The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2011 (11:58 PM).
Tetsu
Eevee

Nature: Brave
Alternatively is there someplace I can D/L the individual programs that have already have had this done?

I'm willing to do the work myself but I'd need someone to hold my hand and walk me through it as I have no programming skill.

I'm not sure how to search this thread to see if it's already been answered as I don't know what keywords to use and I'm sure 'Emerald' and 'Elitemap' have already been said 1000's of times.

Sorry if it has been answered. It's just frustrating knowing that I have a neato hack idea that would take only a few hours of modification to make and having the only ROM it could possibly work with not supported by the programs.

All Pokemon, All the time, and as always, Anonymous.
Old August 10th, 2011 (03:57 AM).
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

I'm trying to insert a tile going by a tutorial I found ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377 ) about inserting tilesets. The main problem I am having is setting the transparent colour. At the start it says: "Set your transparent color before anything. From experience, a palette chooses your transparent color based on the first color to actually be set in the image." I have tried this time and time again on paint and on photoshop and it simply does not work. The transparent colour always ends up being black on the color pallet viewer.

Now I searched the thread and one person pointed out that you can open the color pallet in photoshop and switch the colours around to set your transparent colour. But when I try it it's impossible to switch the colours around and changing them changes the colours in the actual image itself.

Not that any of that matters because when I save the pallet as a .pal file (advance map rejects .act files for some reason) and then view the pallet in there the transparent colour seems to be a completely random colour on the pallet. Not black and not the colour that I've chosen for the transparent colour.

I've been trying to find a solution for this for the past two hours and I'm at my wit's end, can anybody help?
* A working PvP battle system using stats and levels. * Activities and NPCs. * Journeys and catching wild pokemon. * Gym badge collection. * Alignments and classes. * Teams good and bad. * Much more...
Old August 10th, 2011 (05:11 AM).
refep
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
How do you add your own tile set in advance map
Old August 10th, 2011 (05:41 AM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechlgz View Post
I'm trying to insert a tile going by a tutorial I found ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377 ) about inserting tilesets. The main problem I am having is setting the transparent colour. At the start it says: "Set your transparent color before anything. From experience, a palette chooses your transparent color based on the first color to actually be set in the image." I have tried this time and time again on paint and on photoshop and it simply does not work. The transparent colour always ends up being black on the color pallet viewer.

Now I searched the thread and one person pointed out that you can open the color pallet in photoshop and switch the colours around to set your transparent colour. But when I try it it's impossible to switch the colours around and changing them changes the colours in the actual image itself.

Not that any of that matters because when I save the pallet as a .pal file (advance map rejects .act files for some reason) and then view the pallet in there the transparent colour seems to be a completely random colour on the pallet. Not black and not the colour that I've chosen for the transparent colour.

I've been trying to find a solution for this for the past two hours and I'm at my wit's end, can anybody help?
Use Irfanview and switch the two palettes there. Then save it as a new image, and copy and paste the old original again to the new one for the colours to be normal again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by refep View Post
How do you add your own tile set in advance map
I think you can only replace a tileset and insert new tiles into an existing, but I may be wrong.
Old August 10th, 2011 (05:44 AM).
refep
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post

I think you can only replace a tileset and insert new tiles into an existing, but I may be wrong.
then can you tell me how to replace one?!!!
Old August 10th, 2011 (06:40 AM).
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post

0x005CBB47 It's around that offset. Look there.

Thank you very much!

...Apparently that along is "too short of a message" to post.
Old August 10th, 2011 (06:44 AM).
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Me again...I've tried googling this in many ways, but how do I edit an in-trade in FR? I've seen rom hacks that have the in-game trades. The tutorial built in to XSE says there are programs to do this, but I havent found any for the GBA. Where can I find a program like this, or how do i write a code for this? Thanks for the help
Old August 10th, 2011 (06:57 AM).
link12552
just tired, that's all

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by link12552 View Post
If it's that important to you and if your using Firered Leafgreen or Emerald VM me and I'll write a quick plugin for ya (at least for the Pokemon sprites)
Okay I've finished. Attached is the Pokemon plug-in with a nifty "Export All" button just begging to be clicked.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PokemonPluginNew.zip‎ (10.1 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 10th, 2011 (07:07 AM). Edited August 10th, 2011 by Quickster.
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by refep View Post
then can you tell me how to replace one?!!!
Someones getting a little pushy. Try looking at the block editor in the newest A-Map. You can create new tilesets. And to replace one just export it and put your own tiles. Tutorials, try looking sometime.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186982
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=209974
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91975
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218152

All on the first two pages.

