The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?
Touch screen! 701 71.90%
Side screen! (like the Carbon one for the position) 244 25.03%
Other! (please explain in the topic) 30 3.08%
Voters: 975. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2011 (03:35 PM).
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by grotle_grovyle View Post
Wow, this is by far the most beautiful hack I've ever seen. Love the mapping, storyline, spriting...think I'll go nuts when the beta comes out. Keep it up!!!
It does have very lovely graphics but it's not a hack.
Old July 18th, 2011 (12:20 PM).
prof.maple
PkmIrn

Nature: Serious
how do i support? i really want to. it's lookin awesome, btw.
Old July 19th, 2011 (06:17 AM). Edited July 19th, 2011 by mercurysky.
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Help-14 has left its position as a scripter, and we need a talented person to replace him.

Our main problems are:

-pokémon menus
-bag menus
-battle system
-mini-games (fishing/archaeology)

We can provide all the graphic aid you may need.

This request is the most serious thing i've done since the beginning of Garnet. It's my personal deepest interest to find a scripter, as it signifies finishing Garnet or less.

And please, i'm asking responsible people with a medium-high/high knowledge of ruby scripting and pokémon essentials.

I can't grant anything in echange for that, except for my eternal gratitude and the "fame" your presence may bring.

Obviously, more than one person may be even better.

Please contact me via note or email. I'll talk with you and then decide.

I may contact two or three person by myself, but i'd prefer to receive your request, rather than asking myself.

Thank you.

DA Profile

Old August 3rd, 2011 (02:37 AM).
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope

Nature: Calm
Three things. First, I am absolutely stunned with the potential for awesome that Garnet has. Stunning work, good sir!
Second, I am still dubious as to the wealth and value of new types, let alone "Light, Sound, and s-theotherone". It kind of makes me want to sneer and turn away, but other than that, I love it.
Third, I share a birthday with Garnet. Or, rather, I share a birthday with this thread. October 8th. Good stuff.
Old August 11th, 2011 (06:26 AM).
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
LOVE this game! Can't wait for it to be released. I like the grass starter a lot.:D
Old August 11th, 2011 (09:05 PM).
grooveturtle
Turtle Tamer

Nature: Impish
Amazing sprite work, and from what I've seen in JUST the first post, it makes me wanna burn down Unova and replace it.
Quick Question:
Is it based off of a real life place? (All of the region's are different sectors of Japan, except for Unova, which is a screwed-up New York.)
Old August 12th, 2011 (05:30 AM).
heartofdestany
aspiring mapper

Nature: Lonely
Pokemon Garnet the true fifth generation. I'm going to play this instead of black and white.
Nintendo has enough of my money what with me owning 80 percent of all the pokemon games.
This game is with out a doubt 9000 times better than black and white. Great job! Garnet staff.
This game gives me that feeling I felt when I played Red and blue in 1998 for the first time.
Absolute joy.
Old August 12th, 2011 (02:47 PM). Edited August 13th, 2011 by LanceReaper.
LanceReaper
Beginning Trainer

Stumbled across this game earlier today. And knew I had to make an account in order to be apart of this.

This game looks very impressive, and the starters look like they have some potential.
Old August 17th, 2011 (06:19 AM).
Rakki-neko
Zakki Orichalcum

Nature: Impish
This looks incredible. I would have to agree Heart on this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofdestany
Pokemon Garnet [a] true fifth generation...This game gives me that feeling I felt when I played Red and blue in 1998 for the first time.
It looks fantastic.
I have three points, however; 1. would any of you have a problem with a playthrough of this game on my youtube channel when it finally is ready, when ever you release it? I would link it back here so you can hear the commentary and see if there are any bugs.
2. You can see the three starters on the first post. Is there any way to see the rest of the pokemon Dex that will be added here?
3. Is there anything we/I can do to help?
Old August 21st, 2011 (10:29 AM).
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
Three things. First, I am absolutely stunned with the potential for awesome that Garnet has. Stunning work, good sir!
Second, I am still dubious as to the wealth and value of new types, let alone "Light, Sound, and s-theotherone". It kind of makes me want to sneer and turn away, but other than that, I love it.
Third, I share a birthday with Garnet. Or, rather, I share a birthday with this thread. October 8th. Good stuff.
My birthday is also October the 8th :D
Old August 24th, 2011 (08:26 AM).
GAOlivier
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Garnet
I love the world map. It's great!
The fakemon's showcased in the screenies are really good of concept, and sprite work.
I cannot wait to see more of this project.

