The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
vs1958
Beginning Trainer

Been looking forward to this. Can't wait to play it! (only know english and french)
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Alright! After a little over three weeks of hard work, I've completely translated Light Platinum into English, and fixed many of the bugs that I encountered.

This will only work if patched to a Ruby 1.0 ROM.

The patch is too large to upload as an attachment, so I've Sendspaced it.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u6wuqw

If you get a white screen, you are using the wrong rom, or your emulator is not correctly set. Turn VBA off, delete the Light Platinum.sa1 or .sav file, turn VBA back on, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k, turn VBA off again, then turn it back on and load the rom once more. If that doesn't work, you are not using a Ruby 1.0 Rom. When looking for it, googling '0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)' might help. I found one on 4shared.

I will not answer any questions about how to make this work on a phone, on a PSP, or on anything that isn't Visual Boy Advance!

Changes:
- All text has been translated to English.
- All Unova Pokemon have been given their English names.
- Feebas now evolves by Water Stone.
- Many, many scripting bugs have been fixed, but please let me know if any remain.
- Trainers whose Pokémon used strange attacks should be fixed.
- Some place names have been changed to better fit English. Very slightly, in most cases. I don't remember all of them, but it's things like Winder -> Winter and Dragonbreath -> Drakebreath.
- Also, Shaymin is in the game in Inhore Woods. I didn't add it, but Wesley didn't mention it on his site.
- The following important trainer names have been changed (I may have forgotten some, I wasn't keeping a list):
Sheyla -> Sheila
Katyne -> Kaitlyn
Persie -> Percy
Atlur -> Atlas
Rukia -> Lucia
Kaohri -> Kaori
Perla -> Pearl
Roarka -> Rochelle
Rebeca -> Rebecca
Lumy -> Lucy
Lure -> Luke
Kilua -> Kilroy
Kuchick -> Robin (...Don't even ask. It was a whole thing.)
Wyse -> Weiss
Honeyu -> Honey
Aurane -> Rayne
Byake -> Blake
Shinora -> Cynthia
Blane -> Blair

Bugs:
- Don't enter the Normal Rank Contest.
- You may need to enter and exit the Pokémon Center after Red's Gyarados uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City.
- Some items may respawn.
- Pokedex entries and cries have not been changed.

Thanks to (in no particular order)...
- Wesley FG, who made this hack and deserves far, far more credit than I do.
- Me!
- Spherical Ice
- DrFuji
- colcolstyles
- Quilava's Master
- Smallbirdie
- U_Flame
- Tcoppy
- Ash493
- dblanchette93, for sanity maintenance.
- Darthatron, HackMew, Lu-Ho, and anyone else who made tools I used.
- Anyone else who I've forgotten...

ENJOY! :D

P.S.: Most of Lauren has not been beta-tested. If I need to, I'll release a fixed version, if any gamebreaking errors remain.
P.P.S.: I'd have had this out over an hour ago, but we had a blackout. XD
P.P.P.S.: Yellow Town does not have a healing script. I was going to add one, but forgot. If I need to release a bugfixed update, this will be included.

Last edited by Snakebyte; July 21st, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Well Alright
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naive
WOOTTTTT!!!!!!! This is legit!!
Pokemon AshGray
Light Platinum
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM
CosmosStrike
:D

Nature: Timid
Finally! Thanks for all your hard work Snakebyte!
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Jcb0112
Beginning Trainer

Dude Your the best I thought I'd have to wait forever.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Redshear
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Does it work for emulators on android phones
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Redshear: TRY IT AND SEE. I DON'T OWN A FRIGGIN ANDROID PHONE!!!!

Until Wesley gets back to me, I have no way of getting this on the front page, so there's a link to it in my signature for when this gets buried.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Silent Storm
Achieving Perfection

Nature: Calm
Well isn't this a surprise.

Thank's Snakebyte.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM
leews24
ha

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshear View Post
Does it work for emulators on android phones
it works very well, but may not work on the type of emulator you're using

anyway Sankebyte, THANK YOU for everything, and I did find a small, glitch.
At the beggining, where the doctor indtroduces herself and pokemon, it's partly in spanish. I quickly played up to the point where I read the old engraving, but nothing seems wrong in dialogue yet.

an btw, is the clock's background supposed to be dark? cuz all I see is the green clock, and a black background

anyway, Thanks!!