Heres A-Map. Youd have to scroll down to see it so why not make your life easy.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246451

@redriders180
Ill edit this post with a link to a trade editor.

EDIT: Here you go.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=198705
Trader Advanced.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old August 10th, 2011 (07:16 AM).
CrazyShooter
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys.

How exactly do I edit the pokedex? As in which number each pokemon displays in the regional pokedex, and also the number of pokemon in the regional pokedex.

Please don't say dexter because I can't find it. And if it comes with Elite Map (which I can't find a download of together with dexter), it shows up as a virus. Also I used to have a version of EliteMap with dexter as an .exe itself but Dexter.exe showed up as a virus too -.-'

Thanks everyone.

P.S. I'm not even sure if that's what dexter does, I just assumed. Anyway, I can't use dexter...

BLASPHEMY!
Old August 10th, 2011 (07:30 AM).
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShooter View Post
Hey guys.

How exactly do I edit the pokedex? As in which number each pokemon displays in the regional pokedex, and also the number of pokemon in the regional pokedex.

Please don't say dexter because I can't find it. And if it comes with Elite Map (which I can't find a download of together with dexter), it shows up as a virus. Also I used to have a version of EliteMap with dexter as an .exe itself but Dexter.exe showed up as a virus too -.-'

Thanks everyone.

P.S. I'm not even sure if that's what dexter does, I just assumed. Anyway, I can't use dexter...

Try the Pokedex Order Editor lower on this page.
http://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/tools-gba
I think that will help. Oh, the tool is in english, dont worry.

EDIT: Here it is on the forums.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132618

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old August 10th, 2011 (08:48 AM).
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post

Pokemon Game Editor has a built in Pokedex Order Editor and an included Pokedex editor that I made which is better then dexter. PM me for a link if you can't find it.
Old August 10th, 2011 (11:27 AM).
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote:

Quote:

Use Irfanview and switch the two palettes there. Then save it as a new image, and copy and paste the old original again to the new one for the colours to be normal again.
I'm sorry but I'm confused, what two pallets do I switch? Because I'm only working with one single pallet and I'm just trying to get the correct colour transparent.

Also, new problem. I continued with the tutorial mentioned before figuring I'd fix the pallet later and I got to the stage where you save your .DIB file tile set after inserting the tiles. I have followed the tutorial word-for-word, even scrapping it and starting again from scratch just to be sure I was following it all correctly. When I go to load my newly saved tileset on advancemap, I get the error "DIB is invalid". I can't understand what is wrong because I've done everything exactly as the tutorial says to do.
* A working PvP battle system using stats and levels. * Activities and NPCs. * Journeys and catching wild pokemon. * Gym badge collection. * Alignments and classes. * Teams good and bad. * Much more...
Old August 10th, 2011 (12:47 PM).
CrazyShooter
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post

Hey thanks but I need to edit the regional pokedex not the national one D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post

Pokemon Game Editor has a built in Pokedex Order Editor and an included Pokedex editor that I made which is better then dexter. PM me for a link if you can't find it.
Ok I'll look for that

BLASPHEMY!
Old August 10th, 2011 (01:24 PM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm sorry but I'm confused, what two pallets do I switch? Because I'm only working with one single pallet and I'm just trying to get the correct colour transparent.
You switch the first colour of the palette with the transparent colour that is somewhere else on the palette. If the transparent colour is already first, then just leave it alone.
Old August 10th, 2011 (01:31 PM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Excuse me, I was about to post my hack thread on the progressing hacks thread and I was checking my hack (a hack of firered) so far so I can warn people about some bugs, and theres one that really is troubleing me, when I was texting my hack via advance text and the oaks parcel text at the pokemart was not on advance text so I couldn't edit it, is there anyway I can edit oaks parcel text without advance text?

