The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Old August 14th, 2011, 07:18 AM
archeops14
The First Bird

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Yeah, trying to build a team. But I'm a beginner in these stuff so I just go around trade threads trading for any Pokemon I think is good enough without thinking of a strategy.

Here's my team at the moment:

Hippowdon@None
IV [26/31/27/31/31/13]
EV [HP 252/ Def 152/ SpD 106]
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sand Stream
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

Rampardos@Life Orb
IV [31/31/18/30/30/30]
EV [HP 6/ Att 252/ Spe 252]
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-Earth Quake
-Fire Punch

Chandelure@Choice Specs
IV [31/17/31/31/31/31]
EV [Def 4/ SpA 252/ Spe 252]
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Overheat

Hydreigon@None
IV [31/20/22/31/18/17]
EV [HP 4/ SpA 252/ Spe 252]
Nature: Rash
Ability: Levitate
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse

(the next one is going to be an Archeops)

(none)

So I still need a Pokemon as well. Can you suggest some stuff, like changing some of them or suggesting the last Pokemon? Please make it an easy but effective team and btw, Archeops is not going

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by archeops14; August 14th, 2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Calamity
Just for the love of the game.

Nature: Relaxed
Although it has massive base attack, I really reccomend you ditch Rampardos, with such low speed, low defense and many weaknesses it' can usually be 2OKO'd even if it does get a rock polish up, it's the definition of a glass cannon. But still I won't be useless so here's my favourite set for him, he's hard not to ignore with the second highest base attack (165, only second to attack form Deoxys) in the game;

Rampardos @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Mold Breaker
~ Head Smash
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch
~ Pursuit
4 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spe

Head Smash broken down is this; 165 base attack + 150 base attack power + STAB + Choice Band = Death. Although the recoil won't be nice. Fire Punch is for Ferrothorn and Skarmory etc whilst Pursuit can hit anything trying to escape, hope I helped.

EDIT: Hydreigon also works better with either Modest or Timid nature, and use Choice Scarf or Specs as an item, or even Life Orb.
Happens
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:42 AM
archeops14
The First Bird

Ok, thanks for the advice.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Like Salamence said, Rampardos shouldn't be in an Standard OU team. Neither should Archeops. I can understand since he's your favourite Pokemon. But like Rampardos; he's a glass cannon. He's weak to Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch, both of which are quite common.

Chandelure isn't really that good. Sure it has a nice 145 Base Special attack, but that is really all it's got going for it. Also like Salamence suggested, replace Hydreigons Rash nature with Timid. I'll rate it some more once you've 6 Pokemon.

if you want good Pokemon for your team go stalk the good trade threads in the trade corner. ;;
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:29 AM
archeops14
The First Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

if you want good Pokemon for your team go stalk the good trade threads in the trade corner. ;;
Exactly what I'm doing

So Rampardos and Archeops are out of the picture. I may stick with Chandelure though to protect me from nasty level 1 Arons. Although Hippowdon can do that with his immunity to Sandstorm.

To replace Chandelure, I'm thinking of getting a Kyogre. I have no idea of strategy, I just thought what would be a good option. Slaking to my surprise is fairly fast so I'm thinking of replacing Rampardos with him. Archeops's replacement could lead me to Darkrai, who is fast and has a good Sp. Attack base. But I don't know for Hydreigon. I may get a better one

Old August 15th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by archeops14 View Post

Exactly what I'm doing ;)

So Rampardos and Archeops are out of the picture. I may stick with Chandelure though to protect me from nasty level 1 Arons. Although Hippowdon can do that with his immunity to Sandstorm.

To replace Chandelure, I'm thinking of getting a Kyogre. I have no idea of strategy, I just thought what would be a good option. Slaking to my surprise is fairly fast so I'm thinking of replacing Rampardos with him. Archeops's replacement could lead me to Darkrai, who is fast and has a good Sp. Attack base. But I don't know for Hydreigon. I may get a better one :)
Well I can see many problems already. Kyogre and Darkrai are banned from Standard play; as they are Uber Pokemon. Slaking is just as bad as Rampardos and Archeops because it has Truant. You won't see many level 1 Arons around, trust me. ): If you are worried about them and want a ghost type with high special attack, Gengar is always a viable contender. Being fast and powerful with decent typing; it's better than Chandelure. IMO.
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:24 AM
archeops14
The First Bird

Sure, okay. I'll try that.

Old August 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM
pknight96
Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism

Nature: Quirky
If your looking for a strong physical sweeper to replace Rampardos, try Darmanitan or Conkeldurr. If you want a good Special Attacker to replace the new idea of Darkrai, try Zorozark or DW Serperior. Gengar is a good replacement for Chandalure. Hippowdon and Hydrigon are great, and as for your empty space, try Skarmory or Ferrothorn.

Friend Safari Pokemon: Oddish, Swadloon, Quilladin

My Trade Shop: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324928

This is my OC, Alima! Please be nice to her!

My RP, A Rising Shadow! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326137

OOC Topic: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326431
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Pkmn-Br33der
Consistent Trader;D

Nature: Modest
Gengar or spiritomb for chandelure and for a physical sweeper suggest this
Dragonite
Adamant nature
Moveset
Extremespeed
Thunderpunch
Dragon dance
Dragon claw

And ur empty space, try umbreon with calm nature or careful since it has such high def for ur wall.

Found my Arcanine!

LF:

power items
berries that wipes out EVs
any TMs you may have for trade
choice specs
evolving items/stones
focus band
toxic orb
lagging tail
scope lens

PM me for offers

Old August 16th, 2011, 03:04 AM
archeops14
The First Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknight96 View Post
If your looking for a strong physical sweeper to replace Rampardos, try Darmanitan or Conkeldurr. If you want a good Special Attacker to replace the new idea of Darkrai, try Zorozark or DW Serperior. Gengar is a good replacement for Chandalure. Hippowdon and Hydrigon are great, and as for your empty space, try Skarmory or Ferrothorn.
Yeah, I'll add Ferrothorn soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmn-Br33der View Post
Dragonite
Adamant nature
Moveset
Extremespeed
Thunderpunch
Dragon dance
Dragon claw

And ur empty space, try umbreon with calm nature or careful since it has such high def for ur wall.
I'm going to do that Dragonite, and okay, I'll add Umbreon as a wall.

Old August 16th, 2011, 03:23 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkmn-Br33der View Post
Dragonite
Adamant nature
Moveset
Extremespeed
Thunderpunch
Dragon dance
Dragon claw

This Dragonite set is good, but it doesn't really need ThunderPunch. It's better left to Fire Punch or Earthquake for Steels. Also, you can consider adding Roost instead of ExtremeSpeed and use Multiscale as your ability so that Dragonite isn't a worse Salamence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archeops14 View Post

Yeah, I'll add Ferrothorn soon.

I'm going to do that Dragonite, and okay, I'll add Umbreon as a wall.
I don't think Ferrothorn and Umbreon should be together because they share a Fighting weakness. The standard Ferrothorn uses:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Ferrothorn also has good defensive synergy with Jellicent, who resists Ferrothorn's weaknesses:
-Scald
-Recover
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Taunt/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here