Old September 6th, 2011 (12:45 PM).
KurtCobain

I love this game! I can't wait for it's completion!!!
Old September 10th, 2011 (10:16 AM).
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
i want a demo. this game looks too good to be allowed to be killed off like other games ive seen.
Old September 13th, 2011 (03:00 PM).
Olliee
Spreading the Pokerus. PM me

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Olliee
I've been following this for a year or so now, I thought it was lovely before.. but now it is just plain gorgeous.
Old September 13th, 2011 (08:05 PM).
phantom berzerker
INQUISITOR used TAUNT!

Nature: Adamant
This game is friggin' EPIC!!! Buuuuut... there's still a few things to be said.
1. You have not said anything about the battle frontier If you have no ideas for battle facilities at the moment, I would be happy to suggest a few.
2. The fakemon that you released 20 pages or so back are all too buff. They're all in the same general shape. Add a bit of variety.
3. You seem to be lacking a legendary trio. If not, then my mistake. But if so, may I suggest using serpents?
4. MORE SKIN!!!111!!!!1!!! Looks aren't everything, and I am not seeing any beef in the storyline. Plus, there has been no mention of an antagonist team or elite 4/champion. At least show a few overworld evil team sprites.
5. (Just a suggestion) Try something that no epic fangame has never done before: make new castform forms. Or even make it an eevee type of evolution chain with weather based dragons.

This is my constructive criticism. I think that garnet is a work of art. I am eager for the demo. These are a few things that I think should be worked on. I am freely willing to suggest fakemon at any time.
-PB

Old September 18th, 2011 (01:48 PM).
nabby-dude
Ye Olde Pokemon Forumer

Nature: Lonely
rrrrrgghhh...
*willing for more Garnet*
Concentrate...

<3 it, keep up the great work!

Old October 3rd, 2011 (09:51 AM).
harritor
Beginning Trainer

ungh, plz keep this alive! it looks *insert superlative of any positive word*! but how is this to be played? as i understood its not a hack, so... how to play it (i guess theres some piece of software?). i hope u found ur scripter. someone has to do it!
Old October 4th, 2011 (06:02 AM).
Quaresma.pl
Togepi

The game is in the progres, in couple days we will able to see full fake dex. So Be patient. The game will be probably in beggining of 2012

Old October 11th, 2011 (02:42 PM).
Raitenau
Story Writter

Nature: Gentle
Oh my goodness! The tiles look wonderful. Congrats. I hope to see more about this project. I got interested in this project more than B/W
Old October 11th, 2011 (11:44 PM).
James in Flames
Cooooool!

I've been a forums-goer to PC for a while, but I signed up solely to say that this game is inspiring...the graphics are seriously mindblowing. If you ever need someone to help with the grammatical side of things or bug testing, I'd be more than happy to do so (I'd offer to help with the other things, but I'm pretty sure all you need is a scripter, and my talents lie more in the storyboard planning/music composition/art department).

Either way, it looks stellar. Take your time; it'll be well worth everyone's wait.
Old October 12th, 2011 (05:16 AM). Edited October 13th, 2011 by Isom.
Isom
Kari Byron is still my lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harritor;
ungh, plz keep this alive! it looks *insert superlative of any positive word*! but how is this to be played? as i understood its not a hack, so... how to play it (i guess theres some piece of software?). i hope u found ur scripter. someone has to do it!
Just download and run the .exe.

While I'm here I might as well say bravo on such a great looking project. I really hope this isn't abandoned and that I can play this in it's entirety soon. It's hard to find a quality game these days and it's because the creators lose interest, I know from personal experience. So I recommend taking your time and making this at your own pace.

"You know that's right."
Old October 13th, 2011 (07:42 AM).
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isom View Post
You'll need to get RMXP to play this.

While I'm here I might as well say bravo on such a great looking project. I really hope this isn't abandoned and that I can play this in it's entirety soon. It's hard to find a quality game these days and it's because the creators lose interest, I know from personal experience. So I recommend taking your time and making this at your own pace.
You don't need RMXP at all to play this, it just runs off the .exe.
Old October 13th, 2011 (05:36 PM).
ThisOrTheApocalypse
Bananas

Wow, this looks really great. Can't wait for the first release!
Old October 17th, 2011 (10:53 AM).
GarlandDaHero
Cute Noivern is Cute.

Nature: Quirky
it's a pity the beta's not coming 'till next year. i really like the fakemon. the least you could've done was give us, like, a demo 0.1. 'tis a shame.

Do the Harlem Snake!
Old October 21st, 2011 (01:02 PM).
James in Flames
Cooooool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doihaveto? View Post
it's a pity the beta's not coming 'till next year. i really like the fakemon. the least you could've done was give us, like, a demo 0.1. 'tis a shame.
The least he could've done was not do anything with the project. They're doing fine, don't try and guilt them into it. xD
Level 42 Chandelure (F)
Level 39 Haunter (M)
Level 44 Froslass (F)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links