Poketch

Old August 10th, 2011 (01:38 PM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Edit the item's description. DavidJCobb's tutorial on item creation briefly covers this. It's very easy. :]
Old August 10th, 2011 (01:40 PM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Edit the item's description. DavidJCobb's tutorial on item creation briefly covers this. It's very easy. :]
I know how to edit the items descrption it's the guy that gives you the parcel to hand the proffesor is the problem, it's simply not in advance text and I don't know any other way to edit it without causeing it to screw up

Poketch

Old August 10th, 2011 (01:50 PM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Edit the script. It's a level script, though.
Old August 10th, 2011 (01:53 PM).
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
You switch the first colour of the palette with the transparent colour that is somewhere else on the palette. If the transparent colour is already first, then just leave it alone.
Well I just stuck with using the black since it always comes first anyway. So that's first in all color pallet viewers (photoshop, infanview, etc).

My main problem is the fact that the first colour in the pallet doesn't stay the first colour in the pallet when I upload it onto advancemap. It moves to some random location in the pallet and instead some random other colour becomes the transparent colour.
Old August 10th, 2011 (02:28 PM).
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Well I just stuck with using the black since it always comes first anyway. So that's first in all color pallet viewers (photoshop, infanview, etc).
If you need to specifically control which colors are assigned to which slots in a palette, you can use GIMP. You'd create the palette in GIMP, paste in your image, and convert it to indexed colors with that palette. You can find some instructions on that here.
Old August 10th, 2011 (02:51 PM).
Beechlgz
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJCobb View Post
If you need to specifically control which colors are assigned to which slots in a palette, you can use GIMP. You'd create the palette in GIMP, paste in your image, and convert it to indexed colors with that palette. You can find some instructions on that here.
It's okay it worked in Infanview, I get it just the way I want it on Infanview but the problem is as I said already the order of the colours in the pallet gets all muddled up as soon as I import it onto advancemap. That's my main problem.
Old August 10th, 2011 (02:58 PM).
DavidJCobb

Quote:
It's okay it worked in Infanview, I get it just the way I want it on Infanview but the problem is as I said already the order of the colours in the pallet gets all muddled up as soon as I import it onto advancemap. That's my main problem.
When you import the image, or when you import the palette?

If all else fails, you can manually recreate the palette in AdvanceMap's Block Editor, to ensure that each color is assigned to the proper slot. Slightly time-consuming, but failure-proof in my experience.
Old August 10th, 2011 (03:39 PM).
superblah411
Osnap

Nature: Adamant
Hi, I had a quick question about a problem that occurred while using Advance Map.

I am currently working on a hack of Fire Red, and I wanted to make a simple adjustment to Digglet's Cave. I changed the map's layouy slightly by adding another path to walk through. Just changing 1's to C's and arranging the tiles to look proper.

I had completed my edit, but afterwards Digglet's Cave and Viridian Forest became inaccessible. Upon entry the screen would turn black and freeze.

I've edited many of the other maps in the game already, completely overhauling some of them, and no errors like this had occurred, any idea why this happened or mistake I may have made?
Old August 10th, 2011 (08:13 PM).
DavidJCobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblah411 View Post
Hi, I had a quick question about a problem that occurred while using Advance Map.

I am currently working on a hack of Fire Red, and I wanted to make a simple adjustment to Digglet's Cave. I changed the map's layouy slightly by adding another path to walk through. Just changing 1's to C's and arranging the tiles to look proper.

I had completed my edit, but afterwards Digglet's Cave and Viridian Forest became inaccessible. Upon entry the screen would turn black and freeze.

I've edited many of the other maps in the game already, completely overhauling some of them, and no errors like this had occurred, any idea why this happened or mistake I may have made?
What specifically did you change, and which version of AMap were you using?

Off the top of my head I would guess that it's some sort of data corruption involving the attributes in the maps' headers. That, or some bizarre oddity involving level scripts or warps.

Sponsored Links