Last edited by leews24; August 13th, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Redshear
Beginning Trainer

I did try and it says that the rom file type is not supported.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

leews24: What? It sure isn't when I play it. Oh, and yeah, the clock's always been like that.

Redshear: THEN I GUESS YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION DIDN'T YOU.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:38 PM
leews24
ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
leews24: What? It sure isn't when I play it. Oh, and yeah, the clock's always been like that.
It doesnt really matter, theres no problem in gameplay...yet
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Redshear
Beginning Trainer

Well no it strikes me as odd because every other game I get is in .zip format on the title and this one was in .ips. Now I dont know much about roms and their formats but I think the way the game is saved, or patched, may have something to do with it. so is there any way someone knows how to fix this problem or can someone tell me how to change the format because im sure someone else will ask. On a side note I apologize if im annoying you snakebyte but all I want to do is play the game like everybody else.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Seriously, where exactly? I just tested three times, choosing boy and girl, on the ips patch and a clean rom, and encountered no portuguese.

Redshear: REALLY? It's an IPS PATCH, like every other hack on this site. You need to patch it to a rom. Please read the basic help threads in the emulation section and do not spam this thread up with your ignorance any more.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Jcb0112
Beginning Trainer

how do you play it on gpsphone i cant get it to work
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Silent Storm
Achieving Perfection

Playing this on a gpSP, and map in the distortion world seems to have some errors on the left hand side (some tiles are missing). Also when choosing whether I am a boy or girl, the houses in the background turns black though these bugs are probably cause of the emulators.

Nice work so far though.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Redshear
Beginning Trainer

K well I dont get my games off this site I get them from 4shared
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM
leews24
ha

I dont really know portugese, so I'll just tell you whats in english

new game start,
portugese....
"But people often call me PROFESSOR"
portugese again...
''In this world, there are creatures called Pokemon"
up to
"You're..."
and portugese, asking me if I'm a boy or a girl

and then after asking my name again to make sure,
and there's "Sim, Ok!"
and somethin in portugese about neighbors(?)
and english again

hope this helps
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

leews24, I really have no explanation for that at all. The text is simply NOT in the rom. All I can suggest is to delete the .sa1 or .sav file (assuming you're using VBA) and start over. Maybe you played a previous version? Or something? I have no idea, but it should be literally impossible for you to see that text as it hasn't existed in my rom in three weeks... First thing I changed.

EDIT: Maybe try a different Ruby rom...?
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Silent Storm
Achieving Perfection

I also haven't encountered any Portuguese.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Redshear
Beginning Trainer

Ooo I apologize I understand what u r saying now about the ips patch
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Silent Storm: Thanks for the input. With one or two exceptions where it actually affected gameplay, I haven't altered the maps at all, so any tile errors that were in the portuguese version will still be present. And yeah, I'm guessing the fadeout just has to do with how Wesley changed the intro. It's nothing serious. 99% of what I've edited is just text, and .9% of the rest are scripts and flags.
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:57 PM
leews24
ha

this is awkward... I deleted my SAV file, wiped emulator data, tried again, works fine... must've my problem...

sorry for the false alarm guys
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

*wipes sweat off brow*
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Okay, then- I know that everyone's excited about the English release of Light Platinum, but I think I'll leave this here as a reminder to people to please keep their posts wholesome and on-topic. As in, no posts that are just a sentence or two long saying "Oh, sweet, it's finally here. Thanks dude, good work!". That's generic, and spammy, and.. Frankly, I think everyone would agree that this thread has had more than its fair share of spam.
So, to sum up:
Please keep your posts on-topic, and avoid making short generic posts. Thank you.

Is disturbed by the amount of guests viewing this thread that will inevitably join

I'd like to say though, myself, that I too am glad that an English version has been made available. I'm eager to see how it will affect my playthrough, when I'm able to actually understand what's going on :) Congratulations on getting it done in such a relatively short time, Snakebyte! Perhaps you should consider adding screenshots of the English text in-game; I think I've yet to see that, even for the previous translation.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links