omega Zero is offline
Is back...
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I'm always living aren't I?
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 445
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Would you not have all your things in the recycle bin? or did she delete that too?
if so that must've sucked my parents never delete my stuff "probs cause i have my own pc" or i rant about it for months and they get sick of it, hope you get everything back to how it was.
  #100    
Old August 17th, 2011 (03:53 AM).
Crimson5M's Avatar
Crimson5M Crimson5M is offline
what
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
Would you not have all your things in the recycle bin? or did she delete that too?
if so that must've sucked my parents never delete my stuff "probs cause i have my own pc" or i rant about it for months and they get sick of it, hope you get everything back to how it was.
Yup, recycling bin too.
And it was my own.
You're 400th post was in my thread...That is so cool.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:34 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.